Topic edited: Notifications still screwed up

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 28 November 2022 at 6:24 PM

Looks like the shops are bugged at the moment, they have said "last restocked 15 minutes ago" for the past 5 minutes (may be longer, that's just when I noticed it).

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 28 November 2022 at 8:43 PM

@heatherm19

Yep, I noticed this too and it's still frozen. Items are still able to be bought, interestingly enough.

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 28 November 2022 at 8:47 PM

@xxcouchxx I wasn't brave enough to try buying anything, lol. Didn't want items to disappear or glitch out or anything.

Female
58 posts

nocutenameforme • 28 November 2022 at 9:19 PM

Trying to quest is getting really tough, when the shops are frozen......gack! LOL

Female
1,130 posts

valorieviolet • 28 November 2022 at 9:33 PM

Auctions seem to also be suck, at least the part where the creatures are given to the winner!

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 28 November 2022 at 9:40 PM

@dragrawr dude look at what ur creature is doing to this site. Its not even released yet and its causing so much destruction xD
Shops’ are still stuck and its a pain when you dont know when the shops are gonna refresh get a timer on if ur camping them 😂

3 posts

heatherm_side2 • 28 November 2022 at 9:57 PM

@valorie100 Oh wow yeah, look at all of those 'closed' auctions just sitting there!

@Ian @Orderedchaos

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 28 November 2022 at 10:10 PM

Realized the chaos here… also cave notifications just non existent anymore xD
@heatherm19

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 28 November 2022 at 10:33 PM

@wonder404exe Yup, I haven't gotten cave notifications in awhile, and I logged onto two of my sides and never got the 'thanks for logging in!' notifications.

Female
909 posts

icecream • 28 November 2022 at 10:47 PM

I also noticed the shops and auctions are stuck!
Well, at least the cave notifications are gone

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 November 2022 at 12:05 AM

'Collect Interest' also isn't refreshing. It's always the first thing to roll over for me. It's only been a few minutes, buit the latest it's ever been is by about 5 seconds, and it's now been four minutes. (And I deposited a whole minute before midnight by Eggcave's clock, so I know that's not the issue.)

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 29 November 2022 at 12:07 AM

Feeds haven't reset either. Creatures I had fed yesterday are currently unfeedable.

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 29 November 2022 at 12:11 AM

Wow, something is seriously borked up right now! Goodness.

I haven't gotten the daily reward for logging in, and as far as I know two of my sides never got the reward for yesterday even though I was logged in for awhile. I'm keeping an eye on my balance to see if I get the reward but just not the notification, but my ec balance hasn't changed.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 November 2022 at 12:21 AM

At this point it's almost easier to report what *IS* working.
Unless i missed it yesterday, the Mysterious Asteroid was reset for me.
(Edit: And the Cave count reset too.)

Too bad one the night mods didn't have "emergency" access.
I'm so used to getting compensation for these down periods on my tablet games, it's going to feel weird not getting anything here when it's over >.<
I'll have to say... this is the worst bug problem I've EVER seen on Eggcave in my year and a half here.

let's just hope the Gobblers we've been catching tonight count towards our total. (as opposed to acting like out of season randoms.)

Edit:
I posted on Mastergemma's wall about this (since pings and notices aren't working. I figure every option at our disposal and she's the most likely to be awake.)

Edit # 2/ p.s.
On the bright side, Notices makes for a nice short easy-to-find-Gobblers page. LOL! (I forgot that there'd be nothing there and went to it. And Ta-Da, Gobbler!)

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 29 November 2022 at 12:37 AM

@snowywinter Yeah, I'm hoping the Gobblers caught during all this will still count. Also hoping trades aren't reversed or anything (I accepted a trade offer before I realized how many things were screwed up, I haven't noticed anything off with the trades but...)

It's so weird, Eggcave is what I do when I'm online, I feel kinda lost with so much stuff broken lol. And I don't want to start any quests in case they get 'reset' or otherwise messed with when everything is fixed.

Female
58 posts

nocutenameforme • 29 November 2022 at 1:05 AM

@heatherm19 Oh poo! I didn't even think about quests getting reset. eep! *runs around with hands in air* HALP!! ROTFL

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 November 2022 at 1:14 AM

hey, i got a notice for having a new PM! : D - so those work!

FYI for those who haven't already seen (I didn't know until a few minutes ago,) There's a new blog post.
(The creature is so cute! I have ideas I want to start typing out.. but I really have to get to bed soon.)

Male
176 posts

kleineprinz • 29 November 2022 at 1:50 AM

Hello,

I came by here because I have a lot of worries like you. Above all I was surprised not to have any more notifications ... and I can no longer feed my creatures (the day seems not to have passed to the next one).

thank you @Snowywinter, I missed this ad.

24 posts

bunnywabbit • 29 November 2022 at 2:15 AM

Can't feed my creatures either.

Female
909 posts

icecream • 29 November 2022 at 3:55 AM

The asteroid works for me too, but I did not visit it yesterday. I wonder if it works for people who visited it the day before?

Female
2,394 posts

ida92 • 29 November 2022 at 3:56 AM

My creatures seem unfeedable too and the Site Trivia rewards haven't been sent out. I also didn't get the daily reward.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 November 2022 at 4:22 AM

does anyone know if there's a workaround for feeding creatures? like how you can choose Egg(View only) or Click by editing the link.
(not sure if this would work or not anyhow, if the site is actually thinking we're still on yesterday; but thought it would be worth testing if there is a way in case it's just the buttons that haven't been reset.)

(I was thinking we'd all have to dust off sides to keep coves alive... but then i remembered that the team is usually pretty good about giving a site-wide feed/full-health in cases like this and even doing some free resurrections.)

Female
1,730 posts

minnie298a • 29 November 2022 at 5:21 AM

Hmmmm......
OK, so my Asteroid seemed to reset. 99.99% sure I went yesterday, possibly more than once just to make sure I visited. My cave attempts also reset, but no notifications about it.

Nothing else seems to have. Bank, trivia, feeds etc....

To add to the list of non-resets, the Click Exchange is still showing no new pets for me. I'd cleared it yesterday.

Female
114 posts

pooh • 29 November 2022 at 5:43 AM

Cave and Asteroid working for me, but feeding and shops are still bugged...

Female
909 posts

icecream • 29 November 2022 at 5:49 AM

Oh no, the bakery is running low on goods!

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 29 November 2022 at 6:00 AM

Creatures fed? Nope, not today 😃 The time didn't reset guys...

Heh, surprisingly, Trivia did, how come?

Female
909 posts

icecream • 29 November 2022 at 6:10 AM

That's interesting that the Trivia and Astroid seem to work. I wonder why some parts of the site reset and others don't. This is making me want to learn more about coding. I am so curious about how things on the site work behind the scenes!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 November 2022 at 6:16 AM

Just got a notice for a Wall post.

Edit: Thanks to wonder404exe I also know that Blog post pings are also working. ^^

@icecream agree about wanting to learn coding (or rather being better at understanding it. It's a very fascinating language. I've been intrigued by it since the mid-1980's when a family friend was chatting with this guy over in Japan on the computer.* Sure, seems normal now, but back then it was mind-blowing. Unfortunately it slips out of my head as soon as I try stuffing that knowledge in there.

*there was lot of information input that had to be done to get to the point where messages could be sent and received. It wasn't as straight forward as it is now. And He explained what went into what he was typing out. Watching him type in the commands was like watching a master pianist in a concert hall.)

Female
114 posts

pooh • 29 November 2022 at 6:30 AM

@suzanab @icecream Hm... Trivia don't work for me, still waiting for the prize XD

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 29 November 2022 at 6:53 AM

@pooh yup still working on it xD
Edit: all non player operated notifications are frozen.
Edit2: so the lottery….

UPDATE THREE BIG UPDATE: TRADES NOTTTTT REFRESHING EVERYTHING NON PLAY FUNCTION ACTIVITIES ARE NOT WORKINGGGGGG
It started to not work a few days ago…
Also following this forum not working haha

Edit four
I can confirm that the leaderboards is also not working checked it a few days ago still the same now
So this issue started a few days ago and started to gone bad???!? Oh nuuu

Anyone can confirm that views clicks and feeds stil evolves the creatures or does the CC bought jars and bottles work

Also ASTROID IS NO PROBLEM