i wish EggCave had more of [X] creatures

in Chit-Chat

1,962 posts

opalquinze • 1 May 2023 at 4:43 PM

(sorry if the title sounds demanding, i didn’t know how to word it better)

-

pretty much what it says: EggCave’s got a lot of unique creatures, but knowing that not all can be featured, what do you wish there was more of?

personally, i wish EC had a bit more shark variety (and more in general). totally aware that most sharks irl have that general shape to them, so it would be hard to come up with an idea best suited for one if possible!

feel free to post on what you wish EC had more of!

Female
2,135 posts

cranberrycat1 • 1 May 2023 at 4:56 PM

I wish eggcave had more safari animals in general but maybe some hyenas cause i don't think we have any but i am not sure

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 2 May 2023 at 12:34 AM

i feel like there’s a lack of dino’s? but i’d also love more sharks and aquatic things too, even like mermaidish creatures, i love the sirena and even like a “nicer” looking sister creature to them would be cool!

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 2 May 2023 at 3:27 AM

For some reasons there's like, absurdly few creatures resembling the T-rex despite said dino's popularity-
But as @/sorrow said, more dino's would be great!

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 3 May 2023 at 5:43 AM

I wish eggcave had only fantasious and not real babies.

1,962 posts

opalquinze • 3 May 2023 at 7:06 AM

@cranberrycat1
yeah, i don’t think i can recall there being a hyena based one before? it would be nice to have more safari ones!

@sorrow
more dinos would be neat, maybe a bit more in variety? definitely agree on more aquatic/mermaid-like creatures!

@shirothekittehlover
actually now that i think bout it, i’m surprised as to how there hasn’t been a T-Rex one yet!

@pauloacacio
i’m gonna assume you meant more creatures based off of fantasy and not real animals, right? or just less baby stages in general? sorry if i came off rude, but the way you worded it was a bit confusing to me

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 3 May 2023 at 7:11 AM

I wish eggcave had only fantasious, unreal, creatively invented creatures and no real animal beings.

1,962 posts

opalquinze • 3 May 2023 at 7:23 AM

@pauloacacio
ah ok, that’s what you meant! thanks for the clarification! i can’t agree with the “only” part in yours, but it would great for someone to attempt to make something unique that doesn’t include a real animal or two!

Non-binary
101 posts

hfjone • 3 May 2023 at 11:49 PM

i want more robots!!!

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 4 May 2023 at 8:09 AM

I want more mythical beings!!!

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 5 May 2023 at 7:19 AM

More snails! And mythical creatures!

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 6 May 2023 at 6:53 PM

I'd like more hamsters/rodents in general. Also dolphins and squids, and mushroom themed things 😸

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 May 2023 at 8:28 AM

I wish there were any rays in the game.... :<

1,962 posts

opalquinze • 14 May 2023 at 11:46 AM

@hfjone
seems like EC already has a couple of robots, but i guess a few more could happen! a couple of 'em are partially animal, so i suppose it would be neat for another one to not have another creature mixed in!

@pastelrabbit
it would be pretty neat if more snails were created! i still find the Heimurin to be one of the most unique designs i've seen for a snail!

@astralrebel
i can't recall if there's a hamster based one, so it would be nice for the rodent variety! lucky enough, the site's gonna get a Capybara one! can't say if there's any dolphin and/or squid ones (since there's too many creatures), but more mushrooms would be neat!

@shirothekittehlover
yeah, a ray one would be neat! i'm surprised how there hasn't been one yet!

Female
166 posts

vivian • 19 May 2023 at 11:47 AM

I wish eggcave had more birds, bats & rats 😊 imagine rly cute spring rats, or fruit bats, or quail , or pigeon creatures... the possibilities are endless!

Everyone is so right! I'd love to see more of all the creatures in this thread! ♡

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 May 2023 at 12:50 PM

While I'd personally love more wolves, squirrels, and birds honestly it gets a bit boring having creatures based off of real world animals or objects. I love it when I run across something that is genuinely unique and original. (Kudos those those amazing people that come up with those ideas!)
No idea what could be original at this point (between so many creatures on this site, and so many people in the world... but every now and then someone comes up with something great! ^^) I'd be more drawn to it with gem or elemental type qualities. I like the shimmery things.

@vivian I definitely wouldn't turn down more bats of any type ^^ (but fruit bats are definitely a favorite.)
(wow, i thought we had a couple more quail types, but I could only find two and they're both CSPs. Drollo and Fauen)

@astralrebel you missed it (by only half a year,) we had a whole Creature Release Week dedicated to mushrooms! (pretty interesting too.) (and there's also Tokaroz, Tartruff, and Lypun.
Not saying there's "enough", just thought I'd mention them in case you weren't aware.)

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 19 May 2023 at 2:30 PM

There's quite a lot I'd love to see more of, now that I'm thinking about it. Just to list a few:

- More dinosaurs (and prehistoric things in general) would be cool to see.
- Maybe more robotic creatures (we already have a decent number, but I'm admittedly biased). This includes funny object-based ones like the Galiscope.
- More mythology-based creatures wouldn't hurt too.
- More "creepy" and weird creatures (outside of Halloween, anyway). I personally find creatures that are just cute with nothing else going on for them (like the Hanacat dontkillme) to be kinda boring... I'm sorry.
- More insects and invertebrates in general.
- More creatures that are just... creatures, if that makes sense. You can't just pinpoint them as one specific real life thing (like "this is a wolf, this is a pigeon, this is a dolphin, etc."). Maybe they're a weird hybrid of multiple animals, maybe they're just something made up, I dunno. To give some examples, maybe (redesigned) Baistay, Garo, Skrulline and I guess Hinonia. (With the Gantula as honourable mention of weird animal hybrid.)

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 19 May 2023 at 2:37 PM

@sparklefox oh that's awesome! I wasn't around for that, but I'm kinda jealous now heh

I also love your input on creepy/weird things. It reminds me of the concept of "uncanny valley" which is super fascinating.

Also, I just remembered that I meant to put that I want more COWS (I know we have a few but I love them and you can make them unique in different ways like fusing them with other creatures or having them be themed with decorations growing or sitting on them 😋

Female
258 posts

juniperrains • 25 May 2023 at 6:51 PM

@opalquinze I'm with you, I wish egg cave had more shark creatures. According to Google, there are over 500 species of sharks!

Female
435 posts

salanderinlove • 29 May 2023 at 8:51 AM

I wish eggcave have more mythological creatures! I'd love to see some brazilian mithology creatures (like Anhanga, a white deer with fire in the eyes).

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 15 June 2023 at 7:57 PM

Wait a minute.....
I'm surprised we haven't got any ant, cuckoo, nor catfish creatures yet- 🤔

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 14 August 2023 at 2:13 PM

I agree with @/salanderinlove, I love creatures inspired by mythology. a lot of Chinese mythological creatures take a lot of parts from different animals, so I'd love to see some that have a lot of different parts so you cant exactly pinpoint what animal it comes from at first glance ^-^

Non-binary
1,413 posts

provo7demons • 14 August 2023 at 4:46 PM

More snakes would be nice! And worms 😊

1,962 posts

opalquinze • 14 August 2023 at 5:21 PM

guess it’s been a bit over 2 months since i’ve last posted on this one, huh?

(not gonna ping everyone that had posted since my last reply as i know not everyone’s cool with pings)

seems like a few have said they would like more mythological creatures, which i would definitely agree on! there’s a lot around the world EC can base off of, although the tricky part here is how to make ‘em work (since the concepts behind ‘em might be “copied” unintentionally from existing entries)

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 14 August 2023 at 7:19 PM

I can never get enough of food creatures ❤️

Female
519 posts

boba • 14 August 2023 at 10:12 PM

Eggcave needs more nature-based creatures! (Flowers, trees, plants, etc.) 🌳🌱🌿💚

78 posts

komore • 4 November 2023 at 5:04 AM

we need more jellyfish

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 4 November 2023 at 5:09 AM

Creatures that look like plushies, make this happen artists!!

Female
228 posts

discordia • 5 November 2023 at 1:02 AM

Needs more dinosaurs, and possibly aquatics. But I'd like to see a Tazmanian Devil or more weird critters like a Platypus if there isn't one already. I'm forgetful.

Gender Nonconforming
225 posts

dibabeebees • 6 November 2023 at 10:27 AM

NUDIBRANCH CREATURES

More sealife creatures please!!! and mushroomy stuff,,