🐦‍⬛ Creature Suggestion Collab : Licorvice 🍬

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What is your favorite stage of this creature? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
166 posts

vivian • 7 June 2023 at 3:40 PM

⋆*・゚:⋆*⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚⋆*・゚:⋆*⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚⋆*・゚:⋆*⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

🖤 Hello there, this is a collaboration #creaturesuggestion between myself and the lovely @daisycat ! I dreamed up the idea and description, and Daisy helped illustrate and bring this amazing creature to life! ❤️

❤️ The name of this creature originates from a combination of the black or red candy known as Licorice , and Corvus , which comes from the Genus that the crow family belongs to in the animal kingdom! 🖤

The Licorvice

Image: https://ibb.co/8Kcb75D
{ Artwork by @Daisycat ! }

🥚Stage 1 (Egg)
🐤Stage 2 (Baby): 400 Feeds
🐦‍⬛Stage 3 (Teen): 600 Feeds
🍬Stage 4 (Adult): 820 Feeds

The Archives

Weight: 2 kg
Height: 1.2 m
Gender Profile: Standard (48% F, 48% M, 4% NonBinary)

About Licorvice Eggs

A Licorvice egg smells faintly of sweet licorice and has twisted 'ridges' along the shell.
When it is time to hatch, the licorice on its egg untwists as the baby eats its way out of the egg!

About the Licorvice Creature

These cute relatives to the Krow are not everyone's cup of tea, due to the licorice smell that lingers when in the presence of one.

Their bodies resemble that of black licorice, while their wings, tail, and head crest grow independently. The licorice feathers of a Licorvice shed daily, and provide a nice snack when it is preening!
They are very loyal creatures, and are kept as pets by Arkians. They tend to either be loners due to self sufficiency, or share with one other Licorvice.
Due to this, they are a rare but loved pet among Arkians. They stay loyal and protect them, as well as their partners.

❤️ Please let me know what you think of this suggestion, and thank you to @daisycat again for the amazing art! ❤️
This creature is black and red, so it may be a bit darker than the drawings, but not pitch black! As Daisy illustrates in the drawings, the body is just a lighter shade of black ^^ 🖤
I would love to see these come out around October since crows and candy are definitely great for Halloween x)

Pings:
@astralrebel
@mastergemma
@kataclysm

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 7 June 2023 at 3:59 PM

@vivian
I love your creative and clever crow idea, Viv!! So adorable and it was a pleasure to work with you. Mmm, licorice. 😊

@dragrawr
@wonder404exe
@okami
@sunduck
@twinkle
@matcha

Female
54 posts

sunduck • 7 June 2023 at 4:06 PM

Combining two of my favorite things...

I love this so much! You two should team up more often!

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 7 June 2023 at 4:21 PM

This is a very interesting concept, and the combination of red and black is very attractive. It's a little confusing that the pose and the direction of the creature's gaze are only in one direction, maybe a small variety of poses will help.

I am very-very interested in this bird and wish you luck in it's release ❤️

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 7 June 2023 at 4:24 PM

@sunduck
Thank you Sunny, you're sweet! 😊

@mindwhiper
Thanks for your interest! I'm not sure why that's confusing, but to clarify, the creature is looking forward in one stage and looking up in two stages. And it can easily be flipped horizontally if you'd like the entire creature to be facing the opposite direction. 😊

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 7 June 2023 at 4:43 PM

@daisycat
@vivian
Omg they look like foot roll-ups-
*COUGH* UM
CONFETTI.
licorice… candy…
UM
PINATA BIRD-

Female
2,911 posts

heatherm19 • 7 June 2023 at 5:17 PM

Omg. This may be the cutest crow I've ever seen. THAT BABY STAGE!! And I love the licorice wings on the adult, beautiful!

Male
91 posts

matcha • 7 June 2023 at 10:05 PM

I like how it holds the "worm" in the third stage 😊

Great idea and fantastic artwork! Looks delicious hehe

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 7 June 2023 at 10:09 PM

This is even better than I even imagined when you were originally describing it, you both really brought the idea to life! I don't know which stage I love the most, that 3rd stage is so dang adorable when you imagine it is bringing you a piece of licorice as a gift 😸

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 8 June 2023 at 7:41 AM

Nice! The third stage is so cute with the licorice "worm", and I love the little strands on its head that keep growing, adorable. The name is clever too! I do think flipping for example one of the stages would be preferable so it's not facing the same way each time, as was said before, but that's the only thing I can think of as feedback really! It would definitely be perfect for a Halloween release. Great job both of you ❤️

Female
258 posts

juniperrains • 8 June 2023 at 2:25 PM

I love it! I agree with Isis, It's perfect for Halloween. The red licorice really enhances the wings. You both did an excellent job!

Female
2,541 posts

dragrawr • 8 June 2023 at 8:42 PM

@vivian @daisycat

FIANLLY THE MYSTERIOUS BIRD IS AVAILABLE TO MEEE I love this so much, both of you!! The description and artwork are so amazing. I’m hungry though….

Female
166 posts

vivian • 10 June 2023 at 6:50 PM

┌─── ・ 。゚: *. .* : ───┐

Thank you to all of the above for your kind words! I sincerely appreciate all of your feedback for this pet.
As stated before, these drawings are just a suggestion, which means they are only a start! I will leave it up to EC to decide if they want to flip the images to make the Licorvice face another way or pose differently in stages. I personally love what @daisycat has created, but I know I trust EC to make any changes if need be. ^^

Pings:
@Ian
@toebeans
@ladyheathen
Please disregard if not interested, curious of your thoughts ^^

└─── ・ 。゚: *. .* :───┘

318 posts

chihiro_sang • 13 June 2023 at 12:32 PM

This would make a great Easter of Halloween pet.

Deleted • 13 June 2023 at 6:33 PM

@vivian omg its so cool I can not wait to see it made.

179 posts

noman15 • 14 June 2023 at 11:21 AM

It's a cute design for a candy creature.

475 posts

spell • 18 June 2023 at 9:45 AM

I don't like licorice but this is cute XD Could definitely see it for Halloween, would be cool if they did a candy month or something ^^

Other
136 posts

pauloacacio • 21 June 2023 at 9:46 AM

Soooooooo cute!

Female
1,128 posts

valorieviolet • 28 June 2023 at 5:14 PM

I agree with everyone else saying that this would be a great creature for Halloween! Not just because it's made out of candy, but because it gives off dark and mysterious vibes (in a good way) ^^

Looking forward to that "chosen for October!" message from Ian 😉

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 14 September 2023 at 7:39 PM

Thank you for all the sweet comments, everyone! Very appreciated. ❤️

Boosting this post as October is on its way and it'd be a delight for @vivian to come back to!

Non-binary
1,383 posts

provo7demons • 15 September 2023 at 1:08 PM

I love birds, and this is such a cute and creative design! The hatchling stage is definitely my favorite, but it looks so good all grown up as well ^^

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 19 September 2023 at 8:28 PM

@provo7demons
Thank you for the sweet comment, Provo! 😊

Pinging some friends to check out me and @/vivian's suggestion, if they'd like:

@applegranny
@dibabeebees
@pamela
@pastelrabbit
@snowywinter
@suzanab
@twinkle

Female
158 posts

applegranny • 19 September 2023 at 9:55 PM

Congrats to both of you on a great presentation, deliciously done! Clever and cute idea and beautiful artwork! Good luck, hope it's chosen soon!!

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 20 September 2023 at 5:57 AM

@daisycat

Wonderful work and sooo sweeeet! 😃 ❤️

Gender Nonconforming
216 posts

dibabeebees • 20 September 2023 at 10:23 AM

He's so fluffy!!! I love.

179 posts

noman15 • 21 September 2023 at 10:51 AM

It's a cute idea for a fair prize.

Female
656 posts

pamela • 23 September 2023 at 5:48 AM

@vivian

Got pinged here and Im glad I did, thanks @daisycat

Oh wow, thats one of the prettiest egg stages I have ever seen on this site... Also the baby stage is the cutest! I need to save up some CC to freeze it like I did with my o and Shengxiao. I really love different bird creatures here, especially the baby birds, but the aldult stage is fascinating as well. The rope-like feathers give it a little bit strange, but definitely original look. 😊

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 24 September 2023 at 12:11 AM

Thank you so much, everyone! ❤️