✡ Daisy's Chanukah Giveaway ✡ — Winners Announced 12/7!

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
1,296 posts

daisycat • 3 December 2023 at 4:51 PM

╭─────.˚❅꙳.✡.꙳❅˚.─────╮
ᴡ ᴇ ʟ ᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴇ    ᴛ ᴏ    ᴅ ᴀ ɪ s ʏ ' s
C H A N U K A H   G I V E A W A Y
╰─────────────────╯

Shalom and thank you for stopping by!

Last year, I held a Chanukah giveaway that I posted on my profile.
This year, I am making it more obvious and posting here in the forums. ^^

You have until Wednesday, December 6th, at 11:59 PM ECT to join.
There are six (6) prize bundles. You may offer on more than one.
If you win, you are not disqualified from winning another bundle.
Please offer one item only. The item will be returned to you.

The first night of Chanukah falls on December 7th this year.
That is when the winners will be selected by random.org!

————————————
🪬 It's Tradition! 🪬
Latkes, sufganiyot, noodle kugel, applesauce.
Well, they're generic brand.

Check out prize bundle! ➜
————————————

————————————
🪙 Gimmel All Your Gelt 🪙
You spin the dreidel and it lands on gimmel. Nice!
————————————

————————————
🕯️Festival of Lights🕯️
You take in the beautiful, mesmerizing glow.
————————————

————————————
🍽️ David's Six Pointed Star Dinner 🍽️
A bagel with schmear and lox, hamantaschen, New York cheesecake.
Well, they're generic brand.

————————————

————————————
❄️ I'll Have a Blue Chanukah ❄️
Without you. Oy vey.
————————————

————————————
🕎 A Great Miracle Happened Here 🕎
L'chaim! Need I say more?
————————————

Each lot comes with a Hanukkah Greeting Card that reads:

┌────────── ⋆✡⋆ ──────────┐
𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 ℰ𝑔𝑔 𝒞𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓇,      
𝒲𝒾𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓊𝓀𝒶𝒽 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝒾𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑜𝓃.
𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒟𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇.
𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝑒𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓌𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈
𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒.

   ⠀ 𝒦𝒾𝓃𝒹 ℛ𝑒𝑔𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈, 𝒟𝒶𝒾𝓈𝓎
└────────── ⋆✡⋆ ──────────┘

Fun Fact: There's pretty much no wrong way to spell Chanukah. That's right! While the "correct" spelling is Chanukah, and a very common spelling is Hanukkah, you could spell it Hanuka and get away with it. Maybe.

Fun Fact: I celebrate both Christmas and Chanukah, as one side of my family is Jewish. :-)

Fun Fact: My name in Hebrew is Chinanít (hee-nah-NEET). It means: "a family person; loves harmony, giving; a good, noble person; concern for others is their top priority; talented and creative with a tendency to perfection."

Female
841 posts

sulvas • 3 December 2023 at 5:23 PM

I love the amount of passion and effort you put into this to make it both informative and fun. Thank you so much for hosting this! ❤️

234 posts

spookyfrog • 3 December 2023 at 5:30 PM

@daisycat this is really neat, im excited to see who wins 😊

1,950 posts

opalquinze • 3 December 2023 at 5:32 PM

@daisycat

wow, these facts you put here are really interesting (especially the other spelling of Hanukkah)! really takes me back when i learned a bit bout Hanukkah in school and everyone would make a paper (or cardstock, it's been a while) dreidel! think they just liked the shape and spinning it did and not the game behind it (i'm recalling from when i was in elementary, so hopefully this doesn't sound too rude)

offered on all of 'em! thx for doing this and happy Hanukkah/Chanukah to you!

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 3 December 2023 at 5:50 PM

@daisycat this is amazing !!! My trade lots are taking up my storage so I’ll have to offer on the rest when my trades close

You’re so wonderful Daisy 💙💙💙💙

Female
885 posts

mythisea • 3 December 2023 at 6:09 PM

As others have said, I love the thoughtfulness and passion you put into this. I enjoyed reading all the descriptions and learning about Chanukah ❤️

P.S. Your name in Hebrew sounds like a PERFECT fit for you!

Female
1,729 posts

lexicon • 3 December 2023 at 6:10 PM

@daisycat

This is so cute, thanks for hosting 😊❤️

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 3 December 2023 at 6:20 PM

@daisycat
Awww your greeting card is adorable!! ;w;
Thank you so much for hosting, Daisy 😸
Happy Chanukah! 🕯️❄️❤️
Offered on all of the lots for max chance XD
Good luck everyone! ^^

Gender Fluid
2,098 posts

appleblizzard • 3 December 2023 at 8:06 PM

@daisycat this is brilliant! we never learnt much about Chanukah in school so thank you for teaching me some more about it ^^
offered on all of the lots for fun. good luck to everyone!
and Happy Chanukah to all ❤️

Demifluid
1,503 posts

wonder404exe • 3 December 2023 at 8:08 PM

@daisycat
Happy Chanukah >:0

Female
1,733 posts

minnie298a • 3 December 2023 at 8:23 PM

@daisycat
Thank you for the giveaway and the info. As someone who grew up and lives in an area without a visible/vocal Jewish population, the bit about the spelling was really interesting.

Female
1,296 posts

daisycat • 3 December 2023 at 8:50 PM

Thank you for joining, everyone! And for all of your sweet comments, I really do appreciate it! ❤️

@dragrawr
Please feel free to offer on one of your sides! 😊

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 3 December 2023 at 9:02 PM

@daisycat word, I’ll back out of my Dragrawr ones and enter w kaizen

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 3 December 2023 at 9:17 PM

@daisycat
happy early chanukah thanks for hosting!! ❤️

Female
2,917 posts

heatherm19 • 3 December 2023 at 9:24 PM

@daisycat Oh wow, I love the information about your name, I spent a few moments trying to pronounce it. You are so sweet to do this giveaway, I love the way you've written your post and the greeting card. 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 3 December 2023 at 9:56 PM

Shalom Daisy,

OMG, this Chanukah giveaway is so fun!
I LOVE the section titles! ^^ < 3 (I love the whole theme and spirit of the giveaway tbh You did a marvelous job tying it all in, incorporating the Eggcaviness of it all. lol.)
Awww... You were so aptly named... or you're doing a great job living up to it ^^

Y'all know I seen the one with the snowflake cookie and I didn't even see the CC at first, right? lol.

Minnie's comment made me laugh a bit. I live in a predominately Catholic area and the only other group that is visible are the Amish. Even have a few business around that still offer places to hitch horses, pastures, horse parking, etc. (not uncommon to see their goods for sale in grocery stores around here either. ^^)

p.s. (yes i offered an item that's in one of the lots. It was already in my Inventory >.<)

Female
258 posts

juniperrains • 3 December 2023 at 10:08 PM

Thank you so much @daisycat for hosting this giveaway! I had no idea about the correct spelling of Chanukah. I always spelled it Hanukkah. I hope this season brings you joy and time well spent.

Female
228 posts

discordia • 3 December 2023 at 10:28 PM

@daisycat
It's nice seeing some Chanukah representation, thank you for hosting the giveaway! I'm looking forward to the yummy latkes soon to come for my own household. Applesauce dollied, ummph so tasty!

Female
2,702 posts

jlya • 3 December 2023 at 10:47 PM

@daisycat
Thanks for hosting this giveaway! This is so generous of you yet again ^^
Your Hebrew name is so lovely, it's literally so perfect for you ❤️

Female
1,905 posts

chaotictreat • 3 December 2023 at 11:09 PM

@daisycat ty for hosting! love all the effort you've put into the descriptions etc, i'll def be having a day of googling as i haven't heard of half of the things you mentioned and would like to know more! also that name fits very well 😃
offered on all : 3

Non-binary
1,395 posts

provo7demons • 3 December 2023 at 11:11 PM

Thank you so much for doing this!

Female
1,296 posts

daisycat • 4 December 2023 at 12:28 AM

Thank you everyone for such wonderful comments, I love all of them!! ❤️

@discordia
Ooh yay! So delighted to see another chosen one! ;D

@snowywinter
LOL to be fair, the snowflake cookie is seriously so pretty. ^^

For anyone interested, here is what I made for Chanukah last year for @/matcha and myself. 😊

https://ibb.co/FVHPSJ9

Latkes: Potato pancakes made from grated potatoes. You can use a food processor with a grater attachment, but I grated by hand this time lol. Fried until crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Served hot with sour cream and / or my homemade applesauce for dipping. I love both sauces personally, but it's a very opinionated subject! Which would you choose? Ketchup is also great too, of course. (Pronounced LAHT-kee or LAHT-kuh singular latke, LAHT-keese or LAHT-kuz plural latkes.)

Sufganiyot: My homemade fried yeast risen doughnuts filled with raspberry jelly and topped with powdered sugar. (Pronounced SOOF-gahnee-yuh singular sufganiyah, SOOF-gahnee-yoht plural sufganiyot.)

Noodle Kugel: An egg noodle casserole that can be sweet or savory. This one I made is sweet, with raisins, sour cream, cottage cheese, vanilla, and cinnamon. It's one of those dishes that looks and sounds a bit odd, but almost anyone loves it when they try it. (Pronounced KUH-gull, but more fun and common to say KOO-gull because it rhymes with noodle!)

Grape Soda Pop: Made with my homemade concord grape jelly and seltzer water.

On the side we have some chocolates, including gelt, which are chocolate coins wrapped in foil. Often the "currency" used to play dreidel. (Pronounced how it's spelled, but with a G sound, not J.)

Chanukah is all about oil, and how the oil burned and lit the way for eight days and eight nights, so you're supposed to relish fried foods during the holiday, hence the latkes and doughnuts!! ^^

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 4 December 2023 at 1:56 AM

@daisycat Thank you for doing this. ❤️ I love how much work you put into giving a theme to every lot. ❤️

Female
360 posts

frosting • 4 December 2023 at 2:50 AM

@daisycat aww this is super cute! ty for hosting, i offered on all the lots lol

Female
1,905 posts

chaotictreat • 4 December 2023 at 5:23 AM

@daisycat that all looks and sounds sooo good omg ty for explaining! im hungry now XD

Female
2,917 posts

heatherm19 • 4 December 2023 at 9:32 AM

@daisycat Oh yum all that food looks so good! It's funny, I know the Chanukah story with the oil and all, but I never would've connected it with the fried foods if you hadn't mentioned that.

Female
2,202 posts

ashlinnhi • 4 December 2023 at 10:01 AM

@daisycat all that food looks amazing!!! i love potato in all forms so i think i would kill for some Latkes... i'm particularly curious on how it would taste with applesauce so maybe that's the sauce i would pick hehe.

thank you Daisy for hosting and taking the time to format and explain everything!! it's so nice to learn more about Chanukah ❤️

Female
1,117 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 4 December 2023 at 12:53 PM

@daisycat thank you so much for the wonderful contest! I love how cute your lots and titles are ❤️

Female
1,134 posts

valorieviolet • 4 December 2023 at 5:07 PM

@daisycat

All the bundles you've created for this giveaway are so well thought out! I love how they all come with a greeting card at the very end ❤️ My favorite is the "I'll Have a Blue Chanukah ❄️Without you" bundle and "David's Six Pointed Star Dinner " bundle! The bagel and salmon all makes sense now xD

While this is not a holiday that my family personally partakes in, I do appreciate Hanukkah (I'm used to seeing it spelled this way) for what it is and think it's beautiful. I also love a good latke & 100% agree with @/ashlinnhi, I also love potato in all forms! Yours looks so crispy and delicious and those sufganiyot look absolutely STUNNING. I really wish we could all taste your cooking 😭

Thank you for putting these together and sharing your traditions with us ❤️

Female
2,123 posts

cranberrycat1 • 4 December 2023 at 6:33 PM

@daisycat
Thanks for hosting this giveaway! You are so generous your Hebrew name is perfect for you. It describes you so well especially this bit: "good, noble person; concern for others is their top priority; talented and creative" ❤️