in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 16 January 2024 at 10:44 AM

Estraeya: play on words 'estrela' meaning star

Concept Art: by senkou
Description: by dragrawr α΅•Μˆ

───────── ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜†: *.☽ .* :β˜†οΎŸ. ─────────

Hey hey it's Senkou again c: I was feeling creative and thought of a little dragon creature inspired by this year's zodiac! I know i've been kinda spamming with so many creature suggestions in a short period of time (elsara, bunvun, and now estraela, basically one per month haha) but i wanted to draw anyways and thought I might as well share it. As always hope you guys like it ❀️

"ESTRAEYA" UPDATED Concept Art : https://www.deviantart.com/bellanienie/art/Estraeya-Concept-Art-2-1012111107

Old Art: https://www.deviantart.com/bellanienie/art/Estraela-Concept-Art-1011624013

Key features: Star-like detail on one side of its head, gradient blue horns get shorter with each stage, dark beige 'blush' with a white mouth, stars are silver (alt. muted orange), loosely inspired by chinese dragons so no wings

Habitat: Outer space/ Fairy World/ Ark City
Height: 0.2 m
Weight: 4 kg

standard: 48% male, 48% female, 4% non-binary
Evo path: 350 clicks >> 500 clicks >> 800 clicks

Description
(thank you @dragrawr!!):

Egg:
The pastel colored egg is swaying back and forth, seemingly rocking itself into a comfortable sleep.

Creature:
As young hatchlings the Estraeya species has incredible overgrown horns, forcing the babies to stay put on a star. Since they are too heavy to begin floating they begin to play around with the other young, breaking loose tiny particles of the star. Due to these newfound friend groups of Estraeya, the stardust becomes enhanced by the creature's inner magic, allowing them to float and fly with ease. As adolescents they sometimes make crash landings onto stars- a consequence of their still bulky horns and their urge to bump into each other playfully.

The stars that get bumped into, in the midst of these tiny dragons romping around, become the shooting stars Arkians see at night. The stars get jolted loose of their position and fly across the sky in a dazzling glow. If looked at closely, one may be able to see the fun-loving Estraeyas chasing after the star, spinning and twirling in its stardust, making high pitched chirping sounds.

Be sure to wish on these shooting stars since the Estraeya can hear these wishes reverberating off the star, and may be inclined to use its magic to grant the wish! They are magical, after all!

Thanks for popping by this thread, please lmk your thoughts and feel free to ping friends 😊❀️

[A few starting pings, sorry if you don't like them!]

@leafmelody @thedarkarcher @froot @frosting @cho @dragrawr @sinthr @ian

Deleted • 16 January 2024 at 10:47 AM

Aww, it looks very peaceful and also a bit sleepy somehow? 😊 I really like the simplicity in the color scheme too, it looks very relaxing and soft on the eyes... dunno how to explain it, it just gives me a very "relaxing" vibe!

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 16 January 2024 at 11:34 AM

@senkou you know me I can’t possibly resist dragons. I could make a description if you wanted >< I live this fella. I kinda want the stages to all be small it would just look sooo cute

🌟 the way I’m about to release a star/space themed design too… space month PLEASE 🌟

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 16 January 2024 at 9:36 PM

@senkou
he eepy /pos
Very adorable, I like it : D
(πŸ‰β­/10!!)

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 16 January 2024 at 11:35 PM

@sinthr thank you sin! ❀️ i was going for a dreamy/minimalistic vibe for the creature so i'm glad it came across well ^^

@dragrawr yes i was hoping it would have a smaller aesthetic too (hence 20cm height lol), a full set of minis would be so cute o-o❀️ and if you have some free time on your hands feel free to write him a description (would be much appreciated and would love to collab hehe).

@shirothekittehlover thank u so much! 😊❀️

more pings:
@flakes
@ida92
@anarchy
@wonder404exe

Female
1,734 posts

lexicon • 16 January 2024 at 11:56 PM

@senkou oh it's just adorable!!!❀️. i love love love the color choices and the smolness of it, i want to hold and protect c:

also- YAY FOR MORE SPACE MONTH SUGGESTIONS❀️❀️

1,037 posts

anarchy • 17 January 2024 at 1:12 AM

ooh i really love this! i'm a sucker for anything with a starry✨ aesthetic and the thistle/lavender + light gold color scheme is so perfect! the design is just the right balance of adorable and alien-esque πŸ₯Ή and the vibes are just right. i'd definitely love to have one in my cove and pair em with a nice galaxy type travel :]

very much here for space month! πŸš€πŸ’«

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 17 January 2024 at 2:23 AM

@senkou It's a very cute and pretty design. ^^ Reminds me of the Naleli, perhaps they could be cousins. ^^

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 17 January 2024 at 3:08 AM

@senkou
she's on fire with the creature suggestions!! it's so cute and majestic i love it and the colour scheme is sooo aesthetic oo: please make this there's gotta be a purple and pastel yellow creature somewhere on this site ((:

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 17 January 2024 at 10:36 AM

@lexicon thank you!! love the colours i went with for this too ^^ space month lezgooo (april/may perhaps?)

@anarchy wow i'm really glad to hear that thank you so much!! ❀️❀️

@ida92 yeah i saw that too after i finished the art, love nalelis though so i'd love for them to be related in some way!

@leafmelody more boredom = more creature suggestions πŸ˜› and tyyyy we need more aesthetic pets on eggcave frfr

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 17 January 2024 at 11:01 AM

@senkou
Gosh this dragon is so soft and adorable. ❀️ πŸ₯Ί
If I was going to be critical; I would say I honestly get similar vibes between it and the Naleli.
(THERES LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS, I adore both - I think its just cause similar colors + stars and my brain groups them)

Overall I really adore the soft color palette of this dragon and I'd love to see it & get one myself.
I love the beige, purple and yellow muted colors.
The soft aesthetic is just *chef kiss*

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 18 January 2024 at 12:44 AM

@prairie thank you, i'm glad you like the aesthetic and colours! and thanks for pointing this out, yeah i'm beginning to notice the similarity the more i compare the two πŸ˜­β€οΈβ€πŸ©Ήβ€οΈβ€πŸ©Ή thinking of changing some of the colours or art perhaps to create a more distinct difference between the two creatures, but feel free to let me know if you had any suggestions (from one artist to another x))

edit: changed the colours, lmk what you think!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 18 January 2024 at 1:52 PM

@senkou
BABY BLUE MY BELOVED
Gosh I adore mutes browns and blues. And the yellow adds some warmth to it so it doesn't feel too cold! If you want to add more warmth - you might be able to change the cheek patch (I think that's what it is) to a darker brown.
I still LOVE IT!

I rans some tests here on combos if you were curious: https://sta.sh/01umhder6fkz
(I just separated the lineart to run tests- hope you don't mind)

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 18 January 2024 at 2:12 PM

@prairie I suggested an orange star as well, I feel like it would go well with the neutral and muted colors so far πŸ‘€ hopefully it gets made πŸ™πŸŒ™πŸŒŸ

Deleted • 18 January 2024 at 3:00 PM

Just came back again to appreciate the description, really amazing work there @dragrawr (I imagine them being all clumsy and playful now with their horns and stuff and it's just too adorable??). 😭 I also really like the revamped art version as well, I do love that relaxing blue color... I think I want that kind of blue on my kitchen's front wall too. ✨

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 18 January 2024 at 6:34 PM

Coming back here just to say; nice alt palette (@senkou) and nice description (@dragrawr)! : DD
Would like to play with the little skrunkly πŸ₯Ί

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 18 January 2024 at 6:44 PM

@shirothekittehlover ❀️ ❀️ thank you so much ;w; I had a lot of fun writing the description!! ^^ ❀️ ❀️

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 18 January 2024 at 7:21 PM

@senkou @dragrawr
I love the egg and drag is always good with descriptions somehow >_>

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 18 January 2024 at 8:33 PM

@senkou

aww its so cute! i love how tiny it is and the cloudy-star design concept!

Female
361 posts

frosting • 19 January 2024 at 4:42 AM

@senkou another banger suggestion!!! i like both colour palettes but maybe it's just bc i like pastels lol

Female
472 posts

flakes • 19 January 2024 at 7:06 AM

@senkou I LOVE IT ❀️ Loving the updated colour choices as well, you bet I will be collecting them haha

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 22 January 2024 at 1:00 AM

@prairie HEHE i'm glad that you like it 😊❀️ also thanks for taking the time to do the alt colour palettes, i especially love the suggestion of the yellow/silver mist alongside the original creature art, might add it as a note to the artists if you wouldn't mind? ^^

@sinthr @shirothekittehlover (right drag's literally a natural at creature description writing ;-;❀️) thanks for popping back and glad you like the updates1!!!

@wonderexe404 @icecloud101 thanks and i'm happy to hear that you like the concept!

@frosting thanks brah 😘🫰🏼 and yup we def need more pastel/muted coloured creatures in the game (the creature colour palettes are so saturated these days)

@flakes glad you like it!! i'm so honoured that you wanna collect my suggestions ;-;❀️ hopefully it gets made!

more pings:
@appleblizzard
@daisycat
@myriadium

Gender Fluid
2,098 posts

appleblizzard • 22 January 2024 at 5:39 AM

@senkou OMG ITS SO CUTE???? need a bunch in my cove NOW. I love the colour scheme and how tiny it looks, definitely needs a lot of cuddles!! πŸ₯Ί and the concept of the horns growing shorter throughout the stages is interesting too, I imagine the babies are quite clumsy with them like newborn deer are with their legs haha ^^ I'm all for it!! gonna be wishing that space month comes quickly so that I can snatch a dozen of these babies ❀️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 22 January 2024 at 11:00 AM

@senkou totally go for it!

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 27 January 2024 at 9:37 PM

@senkou
Senkou, this is such a cute lil dragon! Egg Cave can always use more magical little friends like this one. I really like the color palette, the fluffy parts, and the winky face. *edit* Dragrawr's *edit* description is just lovely, too. I'm wishing on a shooting star that this will be made!

Thank you for the ping!

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 27 January 2024 at 9:46 PM

@daisycat I’m glad you like the description \o/ β­οΈβ­οΈπŸ’›πŸ’› I want this fella to be real so bad

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 27 January 2024 at 9:49 PM

@dragrawr
Oh crab! Please accept my apologies, I missed that you wrote the description! It's definitely beautiful. ❀️
We have a lot of fierce dragons on this site, so to have more dragons, and have them be complementary to the fierce ones, is very needed! It's nice to have a variety. ^^ I'd love to see how the artist interprets this sweet looking cutie.

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 27 January 2024 at 9:51 PM

@daisycat ouh no worries !! πŸ˜­β­οΈπŸ’› I’m just glad you liked the description!! Hopefully we can get a space month this this cutie patootie and the Astrozen and the Tibble πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«β­οΈπŸ’›

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 28 January 2024 at 8:09 AM

@daisycat
wow thank you daisy!! glad you like the pet and description, fingers crossed for space month πŸ˜‰β€οΈ

Female
113 posts

yrnaelle • 28 January 2024 at 11:41 AM

@senkou
I love stars and dragons, THAT CREATURE IS SO BEATIFUL ;_; If it ever gets in the game, I'll collect as much as I can ❀️