🐜🍭Summer Creature Suggestion: The Sucrant 🍭🐜

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 22 January 2024 at 3:52 PM

As the Winter Weather slowly but surely tries to best me, I'm dreaming of warmer days! That's where the inspiration of this fella came from. With a combination of ants + candy, it feels like a very summer-y creature to me, very picnic-y. And as someone who is very Pro-More Bugs on Eggcave, I encourage you to take a look!

Art: https://shorturl.at/mnMPZ

About the Sucrant Egg:

Sucrant Eggs are considered sweet delicacies in some places, often being called the caviar of the sugar-world. They do have a sweet smell coming from them, and can often be mistaken for gumballs! Prankster Arkians have been known to give these eggs to their friends as a trick, instead of giving them an actual sweet. We strongly advise against this. 😊

About the Sucrant Creature:

Sucrants spend their hatched lives searching for the next sweet treat. Some of wives' tales say that the sugar crystals on their legs symbolize the number of treats they've found during their lifetime. They use these sticky granules to grapple up any surface as they continue their hunt.

Thank you for checking out my sweet boy! Hope you like him!

Pings:

@provo7demons
@daisycat
@ashlinnhi
@lexicon

Tag your friends, I beg ❤️

#artbyredflipflap

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 22 January 2024 at 4:03 PM

@redflipflap
Omg I literally made a creature whose egg is a gumball a few days ago, just not posted yet. :,) (@/okami and @/matcha can vouch for me lol) You and I are on the same wavelength, with my conversation heart egg, and then your conversation heart egg. Though my creature is not an ant so there's that (spoiler alert, it's a snail). But now I will be changing my egg lol, I snooze, I lose, I need this sugar cuz I am bitter.

That said. THIS IS SO CUTE. I love it!! I love the bright colors and color choices! ❤️ I love bugs as you know, so I definitely welcome the Sucrant. 😊 The description is precious, the bit about the sugar crystals on their legs especially. For the egg for mine, I have the description focusing on how the eggs look like gumballs and young Arkians would often eat them, but they are poisonous, and so they'd have to be rushed to the Ark hospital lmaoooooo.

Edit: Here is a sneak peek of my rough sketches if anyone is interested in a sweet partner for the Sucrant! They aren't necessarily exact stages, just some mock-ups (another edit: another egg design will be the top portion of a gumball machine, or, a standard egg shape that resembles a gumball machine).
https://ibb.co/Jp2kNF9

1,134 posts

hikanu • 22 January 2024 at 4:07 PM

Reminds me of that summer day we left a layered cake in the entrance hall - because it's cooler than anywhere else in the house.

Let's just say. Ants were involved. A lot of ants. XD

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 22 January 2024 at 4:10 PM

@matcha
A buddy for the Snubble. c:

Female
1,732 posts

lexicon • 22 January 2024 at 4:14 PM

@redflipflap its ANT

i love him, he is great. the colors (and the legs!) make me think of ice pops loll so def channeling that summer energy❤️

@nut
@dormammu
@sinthr

Deleted • 22 January 2024 at 4:17 PM

...WHY do you keep creating things I wanna eat?? 😭💔

It looks super colorful and delicious, I think it would be amazing for a sweet theme / colorful theme, and also for a bug theme (since we don't have sadly ants creatures). I can imagine Ulerts feasting all over these guys little colonies tho... gotta eat protect them...! 😣

Female
1,572 posts

isis • 22 January 2024 at 4:32 PM

I love how colorful this is, I feel like it'd be besties with candits ❤️ Another banger!

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 22 January 2024 at 4:46 PM

@daisycat OMG STOP i was literally going to say that kids try to eat the eggs???? why do we literally share a brain???? smh we gotta start running our ideas past each other now LMAOOO /lh but thank you for your kind words ❤️

@hikanu did they have a tasty snack or WHAT ❤️

@lexicon ant ant ant ant ant ant ant ant ant ant (its somehow therapeutic to type ant over and over?)

@sinthr omg Ulerts are literally my FAVORITE creature, hence my pfp, it was my first dreamie ever!!! i might cry tears of joy, I've truly made it now

@isis thank you!!! ❤️ yesssss candy bugs forever (how do we not have a gummy worm yet? hint hint wink nudge)

Pings:

@poe
@cho
@luv
@netherling

1,134 posts

hikanu • 22 January 2024 at 4:50 PM

@redflipflap That they did. That they did. Unfortunately we did not. XD

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 22 January 2024 at 4:50 PM

@hikanu sharing is caring, bestie /lh

1,134 posts

hikanu • 22 January 2024 at 4:54 PM

@redflipflap True, but mom didn't want to share with the ants. 😋
Not to mention the cake was almost alive with the entire colonny of ants just munching away at it and carying it home. They had a party, that's for sure.

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 22 January 2024 at 5:39 PM

Easter, is that you?! The colors are so good!! He looks like a little gummy, please ;-; I'll take 20, tysm xD

@lexicon Thanks for the tag 😊💜

Non-binary
1,416 posts

provo7demons • 22 January 2024 at 8:01 PM

@redflipflap ANT FRIEND!!!! I love the colors so much! Ants irl do make me nervous but I would let these little guys into my house any day

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 22 January 2024 at 8:31 PM

@redflipflap uhm. listen here. IMMA NEED THIS ANT IMMEDIATELY !!! NEEOWWW ❤️ ❤️

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 22 January 2024 at 10:06 PM

@redflipflap

I love how colorful it is! like a rainbow gummy 😋

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 22 January 2024 at 10:21 PM

@dormammu aaaaaa thank you!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

@provo7demons ant friend!!! ant friend!!! ant friend!!

@dragrawr AAAAAAAAAA MORE BUGS MORE BUGS

@icecloud101 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

More pings? Great idea.
@kataclysm
@wonder404exe
@shirothekittehlover
@boba

Female
2,221 posts

ashlinnhi • 24 January 2024 at 5:39 AM

thanks for the ping @redflipflap !!! love this sugar ant, i want to eat him... anyway, that detail about sugar crystals on their legs is so neat! ❤️

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 24 January 2024 at 8:50 AM

It's cute, along with the hermicone there are a few sweet treat arthropods.

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 24 January 2024 at 9:11 PM

@chihiro_sang we need more little creeeeechures

Female
1,146 posts

valorieviolet • 25 January 2024 at 6:47 PM

@redflipflap

Aww, this is such a cute little ant! I'm not normally a fan of ants (they somehow invade our kitchen counter every summer), but this is one that I would gladly welcome into my home cx I love the color combination, it's giving Easter vibes for sure!