[DINO CREATURE SUGGESTION] Parabeat 🎵💃

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

1,959 posts

opalquinze • 17 February 2024 at 8:05 AM

had this one on the backburner for nearly a year, so i haven’t been working on it much (since it originally was sketched up around the time i did the Gachamori), but i think i managed to get the design of it down! naming this one the Parabeat (pah-rah-beet, par-uh-beet), based on the Parasaurolophus, Para Para (a type of synchronized dance from Japan), and Eurobeat (or just “beat” (like the “beat” to the music) since said genre is heavily associated with the dance)!

Art (with alt. colors and add. references): https://ibb.co/xgg4Fhw

♩~*♫ General Info ♬*~ ♪

Weight:
2630.8 kg

Length:
7.5 m

Obtained From:
Cave
Cash Shop Park

Gender Profile:
Feminine

Habitat:
Ark City

♩~*♫ ~*~ ♬*~ ♪

About Parabeat Eggs:

Seems like this egg’s already making music before hatching! The bands on it are flashing along to a song that you’ve heard before…

♩~*♫ ~*~ ♬*~ ♪

About the Parabeat Creature:

Parabeats resemble their ancient relatives that once walked on Ark, though it looks like LEDs were added to its crest, bands, and back spine during reconstruction at the SARC. Studies show that these additions have the creature change color according to how it answers:
- pink - yes
- blue - no
- white - at attention (either directed towards itself/others)
- gray (default/not glowing) - minding its own business/has nothing to say
As to how they developed their dance routine and music, word has it that human influence in downtown Ark City is behind this behavior.

Despite their large size, they’re surprisingly flexible when they perform as one in their shows. Seeing one stepping on the beat left and right while moving their front legs imitating hand motions is an odd sight to behold. What a strange dance to work with, as many citizens gathered around them! Those that were there have said they’ve never seen anything like this! Even the music the Parabeats created out of their crests have “a familiar tune with an upbeat twist” as described by those tired of modern hits!

They haven’t been seen in Ark City in quite some time, as their songs can’t compete with music made by others hitting the charts. This doesn’t mean they’re completely gone! Few have been spotted around Arkian arcades, listening to the sounds of players performing on rhythm machines that are still the rage these days! Hearing some of their songs being chosen by anyone to dance on those weird blocky things makes them believe that hopefully they’ll make a comeback in the future.

♩~*♫ Notes + Pings ♬*~ ♪

(putting these notes down here for staff to know if they wish to make this a real thing!)

- general info can be tweaked to suit it better!
- name can be changed if my explanation of “Parabeat” is confusing
- view count is based on Eurobeat/Para Para facts!
250 - referring to Super Eurobeat Vol. 250
980 - supposedly around the 1980s, Para Para became a thing
2010 - the glacial period of Para Para as it’s not as popular from before
- poses can be changed to make it more like it’s dancing (if possible)
➜ (i highly recommend looking up “parapara dance” to get a better grasp at it (as this is what it’s based on))
- crest is short on purpose! it’s based on a female Parasaurolophus (which had a shorter crest compared to the male), but i’m ok if the crest is elongated 👍
- please keep the crest, bands, and back spine glowing!

Pings:
@dragrawr
@wonder404exe
@daisycat

and last, but not least: @ian

ty to those who checked this out! i’ll admit, i’ve never drawn up dinos before, so sorry if my hadrosaur anatomy is really off. this was, at one point, high priority, but it kept getting pushed aside for others i wanted to come up with (which some are still in the sketch stage cuz of my motivation). did i post this cuz of “Mesozoic May”? maybe, but mainly cuz i want a dancing dino to exist at some point lol

(check out my previous suggestions, the Heavini and Crumbjaw if you haven’t done so yet!)

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 17 February 2024 at 5:15 PM

@opalquinze man I’m in love 😭😭 both colors are so good, but honestly I like the first one !! It’s not your usual bright color style but you ATE THAT!! It’s so good I love paras 😭😭💕

1,959 posts

opalquinze • 17 February 2024 at 5:37 PM

@dragrawr
omg ty! yeah, first color palette’s supposed to be a homage to an actual rhythm cabinet that has these colors (second’s the same as well, tho i’ve gotten more interaction with the former back then), so it was pretty hard for me to figure out!

Non-binary
1,403 posts

provo7demons • 17 February 2024 at 7:21 PM

@opalquinze Oh my gosh, I love the colors on the first version so much, but the second is amazing too! The lore behind it is so cool ❤️

1,036 posts

anarchy • 17 February 2024 at 9:18 PM

@opalquinze absolutely love the 80s neon influences in this, it reminds me a bit of the retrowave/synthwave aesthetic :'] i don't know much about the specific dance it's based on but would definitely still love to have one of these dancing dinos in my cove! and i'll echo what others have said about preferring the colors on the first version but both are great ❤️

181 posts

noman15 • 17 February 2024 at 11:23 PM

A neon dancer style Parasaurolophus is a very cute idea.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 18 February 2024 at 2:08 AM

@opalquinze
both colors look very good. But personally i love the first one more

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 18 February 2024 at 9:25 AM

@opalquinze this concept is super cool! the color combination really pops and i love the neon-dance vibes

320 posts

chihiro_sang • 20 February 2024 at 12:02 AM

I love the neon colors, it's a very cute dinosaur design.

1,959 posts

opalquinze • 5 April 2024 at 4:28 PM

felt like bumping this one cuz May’s pretty much coming up! even though i did post this a little late to the “Mesozoic May” party at the time, it would be nice to see some other suggestions get approved this month (if possible)!

(also i see a couple of you prefer the first version (ngl, it’s my fav too))

pinging some users here (sorry if you didn’t wanna be pinged)!
@ashlinnhi
@shrimp
@lexicon

Female
2,402 posts

ida92 • 6 April 2024 at 2:37 AM

@opalquinze A really cool idea! I like the alternative colour palette more, but they're both very pratty. 😊 I love the final stage. ❤️

Agender
95 posts

silvia • 6 April 2024 at 3:32 AM

@/opalquinze

Omg, this is brilliant, and so, so well done it could be an EC creature all alone and without the need for changing anything at all! 💖 I like first variant more, I think it would fir a synth / retro wave / music themed month SO much, you know? >/////<