in Chit-Chat

1,764 posts

james-bond • 16 April 2020 at 8:18 AM

Are any of my creatures valuable at all? :0

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 16 April 2020 at 10:28 PM

@zantago
I think I've seen three but two of them only joined for like a day and then were never seen again ☹️
I'm already freaking out about my internals, don't make me think about my externals T^T In particular I'm worried about English lol, we got extra time for the current assignment bc the holidays were pushed forward but I still haven't finished even though I worked through the holidays which doesn't bode well for the rest of the year :/

Female
175 posts

zantago • 16 April 2020 at 11:07 PM

@chaotictreat

Ahh yikes D: Whats your eng internal about? If you need help feel free to shoot me a PM anytime and I can try give you some pointers or smth? bc literacy is probably one of my strongest subjects aha :"D

You'll probably come to like internals though pftaha they're usually a walk in the park compared to the stress you get from externals bc of the time constraints :">>

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 16 April 2020 at 11:27 PM

@zantago
Thanks 😊
Yay, now I'm really looking forward to externals...
Also I love how everyone's talking about random stuff on here and then we just come along and start a big conversation about exams XD

Female
175 posts

zantago • 16 April 2020 at 11:34 PM

@chaotictreat

Pftt aw didn't mean to scare you :"> exams aren't too bad ;; as long as you understand the topic you're set to go, it's just annoying revising/relearning stuff you learned in term 1/2 and stressful bc of the limited time :"D but you get used to it~ no worries pftaha

and yeee pftaha love that for us :"DD

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 16 April 2020 at 11:41 PM

@zantago
I might not even have to worry about externals this year anyway, like honestly who knows what's happening at this point :/
Also how come this topic has so many pages, on another topic we're trying to count to one million and uhh I think it has about the same amount of pages as this... which is to say not enough but like you get my point. I think.

Female
175 posts

zantago • 17 April 2020 at 12:13 AM

@chaotictreat

pfttt yeah fair point :"D no exams would be a dream come true though lmao less pressure off my back pftaha

and idk :00 It's a really open topic where you can talk about whatever whenever so that's probably why it's so used 😱 I was curious as to why its highlighted and has a star next to it aswell?? maybe one day we'll know :">

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 17 April 2020 at 2:22 AM

I need 2 more eggs for this Easter event XD haha slowly but surely I will finish

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 17 April 2020 at 7:30 PM

@zantago Maybe it has a star because it's really popular? Idk

I need 16 more eggs ☹️
Will I ever finishhhh ._.

Female
3,796 posts

sparklefox • 17 April 2020 at 7:54 PM

@zantago @chaotictreat - I'm pretty sure the highlight and star next to the title means that it's pinned to the top of the forum.

Hopefully you find the remaining 16 eggs before the end of the event. Good luck! I've always found that waiting about 10-15 minutes after finding an egg gives you a high chance of finding another on the next page you visit.

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 17 April 2020 at 7:56 PM

@sparklefox Ohh that makes sense. Thank you! I'm not sure when it ends so I'm trying to look often, but my parents are getting annoyed at me being on the computer all the time XD

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 17 April 2020 at 8:20 PM

i dunno about you all but my time finding easter eggs actually got easier over time. i found 2 the first day, 9 the second, and 19 the third day, thus finishing in 3 days. if any of you need advice, id suggest checking out the notifications page a lot as i found more than half of mine there : )

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 17 April 2020 at 9:23 PM

@fanficmelon Same, I've found 17 now and only 4 of them were in places other than the notifications page

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 18 April 2020 at 4:17 AM

I’ve been looking for my last Easter egg for over a day LOL it will happen eventually

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 19 April 2020 at 1:05 AM

I've still only got 18 ☹️

Edit:
I did it!! I found them all!!
I found more eggs in two hours than I did in three days lol

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 29 April 2020 at 6:19 AM

@zantago @chaotictreat @sparklefox

Sparklefox is right, stars = pinged to the top of the forum that it is in.

Stars are applied to topics which are important to Egg Cave at a period of time. Topics for events will get a star for the event duration, the creature rerelease discussion had a star as it was important and this has a star as it is reflective of Egg Cave before the forums were a thing where there was only the blog. Thank god that changed, I love the forums!

My friends and I have been playing Magic online and that has been fun but they always want to start playing at 1am as they stupidly have ruined their sleep cycle and stay up all night. It's annoying as now I don't often talk to them but they don't make an attempt to start playing earlier despite being awake from 8 pm. I do my best to stay up until 3am but it destroys me for the next few days. The things we do for love

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 29 April 2020 at 6:33 AM

@mastergemma Oh, that makes sense. My brother used to play heaps of magic! He doesn't much anymore though. Oofles did you tell them that you can't stay up that late?

I just found out that one of my best friends (who is like my lifeline and one of the few people I can count on) blocked me on hangouts and he doesn't check his Instagram anymore and I don't have his number or know anyone who does so I have no way to contact him and I don't know why he blocked me?!! T^T

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 29 April 2020 at 12:53 PM

@chaotictreat
Hangouts? That is really crappy of your friend to do that. I wonder if he got an over jealous partner recently... I do hope your mate contacts you to at least tell you why.

My mates are aware of my bedtime (and my BF’s as they are originally his friends) but still seem to daft to connect the dots. I’ll have to spell it out again to them haha. But most of the time now I’m still awake until 3-4am due to being unwell (stomach issues, not virus issues). I hate being up so late (currently ~2.40am).

Magic is really fun. A new set was released and everyone is thinking that the cards in this set are going to be worth a lot on the second hand market. It’s going to be a great first week to sell cards but it’ll also be difficult without being able to go to the actual stores to trade/sell cards to people.

Stage 3 restrictions are starting to grate on me. I really just want to go back to normal life, have a normal University semester and see people other than mine and my bf’s family. But it’s for the protection of the people and I completely understand why it can’t be though. Hopefully things improve sooner than later though.

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 29 April 2020 at 5:56 PM

@mastergemma He's single so idk about that, the only thing I can possibly think of is that he's annoyed at me for talking to my ex again but that doesn't seem very likely either.
Oh dang, hope you feel better soon! I don't know much about magic bc that was always my brother's thing and I was never really interested in it, but that sucks that you can't go and trade cards and stuff :/

Deleted • 5 May 2020 at 4:57 PM

Hi, hi. Quarantine sucks. I'm really bored and I don't know what to do with my life now. I'm mainly just drawing and whatever else.

Female
116 posts

nap • 5 May 2020 at 7:39 PM

@sleepypup
Same, I especially hate online college... I'm pretty low on motivation and everything is very poorly organized. I feel like I can't have any profit from this way of education. Also, we have a lot practices which are impossible to do from home. ☹️

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 6 May 2020 at 1:52 PM

Online school is kinda boring for me. It's mostly reading articles and answering questions about them, not including the horror of trying to figure out math concepts by myself because the recommended help things never really make sense for me. But really, do the rest of you copy off of or give other people answers? I feel like all my friends keep peer pressuring me to giving them homework answers and I don't know what to do, cause I mean, they're my friends and it could just be me being paranoid.

1,478 posts

arcana • 6 May 2020 at 6:40 PM

@fanficmelon
Math can really be awful, can't it? I had a bit of a math-related breakdown yesterday, which might mean that quarantine is really getting to me. I find that my brain is adequately suited to learning this way, but I recommend asking your friends/parents/an actual human being that knows what they are talking about to explain it to you. If you want help from me, I can also try to explain things to you, depending on where you are in math.

As for the copying stuff, if you wouldn't do it normally, there's no reason to start now. It is so much easier to ignore people now because you choose if you want to see them, hear them, or acknowledge them. Tell your friends to do it themselves, or if they're really persistent, tell them to Google it. Or, you can just ignore them, and justify it with the fact that they are asking you to commit a small crime of sorts. I guarantee that they can find their answer in a few minutes and you can keep your hands(and possibly academic record) clean. I don't do it, but that's mainly because I have no friends(in the same classes as me/that would ever need my help/at all, and that's only half a joke).

Side note: I don't know your situation. I don't know the specifics. All I know is this snippet that you've told me. But maybe, just maybe, it would be good to reflect on your friends and see if you truly are friends. Friends aren't usually people that make you regularly feel bad.

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 6 May 2020 at 7:04 PM

@fanficmelon I might be able to help with maths as well, depending on what you're learning 😊

Female
175 posts

zantago • 6 May 2020 at 9:28 PM

@fanficmelon
Kind of just parroting what @/arcana said, but if you don't feel comfortable sharing work you've spent time to do to people who can't be bothered putting in the same effort to do it themselves, just don't do it.

You might feel bad shutting down your friends, but if you give into the peer pressure now they'll just keep coming back to you and that'll just harm both parties out in the end since you get stressed from extra work/feeling like you're being taken advantage of, and your friends don't actually learn the material and will struggle going forwards in tests and exams.

Of course, if they're just asking for help explaining a concept or something, I don't see a reason not to help since some people struggle with certain subjects and need the extra help to learn, but if they're literally just asking you for the answers and nothing else, I personally would say no/answer one or two questions and explain your process and tell them to work the rest out themselves. Unless they usually do the work themselves and asking you is a one time thing because a legitimate reason caused them to be unable to do the work, I wouldn't give them your answers. If they still insist, rather than ignoring them since that might make you feel uncomfortable and create tension, just explain that you could give them the answers for the homework but then when it really matters like for tests and end of year exams n whatnot they'll just fail. If they're truly your friends they'll understand and either back off or be willing to compromise, but if you not letting them cheat off you is a 'reason' for them to get mad at you, then they aren't your friends and only wanted to take advantage of you. (Sorry if that comes off as harsh)

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 6 May 2020 at 10:09 PM

@arcana @zantago
thank you very much for the advice. I really needed to hear that. TBH, I actually think they are trying to just get answers off of me, as they literally describe me as "the smart one" and have asking me for "favors" because I "owe" them. Because, I don't believe counting a couple numbers is equal to "show me the answers for the social studies test". I'm probably just going to block them if they get pushy with it ^^'
The good part of this is, I'm probably going to stay in different classes than most of them so I probably won't be seeing them IRL for a while. I'd be way too timid to actually tell them to stop, so I'll be evasive for now. They honestly believe that I'm dense and that I believe them that "they just need to know what the material is like" by seeing the test answers.
I feel like this somehow came from the fact that I come off as socially clueless to most people at my school and I have helped people with their work- but it never was just a "giving answers" thing until the district decided that "work is all just extra credit" so apparently "cheating doesn't matter anymore." I hope I'm not rambling, I just really needed to express this for a while and there's never been a good time for it.

Female
175 posts

zantago • 6 May 2020 at 10:44 PM

@fanficmelon
I'm also pretty non-confrontational myself so it might be hypocritical of me to say but if you can muster up the courage I'd definitely recommend sending a text and being upfront with them, or at least warn them that if they ask again they'd be blocked so they know :"D If you've never voiced your discomfort with giving answers there's always a chance that your friends just got used to getting help and don't realise that you feel like you're being taken advantage of. But if you have and they've ignored your complaints then thats a totally different story of course. No pressure though, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to 😊

It's a good thing you're putting your foot down on this though, things like 'doing favours' because you 'owe' someone can become really manipulative and guilt-trippy, especially when its not just a "I bought you a bag of chips last week so can you shout me this drink" type situation. I don't know you or your friends so I can't really say much, hence why communicating properly with them is important. It's good to give the benefit of the doubt since sometimes it's just an innocent oversight or mistake but at the end of the day if it's clear to you that they're just looking to take advantage of you as the 'smart one' then yeah boundaries need to be set or ties need to be cut :'>

And no worries! That's what this topic is made for pftaha, and it's always good to get things off your chest x) here you can even get advice from strangers on the internet for it lmao

1 post

epicpreson • 8 May 2020 at 4:55 PM

@sleepypup Yes quarantine sucks

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 9 May 2020 at 4:36 AM

I've missed essentially all of my classes as they start at 10am and I haven't been awake that early for months. Even when I go to bed at 12am I still wake up at 12pm. It's not good and I'm trying to get out of it but it's just difficult as I'm way more productive at night than during the day.

My assignment went very well despite staying up until 4am to finish it *last hour was waiting for the video to be uploaded to the cloud so the lecturers can access it. It was great fun surprisingly, I enjoy making videos and I wish to make more considering I bought a program haha.

My twin told me that I don't have to put up with my boyfriend's friends that I do not like, that he should not enable situations in which I am uncomfortable. Having someone say that to me was fairly powerful as it reinforced that I was uncomfortable with my absolute hatred of being with that dolt. Now I need to talk to my bf about excluding the dolt from future DnD sessions.

I discovered that CeVIO isn't a vocal program but a company and the vocal I thought was CeVIO is now an Alter/Ego. With my friend interested in music and me somewhat interested in making music it would be a good match and I adore the vocal of ALYS. But I should start with UTAU as that is a free program. Eventually I would like to own VFlower and Avanna, two Vocaloids but that would be more for a collector's piece than for practical use.

The quarantine has been odd. Things feel oddly the same apart from being unable to see my Pokemon Go friends and other friends. Mainly the PoGo friends though as I used to see them almost daily. But we are all still taunting each other online in our group chat so that has been good. I do need to organise an event for the club though since I said I would but.... cannot be bothered.

I forgot a song for a few years, a song that no matter what sort of mood I'm in, it always makes me happy. It's just such a pretty song and I love the vocals used in the song. Such a good use of Vocaloids and at pitches that suit the voices, not something you see very often haha, especially with Vocaloids that aren't popular. BeCAUsE VocALOids NeeD To BE HiGH PITchED LIKe MikU. Stupid Crypton Vocaloids ruining Vocaloids.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 11 May 2020 at 6:44 PM

HEEEEEEEE

Oh lord, I haven't been on Eggcave in a long time. Anyways, quarantine sucks like always but has left me with a lot of free time. I recently got Pokemon Sword about three days ago and finished it yesterday. Finished Yellowfang's Secret; I wonder if Warriors is still a thing... Quarantine also gave much free time to roleplay on Discord and talk to my friends. I recently got back into Pokémon because of Sw/Sh and stuff. I killed my time by watching youtube and watching Netflix and got into The Flash as well. We now have online classes and speeches are currently ongoing. Our online school format is incredibly confusing and very odd. Our french teacher expects to do our work twice because the paper had mistakes but at least it doesn't bother me or some of my friends that much.