Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Female
7 posts

tempy • 17 May 2020 at 7:15 PM

Heyyyo

Quarantine has really sucked lately. I have no one to talk to and I am just feeling really down. Online math is killing me and I have no motivation to do it lol. I hope everyone is doing well though.

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 31 May 2020 at 2:10 PM

Black lives matter.

that is all

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 2 June 2020 at 7:21 AM

Nearly finished this semester of university which has been great but I do hope there can be a few face to face classes eventually, it's really affecting my study as I usually don't study at home. I'm diving pretty heavy into Magic the Gathering which has been very fun but also quite expensive.

Next semester will be very challenging though with four full on classes online which I don't know how it'll work as they were fairly difficult classes needing to do pracs.

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 2 June 2020 at 2:26 PM

@mastergemma I feel you!! so glad I am done. some people on a different system than mine are trying to petition for no finals. which is understandable given the crazy recent events. there’s just no motivation to keep up with lectures or readings and the home envornment is so distracting. ☹️ Hoping things improve soon.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 9 June 2020 at 4:03 PM

It's so miserably hot here. I can't wait until fall.

I also went through a crazy stint of scouring the trades for creatures to buy. I ran through so much EC, it's embarrassing, but maybe I'm not alone in this boat. Quite a few others seem to be asking for EC just like I am, lol. I do spend a lot of time clicking through creatures every day, but I feel like I'm getting nowhere, and my mouse arm is feeling the strain D: I should just be more judicious until I've built up a kitty of disposable funds again.

On the upside, I might purchase my first pizza in nearly 4 months for dinner. Treat yo self.

EDIT: nvm, no pizza :c

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 17 June 2020 at 8:09 AM

@lokisonoflaufey

I feel you, I have so little EC that I need a few days of just full feeding. The Double EC day helped a lot but I wasn't able to feed as much as I hoped.

You can take my slices of pizza whenever I have to eat it for dinner, I hate pizza!

Ahh just three more days until my exam is over and I can be freeee. I have three seperate friend groups wanting to go camping on the same weekend. To be fair with the terrible fires and then covid I'm not surprised but gosh why the same weekend? I may choose the friend group that wants to go gold digging, it'll be more fun than drinking but then the friend group that I like the most needs my BF and me to be a buffer as their last holiday together had a few problems that wouldn't have been a problem if we were there so tensions may still be high and the last friend group contains a person I despise so yeah, nah but then I do want to go see the Murray River again. But I think I would rather a camping site with a dunny instead of a hole in the ground...

Ahhh, do I want to go to the beach, forest or river?

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 17 June 2020 at 8:49 PM

@mastergemma

You hate pizza? That breaks my heart, lmao! I don't like tomato sauce, so all my pizzas are altered and tasty.

I potentially spent the majority of my savings on here. I'm going to be struggling until the next double-feed day. I'm not even a competitive completionist, but I have a desire to collect things. As evidenced in my real life shameful spending habits XD

I need to set aside some CC so I can purchase two deer babies on my birthday. Then I'll return to my hermit cave and click, click, click until I have a small pile of EC again.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 26 June 2020 at 3:15 PM

I've come back from my scattered hiatus-ish, it still might go on as i am working on getting 3 stars in acnh, watching anime and working on cs! also my birthday is soon lol

Anime!
I don't consider myself a weeb or otaku yet, but I am very much working on it! My birthday is tomorrow, and yet my sweater is coming in August. I pretty much decided on my gift so it really isn't a surprise. Getting a haikyuu one lmao. I recently got into haikyuu bc of my friends. Actually, im the last one to start the anime, but i'm the first one to finish it. cOMMITMENT- I finished it in 5 days, and im probably gonna rewatch it for the 13th time. if yall got a haikyuu club ping meee!! Idk how you can actually hate any of the characters! except Yamaguchi's bullies how could they- Season 2 is best btw- Haha if you wanna talk about haikyuu or naruto, feel free to pm me!

Tsukki is best :<

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!
I started on May 14th, and my island hasn't gotten far. sigh. My villagers are Genji, Audie, Bubbles, Canberra, Mitzi, Beau, Lopez, Erik and Zucker! I absolutely love my lineup, although I'm working on kicking Bubbles out. She isn't bad, but I feel like my island can have better villagers. I might kick Canberra and/or Mitzi, although kicking Bubbles is my main priority. If you play ACNH, you should try out Nookazon! (not a paid ad I promise lol) Tbh I'm pretty thankful for joining it. Sure there's a lot of Raymond scammers, but I did get Zucker and Erik for free there! I also did miss out on free Raymond and Marshal, but that doesn't matter, I didn't have an open plot anyways- I also keep giving Genji the wrong thing, so now he's wearing layered tanks and crop-tops. Still love him so much tho!! He's my first villager, and apparently he's pretty sought after. I love my villagers so much!!

Also tw for acnh players ahead:
It's a sea bass! It's at least a C+!

Chicken Smoothie!
I would do some rebranding here, but I don't have the CC and we can't use pfps. If you wanna find me on CS, my username is Tsukki Fries, or you can catch me on the forum games. Don't mind my profile,, it's all haikyuu related lol

I just realized I don't have anything to talk abt on the topic of cs, but whatever

Birthdayy!
My birthday is on June 27, so by the time of posting this, tomorrow! My friends are coming over as we can have up to 10 people in gatherings. Tbh I think by the time my sweater is here, I might be into kuroko no basket as that's on my watch list as well, unless I have watched haikyuu 100 times- My parents wanted me to pick out some haikyuu figures, but I've mostly been focusing on notebooks and water bottles. For all the weebs still in school out there, don't hide your weebiness, show it with pride!!

Haha that's all for noww.. Updates soon? idk i'll probably forget abt this and make next update after quarantine lol

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 26 June 2020 at 7:23 PM

@wolfspike23 I love kuroro no baske!!! So good. OMG but also I’m watching haikyu right now too LOL actually just took a break from watching it to check eggcave xD

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 26 June 2020 at 7:46 PM

@wolfspike23
HAIKYUU!! I love it so so so so sO SO much, and yeah I agree, how can anyone hate any characters?? Every single one is so fleshed out and it's just perfect!! Istg I've watched Haikyuu too many times to count, and I've reread the manga double that, it's not healthy :v BUT it's allgs cause i love haikyuu 😸 Sadly, I'm the only one in my friend group to watch haikyuu, I have no one to scream about it with :')

@yogurt
I actually dropped kuroko no basket, I guess it didn't really interest me? I'm glad you're watching haikyuu though! So good!

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 26 June 2020 at 7:53 PM

@totallynotjoey I love most sport animes. have you watched prince of tennis? It’s an oldie but so good!!! My favorite sport anime 😃

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 27 June 2020 at 2:00 AM

@yogurt
Ooh me too! Sport animes are for sure my favourite genre. I wouldn't say I've watched a lot but of the ones I have watched, not many can hold a candle to haikyuu haha. And no I actually haven't, but I'll definitely put it on my watch list! Have you watched Ace of Diamonds?

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 27 June 2020 at 2:54 AM

@totallynotjoey The baseball one? I was watching it for a bit but didnt like it as much hahah Base ball has never been my type of sport xD it’s less contact and kinda just more of a boring sport in my opinion lol

I think the think about sport animes is the idea of someone trying to be better at something. And how they over come things haha and the occasional really cool characters who are just monsters LOL they’re so cool

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 27 June 2020 at 5:50 PM

Ahaha my friends are over rn, getting the last person in the friend group into Haikyuu. Also, Suga's face is epic lol

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 27 June 2020 at 10:31 PM

@yogurt Honestly same, I almost didn't watch it for that reason, and the fact that it was 75 eps long lol. And I liked Ace of Diamonds because it had a kind of slightly similarish MC to haikyuu, not extremely the same but they're both positive, passionate, dorks, and get angry at their own shortcomings a lot, but bounce back better than ever 😃 I love those kinds of characters haha! Those monster characters definitely give you that anticipation you want in matches as you don't know who's actually going to win- I love it

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 11 July 2020 at 1:50 AM

I need more anime reccomendations, i literally started and finished given today.. Im gonna wake up at 6am to watch more short animes. I've been told to watch BSD or TBHK, i also might watch Bloom into you lol

I also need to finish Fairy Tail and Assassination Classroom. Also, i've dropped knb

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 11 July 2020 at 2:20 AM

@wolfspike23 @yogurt @totallynotjoey

I enjoy how Eggcave went from a few anime fans scattered around to OMG HAIKYUU within the last few months.
I love it

Season 3 is my favourite though and I'm up to date on the anime. If anyone wants any anime recommendations I'm happy to say some but give me a heads up to what sort of anime you watch and a few that you've seen so I can get an idea of what sort of watcher you are.

I've watched some Fairy Tail and I enjoyed it, I didn't get too far in though but I do want to finish it. I keep forgetting to watch Assassination classroom as well RIP.

If you're into slice of life with a litte action, Vioet Evergarden is amazing. Pretty much everyone stopped watching it after a few episodes but the last few episodes are amazing. I also love all of the movies that have been made. It's definitely not an anime for everyone though so don't feel discouraged. But if you like Violet Evergarden, Kino no Tabi the animation is along the same sort of show. It's not well known at all in the west but it's popular in Japan and I LOVE it.

Female
1,891 posts

chaotictreat • 11 July 2020 at 8:39 AM

I'm a very picky anime watcher and I often take ages in between episodes bc I never get time to watch them ahaha. I really liked "A Good Librarian is a Good Shepherd" although a little confusing. Also - YLIA!!! (Your Lie In April ^^) It's sooo good and sooo sad but in a good way which is rare for me bc normally I hate sad things no matter what lmao

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 11 July 2020 at 12:09 PM

@mastergemma Me too! I'm literally living for this Haikyuu craze. I was actually watching s2 again today! I love love the johzenji match, and ngl terushima is one of my all time favourite characters haha. I would say my favourite season is the second one, I loved all the teams the matched up with and the interactions and everything- aah it's bliss. That's not to say that the rest of the series is worse, not at all! Just something about s2 got me in the heart haha!

I started watching fairytail and it was enjoyable, but I think the length of it put me off a bit and I just never got to finishing it. Assassination classroom is on my to watch list, but it's not a priority. For some reason I've been drawn to Naruto. It's long though and I hadn't touched anime when it was like the best most popular one.

Violet Evergarden is [/i]gorgeous[/i]. She's got to be the prettiest character I've come across and the story is just beautiful. I don't really remember but I'm pretty sure I cried my heart out to that one. And ohmygosh Kino no tabi! That one caught my eye when I first properly got into anime. I never really wrote it down anywhere so I totally forgot about it. I definitely have to watch it soon.

@chaotictreat Haha watch at your own pace 😊 I don't think I've heard of that first anime, sounds interesting though- I'll definitely check it out. And yes! Your lie in april was amazing! Such a beautiful anime gosh. I'm a huge crybaby for anything that's like, not real. Sounds funny but I don't really cry for real world stuff. Give me a sad book, anime, manga, comic, movie, whatever- and I'll definitely cry haha! I don't really know what's up with that but I don't really mind lol. Having a good cry over stuff like that ain't bad lmao

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 13 July 2020 at 6:19 PM

Season 2 of Haikyuu was the best in my opinion! I was ranking them earlier today and imo its Season 2, Season 1 tied with Season 3 and Season 4. The most recent season isn't bad at all, but it isn't finished yet so I cant say much. I'm excited for part 2 of season 4! When my friends were at my place, we watched a little bit of Season 2, and i almost cried,, especially at the part when Tsukki's backstory was revealed. I'm biased, but that was the best part in my opinion. Season 3 was pretty good, only because Tsukki's development got even better. The last episode of season 3 was one of my favourite episodes. Season 2 also got me in the heart lol

Turns out my sweater is coming in September/October. yay

My friend watches Violet Evergarden, and she says it's a very pretty anime. It's on my watchlist! My priority right now is Bloom Into You (Yagate Kimi ni Naru). I feel like rewatching Given, but instead i've just been listening to Fuyunohanashi on loop. I definitely cried a few times.. I personally cant cry the first time I watch it, always the second or third time. I also might watch Your Lie in April this week.

Fairy Tail is interesting. It's on hold for me, and it's pretty good. It's pretty long, so i wont watch it right now. Naruto is long, and pretty good. I do admit it is overhyped. I haven't finished Shippuden yet, so I'm probably missing out. But what i've seen it is pretty overhyped. I prefer the original Naruto over Shippuden. Iruka-Sensei needs more screentime :<

My attention span is quite short, about the time of ~13 episodes. Unless it's a really good anime like Haikyuu, I'll definitely stick around. I'm quite sad that Anime North got cancelled this year. Hope to go next year tho!

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 17 July 2020 at 5:49 PM

The entire internet just exploded while I was watching a stream because Cloudflare decided that it wanted to die for some reason. It was fun confusedly watching the chat collectively freak out because I had no idea what they were talking about until I decided to refresh some of my other open tabs to check.

So, how are all of you tonight?

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 17 July 2020 at 8:37 PM

Woah, I remember this place.

@sparklefox I just finished watching this anime today! It's called BNA (Brand New Animal) and it's super cute! The ending was also super nice 😊 I can't wait for future developments. Also, my shoulder and back are super sore because I was drawing in a super weird position. Gah, if only I had a massage chair or something.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 22 July 2020 at 4:33 PM

I keep going on unexpected hiatuses,, oof

I've been holding off too many animes on my watch list,, so at this point im just gonna go on with it and watch something. My focus has mostly been on Avatar: The Last Airbender, as I started 4 days ago. I'm currently halfway through Book 2: Earth and Zuko is officially my favourite character, idk why lol

Spoilers, except I legitimately don't know why you would want to watch this horrid movie

I've watched the Last Airbender Movie 3 times total. Once before watching the series, and Twice after watching Book One: Water. I can now see why so many fans dislike the movie, as before I couldn't see why so many people hated it. I quickly went to watch the Last Airbender right after I finished Book One, and it really bothered me. The mispronunciations, missing character traits, missing important parts of the series, and even universe changes. I have seen videos about the movie, so I may be kind of biased. It was incredibly hard to watch it, because right off the bat there were mispronounced names and missing character traits. Zuko has lost his passion to look for the Avatar, even if his boat hasn't crashed into the ice. Sokka and Aang has lost their sense of humour, fun and bravery. Sokka has definitely lost most of his sarcasm and Aang keeps being bossed around. Aang is now pronounced "Ong" and Sokka is now "Soak-a." Bothered me a lot. Fast forward to some more mispronunciations, the Agni Kai trial is now the Agni 'kee' trial. The three get to Kyoshi island and the Earthbenders are trapped in a cage filled with earth and rocks with three fire pits. If we follow the movie's logic, the hundreds of Earthbenders could have escaped long ago, as Firebenders are only able to control existing fires- they cannot create fire. Also, PEBBLE DANCE! Now, halfway through the movie, they get to the North Pole. This part wasn't bad, so I won't complain too much.

End of spoilers!

I really should finish Naruto, Fairy Tail, Assassination Classroom, and some others lol

UPDATE EDIT, 07/24/2020: Finished Avatar,, time to rewatch it until Legend of Korra gets on netflix

UPDATE EDIT, 08/06/2020: Started playing volleyball and watched Demon Slayer, haha im on the 7th episode

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 12 August 2020 at 9:48 PM

Hi, I'm sorta new here... So, um, hi! How are y'all doing?

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 12 August 2020 at 9:55 PM

@nightslayer300 welcome! I'm doing okay, how about you?

I want to rant but have nothing to rant about so yeah.

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 12 August 2020 at 9:57 PM

@stevepat2002 Wellllll I'm a little bit like a ball of nerves and anxiety but I guess I'm fine! ^^

@wolfspike23
I have watched the whole series and it is wonderful! I have been in love with Zuko ever since the start.
Oh you are gonna LOVE long-haired Zuko. He looks so good!!!!!!
*fangirls over Zuko for two more hours*
I've never actually sent the movie, but I have as well watched a bunch of reviews saying it's terrible .-.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 19 August 2020 at 5:20 PM

@nightslayer300
Long-haired zuko is incredible tbh. Made the whole 2nd and 3rd season for me lol

I had something to post here, but i completely forgot lmao. I wanna take a nap but i wont. I also kinda want to rant but i have nothing to rant abt

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 24 August 2020 at 9:39 PM

@wolfspike23 I feel you

Female
99 posts

justagiannamoment • 25 August 2020 at 5:16 PM

@wolfspike23

Hi! I’ve never really posted on the forum before, but I totally want to agree with you that Haikyuu is great! If you’re ever looking for new Anime I would suggest Food Wars (1st season on Netflix and 1st/2nd/3rd on HIDIVE) it’s super funny and has a really similar vibe to Haikyuu.

I’m also rewatching Log Horizon which is a pretty great show too and totally also recommend!

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 26 August 2020 at 2:37 PM

Currently rewatching Rwby rn,, and I'm somewhat crying.. halp

I may restart that one Rwby roleplay i started like 2 years ago, should i?