676 posts

chiroptera • 4 November 2019 at 1:50 AM

@jello
aye, a like minded intelionlectual

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 12 November 2019 at 9:32 AM

I dropped my reusable Starbucks cup today and it cracked :/

I'm also struggling to wait for the newest TAZ episode. Only the first had been uploaded on Halloween, and I'm desperate to continue the story, lol!

Male
1 post

albert11u • 15 November 2019 at 7:18 AM

Just discover this forum today. 8 years too late. 😃
Hello.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 15 November 2019 at 7:42 PM

Nyeh. Fixing rooms are hard.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 21 November 2019 at 4:51 PM

I'm trying to go over my niece's grade school math homework. The problem is.... they're leaning it in different ways than when I grew up learning it. Also, the internet supports how I learned it all, rather than helping me to understand how she came to get the answer.

It's all very frustrating.

Female
1 post

mintygreenembers • 24 November 2019 at 8:47 PM

What kind of math is it? Seeing as I learned it "the new way", I can at least attempt to help if you need it. @lokisonoflaufey

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 24 November 2019 at 8:51 PM

@mintygreenembers

It's common core, or at least that's what my niece says it is. Most recently, they're solving simple fraction problems (such as 1 1/5 + 2 3/8) by showing pie charts? Like, I can't see where the charts figure in to actually solve the problem.

1,478 posts

arcana • 24 November 2019 at 11:22 PM

@lokisonoflaufey
It's probably just used as a visual to represent different fractions being together. For example, half a pie plus a fourth of a pie equals 3/4th of a pie. Not everyone would need them(Frankly, I see that as pretty stupid, since you still have to use a non visual format to figure the answer unless you're drawing it out, or at least I do), but I suppose it's a nice visual for those who do.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 25 November 2019 at 7:41 AM

@arcana

The kid couldn't explain why they learned it, or why it was important, and she kept assuring me that making them solved the problem XD She's inattentive at best, so I assumed maybe she hadn't paid close attention to what the teacher was really saying. Especially since she said she absolutely didn't do the problems the way I do.

I guess it's just another example of why I should take what she says with a grain of salt :/

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 28 November 2019 at 11:42 AM

Hello, happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans! 😊

Female
2,671 posts

jlya • 28 November 2019 at 3:38 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the U.S.A!

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 28 November 2019 at 5:20 PM

Yeah yeah, Happy Thanksgiving for those that celebrate. For everyone else, happy Thursday ~_^

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 29 November 2019 at 6:07 AM

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

I'm not, lol.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 1 December 2019 at 1:28 PM

Well, happy first of December.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 1 December 2019 at 1:29 PM

Nyah. I can't find the Omen Of The Stars in my local book stores *cri*

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 2 December 2019 at 10:23 AM

@wolfspike23 Aw man. ☹️ Can they order it in for you?

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 5 December 2019 at 6:17 PM

I had a dream last night that the creature with the name Steve died, and there was this absolutely massive uproar all over eggcave over the name Steve, and it culminated with jello giving someone 3 billion EC for the name

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 5 December 2019 at 6:23 PM

@captaincookies nah steve aint worth that much. at most 75 mil.

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 5 December 2019 at 6:27 PM

@jello

hey man, it's a dream it's not supposed to make sense lol

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 5 December 2019 at 6:55 PM

@captaincookies - Haha, I have EC-related dreams on rare occasions about finding eggs that don't even exist in either the cave or in auctions. The sad part is that I never get to find out what the actual creatures that hatch from these nonexistent eggs look like...

During one of these dreams, I remember also finding a ton of old monthlies in the cave. It was apparently an event but there was no blog post announcing it. I was the only one on the entire site who was confused about it.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 5 December 2019 at 8:24 PM

@sparklefox one time I had a dream that I won an auction for an expensive creature with less than 1% of it's EC worth. People were begging on my doorstep to trade with them. lol i woke up sad

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 6 December 2019 at 2:02 AM

I think anyone would be sad after that

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 12 December 2019 at 2:24 PM

How is everyone's December going so far? Mine's going great - I fell in a puddle yesterday and hurt my knee, and then today my cat attacked me and basically killed my hand. Wonderful times. 😋

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 12 December 2019 at 11:13 PM

I got accepted into NYU for computer science!!!!!!

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 13 December 2019 at 12:58 AM

@chiroptera

Congratulations, that's something to be super proud of! I know you'll love college, and have fantastic luck there.

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 13 December 2019 at 11:13 AM

@chiroptera Wow! Massive congratulations!

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 19 December 2019 at 11:05 PM

My grandfather died a while ago and since then I had lost motivation for a lot of things. It shook me harder than I care to admit and I even dropped out of uni for the semester.

I think I’m on the mend though but I know Christmas will be a strange day for me. Breakfast at the boyfriend’s, lunch with my mum’s side and then dinner with the bf’s family in the country. I really do hope that my mum doesn’t mention my grandfather’s death as that will most likely spark an argument between my twin and her and I will immediately leave. I feel like a defenceless child again though.

On a much brighter note, I have an internship in Myanmar so I can return to Myanmar ❤️ ❤️ Such a good holiday spot and I cannot wait. I have to work quickly to make sure everything runs smoothly though.

My kitty is such a good cat apart from ripping up the curtains while hunting down flies. I still have no idea how she got to the top of the curtains without them falling down on her though but it’s quite funny watching her. The noises she makes are beautiful though and they melt my heart. I can never stay mad at her.

The bf’s cat and dog are getting a bit better together but we still cannot leave them in the same room without the dog attacking the cat. I say attack but it isn’t malicious, the pupper just doesn’t understand that you can’t push the cat without getting a claw to the face.

I have been getting better with KeyForge, the last championships I went to I was third but it was a much smaller competition with only 11 players. But a victory is a victory!

I can’t wait until Christmas though as I’m getting some cross stitching stuff so I can continue that again. It’s so fun.

The weather is a very warm 40C (above 100 F) with a thick haze from the dreadful NSW’s bushfires and I’m really worried about my family in the country, it’s so hot and the wind is so hot too. My dad described the wind as constant heat blowing against you that never let down. It never used to be so bad...

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 25 December 2019 at 12:14 PM

Merry Christmas, EC! 😸

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 12 January 2020 at 9:27 AM

I started playing Magic the Gathering.

I have regrets as it's so expensive but it is quite enjoyable. I do miss my weekly keyforge tournaments as the community is so amazing ❤️ But the magic community that I am in is super nice and everyone is really helpful towards me. I'm also not the only girl playing the game which is awesome!! I was one of three girls that played Keyforge in my extended community, and the only one weekly. But in Magic it seems like the other girls are frequent players so it'll be great to befriend them!

So, I started playing with my four friends (J, E, A and D). J and E have played before while A and D just started as well but was able to dive straight into learning the rules and jumping into the competitive scene. Then you have me, the baby Yoda just floating around trying my best. I have no clue what half of the rules and I learnt one and i'm debating if it is actually a rule or not as that one person is the only one to have shown me the rule. I am so confused with the rules as the language of the cards are a bit different to Keyforge, Magic cards seem to be a bit loosely worded but the definitions of the rules are tightly packed so it is a b c and not a c b. If you get what I mean. Keyforge was more a b c except when a c b was acceptable, the wording had to be very specific or there were some INSANE combos. One guy in my community literally questions the rules daily and is much loved and hated in the online community. He's such a sweetheart though! ARGH let the holidays be over already so everyone can get back into Keyforge and have amazing games together again!!!!

The fire near me is finally mostly out so that's a sigh of relief, not that it was actually dangerous to me personally. It was just freaky that one would be... near me.

I'm heading to Myanmar again but this time it is for an internship. This time I also have some extra time at the end of my trip for a few days of an actual holiday but I'll be completely by myself. I'll be fine though! I'm hoping to level up to level 40 in Pokemon Go as I became level 39 in Myanmar when I went last time, it would be fitting. So if anyone plays PoGo, I'll be happy to give you my friend code!