Fifty-three

in Roleplaying

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 24 June 2011 at 12:44 PM

Edgar left the tavern with a juicy mutton leg, and ran promptly into Jackie. He was shocked for a bit, but then recovered enough to ask her, "Can I get the rest of the money? I put up the posters. Also, where can I get costumes?"

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 12:55 PM

Sarah quickly ate the meat soup, and sold the bowl for a few coins, since it was china.
She started to walk around, wandering aimlessly.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 12:55 PM

Mau sat in the plaza and thought. 'So much is going on....' she thought. Then she began to walk around to look for people she recognized. Srah, Edgar, anyone.....

(in that last sentence, my iPad spell checked "anyone" to "a hyena" XD)

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 1:06 PM

Jackie nodded and tossed him a small pouch that was quite heavy for it's small size.
"Follow me. I'm headed there right now."

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 24 June 2011 at 1:09 PM

Edgar trotted after Jackie, tucking the pouch into his pocket.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 1:18 PM

She pulled the costume house's door open. Fancy suits and dresses of all colours and sizes were hung up on racks; masks of all kinds, venetian and carnival, were displayed all over the walls
The lady at the counter noticed them and smiled.
"Hullo there. You two searching for something?"
Jackie held out a slip of paper and was handed a package. She turned back to Edgar
"You going to go choose one?" Jackie asked.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 24 June 2011 at 1:23 PM

"Yeah. I was thinking of a jester costume. What do you think?" Edgar walked over to a black, red and green hat, and a mask to go with it.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 1:27 PM

"Aye. I like that mask." Jackie replied, smiling and pulled out a suit to match. "How about this costume?"

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 24 June 2011 at 1:30 PM

Edgar took the suit and held it up to him. "It's a bit big, but that's okay. The mask is good because people won't be able to see my face. That is-", Edgar lowered his voice, "-if I want to snoop around."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 1:34 PM

Jackie laughed.
"You little snoop! Heheheh! Just what we need in the Masquerade," she said smiling. "Hey, if you find any interesting information, I'll buy it from you."
She nodded and opened the door to leave
"Now, I need to get going."

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 24 June 2011 at 1:41 PM

Edgar nodded, and realized that, for once, his skills could get him some money. He borrowed the costume, and walked back to the ex guild room. Once there, he hid his costume for the Masquerade.

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 24 June 2011 at 1:56 PM

((Wow, I'm really behind ☹️ Sorry was a bit dramaish day here on egg cave yesterday so I was busy with that. Hope I can catch up.😊 ))

Keeran successfully escaped his home. He got the answers he was looking for. "But what now?" he wondered. He needed to find Jaqueline. She maybe wasn't trustworthy, but she was only person he knew in this city. As he was walking down the streets, he noticed flyers hung all over the place. He came up to take a closer look. "Masquerade? Oh great, that's last thing I need. Morse snooping royals and probably my family looking for me.. Who am I kidding.. Only thing my father will be concerned about are the papers I stole." He kept on wandering the small, empty streets as he knew that he shouldn't attract too much attention.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 2:06 PM

Jackie handed the package over to the man. He left without anything close to a thanks.
She stood there by the canal waiting as the sun hung high overhead and listening to the waterways whispering quietly. The Masquerade was not too far away and everything seemed to be going smoothly...

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 24 June 2011 at 2:18 PM

Keeran wandered aimlessly around streets, looking for safe place to stay. He hadn't eaten whole day, his feet and back ached. After some hour of walking he reached the canal. He always hated the smell and water was never the cleanest there. But yet, with disgusted expression on his face he decided to take off his shoes and dip his aching feet in murky canal water.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 2:27 PM

Jackie glanced over at the newcomer
"Not afraid of water snakes?"

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 24 June 2011 at 2:36 PM

"Ahh!" Keeran screamed and pulled his feet out from water. "Oh..It's you.." Keeran said after realizing who just spoke to him. "Glad I found you. I stole the papers! I hadn't read them yet thou.. Figured it wouldn't be safe showing them on the open.. Do you have any hideout I could crash at? At least for tonight?"

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 2:42 PM

Jackie raised an eyebrow.
"Do you even need to bother asking? At least half of all the buildings here are abandoned. Maybe they have an orphan or two in them, but the kids don't mind having company. Mind you, they aren't very well kept."

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 24 June 2011 at 2:48 PM

Upon hearing last part of the sentence Keeran made grossed out expression. "But, I thought you might have some nicer place to stay.. Besides you are only person I know.. I would say that I can pay you but I know you do not accept money.. So what could I offer you? What about these documents I got?"

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 2:54 PM

Jackie glanced over her shoulder as she walked away.
"This place I know of, it's a house of a former high-class family. It's abandoned now but not too shabby. Payment: let me read those documents. Oh! And by the way, the Queen needs some performers. You going?"

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 3:02 PM

Mau felt her hair. It was filthy and tangled. She went to shower. She turned the knob on the shower and a few drops of water came out. Mau cursed and slammed her fist against the wall. Then the shower turned on. She got in, cleaned herself up, and got dressed. She need to look good.

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 24 June 2011 at 3:04 PM

Keeran quickly followed Jaqueline. "Okay it's a fair deal. When we reach the house you can read the papers. I don't know if I should perform.. Don't you think that there's risk my family will see me? I don't know what I would tell them if they do.."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 3:16 PM

Jackie walked down the stone path staring at the sky
"Wellll... it -is- a Masquerade. You'll be wearing a mask and a costume. It's not like anyone can tell who anyone else is."
She stopped and began walking down an alley a few steps before opening a door. Inside it was dark but she could make out the stairs that led up to the second floor.
"The room is up there. Don't trip."

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 24 June 2011 at 3:27 PM

"Hmm..You are right. Besides, I've always wanted to perform in front of the crowd." Keeran followed Jaqueline in the dark house. He walked on stairs carefully but suddenly a loud thud and painful groan filled the house. "I'm okay.. I'm okay.." Soon they reached the second floor. "Is there any candles here? I mean you obviously been here before.."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 June 2011 at 3:36 PM

"I don't remember. All these buildings are the same to me. Abandoned and dark."
Jackie walked over to the slightly glowing corner and pulled open the think silk curtains. Light flowed into the room through the dusty glass window
"But it's better than hiding in the streets though. This is all I'm going to do for now, I need to get going. And those documents... read them and keep them safe."

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 3:52 PM

Sarah needed a costume. She walked the streets intill she saw a costume stand. She brough an old dress-like costume, one she could wear after the party, and a mask.
She smiled to herself and walked back towards her old hideout.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 24 June 2011 at 4:43 PM

@icymuffin I dunno what's in the box. xD
~~~~~~~
Gracie was fretting. She needed to band together a musical group in a few days!

@taffy789 Wanna meet up? 😋 Doesn't Sarah play the flute?

9,386 posts

smilies • 24 June 2011 at 4:50 PM

@icymuffin How early do you people come on? I am NOT getting up at 3am for you! xD

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 5:08 PM

@trish - Of course! But she also plays it for another reason.... 😈 MAHAHA

Sarah put her costume in the hideout and started to walk around on the streets. "Wonder whose around today?" she thought.

9,386 posts

smilies • 24 June 2011 at 5:17 PM

I wandered the streets, window shopping. My employers had been very understanding and insisted I get a nice dress for the masquerade. A bit TOO understanding. Hmmm. I almost picked out a pale pink dress, then remembered I was a 6 of Spades. I shouldn't have people thinking I was higher born, and pink was a warm colour, a shade of red in fact. So instead I bought an ice-blue dress with a matching ribbon. I figured I'd be able to get a mask at the door.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 24 June 2011 at 5:27 PM

Gracie wandered through the streets, and she called out,"Anyone a musician? The Queen wants to band some together!"