Fifty-three

in Roleplaying

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:20 AM

I glanced at her face and nearly laughed my gut out until I realized there was yelling not too far away. It was the girl from earlier. And a messy looking boy close to my age.
I motioned Mia to follow me quietly and climbed up to the balcony to get a better view of what was happening...

9,386 posts

smilies • 28 June 2011 at 1:22 AM

I climbed up clumsily, but managed not to scream out my fear of heights or anything. I grudgingly gained some interest in the affair.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:27 AM

"Meh. So that's the thief that ruined the market. Wonder why he shows up all of a sudden."
I glanced back at Mia.
"Hey. I didn't get to ask you earlier. Who was that boy you ran off with?"

9,386 posts

smilies • 28 June 2011 at 1:29 AM

Somehow that annoyed me. "Not really."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:30 AM

//Nvm//

9,386 posts

smilies • 28 June 2011 at 1:31 AM

"Someone." I said, suddenly occupied with braiding my hair.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:38 AM

I raised an eyebrow, now insanely curious.
"A lover? No... you two don't really fit that profile. A close friend... or your brother?"

9,386 posts

smilies • 28 June 2011 at 1:42 AM

"Think whatever you want." I told her. He wasn't really any of them. More like my brother, I guess, but not related.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:45 AM

"He's... a servant of your household?" I asked quietly now. She seemed a bit touchy on this subject. Huh. Can people be like that?

9,386 posts

smilies • 28 June 2011 at 1:46 AM

I laughed. "NO." Servant? What was she THINKING? You only had to look at J.J.... I sighed.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 28 June 2011 at 1:50 AM

Sarah pushed him away, smiling.
"I thought you were DEAD!" she whisper-yelled, and punched him in the arm. "The guards came... and got you, didn't they? Private hanging? Your not a ghost, right?"

"Well, lets say, and pocketful of jewels go along way in bribing guards during a famine." Strider smilied. "I've seen you around. Stopped thiefing, huh?"
"You should've told me you were out." Sarah mumbled. "And yes, ever since the guild closed down, and my partner "DIED. Do you still have Yako?"
Strider whistled, and a medium-sized hawk flew down, and perched on his arm. "Of course."
"So, I knew you pulled that thieft. It's your sytle, sneaking in when there's an event going on, and there's no one to watch the stores." Sarah rolled her eyes. " But why now?"
"Needed to get your attention, and steal some grub. I need your help. People have been disappearing, Sarah. I plan to get to the bottom of it." Strider replied.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:54 AM

I stared at her for a moment.
"Then why did you leave him behind?" I struggled for words for a moment. "I... don't understand these concepts your people call 'friends' and 'love.' But you seem like you care for him a lot. Why did you leave that place? Wasn't there the thing called 'happiness' there?"
I didn't get these people. No. I didn't understand the real life.

9,386 posts

smilies • 28 June 2011 at 1:56 AM

"I was going to be betrothed." I said shortly, not wanting to talk about it.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 28 June 2011 at 10:35 AM

Edgar sat in the corner of the room, waiting to be noticed.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 28 June 2011 at 10:45 AM

"That's something the police should handle." Sarah said, shaking her head.
"People don't care about commoners!" Strider replied, almost yelling.
Then he noticed Edgar. "Who's that." he asked.
"Some one who needed a place to stay." Sarah replied.
"Well, hi. I'm Strider, id you haven't already noticed." Strider told Edgar.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 28 June 2011 at 10:59 AM

Edgar stood up and nodded his head, a shy smile fixed on his face. "Edgar."

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 28 June 2011 at 11:04 AM

Strider smilied. " 1 of Diamonds. You?"

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 12:43 PM

Again with something I didn't understand. I opened my mouth to comment on it, but noticing the expression on her face, I quietly turned back to the scene we were watching.
The boy waved a card. A servant's? Perhaps he was a thief, hence such a low class. I watched, curious...

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 28 June 2011 at 12:48 PM

@everyone - I'm adding something to Strider's profile. 😉

@icymuffin - Can more than one person have the same card?

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:05 PM

Why not? It's just their status :] Just as long if it doesn't go against what someone said earlier or something

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 28 June 2011 at 1:16 PM

"You used to be a 4 of spades." Sarah questioned.
"Supposed to be dead, remember?" Strider laughed. "Got a new card, to help lay low. Anyway, where have you've been staying?"

"The old thief's guild." Sarah replied.
"Nice. I was going to stay there, but I knew you would probley stay there." Strider said.
"You were talking about the people disappearing before...." Sarah asked.
"I haven't got that much info on it yet, but I know something's going on. Sure, when the royals disappear, it's a big deal. But no one even cares when a number of people have disapeared this month??" Strider exclaimed "You, I can trust to help."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:28 PM

Ohh~~ This boy knew things. He could be useful, though, he probably might be a little stubborn with information. I paused.
The wood of the balcony groaned loudly under me. I winced. It was old, and probably have gone without any repairs for a really long time now...
Another loud creak...
Ohcrapcrapcrap! What if they notice?!

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 28 June 2011 at 1:38 PM

Sarah heard the creek, but didn't pay attention. "Are you sure this is something big? I'm mean, people could've just left the ity."
"Some shop owners with families have disappeared. Why would they leave?" Strider replied.
"That makes sense... What, like disappear like the Thieve's guild? The police broke us up." Sarah asked.
"I don't know if the royals or police have a hand in this yet." Strider admitted.

Transmasculine
796 posts

juliettbrown • 28 June 2011 at 1:41 PM

Could I.... maybe... join... errr... or is it... you know... too far... into it... to join?

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:47 PM

@juliettbrown
You'll miss a bit, but as we told the other users who asked before: Sure, as long as if you read all the previous posts

I tried to shift over to another spot on the balcony but it was a slight bit too late.
The wood below me cracked and let me tumble to the ground, right in the middle of their conversation...

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 28 June 2011 at 1:51 PM

Strider jumped backwards.
"A spy, huh? You know what a thief does to a spy?" he said, sounding angery.

Transmasculine
796 posts

juliettbrown • 28 June 2011 at 1:57 PM

I read them all!!!! I read them before I posted that one message... One sec...

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 June 2011 at 1:59 PM

I stood up and brushed of the dirt casually.
"Yeah, yeah. They slice them up and run off with all the valuables. Thank goodness you're just an idiot."

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 28 June 2011 at 2:03 PM

" I was going to say, give 'em a nice tup of tea and ask them about their day, but hey, what ever works for you. And also, how am I the idiot if you were the one who fell though the balconey? First rule of sneaking, always check where you're going. And creaking wood is a big no-no. You should've hid on those crates over there. They're sturdy, and have plenty of coverage." Strider shrugged. "So, informat i'm guessing?"

Transmasculine
796 posts

juliettbrown • 28 June 2011 at 2:09 PM

Name: Victoria Dare
Description & personality: Red hair with blonde streaks, green eyes, likes to wear black, has learned to keep to herself. Not shy though.. is tuff when the time comes.
Class & card: orphan, 6 of spades
History/past: Horrible Past, father was killed by virus. Mother was murdered by someone she dosen't know.
Job: Artist yet puts codes in her art that only some people can figure out...
Skills: Painting, Drawing, Dancing... Pretty much anything in the arts.

I creep behind a post and look out. Quickly I pull my head back in.. Did anyone see me? I think to myself... I find another hiding spot, behind an old bookshelf. The bookshelf is hard and splintery... I rub my hand along the back of it and I get one of the jagged splinters stuck in my pointer finger. I pull it out and a drip of blood comes out of the little hole the splinter left. I suck on my finger for a second then I go back to listening.