Fifty-three

in Roleplaying

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 1:38 AM

No other way for me to describe it X]

The lady nodded quietly and handed me a slip of paper with a room number on it. I thanked her with a smile and left the building. It wasn't like I'd be able to pick the lock, no. I was no thief. However, I did know of one easier method...
I climbed up the abandoned building beside the hotel and leapt across to the rooftop of the hotel. I grinned as I slid open the window and slid in. Now, all I had to do was wait...

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 1:42 AM

@icymuffin You know, I could be evil and make you wait for ages... 😈

J.J. was rather tired anyway, so he decided to head back to his room. He hadn't actually locked the door earlier, so he just pushed it open.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 1:47 AM

I know :] But either way, I have the Queen 😈

I slipped the note into my sac and sat there on the windowsill as the boy walked in.
"Hullo there, J.J. We haven't met before."
I smiled.

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 1:50 AM

"No, we haven't. Though to be honest I have an awful memory for faces." He acted like he wasn't the least surprised to find someone sitting on his windowsill. Which he wasn't, really.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 1:55 AM

"Now getting to business, I do have some interesting information you'd might like regarding a dear friend of yours. And so do you." I fingered the curtains casually.
"So, would you like to have a trade-off?"

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 1:57 AM

He looked amused. "Interesting information huh. Dear friend. You have to be more specific. I don't know what you could want either."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 2:03 AM

She glanced away from the curtains to watch him more carefully.
"Listen now, boy. The Queen knows you're looking for this Vivibelle girl and so do I. However. You don't know where she is. The Queen of Spades could easily get rid of her with a single command and all this effort you throw in will be lost. I, myself, don't agree with what she does, but as her servant I must comply."
I got up, ready to leave.
"My request, tell me who you are and your relations to her. Information will remain private. Deal?"

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 2:08 AM

"I don't think so. Who says I don't know where she is?" J.J. winked. "So you're working for the Queen. Doesn't she know all about me already? If she doesn't, I don't know whether to be offended, or to call her slack." He yawned.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 2:16 AM

"I don't know what you know and neither do I know what she does. But, I do know that you're not one of us. I am a messenger. I work for anyone who pays, be it the Queen or an orphan with stolen money. I don't care. I'm an info broker. Does it matter?"
I smiled. He was annoying just like all the others, but not as quite.
"So no information from you too? Though if you don't mind telling me, who was this boy she was supposed to marry? Did she not like him?" I couldn't help being curious. That look on Mia's face earlier was interesting...

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 2:22 AM

"Yeah, it does. I'm wondering why she sent you then. So I'll call her slack. And no," he smiled laughingly, "she didn't like him...." The thing is, they don't tell the girl who she's going to marry...

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 2:25 AM

I looked away.
"As a sevant of the Queen, only just enough information is known," I replied pouting. "What's with you? Are you mocking me because you're a higher up?"

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 2:28 AM

"Of course not." He said solemnly. "For all I know you could be the queen yourself." J.J. smiled. "For all you know, I could be the lowest servant."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 2:30 AM

I pondered this for a moment.
"I suppose," I started slowly, but... "Does Vivibelle lie?"

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 2:33 AM

J.J. laughed. "Oh yeah, but that doesn't mean she's any good at it..." He took that back. "Except to her parents. Mind you, they are usually rather drunk anyway...."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 2:38 AM

I stoked my sack quietly, remembering the newest envolope that the Queen had requested I deliver. Perhaps all those drinks were my fault. No.
"Then you aren't a servant?" I eyed him, tilting my head away in disgust. "And that air about you, it's the same as Vivibelle's. You. You are a high class 'friend?' "

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 2:41 AM

"What air?" He sniffed experimentally. "Really, the only thing I can smell is you. No offense. Oh, that wasn't what you meant. Never mind."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 2:50 AM

I let out a long sigh.
"And you are a dolt. Just like her. Look, you got any information?" I asked once more. "Oh, I just remembered. She's one of the Queen's pawns now."

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 2:52 AM

"Dolt? OUCH. And I thought I was doing pretty well at getting you to talk without me having to reveal anything," he said slyly. "She told me everything."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 2:54 AM

I ignored his first comment.
"Of course you know that. But what you don't know is why."
A smile.
"Your Vivibelle doesn't know the whole entire story. And neither do you."

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 2:56 AM

"Yeah, well, I figured I'd work it out as I went along." He leaned back against the wall. "So, am I not a dolt yet?"

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 3:02 AM

I yawned.
"Mmm? Not yet? You people were always one. Anyways, I find you boring and useless. So I'm going now."
I leapt past him and exited through the front door.
I glanced back at the note the Queen had left for me with the lady at the counter. Why in the word did she need to confirm that stuff? I shrugged. Either way, it was interesting to know.

Bye~

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 3:08 AM

J.J. wondered what kind of people she liked. He guessed she just said that to annoy him. Anyway, all SHE did was hint and dodge the bullet. What a waste of time. He put some to good use by getting some sleep.

Transmasculine
796 posts

juliettbrown • 29 June 2011 at 8:08 AM

Hey guys I am back... Still at the warehouse... well I am ok?

I had had a great nights sleep and decided to go get an apple from the stand nearby with the few coins I had left. The stands were busier than usual so I had to wait. When I got to the front I picked up an apple, gave the stand clerk my money ( I cheated him out of a few cents. ) And ran away before he could notice. It was a big juicy red apple. I took a big bite of it and savored. I hadn't had something that tasted this good in weeks.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 29 June 2011 at 3:13 PM

Strider was on the streets. He was wearing his old collared jacket, and was keeping watch on a lady in fancy clothes.
She was sitting on a bench, waiting for some one or something.
She'd hung her purse right beside, and it the straps were a string of pearls..
He knew that was his target. The purse problay held lots of coins.
Strider went though all the possiblities.
The woman could notice him, but looks too precopied looking for what she was waiting for.
If he kept to her side..... mabey he should pretend to be a shoe cleaner..... No, she might she his face. Okay, side option.
Best escape route? He could use the caridge that was slowly being pulled by a horse as cover, but that was too unrealible.
He finally got every possiblitlty done, in less than a minute. Strider strolled over to the lady, moving slowly. When he got close, he pretended to trip. The lady didn't even look behind her, but sighed. While he was on the ground, he used his knife to quickly cutoff the purse. he grabbed it, put it in his coat, and quickly stood up casually. He then walked away, unoticable. And, a few blocks away, he could hear the lady's screamed as she realized she was mugged.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 3:56 PM

I stopped walking, note still in hand, as a lady screamed not too far off in the distance. I shrugged and continued on my way. Everyone was getting desperate these days, it seemed.
"Ohhh, what to do, what to do."
I read the note once more. It still said the same thing: 'Confirm the facts ---The Queen'
A lady ran up to me and said with a shakey voice, "My purse! It has my valuables, and a letter regarding my family! Please find it! Please, it's important!"
These high class idiots. Couldn't they just keep an eye on their belongings? Though, I do need jobs to do. I sighed and nodded. Now where would a dragon hide his horde of jewels?...

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 29 June 2011 at 4:01 PM

Strider strolled along the streets. He brought an apple, via lady's coins, and happily munched on it. He sat by a fountain, in the middle of the square. He splashed some of the water on his face, and sat on the edge of the fountain.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 4:17 PM

I wandered about, weaving through the people. Hoping to escape the crowds, I entered the plaza. And sure enough, there was the thief from yesterday.
"Yo. Remember me? Watcha doing?"

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 29 June 2011 at 4:23 PM

"The informat? Yeah, i remember. And i'm sitting, eating an apple." Strider replied, and took a bite of the apple.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 June 2011 at 4:28 PM

I glared at him.
"Yeah, I can see that. Hey, you know any place around here that a person could hide without ever being found? Like the Queen."

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 29 June 2011 at 4:34 PM

"Trying to find the Queen? Huh, Good Luck. If you had an whole army you couldn't find her." Stride scoffed.
"If it keeps you out of my hair, i'll help. There's hundreds of abandon buildings, all though out the city. And those are only the ones I know. If you're looking for royalty,there's one place I think is fit."