Fifty-three

in Roleplaying

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 7:05 PM

Yeah, that kind of sums it up why :]
(as well as other things I won't mention... yet.)

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 21 June 2011 at 9:27 PM

*waits for smilies*

Gtg, night, don't go too far without me! 😉

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 22 June 2011 at 12:13 AM

@randomkitty17 I have to go too D:

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 12:20 AM

@bluegirl80 I'm not offended! xD You guys can start without me of course! 😃

@EVERYONE : You can be as royal, but NO DIAMOS, I BAGSED THEM! 😋

Name: Mia Dovese (Or.... Is it?)
Description & personality: Sweet girl, not so used to roughing it...
Class & card {orphan/high class; 1- 10 & spade/club...ect.}: 6 of spades (Well, she nicked it, but yeah.)
Job {optional, ...spy/thief/artist/street musician...etc.}: Works in the stables.
Skills {again, optional}: You'll see....

TEN DAYS AGO.
The footman bowed and helped me into the carriage. It was such a relief to be out of the house. The servants, constantly whispering about.... Yes. I was going to be betrothed. It was customary not to reveal who to until the betrothal party, so it was the constant topic of gossip. But I knew who it was going to be. That... BEAST. I stared down at my hands and realized I had ripped the delicate handkerchief to shreds. Hastily I replaced it in my pocket. But if everything went to plan, I would never go to that party. I would never return home. The footman was talking to the coach driver. I cast off my dress, revealing tight fitting black clothes, much more practical. I glanced at the servants on last time, then jumped off the carriage, rolling so I came up bruised but otherwise unharmed. And free.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 22 June 2011 at 12:23 AM

@smilies what is the sign on her card? (hearts diamonds etc.)

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 12:26 AM

@redfire77 xD Adjusted it, thanks 😊

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 22 June 2011 at 12:37 AM

Sarah let her body moved to the music. Some people stopped and clapped to the beat, but the cheapstakes didn't cash in.
After the song ended, Sarah looked at the measly coins, and the bill that was in the hat on the coner of the sidewalk.
She grabbed the bill for herself, and tossed the hat of coins to the musicean that was playing the song.
"Here you go, Larry." Sarah told the musicean and sped off to her second job.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 12:40 AM

Jacqueline chuckled mischeiviously as she leaned out the window dangerously. She tossed papers out of the window, watching as groups of people gathering, others passing by, some playing music.
"Hey, hey, hey!!~ Read all about it! Read all about it! Abunch a' more people gone missing! And guess who else has too!"
She tossed down the last sheet and ran away bursting in laughter nearly running into a dancer who was passing by

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 12:48 AM

A paper floated down from one of the tall buildings of Calico and I snatched it out of the air. I was almost unrecognizable from the girl who had left her house for good ten days ago. Still, I felt jittery when I saw the headline, MISSING, and saw the names and pictures. Saw my picture. Saw my name. My OLD name. I am Mia now. I scrunched the paper up in my hand.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 12:52 AM

"Oh hey there!" Jackie said to a girl as she passed by her.
Nowaitamoment.
She glanced over her shoulder. That girl... she fit the bill perfectly. A commoner with such a high & mighty air about her.
"Hey~ Yohooo! Did I work for your family before?"

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 12:54 AM

"Uh, what?" I stammered. How did someone recognize me here? I tried not to panic. "Not me, miss!"

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 22 June 2011 at 12:57 AM

"Sorry!" Sarah shouted to the girl she'd almost runinto as she sped down the streets leading to the Hearst Villa (mansion, but classyier).
Sarah ran though many guards who already knew who she was, and bursted though the door when she heard a maid call her name.
"Sarah, shut this crying baby up! I can't clean with all this racket!" the maid called.
Sarah ran up two flights of stairs to the nursery, to find baby Elliot screaming his head off. Sarah started to sing him some of the few nursery rhymes she knew, intill he fell asleep.
After that was done, she snuck down to the Cook's kitchen and got her daily "pay" of meat soup and bread.

(The daily life of Sarah Wren 😋 )

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 12:59 AM

@taffy789 Something has to bring you to Calico 😸 That's in Spades.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 12:59 AM

Jackie cocked her head to one side. Her smile remained plastered to her face, almost looking slightly false.
"Hey... Mia~ Don't you remember who I am?" she whispered
"Of course you know..."

@smilies ~ Spades is a region of Calico o_O one fourth to be precise...

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 1:00 AM

@icymuffin Not her real name, remember! Her real full name is.... Vivibelle 😸
@icymuffin OOPS! I thought it was the capital! My bad xD Never mind @taffy789 xD

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 1:02 AM

@smilies ~ Yep~ She doesn't know Mia as part of the Diamos family ;] You know...
Who said Jacqueline was her real name 😃

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 1:03 AM

@icymuffin ??? How does she know Mia? AND SHHHHH! 😋

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 1:07 AM

Jackie chuckled quietly to herself and shrugged

"OH well... I guess I'll have to leave you guessing. Byebye~!"
She ran off just slowly enough so that if Mia wanted to, she could catch up

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 1:09 AM

@icymuffin I don't get it O_o Either she knows her as a commoner, as Mia, or she knows her real identity, as Vivibelle Diamos 😋

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 22 June 2011 at 1:17 AM

Sarah figured that the baby was okay, and he wouldn't wake up for atleast a few hours, so she ditched her job for awhile.
The last time she was doing nothing in the Villa, the maids made her do their chores. NOT FUN.
She started to walk the streets, and read the news. It turned out, another royal was missing. "It was probley just a ransom case, like the last one. " she thought to herself.
" Actually, now that I think about it, a few common folk have gone missing too...." Sarah thought.

@smilies - Reading your posts made me type in first person half way though!! XD Now this post is messed up. 😋

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 1:23 AM

I sat infront of the fire, in the Inn. I missed home, but it was such a relief to be out of the pressure. But I was constantly looking over my shoulder. Who knows who they may send looking for me... I shook my head. I had more pressing issues. I needed somewhere to stay, this Inn was to expensive. And I needed a job.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 1:25 AM

She noticed that there was no longer anyone following her.
"Heh heh... Milady will find this very interesting. Mhmm! I wonder how much this tidbit will sell for." Jackie pondered as she walked away.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 22 June 2011 at 1:31 AM

@icymuffin - What do they use for currency here? Also, what season is it? And style of clothes? Basically, old fashioned stuff, or mordern age?
Sorry about all the questions . 😋

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 1:33 AM

I ate a cheap dinner and curled up on moth-eaten bed, falling to sleep while gripping my stolen card, six of Spades. It reminded me who I was now.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 1:33 AM

I dunno, I never thought about that much :/
I'm going to go with modern
And payment is anything of value (gold, place to stay/food, info) 😃

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 1:35 AM

@icymuffin For currency I was thinking quarter, third, half or full pieces.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 22 June 2011 at 1:45 AM

Night, going to bed! 😊

Sarah ran back to the Villa, puffing.
"Good work today, Sarah, didn't hear a peep out of that baby." the head maid told her.
"Thanks." replied Sarah, and nodded to the maid, then rushed out the door, to the Inn.
The Hearsts paided her just enough to stay here each night. But some nights, she couldn't pay, but she knew her way around town, and knew where to stay.
Sarah curled up on a ragged bed, and soundfully went to sleep.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 1:45 AM

That works too
As I said, I haven't given much thought to it
Whatever works for you guys

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 1:53 AM

@taffy789 G'night! ☚ī¸

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 2:02 AM

Jackie glanced back at the table. The next message was already there. She opened it up and began reading it in the candlelight.
A message to deliver to the girl Mia. How odd.

No one noticed as she sped through the alleyways in the darkness. Neither did the girl seem to notice as a letter was dropped just inside the barely open window.