Fifty-three

in Roleplaying

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 2:38 PM

And there she was, standing right in front of him, grinning.
"What took you so long?"

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 22 June 2011 at 2:41 PM

"What do you want?" He asked with anger in his voice. He was still panting from all the running and stair climbing.
"Are you here to kidnap me as well?"

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 2:49 PM

She raised an eyebrow, slightly confused
"Kidnap you? What for? I'm a messenger, so don't lump me with anyone. I'm not here for money."
Jackie sighed, staring out the window.
"You see all those people?" She pointed at the commoners. "They hold all the power in this city. You and your people may think that you all are the best in this city, but look again, kid. All you people have is the money. The commoners can riot at any time that they'd like. They're the ones with power."
She tore the card up into shreads.
"Next time, check your pockets before you start running after me. Don't look like an idiot in this town. The Queen might start lumping you with your idiot family."

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 22 June 2011 at 2:57 PM

With first shock of card being thorn in front of him he maniacally started searching his pockets. He let out sigh of relief when he found his card.

He joined the girl beside the window. "Well what would commoners rebel for if not money?"

He tucked his card into his inner pocket this time and zipped his jacket. "I'm not gonna fall for that again anytime soon." He thought for himself.

"Anyway do you have a name? And whose messenger are you? The Queen's?

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 3:04 PM

She sighed and placed her chin in her hand.
"Are you people really that dumb?..." She flicked his head and paused. "Actually, I don't really know. But there are plenty of reasons. They want to know things, what your high class people are hiding. There have been people disappearing. No one is doing anything..."
"As for my name, just call me Jacqueline. I'm a messenger, for who ever is willing to pay. Your's?"

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 22 June 2011 at 3:13 PM

"Nice to meet you, commoner. My name is Keeran. High class people are disappearing as well, so don't blame it on us. We are as clueless as you are. Besides you are messenger.. Can't you peek in the letters and such? And stop saying I'm stupid!" Keeran was not amused by his company.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 3:26 PM

"Oh? Are they? I guess you people aren't all that well informed... Not all people 'disappear' they way you're thinking of it. There's a difference between that and running away you know."
She glanced at her bag. "No one but the addressee reads them. I'm not losing my letters or card to become a fool like you. Besides. My letters are from higher class people than your family, no offence. Though, I don't mind if you tag along for now. Go see the city, kid. Live a little. Go find the Queen like everyone else."
She crawled out of the window onto the balcony and slid down the pole that held it up...

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 22 June 2011 at 3:54 PM

Keeran took some seconds to think about her words. She was commoner, but she was also right. He was shut down by his father for way too long. It was time that he finds out the truth about everything. Besides he can always come back home anytime he wants.

He came up to window and tried to mimic what Jacqueline did. Unfortunately for him, it didn't yield the same results so he ended up falling upon reaching about halfway down and badly bruising himself.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 4:01 PM

She glanced at the fallen boy. Oh, that was right, he wasn't used to this kind of stuff. Jackie merely shrugged and pulled him up.
"You ever perform before? The people like it when they get a performance from people like you. Don't often see electric guitars or things like that."

Deleted • 22 June 2011 at 4:10 PM

@icymuffin can your charrie come and hire Tess? Please?
~~~~~~~~~~
Tess sighed, all she had gotten that day was one peice. She went to a bread market. Trying not to cough she bought a peice of bread. The vender saw her condition and kindly gave it to her for free. Tess scarfed the food down and smiled. "Thank you." she said politely. Next she went for some milk. The vender told her it was five peices. She tried to ask him for one peice but he only laughed in her face. Then the venders father came in and gave her a gallon for free. She was having very good luck today. In a few sips all the milk was gone. The venders father just stared at her in disgust and took her peice.

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 22 June 2011 at 4:21 PM

"Thanks Jacqueline.." Keeran said silently. He broke lose of her grasp and attempted to stand up by himself. He almost stumbled over but regained balance soon after. His whole body was aching and this surely wasn't one of his good days.
"I never performed of course. I rarely go out, to be honest. But I always wondered how would it feel with crowd cheering at you. To feel like all those bands from old times. Might be good idea if I ever run of of money. Which I won't so soon." He smiled to himself.
"I want to come with you.. Where ever you are going. I want to see the city. I'll pay you handsomely to be my guide."

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 4:21 PM

{Jackie is a messenger, not an employer. People hire messengers to go do jobs for them o_O}

"Again, I'll say, I don't want the money. The employer forbids it." She stamped her foot to the ground. Did he ever listen? She pouted again.
"You want to follow along? Fine. But I'm not going to wait for you. And if you are to be mobbed or ganged up on, I may or may not help you... Jackie didn't see what happened."
She began walking away.

Deleted • 22 June 2011 at 4:22 PM

@icymuffin well can the people Jackie works for ask her to get a maid/cook?

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 4:28 PM

{Didn't you already say that she was a maid? You don't have to make them work you know.

Just a suggestion, but why don't you guys make like a group? All the orphans working together and all to support one another?}

Deleted • 22 June 2011 at 4:31 PM

@icymuffin shes broke, untill she changes clothes and goes into her higher class.

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 22 June 2011 at 4:33 PM

Keeran limped after her. "I would ask who your employer is but my guess is that you won't tell me, right? I can tend to myself if I get ganged up. Besides they wouldn't attack a royal. They know consequences are too high for that. Anyway, you are feisty girl aren't ya? And very good at aiming I might add." Keeran said while scratching the back of his head. "I have feeling she know something. I have to make her like me enough to share that information with me." Keeran thought.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 4:36 PM

{Yeah, so why don't all the broke orphans get together and form an "alliance" and "support" one another? I don't know how your charrie or mine would be able to get to a higher class... Just a suggestion though}

Jackie crossed the bridge and began walking towards the Diamos mansion...
"Actually, everyone knows who I work for." she said, jabbing her finger at the large mansion she was walking towards.
"That lot and someother commoners who don't want to look suspicious.." She grinned

Deleted • 22 June 2011 at 4:38 PM

Remember shes in hiding

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 4:40 PM

{So?

I mean really, if she's working with other commoners, she'll look like one ;] }

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 22 June 2011 at 4:40 PM

Edgar started working, just as one of the dukes came in to check on the workers. He flinched in disgust as a bit of coal flew his way. He walked behind the workers, watching them do their job. He came to Edgar, and cocked his head as if something was wrong. Finally, the duke placed it.

"Why are you still bundled up? All of the others are sweating, even without their shirts in this furnace."

Edgar's heart skipped a beat, and he quickly mumbled, "I have a cold."

The duke looked apprehensive. "Yet you were well enough to go to market this morning?"

Edgar paused as he thought of an excuse. "I was chilled when I went out."

"Very well. But something tells me that you will be more useful fishing. Come with me and we shall see what the Lady says."

Edgar reluctantly followed the duke to the Lady's waiting room, where he was left, and the duke went in to speak with her.

Deleted • 22 June 2011 at 4:43 PM

Urrg need someone to hire Tess!
~~~~~~~~~
Tess went out to her hiding spot. She changed into her cleaner robes, put on her make up and grabbed her sack of coins. She headed out to the market and bought enough food to feed at least half the beggers on this street. She handed out food to everyone. She ate a loaf of bread and went back to the hiding spot to eat.

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 22 June 2011 at 4:47 PM

"So Diamos.. But if you don't take money, how do you survive.. I mean where do you sleep, what do you eat? And what can I pay you to spy on all high class while delivering letters?" Keeran winked. "Look at it. You want to find your missing commoner friends while I want to find The Queen. And something makes me believe if we find one we will find the other as well."

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 22 June 2011 at 4:54 PM

Lady Clubinne sat across from Edgar. Edgar sat on the floor. She was trying to get as far as possible away from him, as if he was a poisonous beast out to eat him. "I understand that you stole a tomato from the stand today when you went to market. But you didn't give it to me. You ate it yourself."

Edgar was silent.

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

Edgar remained silent.

"Well?"

Edgar refused to speak.

"You will open your mouth or I will send you to shovel manure for a month!"

Edgar opened his mouth wide.

Lady Clubinne narrowed her eyes and hissed, "It seems that you are capable of taking care of yourself, and you are not of use to me any more. I have plenty of workers. You no longer serve the Clubinne family. Go and never return."

Edgar was pushed out of the gates and stood, cold and alone in front of the estate he once called home. He had gone too far, and he knew it. All of the skills he had acquired in his short life would be put to the test, because he no longer had anyone to lean on except for himself.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 5:33 PM

Jacqueline stopped and glanced over her shoulder. 'This boy..." she thought to herself.
"I sleep under the stars if I ever feel like it. And I have no interest in finding these 'friends.' So your offer, I'll have to turn that down. I have no interest in spying, as I have sources. Accurate ones."
She turned her back on him once again and ran across the bridge, now headed to another ruling familiy's mansion

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 22 June 2011 at 5:41 PM

@icymuffin When smilies said nobody on the Diamos family, did she mean nobody in their part of Calico?

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 5:44 PM

I'm pretty sure she meant that no one could control them/ use them as a charrie (like the way redfire77 is using Lady Clubinne)

Jackie stood in the entree hall of the large mansion.
"Hullo~ Excuse me! Milady? Lady Clubinne! I have a letter to deliver to you..." she called out, her voice slightly echoing off the walls.

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 22 June 2011 at 5:50 PM

"Hmph. Fine. I am still tagging along with you." Keeran started running after Jacqueline. "That girl is pretty tough to crack. Well it will require some effort but I am determined to succeed." Keeran thought.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 22 June 2011 at 5:53 PM

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
~~~~~~~~

Gracie woke up hungry, as ever. But she had to support herself. Today, she carried out her dad's quite used, old, and dusty saxophone. And a sign that says,'Donations are quite welcome.'

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 22 June 2011 at 5:53 PM

Jacqueline grinned.
"Hey, hey, hey~ No one's answering... lets go do some exploring."
She tossed him a coat.
"Don't let them know that a high class kid like you is snooping around."
She sped down the hall and took a right...

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 22 June 2011 at 5:58 PM

Mau went and hid in her hotel room. She counted her coins. Mau smiled. She took her hood off and went to a deserted alley. She knocked on an old, rotted, wooden door. The door swung wide and she entered the cafe. It was her favorite place. A bustling cafe full of new foods from before the technology was banned. She ordered some pizza and sat down. Some livley music was playing in the cafe. The cafe's prized possession was an illegal music player. The whole place was kept hush-hush, in case anyone bad found out. Mau ate her pizza and returned to her hotel room. She laid on her bed and sighed. Being a thief had it's rewards.