The Hunger Games Roleplay

in Roleplaying

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 9 July 2011 at 2:32 AM

Winning means fame and fortune. Losing means certain death.

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel, and keeps the districts in line by forcing them each to send one child in between the ages of 12 and 18 to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

The Hunger Games is a book written by Suzanne Collins, and I do not take credit for it.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Discussion thread:

http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/25741/

Story:

Perhaps you were selected by raffle, or perhaps you volunteered. Only one thing is certain: you will be forced to fight eleven other tributes, and only one will survive. First, you will spend one week in the Capitol, living a life of fame and luxury as a tribute. Your mentors, previous victors of the Hunger Games from your district, will advise you to help you survive. Others make you look stunning, in hopes of charming the audience to receive support. Wealthy Capitol citizens might sponsor you, allowing your mentor to send you gifts in the arena that will play a part in your survival. You will have time to train for the arena, including a private training session in which the Gamemakers give you a score that will either encourage or discourage sponsors. Every tribute participates in an interview with Caesar Flickerman, finally giving the audience an idea of who you really are. This is your time to form strategies, prepare yourself for the Games, and hopefully collect sponsors. In the arena, disasters will be thrown mercilessly at you and your fellow tributes will stop at nothing to kill you. As a tribute, your goal is to survive, be the last one standing.

History:

A long time ago, the thirteen districts and Capitol lived together in Panem. However, the districts were unsatisfied with how they were being treated. They united against the Capitol in what is currently known as the Dark Days and fought on through the dark times, hoping for freedom. Despite their efforts, the Capitol emerged victorious. The twelve districts fell, the thirteenth obliterated. But this was not enough; the districts needed some sort of punishment. Something to show them that the Capitol would always be in control. As a reminder to the districts to never repeat the Dark Days, the Hunger Games began.

Background:

Each of the districts works in a special industry to provide supplies for the Capitol.
The districts get poorer as their number increases. The first few districts are wealthier and well fed, while the last few are indigent and on the brink of starvation. Tributes from Districts One, Two, and Four are known as Careers; their children train for the Games every year, and go into the arena able to skillfully wield weapons. Careers are the more vicious bunch of the tributes and often form alliances with each other. They are often favorites when it comes to sponsors, commonly winning the Games.

One - Luxury items
Two - Masonry
Three - Electronics
Four - Seafood
Five - Power
Six - Transportation
Seven - Wood
Eight - Textiles
Nine - Grain
Ten - Livestock
Eleven - Agriculture
Twelve - Coal

Setting:

The 74th Hunger Games have long since passed. There has never been a rebellion, nor have Katniss, Peeta, or any other character from the books existed. New surprises will await each year’s tributes. Characters live within their district, each one providing a different lifestyle for the tributes. Do you live in District Twelve, where adults work in the coalmines so they have enough money and food to survive, where many people scarcely have enough to eat? District Four, where people fish in the salty oceans and children train for the Games? Eleven, where people harvest food in the orchards and know which plants are edible and which are not?

While each district is different, the Capitol remains shining and candy-colored with breathtaking buildings. People wear outrageous things and excitedly wait for another train of tributes to arrive so they may cheer for their deaths. This is where the tributes go. When they arrive in the Arena about a week later, it will be thoroughly described. The roleplay begins at the reaping.

Arena:

Tributes will be wearing simple tawny pants, green shirt/blouse, sturdy brown belt, thin, hooded black jacket, and leather boots worn over skintight socks.

Tributes start in a circle, equal distance from the Cornucopia on a flat, open stretch of ground consisting of hard-packed dirt. East and south are the woods, starting mainly with pine trees, which farther along become variety of other trees. To the east is a small lake. Farther in that direction are tall grasses. The stretch of ground continues to the north, which later stops at a steep, but climbable, downwards slope that gives way to hills and eventually forest. The forest includes a stream, a pond, and three spring-fed pools. The grasses have a few ponds spread out among the area.

Map:
http://oi40.tinypic.com/308ksiw.jpg

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 9 July 2011 at 2:38 AM

Rules:

All Egg Cave rules apply. http://www.eggcave.com/forums/rules

Keep it appropriate. There will be fighting, but everything must be okay for Egg Cave.

This is a literate roleplay, so please try your best to write well.

Please be active; inactivity is the number one killer of roleplays. If you would like to quit, please let me know so I can remove you from the list. It’s also good to frequently post on the discussion thread.

No god-modding or power playing! Don’t manipulate another person’s character without their consent or make your character all-powerful. On a similar note, be reasonable!

Keep in mind that characters from the books have never existed in the roleplay with the exceptions of Caesar Flickerman and President Snow.

Be respectful of other roleplayers.

I have final say in everything regarding these rules, but don’t be afraid to ask questions. (:

Reminders:

Keep in mind that only one tribute will survive. I use a number generator when it’s time to off a tribute.

For now, there’s one tribute per district. This will change if more than twelve people are interested in joining.

You may not include your own additions to the arena. I will describe it thoroughly, though if you have any questions, please ask!

There is up to one character per roleplayer.

Please try to keep OOC posts to the OOC thread.

Warning others before posting book spoilers - not everyone has read them.

Feel free to use any point of view or tense you are comfortable with.

Don’t skip ahead; everyone should be on the same event.

Events:

Reaping – Everyone in the district gathers in a public place, where a Capitol citizen selects a tribute, though another person may volunteer to replace. They go onstage with their Capitol attendant, mentor[s] and mayor.

Justice Building – Tributes go to the Justice Building, usually a very nice place, to say goodbye to their loved ones. They can bring one thing from their district as a token to wear in the arena.

Train - Each of the tributes boards a luxurious train to the Capitol with their mentor and attendant. They are provided nice clothing and rich food; many also begin strategizing.

Arrival - Tributes arrive at the Capitol and share a building, with one district's tributes on each floor.

Opening Ceremonies – Each tribute is beautified by their prep-team and meets their stylist, a Capitol citizen who designs their clothes. During the Opening Ceremonies, tributes wear costumes reflecting their district's industry during a celebration to give the audience a first impression of them.

Training - Tributes will train together for three days at different stations, each with instructors. There are a variety of things to learn, including knot tying, camouflage, sword fighting, edible plants, tree climbing, and more. On the third day is private training, in which tributes show off for the Gamemakers. They receive public scores, with one being terrible and twelve being incredible.

Interview preparation - Tributes receive four hours of training with their Capitol attendant on acting presentable and four hours with their mentor on building a personality and attracting sponsors. Their stylist will prepare a dazzling outfit for them to wear.

Interview - Each of the tributes spends three minutes having an interview with Caesar Flickerman in front of the entire country. This gives the audience an impression of who they really are.

Arena - Tributes rise into the arena on metal plates, each person an equal distance from the Cornucopia that holds supplies. The best supplies are piled inside, while lesser things are spread out around it. The gong rings after sixty seconds, signaling that the Games have started. The Gamemakers have complete power over the arena and send out genetically enhanced animals known as muttations, or mutts, along with other threats. Sponsors can help specific tributes by sending them gifts in the arena. The tributes' mentor controls the flow of gifts, but as the days go buy, gifts become expensive.

Form:

Please put effort into your character’s form and ping me when you post it. Thanks! Forms go in the discussion thread.

Form~
Username:
Character name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
District:
Skills:
Other:

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 9 July 2011 at 2:40 AM

Characters~

1. Open.

2. Open.

3. Open.

4. @Trish ~ Jade
Almost pure-white blonde hair, light green eyes, short, and slender.

5. @linpug ~ Lauri
Lauri is very tiny, and looks like she's ten. Her skin is light, and her hair is light brown and very short. She has hazel eyes, and is adorable.

6. Open.

7. Open.

8. Open.

9. Open.

10. Open.

11. @Ladybugheart ~ Melody
She has sleek black hair. Her skin is tan, and her eyes are large and brown.

12. Open.

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 9 July 2011 at 10:20 PM

Username:carnatate
Character name:Akira
Appearance😱range hair,average height,Bright yellow fox-like eyes
Personality:He's not afraid of anything but a little shy around new people he hates that he was chosen and hates EVERYTHING about the capitol hes also kind of anoying though
History:His parents were killed secretly by the capitol when he was 2 yrs old and he has no friends or siblings
District😸
Skills:runs pretty fast but not much is known about him
Other:none

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 9 July 2011 at 10:23 PM

...won't other user's characters have to kill each other D:

But other than that, I ❤️ the hunger games! 😸

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 10 July 2011 at 12:32 AM

@randomkitty17 Me too. =3 And yeah, pretty much. D: But there are plenty of other ways they can die.

Deleted • 10 July 2011 at 12:34 AM

Sorry but I gotta post:

OMFG I SO LOVE PEETA!!

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 10 July 2011 at 12:37 AM

@ladybugheart May I join? 😸

Form~
Username: Trish
Character name: Jade
Appearance: Almost pure-white blonde hair, light green eyes, short, and slender.
Personality: Fierce, somewhat girly, strong, not one bit shy.
History: A previous victor's child, lives in Victor's Village. Once went to a Capitol party, started disliking them when they kept touching her hair.
District: 4
Skills: Strong swimmer, works with a trident & Bows & Arrows

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 10 July 2011 at 6:12 PM

@chloekins Same, he's like my third favorite character. xD Do you and @randomkitty17 want to join? 😸

@trish Sure. 😊 But there won't be a district four unless we reach six people and more want to join.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 10 July 2011 at 6:13 PM

@ladybugheart Why isn't there gonna be a District 4?

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 10 July 2011 at 6:15 PM

@trish If we used all 12 districts, we'd need 24 people to join. 😋

Deleted • 10 July 2011 at 6:27 PM

*scream*I'm sooo joining!
Form~
Username:Cutebluekittykat
Character name: Saroura
Appearance:She's slim,and has long shining black hair,almond-shaped purple eyes,long eyelashes,pursed red lips,and a long nose.
Personality:Elegant,tricky,VERY brutal killer.
History:Being born in District One,Saroura is trained for the games but has always lived an easy life.
District:1
Skills:She knows 5 different trap techniques,10 ways to use a knife,and is amazing with an archery set.Sar can use ANYTHING as a weapon.

@ladybugheart
Can there be the interviews and carriage rides as well?

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 10 July 2011 at 7:08 PM

I'll post my character here:

Username: Ladybugheart
Character name: Melody
Appearance: Melody has straight, sleek black hair along with neatly cut bangs. She has tan skin with brown almond-shaped eyes. Though fit, she's not very strong. Melody is slightly tall and skinny due to the lack of food.
Personality: Melody is generally amiable and more passive in nature, more likely to take the defensive side than to attack. When she's upset, she can be overly blunt to the point of being rude. She tends to think things through and can be a little bit of a dreamer. Although she greatly dislikes the Capitol, she tries to ignore her negative thoughts in general.
History: She lives with her mother and younger sister. Her father died when she was six. Like many in her district, she hardly gets anything to eat and works in the orchards.
District: 11
Skills: Melody is excellent in hand-to-hand combat, and can react quickly when fighting. She is a fast runner, great at climbing trees, and very good at feeding herself. She has shown some talent in archery, but has had barely any experience.
Other: None

@cutebluekittykat Added. 😸 And sure. Make sure your character has some flaws during the Games, though. ^^

All female parts are taken, we need more boys! 😊 If we already have six people and you want to join, feel free to be from district four. However, the girl from four is reserved by Trish if this happens, so you'll be the girl from District 2.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 10 July 2011 at 9:33 PM

@ladybugheart I'll consider it 😉

Deleted • 10 July 2011 at 10:27 PM

I don't know how to rp just gotta say I LOVE THE HINGER GAMES! I read all the books!

Okay byeeee

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 10 July 2011 at 10:38 PM

I totally agree @jamiegurrl, I love the hunger games but don't like rping 😊

Deleted • 12 July 2011 at 3:23 PM

when can we start?I'm gonna ping.
@choocalate
@taffy789
@avelaingia

Deleted • 12 July 2011 at 5:24 PM

Username: choocalate
Character name: Purslane (Lany)
Appearance: Tall, sturdy, broad shoulders, ash blond hair that goes just below her shoulders, green eyes
Personality: Secretive, more likely to do things on her own, open to friends/family, wants to LIVE 😃
History: Was nearly caught by the Capitol as a young girl, but survived and escaped, and still fears they'll make her an Avox. Her family was once punished for some crazy reason, but all has been forgiven, and has tons of enemies that she made in 15 years of life. Not much else. A normal District 8 life.
District: 8
Skills: Not bad with a bow and arrows, but likes handling knives. Can also fight well in hand to hand combat, but that's not her greatest.

Deleted • 12 July 2011 at 5:31 PM

Username: bluegirl80
Character name: Tess
Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, tall, not well fed.
Personality: She can be nasty, she can be kind, she has sweetspots, and evil spots.
History: Her mother was rude, her father killed in the Hunger Games. (Her mother was 16 when she was born) Her mother left her on the streets.
District: 2
Skills: Shes good with a knife, bow and arrow and she knows her herbs/plants
Other:

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 12 July 2011 at 11:20 PM

Username: Taffy789
Character name: Yellow
Appearance: Brown hair, yellow eyes
Personality: Some what mean,
History: A thief. 😃
District:7
Skills: Knifes, sneaking around
Other: She's awesome. XD

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 12 July 2011 at 11:27 PM

@ladybugheart So that makes me District 4 right? ^^

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 13 July 2011 at 12:22 AM

@choocalate @bluegirl180 @taffy789
Sorry, but there are only going to be four districts for now, as I don't think 24 RPers is likely. ^^' Right now we only need a boy from 2, a boy from 1, and a girl from 2. 😊

Or maybe we could have all 12 districts, but only one tribute from each! What do you guys think? :]

@trish Yep! ^^

Deleted • 13 July 2011 at 10:55 AM

@ladybugheart Yeah we should do one tribute from each.

Deleted • 13 July 2011 at 8:04 PM

Sure!!

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 13 July 2011 at 8:08 PM

That's cool. 😃

Deleted • 13 July 2011 at 8:11 PM

@taffy789 Wanna have Yellow and Tess join up sometime durring the hunger games like Katniss and Rue did?

Deleted • 13 July 2011 at 8:13 PM

5 more.
@avelaingia
@smilies
@chloekins
@icicle_95150
Career pack!
District one,four,and two.
@trish
@carnatate
@cutebluekittykat

Deleted • 13 July 2011 at 8:18 PM

@cutebluekittykat Tess has a little bit of Hunger Games traqining. Lots of people call her a Career.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 13 July 2011 at 8:20 PM

@cutebluekittykat Three is not Career. 😋
@bluegirl80 Career pack is only made of 1,2, & 4.

Deleted • 13 July 2011 at 8:21 PM

@trish I know I read the books, but random people say she should be one. She trains everyday because she has to enter for the grain so many times because she supports herself.