The Hunger Games Roleplay

in Roleplaying

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 3:02 PM

@pegasasu .... I didn't understand that X)

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 3:04 PM

[@smilies Valarie asked Hash if he was a career. Then she said "maybe we'll be allies"]

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 3:35 PM

@pegasasu O_o

# Hash # District 10 #
"Me? No way," he laughed. "We don't have careers in district 10."
We know how to use knives, slingshots and such though, because wolves and other big predators aren't uncommon.

( Making stuff up >_< )

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 4:08 PM

"Nice. There aren't any Careers in District 9 either, so I suppose that means my death might be nice and quick, in the beginning. So that they won't have hope. Hope... All hope does is lead you on, it makes you think you have a chance. At least with death it's over. There's grieving, but death ends it. But hope, no, hope leads you on, hope makes you keep fighting for something that isn't there. Something that will NEVER. BE. THERE."

Valarie said angrily, more to herself then to Hash. She was ranting now. She threw more daggers, her aim no where close to the targets.

@smilies

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 4:17 PM

###
Hash leaned back and looked up at the ceiling. "I guess so," he agreed quietly. "Maybe I'm lucky in that."

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 4:28 PM

[@smilies Heheh. I got that inspiration from a TV show 😸 ]

Valarie - District 9

Valarie took a deep breath, trying to regain her composure. She didn't want to flip out, anyways. She wouldn't have much time before the Games began, much time before she would have to start killing again [BACKSTORY! 😃 No, not the Hunger Games, something in her District 😊 ].

"Do you want me to show you a few traps and snares? You know, cause you helped me with my aim and daggers."

Valarie offered.

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 4:31 PM

@pegasasu

###
"Okay. Thanks." Trying to use as few words as possible and still be friendly= difficult.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 4:38 PM

Valarie - District 9

Valarie walked over to the snares and traps section, waving Hash along.

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 4:44 PM

###
Followed.

@pegasasu XD

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 4:48 PM

Valarie - District 9

Valarie sat down and began twirling her fingers in ropes and twine that were available at the station. She smiled as her hands worked at intricate knots and tied things into other things... She soon forgot Hash was there, but then remembered that he was waiting for a lesson of some sort.

"So, do you know anything, um, basic with traps?"

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 4:55 PM

###
I knew a bit from watching everyone else, but Valarie was really good. I stared blankly at the ropes. "Not really."

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 5:10 PM

Valarie - District 9

Valarie tossed a rope at Hash.

"I guess we should start with simple traps then. Just do what I do, 'kay?"

Valarie explained, picking up a rope for herself. She worked slowly so that Hash would hopefully understand what she was doing.

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 5:15 PM

###
I was usually a fast learner but I didn't like this at all. It was so infuriatingly slow. It striked me that hunters were so much more suited to the games than any other occupation: they would have no trouble finding food and once you know how to kill animals, how hard are humans?

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 5:27 PM

Valarie - 9

"Are you okay?"

Valarie asked Hash, seeing his agitated look. Hunting was good for her. Perhaps the Games wouldn't be as hard for her as other non-Career Tributes. If she could just picture them all as animals, they were all animals, not humans, not innocent, she had to kill them for her family to survive, she had to...

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 5:30 PM

###
"I'm just- thinking. I'm not good at this." My expression hardened and I concentrated more on the snare.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 5:34 PM

Valarie - 9

Valarie nodded curtly, continuing to work on the snare. Within a few minutes, it was done.

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 5:43 PM

###
I finished not long after and tossed it down, realizing I had disobeyed my mentor's instructions. She was going to be mad. "Thanks," I told the girl and stalked off.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 5:50 PM

Valarie longed to continue working at snares and traps but remembered her mentors instructions and decided to go work with an axe instead. She wasn't good with an axe at all, which was why she decided to work with it.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 22 October 2011 at 6:14 PM

~Jade. District 4~

Well, I certainly didn't give a petal about training.
I just sat here, in the corner, observing my opponents.

I saw an Asian girl and a guy I think who's name is Hash Brown. But since Hash Brown wasn't giving much an effort, I continued to observe the Asian.

And I am seriously disappointed. The Careers this year don't seem to be.....good enough. Especially with that girl -ugh- who should be a Career but didn't.
We could've been frienemies, now she's my enemy.

Frienemies = Friend + enemy. 😋

Deleted • 22 October 2011 at 6:15 PM

@Smilies @Pegasasu Sorry guys. Blehhh.

`~~~`~~~`~~~`
My stomache twisted and turned as I felt a sharp object peirce my side. I walk over to Hash and Valarie trying to hide it from everyone. "So do you have any allies?" I ask. "I'm not going to be one of the careers this year. Was with them last year, they dont really.... make it fair. First thing you know your one of them, next there litterally stabbing your back." I laugh.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 6:24 PM

[@bluegirl80 It's okay 😊]

"I don't think so yet."

Valarie said regretfully, deciding to work on her upper body strength. It ran in the family, and her little sisters enjoyed climbing trees with Valarie often. Maybe she could use that to her advantage.

Deleted • 22 October 2011 at 6:28 PM

@Pegasasu

Tess sighed, starting to feel light-headed because of blood loss. I sit down and begin to lie down when I feel another knife plunged into my back. "OWWWWWWWWW!" I scream in pain.

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 6:29 PM

@bluegirl80 Why is she doing this twice? DX My character is now going to assume she's a bloodthirsty maniac...

###
I zoned out for a bit then started when I realize a girl was talking to me. Last year? What, is she crazy? I raised an eyebrow. "Remind me what this game is about..?" I told her quietly and sauntered off.
There was a girl using the same strategy as my mentor had decided for me, she wasn't training. I kept my distance and watched her. She'd probably notice.

@trish

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 6:32 PM

Valarie turned around when she heard screaming and saw some tall girl with brown hair and blue eyes screaming and bleeding.

"Are you okay?"

Valarie said, rushing over to the girl. Valarie wondered what would happen if a Tribute died before the Games began. Would another Tribue from that district have to be chosen? Valarie couldn't imagine the pain of thinking she was safe for another year and then getting drafted.

@bluegirl80

Deleted • 22 October 2011 at 6:32 PM

@Smilies she was in the whitness protection program so they said "You have to go in or people will think that your in this program."

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 October 2011 at 6:33 PM

@bluegirl80 O_O What...

Deleted • 22 October 2011 at 6:35 PM

@Smilies Okay her backstory: She is actually 14. She went into the games because she volunteered for a 18 year old girl who was challenged. (The last one) When she won, and returned she saw a man trying to kill the mayor. They tried to kill her so she was put into whitness protection. She was givin the role of a 12 year old. She HAD to have her name in because she was under a different identity.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 22 October 2011 at 6:43 PM

~Jade. District 4~

I rolled my eyes at that bloody girl.
Apparently, I enjoyed that. I would definitely take pleasure to see that quitter dead before the games.

Then I realize Hash Brown was watching me.
Well, I wasn't exactly doing anything. Like him.
I bet he's actually smart.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 October 2011 at 6:47 PM

Valarie - 9

Valarie glared at the girl who just seemingly rolled her eyes and stood there. Sure, Valarie was fine with blood, and she was fine with killing people like she did a few months ago [BACKSTORY! 😃], but she was pretty sensitive and would want people to help her if she was bleeding on the ground. Of course, in the Games, Valarie would probably just end their suffering and shoot an arrow at them.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 22 October 2011 at 6:52 PM

~Jade. 4.~

I matched Asian girl's glare. "Chinky eyes." I said.
If she thinks she can kill me, then she's wrong.
"Oh, I remember the Games where the District 9 tributes both died on the same day." I chuckled to myself.