The Hunger Games Roleplay

in Roleplaying

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 7 January 2012 at 9:16 PM

@pegasasu
You can make her older. xD I don't think you mentioned her age anywhere.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 7 January 2012 at 9:21 PM

@ladybugheart

Okay thanks xD I forgot she was 12 😋 She'll be... Uh... 15!

---

Valarie ~ District 9

I watched the little girl slide through her interview, giggling and smiling innocently. Occasionally she would give a shy sniffle or a melancholy sigh, but other then that she seemed so in control. Perhaps everything was planned, she was one of the Tributes that got the highest scores.

9,386 posts

smilies • 7 January 2012 at 9:31 PM

# Hash # District 10 #
Suddenly I had a flashback. My mentor, speaking quietly to the Avox who brought in the food, pausing when I entered, and giving me a sly smile.
I had thought nothing of it. I looked out into the audience and saw Sylvania wink at me.
FREAKING ****!
Mentally, I cursed her in every way I knew possible.
I don't know what she was up to, but it looked pretty much like sabotage.
Ugh. My head was pounding.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 7 January 2012 at 10:11 PM

Melody ~ 11

I intently watch ten interviews, trying to figure out each tributes' strategies. The girl from Five is obviously going for cute, although it seems to come naturally. I see my mentor in the crowd, obsessed with picking something out of his hair.

My turn is announced, and I shakily stand, smiling softly. My dark hair flows behind me, as I step up and take a seat across from Caesar Flickerman. He sprays something weird in his mouth and begins to fire questions at me.

"Melody Brooks, it's a pleasure to have you here," he beams. "Let's begin. What was your life like, back at home?" He's breathing all over my face. It smells minty.

"I lived alongside the orchards; the leaves were like my home," I reply wistfully.

"Oh, yes," he nods. "District Eleven's orchards do seem quite nice. Do you miss your district?" he asks.

"I did enjoy waking up early and watching the sunrise," I say, pausing as if in memory. "Now I only have my district token." I lift my golden locket. The cameras zoom in on my necklace. "It was a gift from my friend." I smile softly.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 7 January 2012 at 10:32 PM

Jade, 4.

It was my turn now. I walked out to the stage, smiling and giving a small wave to the audience.

"So this is Emmett Brown's tribute. Jade Cruz. So, let's start! What was life back in District 4?" Caesar asks.

As I planned, I delicately pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Well, Caesar, I miss the sea. But hopefully, what belongs to the sea will always return to the sea. Right?" I tentatively smiled and clutched my emerald trident necklace, like it was my heart.

The audience broke into harmonious 'Awwws' of sympathy and slight charm.

"Well that is sweet! Favors are you could return to the sea." Caesar winked and smiled. "What parts of the Capital have impressed you the most so far?"

"Well, the shower system is luxury, and that pond in the garden will always hold a memory in my heart. Not to mention the people here are so trendy!" Jade said, flattering the audience.

*Will continue later*

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 7 January 2012 at 11:03 PM

"It's beautiful," Caesar remarks. "So, how have you been liking the Capitol so far? What has impressed you the most?"

"It's amazing here!" I say. "I just loved the garden; it reminds me of my home. The variety of trees were as beautiful as those in the orchards. And the Morning Glories wrapped around were a magnificent touch."

"The colors are gorgeous in the early morning," Caesar agrees. "So, let's get on the topic of the arena. How do you feel about it, now that it's only a day away?"

"If the odds are in my favor, it can't go to bad," I smile. "I'm sure some aspects will be on my side."

"Oh?" he grins. "That sounds interesting. Why don't we let those aspects unfold as the Games do?" he suggests, smiling.

"Now," he continues, "when I saw your dress, I had thought it was plain. But up close, the designs are glorious! I could hardly pull my eyes away." The cameras zoom in on me, making the tiny, delicate designs that were once hidden now visible. The audience gasps. I spin around, letting my dress shimmer. My hair flows around me. The audience loves it.

Looking at me, I really could be free, somewhere in an orchard.

The buzzer goes off, and the audience applauds as I return to my seat.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 8 January 2012 at 9:09 AM

((@ladybugheart Can we all just post our interview at the same time and pretend they went in order?))

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 8 January 2012 at 1:44 PM

[ @pegasasu
Yush. =3]

5,632 posts

linpug • 16 January 2012 at 12:54 PM

I watch the interviews. I know the girl, Jade, is weak, I start to wonder if she would even stand a chance against me. Then the unpleasant thought of me killing her myself jumps into my mind. Of course, I'm not afraid of her killing me, but I would pity her being so weak and being unfortunate to encounter me. Of course, she would have a chance if she didn't find me. But of course, I would probably not even kill her myself, because the odds are in my favor at that.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 16 January 2012 at 4:49 PM

Valarie ~ District 9

I waltzed up the stairs to the stage, the layers of the dress gliding wistfully behind me. I brushed my midnight hair out of my eyes bashfully, giving a shy but bright smile to the audience. Caesar looked at me, seemingly evaluating my appearance.

'Shy girl, sweet girl, sob story...'

I thought to myself, reiterating the words in my head with loud echos. I wanted to shake the burdenous words off, but I could hardly think of Anastasia's response. Who cared about Anastasia anyways? I had my own idea in mind.

"Everybody let's welcome our wonderful District 9 Tribute, Valaria!"

Caesar called out to the audience, raising his arms as if calling for the aplause.

{Post please?}

Deleted • 16 January 2012 at 6:53 PM

Post.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 18 January 2012 at 12:12 AM

"So, Jade. As we all know, how are you feeling since the Games start tomorrow? Anything in the arena you hope for?" Caesar asks.

"Um. Well, Caesar, I do hope for large bodies of water. I'm an excellent swimmer just like anybody else back home, so I'll feel strongest when I'm near water. It's like my sanctuary."

"Ooh. I'll look forward seeing you in the arena! Oh! And, Jade, do you have any words you'd like to say to your fellow tributes?" Caesar asks, and suddenly the whole audience is curious.

"Oh yes. Stay out of the water. That's my territory. And I'll not afraid to defend it." Jade said fiercely. And she gave a twirl of her emerald trident necklace, suddenly gleaming brightly.

The buzzer went off, and the audience cheers and claps.

9,386 posts

smilies • 19 January 2012 at 12:23 AM

# District 10 # Hash #

All too soon, it was my turn. I barely heard the announcement, but with the cameras locking onto me and everything, it was pretty hard to miss. On my best day, I'd wonder how I could possibly follow the previous acts. Right now, I felt too awful to even think about it. I stumbled slightly on the way to my seat, and was thankful the light makeup covered my embarrassment.
Caesar noticed instantly something was wrong. He hesitated, then apparently decided to plow through, even if he had to drag the dead meat (a.k.a me) along.
"Hash," he started warmly. "How are you feeling?"
I looked at him. There were about five of him, and they were all looming over me like skyscrapers.
Happily, I thought what an easy question that was. "Not good."
The kid wasn't thinking straight, Caesar winced. "You... Miss home?" He suggested weakly.
Luckily, he was saved from having to continue the disasterous interview, because the kid fainted.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 20 January 2012 at 2:24 PM

Valarie ~ District 9

"So Valarie, what was your life like back at your home in 9?"

Caesar began, leaning forward in his chair as I pondered my answer thoughtfully. I was supposed to be a pitiful girl, tears spouting like a downpour of crystalline rain. I had sudden second thoughts about my personality.

"My life revolved around my family. Rosemarie, Dawn, and... Emerald."

Valarie began her answer, a wistful echo to her demure smile. Streaks of violet in mystifying eyes shone through, like desperate rays of sunlight rising triumphantly behind clouds. I close my eyes and turn the ring around my finger slowly in intervals of three. Threes, threes, threes. Three times, three times. The platinum was made of four interlocked bands that merged to one in the front.

I was thinking of Emerald, brilliant green eyes wide with horror as the replay of my body being torn apart by swarms of arrows or sliced by swords. I blinked back tears that I dared not let fall, remembering my plan. Three times to blink, blink three times.

"Such beautiful names, I imagine they have as much pulchritude as you show us today."

Caesar replied fondly, smiling with brilliant white teeth.

Deleted • 20 January 2012 at 3:29 PM

Tess~ District 2~

I walk out on stage and Caesar sprays an awful smelling spray in him mouth. I ask to take my jacket off, he says yes. I take it off and he looks horrified. "So what is your favortie part of the Capitol?" he asks me.

"Well... the weapons, I know how to use all of them, since I tested weapons." I try to make my answer last a minute or so, that way he wont be able to ask that many.

"Ah I see..." he answers. "How do you think the games will go? How do you feel, them starting tommorow?"

"Im not that worried," I hesitate thinking of what to say. "I just hope that...... there are pelnty of trees and caves." I say dragging time farther out.

"One last question. Anything to say to the other tributes?"

"May the odds ever be in your favor. Good luck."

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 20 January 2012 at 3:52 PM

Valarie ~ District 9

I beamed, a radiant smile shining a brilliant personality to the audience.

"They're precious to me. Rosemarie just turned 12 this year, but I couldn't let her sign up for tessarae. Dawn is getting closer, and I just can't imagine Emerald..."

Valarie choked up, closing her eyes. She turned the ring again, intervals of three, three intervals of three.

"This is all I have left of them. Our token."

Valarie slid the finger off of her finger ever so gently, as if the ring might collapse into fragments of broken dreams by the breeze of the wind.

"That's quite beautiful, I can imagine that the audience and I alike both hope you may return to your sisters again."

Caesar put his hand on her arm with a reassuring smile.

9,386 posts

smilies • 20 January 2012 at 4:04 PM

Yay! So now everyone thinks Hash is weak AND sickly XD
I don't blame the random people i forgot who are his allies if they ditch him XD

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 20 January 2012 at 4:21 PM

@smilies

Well, Valarie needs all the help she can get (Even if it IS weak and sickly help 😋 XD)
---
Valarie ~ District 9

"So Valarie... What parts of the Capitol have impressed you the most so far?"

Caesar asked, his cool, minty breath cascading around her tanned face in icy wisps. Valarie sat up, already having thought this question through.

"The music. Even the voices of the people are so melodious, each word like a note in perfect intonation with the harmony of the wind..."

Valarie let her words drift off with an eloquent ring, the words like a memory forever etched in the hearts of the audience.

"Really?"

Caesar asked, clearly intrigued.

"Would you mind singing a few notes for us? I'm sure that your voice is as magnificent as your outfit."

Caesar complimented as Valarie twirled in her extravagant dress. She smiled bashfully before the music swept her away. Vibrato reverberated in both the corridors of the stage and the minds of the people.

9,386 posts

smilies • 20 January 2012 at 4:23 PM

@Pegasasu Weak and sickly isn't help, it's a burden XD

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 20 January 2012 at 6:11 PM

This should be the roleplay's (Or even the trilogy's) theme song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LU5Km3fSoU

@smilies Disposable ally! 😋
---
Valarie ~ District 9

"I must say, that was astonishing, Valarie. Let's hear it for that voice!"

Caesar called, receiving an applause in response. I felt like I was in some kind of musical, not a game show with my death wish written all over it.

"So do you hope for anything in particular in the arena?"

Caesar asked Valarie, leaning in to get the inside scoop.

"Lush forests would be just wonderful. I can already feel the undergrowth under my skin, the branches interlocking with thick green leaves..."

Valarie drifted, imagining a beautiful arena. But of course, that wouldn't happen. The Capitol would want something more lethal.

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 January 2012 at 12:34 AM

I feel defensive when the weak career, Jade, says "Oh yes. Stay out of the water. That's my territory. And I'll not afraid to defend it." l make a note that if I find her in a pond, I would teasingly play in it.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 22 January 2012 at 12:36 AM

"It's almost funny and I can smell his breath. It's so stinky. I back away a bit, trying to make it look like a shy motion. I think he notices something and sprays something into his mouth."

"He sprays something weird in his mouth and begins to fire questions at me."

"I walk out on stage and Caesar sprays an awful smelling spray in him mouth."

"...His cool, minty breath cascading around her tanned face in icy wisps."

It's funny how differently we all convey similar messages about Caesar's breath. xD

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 January 2012 at 12:38 AM

@ladybugheart I was so proud that I escaped everyone else's repetitiveness XD

It's fun watching everyone else do well, and then doing awful XD

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 January 2012 at 12:40 AM

When does the days in the arena start? 😊

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 22 January 2012 at 12:41 AM

@linpug
Soon. Maybe in a few days. I still have to create the arena, though. xD

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 January 2012 at 12:49 AM

It feels so weird that i'm teaming up with... hash. o_e

I push the weakling, jade, out of my mind and I think of hash. He is obviously strong and suppressing his talent (At least I think) I wonder about the arena. I hope there would be trees. I wonder if I should go into the cornucopia or get out of there fast. I decide, when If I get a sword, fast, I would go get the good stuff in there.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 22 January 2012 at 1:15 AM

@linpug Can you like stop always putting Jade into negative thoughts? I feel like your picking on me. )X

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 January 2012 at 9:58 AM

@trish Huh o_e Of course not X) I'm making my character underestimate yours. (Which Is very bad) Also, it's silly how she thinks she can defeat her, a career, easily. (Which she probably can't) But if you don't like it, I'll stop. 😉

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 January 2012 at 11:17 AM

@ladybugheart

...CURSES! XD I'm almost done with my interview 😃
---
Valarie ~ District 9

"Last question before we continue onto the next tribute... Is there anything you'd like to say to other tributes, the Capitol, or anybody who may be watching?"

Caesar asked, bringing a close to the conversation. Three beats of a pause. 27 words. 42 syllables. Divisible by three. I could feel my heart racing, my mind running and counting. Threes, threes, threes. My eyes went blank, fogged with a cloudy haze. Out of the mist I could see Anastasia, shaking her head, probably cursing. Three Anastasias. Threes.

"May the odds be ever... ever in your f-favor."

The words fell out of my mouth in a disheveled clutter, a generic response. Nine words, though. Three beats of a pause. 12 syllables. That encouragement gave me just enough grace to seemingly float off the stage with a demure smile.

9,386 posts

smilies • 31 January 2012 at 3:23 PM

@Ladybugheart .x.