The Hunger Games Roleplay

in Roleplaying

Deleted • 18 March 2012 at 10:22 AM

@bunnyshadow
Tess- 2
I woke up the next morning and changed into the 'uniform', which was dull and boring. A small breakfast of toast and eggs was awaiting me- I was quite sad, I had been wanting bacon, but oh well-. My mentor took me down to the small room and placed me on a platform, which then assended up into the arena. I heard someones voice- yet I was not sure who- counting backwards from 10. I looked over at all the other tributes who stood 40 yards from the cournucopia, and I noticed Melody; something glistening off her finger. Hopefully it would be the ring. "5-4-3-2-1" I heard the voice say and I shot out forward. I grabbed a bow and a sheath of arrows. My arms also grabbed a green pack. I started to run but hesitated. I saw the tribute from district 8 running for her life, kill her or team up? Then I just stopped dead in my tracks.

5,632 posts

linpug • 18 March 2012 at 12:19 PM

@asi
@bunnyshadow
@bluegirl80
@trish
The gong never rang out. @ladybugheart decides when that happens, and she isn't online. ^.^ The gong is going to ring out after everyone posts that they are ready for it. 😉 (Ladybugheart told me)

This means your all going going to start over. :x

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 18 March 2012 at 12:31 PM

@linpug is correct; however, the main thing that I'm concerned about is that hardly anyone has been following the rules I've posted on page 26. Let's wait for some people to go into the arena before we continue. ^^

@bluegirl80 Melody can't be wearing the ring because she already has another district token. 😉 Instead, I had her wear it during the interview if that's okay with you. 😊

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 18 March 2012 at 1:35 PM

@ladybugheart Whoops ._.

5,632 posts

linpug • 18 March 2012 at 3:15 PM

Yeah. 😋 I can't wait to start though (:<

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 18 March 2012 at 4:02 PM

@ladybugheart Ah well, when they say "Let the 86th Hunger Games begin", the gong usually sounds right after it so we just assumed. XD

Will pause right here. ._.

Female
533 posts

dewpaw • 18 March 2012 at 6:29 PM

@bluegirl80

Venta's disc rose slowly up through the ground into the arena. She scanned the horizon deciding where she should go after she got a weapon. She glanced over to the cornucopia, packs, supplies, and weapons littered the ground. A glistening bow and a sheath of arrows were about 10 yards away, two backpacks about 6 yards, and a loaf of District 9 bread about 3 yards away from her feet along with many other items. She hoped that buried somewhere in the mound of weapons a few axes waited for her...
Venta craned her neck looking at the other tributes, she spotted the girl from 2, Tess. They had spoken about being allies earlier, she hoped Tess remembered. Just then Tess turned her head, and Venta mouthed the word, "Allies?" Hoping Tess had understood.

Female
16,170 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 March 2012 at 6:34 PM

@ladybugheart oh, whoops xD i just saw you sister post that the gong rang and that she killed everyone whatsoever so ia ssumed we could start x)

let me repost my earlier post xD
~~~
Sylvia ~ 8

The metal circle stopped and I quickly take a look around to see some ponds, trees and slopes. I see the cornucopia and get rrady to run for it. I see an purple backpack and decide to go for it when the gong rings. Two knives were nearby it and if possible, I'll try to grab them too. Ill escape into the southern woods, grabbing as many supplies along the way, and hopefully some bread.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 18 March 2012 at 10:00 PM

If you went early I'd like to ask that you re-did your post, as it adds confusion. 😉 When someone starts before everyone else is ready, others who decide to go early too will only interact with those who have already started. The people who haven't yet gone would be, in the roleplay, going at the same time, but because they haven't posted yet nobody can interact with them. There are also other things that result from going early, although I wanted to point that one out. ^^ Additionally, please avoid saying things such as "Luckily, nobody wanted to take this item" or "Nobody came to attack me." The main thing I'm trying to emphasize in the rules is to give others a chance to attack you; saying those things could be considered a form of god-modding, as you're talking about not what your character is doing, but rather what other peoples' characters want to do or whether they are attacking you. Also, saying something like you "ran to the cornucopia, took a backpack, and dashed out" in one post states that nobody attacked you or tried to fight you for that backpack. Another user wouldn't be able to attack you or try to take that item, because you already stated that you were gone. I understand that the bloodbath is a more difficult part to roleplay, so make sure you're doing your part to avoid confusion. 😊

Female
16,170 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 March 2012 at 11:15 PM

@ladybugheart Oh, ok .-. So we make one sentence long posts? XD
But what if other users never post if they quit or on a hiatus?

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 18 March 2012 at 11:19 PM

@bunnyshadow

This is a literate roleplay, so I shouldn't be seeing one-liners. 😉

That won't be a problem, I have it covered. ^^
Edit: It appears that everyone has either posted or replied to my PM and should be posting soon. 😊

Female
16,170 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 March 2012 at 11:26 PM

@ladybugheart thrn how do we give People an chance to attack? Post an examPle?

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 18 March 2012 at 11:32 PM

@bunnyshadow
Things that take place in a short period of time, such as going to get supplies as the gong rings out, don't have to be described in small amounts of writing. 😉 You can read other users' posts as an example once the gong sounds. ^^

Female
16,170 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 March 2012 at 11:36 PM

@ladybugheart Ok

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 19 March 2012 at 5:24 AM

@ladybugheart Editing and reposting~ this okay?

# Hash # D10
I knew I probably had a dumb blank expression on my face like, "WTH is going on, I've still got a hangover from last night, so could we please backpaddle?", and chances were that I was all over TV and everyone everywhere was going, "Whoops, that kid was meant to be on the paddlepop commercial, not the Hunger Games.... Too late now, heh."
Or something. Similar.
SNAP OUT OF IT.
I looked around, examining the terrain. THe first thought that came to Zombie's mind was, "Couldn't they have thought of something a little more exciting?"
I realize this is a bad thing, because if the terrain looks fine....
My eyes zoned in on the hills. That's where I wanted to be. I'd just grab some stuff on the way as I ran, if I could.
I remembered I had an ally. Allies. Whatever.
Well. I could hardly communicate with them now.
I waited.

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 March 2012 at 3:45 PM

Repost ^w^

I'm lifted up from my circle, and the arena encloses me. I'm so nervous. I take a small breath to ease myself, and I try not to move, because I don't want the land mines to go off.

I look around fo hash. He's about 3 tributes to my right, but I once I see 3 girls looking at him dreamily, I forget him.

I view the cornicorpia. So many things catch my eye, but I could never get them all. The things that stick out in my are a crate of food, a blanket , and a purple backpack, and, then something right next to the purple blanket, I find a two swords. One has a wooden sheeth, but the other, is much better, like the ones I saw in the training grounds.

Then I look at the area. In frount of me, I see trees, and next to that, some grass. Then I see a lake and a slope near my right.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 22 March 2012 at 6:43 PM

Gong sounds. (:

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 March 2012 at 6:55 PM

Lauri~ 5

I'm not near to done planning when the gong rings out. I dash out to the center of the cornucopia. I grab a bottle of Iodine right next to me. I know it would be very important, to purify water.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 22 March 2012 at 7:00 PM

@linpug
Did you read the Cornucopia rules?
Your character just snatched four items in one post. ;P

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 March 2012 at 7:02 PM

@ladybugheart You edit your post? D:< Well, I edit mine (:<

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 22 March 2012 at 10:10 PM

@ladybugheart Would a backpack be considered one object even though it's packed with stuff inside?

Female
16,170 posts

bunnyshadow • 22 March 2012 at 11:13 PM

Sylvia ~ D8
~~~
Sylvia ran for the cornucopia as the gong rang, heading for a purple backpack.

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 March 2012 at 11:14 PM

Then I run to the purple backpack, inside the cornucopia. The district 8 girl is running for it too, but luckily, there are two.

Female
16,170 posts

bunnyshadow • 22 March 2012 at 11:24 PM

@linpug i wont attack you, you wont attack me, and we both take all items in cornucopia then run off in differet directions? x) is a deal? 😋
~~~
Sylvia ~ D8

Sylvia spotted a small girl reach down for a purple backpack furthur down. Sylvia grabbed a few daggere lieing nearby the Purple back pack, ans swinging the backpsck over hee shoulder, she ran towards some iodine to purify her water:

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 22 March 2012 at 11:29 PM

# Hash # D10 #
As soon as the gong rang out, I started sprinting for the hills, which was also in the direction of the cornucopia and the lake.

Female
16,170 posts

bunnyshadow • 22 March 2012 at 11:32 PM

Sylvia ~ D8

Sylvia spotted a boy sprinting for the hills and took one of the daggers and threw it at running figure, it whistled through the air; and Sylvia hoped it'll hit. She grabbed the iodine, and headed deeper into the cornucopia, towards some bread.

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 March 2012 at 11:38 PM

Lauri~ 5
I dash for the backpack seeing the girl from 8 dash away caring one. "That was my only chance" I think. I sprint to a sword, and pick it up. The sheath is brown leather, and the handle is also brown. I draw it out of it's sheath. The sword is silver. Then I charge for the bunny's shadow.

Also, @bunnyshadow @asi is NOT a girl o.o (only boy in the arena)

Female
16,170 posts

bunnyshadow • 22 March 2012 at 11:48 PM

@linpug Edited 😋
~~~
Sylvia ~ D8

Sylvia turned around to see the small girl charging at her with a sword.

5,632 posts

linpug • 22 March 2012 at 11:52 PM

@bunnyshadow Right...

Lauri~ 5 I jump in front of Sylvia, only a few inches away. "Hey!" I giggle. "Can I have that backpack?" I motion to the backpack sling across her shoulder, but keep my sword positioned upright. Then I notice another purple backpack a foot away from her feet. "Oh well" I think, "It's to late now."

Female
16,170 posts

bunnyshadow • 22 March 2012 at 11:56 PM

Sylvia ~ D8

"No.", Sylvia said coldly, and used her foot to kick a spear up, her signature weapon. It flew in the air and Sylvia caught it's look wooden handle. She hefted it, and held it in front of her. "Do you rrwlly want to cross me?"