March Creature Suggestion: Potogold

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Main thoughts?

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 10 August 2015 at 9:30 PM

#creaturesuggestion

http://tinypic.com/r/i26b8z/8 (child/first stage can be made smaller than teen/second stage)

Hi guy~ this is my first creature suggestion. I've finally gotten around to making one... Please give constructive criticism if there's something that can be improved, and I apologize if the quality's not that good... I drew this on Notability.

Also, if this gets made, it can be a CSP monthly or a cave monthly or a seasonal or a Dragold's creature or a CSP specifically for St. Patrick's' Day or a cave creature specifically for St. Patrick's Day or something that randomly appears in everyone's cove; whatever would make the moderators happy. I just want it made...

To first/child stage: 777 clicks
To second/teen stage: 1500 clicks

About Potogold Eggs

Potogold eggs are extremely heavy. So far, all Potogold eggs have been found either nestled among clover patches or wedged between dark jagged stones. Some Arkians have observed that the eggs found amongst the clover hatch into friendlier, more social Potogolds whereas the ones between stones grow up to be more hostile and reclusive. The Science and Research Center is currently investigating these claims.

More About the Potogold

Potogolds have a tendency to carry large quantities of gold on their heads. This has lead to them being frequently sought after by people looking to attain wealth. Potogolds, both those born in stone and born in clover, love to watch people and sometimes choose to appear to those they believe have a brave and noble heart. It is considered good luck to even see a Potogold, regardless of whether it presents you with gold.

As Potogolds mature, they secrete a rainbow colored mist which, if touched, causes people to dance uncontrollably and see everything in shades of green. This may last anywhere from seven minutes to three weeks. To avoid this, some choose to extract gold from a Potogold's mouth as opposed to its hand. This is not advisable, as Potogolds have very sharp teeth and heavy jaws, the weight of which may inadvertently cause them to chomp off people's arms. If you want to collect gold from a mature Potogold, wear gloves!

Pings:
@shun-m
@iceiceice
@kschr26
@immortalraven
@polaroid

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 11 August 2015 at 6:09 PM

@lykhaos117
First off, really nice artwork XD I'm very inconsistent with my digital art so I find it really impressivee.

Personally, I prefer beast-like creatures, but I find this creature to be cute too πŸ˜ƒ I think the egg stage is my favorite because of the little clovers.

I also like the rainbow mist coming out from the last stage is cool too and the description along with it (seeing green, making people dance.... XD )

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 11 August 2015 at 6:12 PM

@iceiceice

Thank you! ❀️

Livepulse pings:

@chocolatechip
@despair
@dragonnn
@queens

Female
127 posts

chocolatechip • 11 August 2015 at 6:17 PM

I think my favorite stage is the egg, but I wish there was a bigger difference between stages two and three. That said, I would hoard these even after St Paty's day! ❀️

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 11 August 2015 at 6:24 PM

@chocolatechip

Thanks for your input! I'll make sure to add more variety to future suggestions. ❀️

Livepulse pings:

@immortalraven
@raitonchidori
@rosaline_kaye
@xoxo5959

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 11 August 2015 at 6:27 PM

@lykhaos117
I really like the egg stage. The last stage creeps me out o-o

Female
2,125 posts

xoxo5959 • 11 August 2015 at 6:29 PM

@lykhaos117

It's very original! I do agree to the fact that the sizing differences could be applied.
I'm very fond to the idea of the rainbow mist and it's side effects on Arkians.

I wish you luck on your suggestion c:

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 11 August 2015 at 6:31 PM

@immortalraven

Thanks for your input! ❀️ Is it the picture or the description or both that creeps you out?

@xoxo5959

Thanks! ❀️

Livepulse and SARC pings:

@lunamoonamare
@gymnastics001
@dawnfur

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 11 August 2015 at 6:33 PM

@lykhaos117
Just the teeth xD
No problem x3

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 11 August 2015 at 6:36 PM

More pings:

@gummiey
@poppydawn
@fakeworld
@midinite
@xxestherxx

Female
1,188 posts

gymnastics001 • 11 August 2015 at 6:36 PM

@lykhaos117 I love that creature! It looks so cute but so evil!!! I love it 😊

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 11 August 2015 at 6:44 PM

@gymnastics001

Thanks. ❀️

SARC pings:

@nanami
@kalika66
@nayotrie
@cutebirdy79

Female
74 posts

lunamoonamare • 11 August 2015 at 7:45 PM

eeeeeek! rainbows! i like it! I think it's a perfect fit for one of the st. paddy's day creatures

Female
309 posts

polaroid • 11 August 2015 at 8:26 PM

@Lykhaos117

Wow! 😱

I'm not the biggest fan of the concept of the creature in general but the art is fabulous.

I would love to see more creature suggestions from you soon ❀️❀️

edit; you should add a poll 😊

Female
679 posts

kschr26 • 12 August 2015 at 12:24 AM

@lykhaos117 Hi, I think this is really cute and I love the egg stage and the second stage!❀️

It also looks like a mischievous creature, and I wouldn't mind hoarding a couple of these!😸

Female
2,458 posts

ida92 • 12 August 2015 at 3:54 AM

@lykhaos117 It is very original. πŸ˜ƒ I like it, the egg looks awesome! 😊

738 posts

dragonnn • 12 August 2015 at 3:43 PM

@lykhaos117

Maybe wear gloves of reinforced metal of some sort, don't think leather will keep your hands safe. lol

This creature's great. I couldn't decide whether to comment or not since I don't have much to add or say about it (though I guess commenting increases its chances of being made, supposedly. I don't know how this choosing system works).

It's very unique, from my point of view. I'm usually not fond of living inanimate object based creatures unless they're done well, and I truly want to see this creature appear on Ark. It'd be good to have creatures unique to this world/site.

You combined a whole bunch of St. Patrick's day themes into one creature in a very creative way, while keeping folkloric danger (sharp teeth vs. desire for gold) and mythical abilities.

Awesome job.

EDIT- As @chocolatechip said, I'd also like for there to be a size difference between stages two and three, preferably with stage three being significantly larger than stage two.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 13 August 2015 at 6:16 PM

@polaroid

Added a poll! 😊

@dragonnn

Thanks! πŸ˜ƒ I'm very glad you decided to comment; it's nice to know what makes people like certain creatures, and your response was very insightful.

Also, the gloves are to put your hands in the rainbow mist. πŸ˜‹

Livepulse pings:

@teddy267
@angelrah
@firelost

Female
683 posts

firelost • 13 August 2015 at 6:19 PM

@lykhaos117
It's on rainbow fire!!!! *O*

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 13 August 2015 at 6:56 PM

@lykhaos117
OMG yes!!! I need it! NOW. πŸ˜ƒ

738 posts

dragonnn • 13 August 2015 at 7:02 PM

@lykhaos117

Ohhh, I see! So clothing/leather/material in general helps defend against the mist! Thanks for clearing that up! So you have to protect your pores from absorbing it...

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 13 August 2015 at 7:14 PM

More pings! πŸ˜ƒ

@scorch_cloud222
@yam
@silverserpent
@newlife
@novrain62

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 13 August 2015 at 7:48 PM

Huh. I like it. It's very original. Somehow a little creepy, though... o.O

103 posts

angelrah • 13 August 2015 at 9:03 PM

looking cool!

Female
562 posts

lenamilove • 16 August 2015 at 1:39 PM

@lykhaos117 This is really great, I hope it gets made 😊 I really love the part you wrote about behavioral differences in the species, it feels more... realistic, I suppose? Either way, I like it.

1,075 posts

possiegal • 19 August 2015 at 10:52 AM

groovy definetly something i would love to be made😊 @lykhaos117

Female
770 posts

loumina28 • 13 September 2015 at 1:27 AM

@lykhaos117 hehe. It's funny! I like your idea! Could you check my suggestion as well ? http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/55362

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 21 September 2015 at 6:02 PM

@lykhaos117
I really like it! I hope it gets made, I'd definitely would get one 😸

Trans Male
28 posts

paige • 28 September 2015 at 2:49 PM

I think this would be awesome for next St. Patrick's day in the Cave! Love the clovers/rainbows πŸ˜ƒ