The Enabled (Role-Play)

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 5 April 2016 at 11:19 AM

@lailaluckyseal87
@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe tensed up when Skyler grabbed her hand. She hated being touched. Chloe turned her head, listening for anything. It sounded like a he'd of Bulls were rampaging upstairs. She turned to Skyler. "Stay here. You're already hurt." The woman let go of Skyler's hand and raced upstairs. She turned a corner to see Vladan on top of Kita, who looked like she was on the edge of being unconscious. "What the [yeep] is going on?! Vladan! Get off of Kita! She has done NOTHING to you!"

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 5 April 2016 at 3:11 PM

@dada_dragon @lailaluckyseal87 @pitch1226

~~~

"I win!" Vladan shouted in glee. "I... always win." The man laughed out maniacally as he tightened his grip around her neck. "You are no match for me!" The sound of screaming and the door slamming open interrupted the peak of Vladan's power trip. Odilia rushed in the room, glad that Chloe had let her in. The lion ran around, confused as to what her job was. He released his grip around Kita's neck and turned in time to see Chloe run into the room.

The man moved off the woman and made to stand. "What do you think you're doing? Do you even have any idea what happened?" He yelled angrily. "She hit me first." Vladan yelled, ignoring the fact that it sounded like an argument of a 5 year old.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 5 April 2016 at 4:02 PM

@bunnyshadow

Chloe snarled, pushing her hair out of her eyes, "I don't have to know! I'm surprised Kita hadn't snapped before now! After everything you did to her? Granted she tried to steal your bag, but you stabbed her and kidnapped her. Yet Kita still brought you home when you needed her help!"

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 5 April 2016 at 6:54 PM

Kita gasped and coughed, holding her throat. She stayed on the floor, still in shock. She was vaguely aware of two people yelling, but she had other things to worry about.

She was afraid to stand, fearing that she would not be able to keep her balance while blinded. She held her hands in front of her face. Nothing. Just blackness...

The initial panic subsiding, she realized that though her vision was still dark, her sensory powers were slowly returning. Hazy, but better than nothing...

She turned in Vladan's direction.

"What did you do to me?" She demanded.

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 5 April 2016 at 7:13 PM

@pitch1226 @dada_dragon

~~~

"Shut up!" Vladan yelled at Chloe. "You aren't any better! Who do you think you are, inviting people into my home without permission? Who let you in here in the first place? If I'm not wrong, you broke into my home, imbecile." He turned towards Kita's form on the ground, pausing before speaking.

"I didn't do anything." The man whispered slowly. "You handle that on your own. Perhaps you shouldn't have tried anything out of your comfort zone--My power is beyond your reach, much less your control."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 5 April 2016 at 7:23 PM

Skyler was beginning to worry about what was going on upstairs. Using the wall for support she tried to pull herself up. She fell back to the ground with red dots exploding in front of her eyes.

She tried again to pull herself up and this time succeeded with only a little bit of pain. The red dots in front of her eyes faded away as she staggered towards the stairs. Once she reached the stairs she used the railing for full support. She saw Kita and gasped. "Kita?" She said as she staggered towards her and fell to the ground.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?" She asked with worry in her voice. "Is there anything i can do to help? I can't walk very well because..." Her voice trailed off because she hated talking about how she hurt her ankle. "I think i broke my ankle, but i can still help!" She looked at Kita, looking for injuries.

@bunnyshadow @dada_dragon @pitch1226

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 5 April 2016 at 7:43 PM

@bunnyshadow
@lailalucky

It took all of Chloe's self control for her not to go full attack mode on Vladan. Then she took a deep breathe. The woman put on a weak smile and shook her head. "You know what. I don't even know what I'm doing here. It was rude of me to come uninvited. So I'll be leaving." She turned around and looked at Odilia. "I'm sorry." Chloe walked down the stairs and out the door.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 5 April 2016 at 10:32 PM

So that was what happened... Whatever power she had used was Vladan's... No wonder his eyes were so bloodshot that morning...

"I'm fine." She said in Skyler's direction. "Unlike rich boy over there, I don't need my eyes..."

Her power was almost back to normal, despite her eyes being still out of commission. As if to prove her point, she walked up to Vladan and grabbed him by his shirt. She had intended to grab his collar, but they didn't need to know that. It probably looked deliberate enough. She handed him his phone.

"Call up your people and I'll get out of your hair. I'M not doing it. YOU do it." she said, prodding him in the chest with her index finger. "You owe me."

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, she felt a pang in her chest. No. He wasn't James. He would never be James.

@bunnyshadow
@lailaluckyseal87
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 6 April 2016 at 6:08 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226 @lailaluckyseal87

~~~

Vladan tried to convince himself that he was satisfied with Chloe's dramatic exit, but really he couldn't help but think about what the woman had said. He turned towards Kita, his anger beginning to flare once again. The man had been about to do it, but had changed his mind the second she had commanded him to do so. "No." He said simply. "Make me." Ignoring her physical advances.

-

Willow stared from the doorway at the dramatic scene that had commenced. She had heard the commotion from Vladan and Kita's fight, but had chosen to stay out of it. Chloe and Skyler had rushed in, along with the lioness, and she stared at the screaming fight that ensued. The result had been Chloe storming out, and Skyler worrying about Kita, and Vladan remaining the same arrogant, selfish self he had always been.

The woman slowly walked over to Kita, attempting to pull her off of Vladan. "Hey..." Willow trailed off. "Let me try to fix it for you."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 6 April 2016 at 7:43 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon
@lailaluckyseal87

Chloe walked home. She kicked a small pebble along the way, thinking about what had just happened. Part of the woman wanted to go back, but most was fed up with Vladan's [yeep]. When Chloe finally got home, she sat in her swivel chair and stared at her computer. She wasn't even in the mood to plan her next heist.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 6 April 2016 at 9:04 AM

Kita limped outside and sat down with her head in her hands. She sighed with a mixed feeling of Anger, Sadness, and confusion. She looked at her ankle angered because she couldn't do anything right with it.

She wondered where chloe was because she didn't see her inside, or anywhere.

@pitch1226 @bunnyshadow @dada_dragon

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 6 April 2016 at 12:23 PM

Kita pushed Willow's hand aside.

"I'm fine, Willow." She yelled, too angry at Vladan to consider her feelings. She turned on Vladan. "You've been giving orders the last two days, now perhaps you should consider taking some."

"I am sick of your rich kid attitude. You want me to make you? Fine. I wasn't always a good guy..."

She grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back, straining it to the point of breaking.

It was a gamble. He was stronger than she was, and he could very well know how to escape the hold. Not to mention she was at a slight disadvantage, being unable to see and depending only on touch and her sensory powers.

She didn't care.

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 6 April 2016 at 6:32 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Oooh." Vladan grunted at the sudden move that Kita made. "Feisty. Just how I like them...." The man trailed off and glanced at Odilia prowling nearby. "Come on darling, you know you can't win this one." However, he made no move to escape. "Break it." He said. "I dare you....." Vladan trailed off threateningly. "See what happens next. You're going to go missing--and no one is going to come looking." His grin was almost way too large for a situation as dire as this, and it was a shame that Kita wouldn't be able to see it.

-

Willow stared at the rapidly escalating situation. She had the choice to either flee or stay. The lion was staring intently at the scene, and Willow was afraid of what was going to happen if someone raised their voice any furthur, or if another fight broke out. Against her will, Willow decided to stay. Now she was faced with another choice--helping Vladan or helping Odilia. Vladan's aura was expanding in size, pulsing with a eerie black glow, the onyx having already consumed the red it had once been. Meanwhile, the speckles of white here and there in Kita's aura were beginning to fade, in replacement of jet black spots.

Was it her chance now? She had only seconds to act, but now was probably the best time. Willow was not prepared to die just yet.

The woman stepped back, and tackled Kita--making the decision to knock her out before taking out the more infamous of the duo--Vladan.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 6 April 2016 at 9:01 PM

Kita was so busy focusing on Vladan that she didn't notice Willow until she had made contact. Her head hit the floor hard, dazing her, but the carpet cushioned the blow a little.

"Willow! What are you..."

Was she going to try to fight Vladan? Willow was not a fighter, not like herself or Vladan. While fighting Vladan, Kita might have been at a disadvantage, but Willow was way out of her league.

But when she really thought about it, this wasn't just a street fight... It wouldn't be determined by physical strength or training. It would be decided by who was best able to utilize their power... And Willow...

"Vladan!" She yelled. "Stay away from her! Her power-"

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 7 April 2016 at 6:06 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan took several surprised steps back at the turn of events. "What the--" He was cut off mid-sentence due to Kita's screaming. Her power? Willow's healing power? The man was more confused than angry at the woman's attempt at attacking him. Odilia had roared noisily, causing more commotion then needed--and Vladan had been unable to hear the end of the woman's sentence. Most importantly, he was puzzled as to why Kita had gone from attempting to attack and kill him, to yelling warnings at him.

-

Willow swung a fist at Vladan in an attempt to take him down, but her attack was easily dodged by the man. His eyes were flashing, and she could tell his mind was racing as he thought through the situation bit by bit--moment by moment. The woman almost lost her balance as her attempt to strike him missed. She regained her footing and swung again, this time in an uppercut aimed at the man's stomach.

-

Vladan managed to sidestep Willow's uppercut. "What are you--" He was cut off by a swift kick to his shins. The man felt himself lose his balance as the other woman hooked her foot around his ankle and tripped him. Vladan hit the floor with a low grunt, and scrambled in an attempt to get off. "You think you can fight me, amateur?" He yelled angrily. It was obvious he was getting tired from the extended amount of fighting--he was already worn out from the battle with Kita.

-

Willow almost shouted out in glee when the man collapsed on the ground. She had never gotten this far in a fight before! The woman ignored Vladan's howls of anger as she aimed another quick kick--this time at the man's side. He was responsive in his short angry cry.

-

Vladan got up on his knees just in time to receive a kick to his side, then another that landed directly at his stomach. He dropped down on the ground once again--Vladan had no idea what he was doing anymore. His anger had overtaken any amount of possibility of winning this fight he probably had. The man couldn't even manage to spit threats out anymore.

-

Willow stomped a foot on Vladan's back, forcing the man to stay on the ground with the weight of her entire body. Though she could feel him struggling, her adrenaline kept her pushing onwards. The woman knelt down slightly--before latching one of her hands around his wrist, and the other around the back of his neck.

-

Pain.

Pain like he had never felt before..... It had been many years since he had even suffered from the agony of pain. Ever since the chemicals from the exploding laboratory had affected him, he had been immune to any sort of torment, much less even discomfort at all. Vladan remembered slightly, a time that could have matched up with what he was feeling now. It had happened after a deal gone wrong--an ambush had been set up, and him and his gang had been attacked while within hostile territory.

There had been no escape.

His men had been slaughtered without mercy, each one being cut down--or even shot down if they had attempted to run. Vladan had been spared, but through the following weeks, he had wished hundreds, if not thousands of times that he had not been. The man had remembered nothing but knives and scissors... Known nothing but darkness and drowning... Felt nothing but desolation and misery. Vladan had been utterly, and thoroughly alone. With only the accompany of jeers and threats, mocking shouts and more pain that ensued... He had wanted nothing but to be released.

He remembered it clearly now.

There was shouting, and Vladan had feared they were back to return in their business of tormenting him for information in any way they could. 'What do..." He tried to finish his sentence, but could not--his throat was dry, he could barely remember the last time he had been given water, or even been fed at all. Vladan had felt himself on the edge, he was ready to break, but suddenly... Light and heat. It was blisteringly hot.

"Run!"

"What are you doing?"

"Are you insane? We can't leave him here?"

"We can't let him go either, we're dead if he survives!"

"It's either we die now, or we have a possibility of dying... There's no way he can make it out of here alive!"

Vladan's felt himself fall on the floor, his chair had tipped over in all the commotion. His blindfold fell away from his eyes, and it was the first time he had seen sunlight in days. It took him a moment to regain his senses as he adjusted to the light, and he struggled against the ropes tying his arms together. What he had assumed was light had actually, sadly, been fire. The building was burning up, and Vladan was trapped... The flames were licking his arms, and the pain was almost unbearable. More voices now...

"Put your hands up! You're under arrest! All of you!"

"Freeze!"

"Don't move!"

"Weapons down... Now!"

Help! He had yelled, but no one was there to help him. Not here, not anymore. The commotion outside was noisy, easily drowning out his cries. Vladan closed his eyes in preparation to let Death release him from this inferno on earth....

Suddenly, he felt the ropes loosening around his wrists. The man's eyes shot open, and he scrambled up. The fire had saved his life.... The fiery tongues had burned away the ropes enough so that Vladan had managed to pull himself free. He forced himself weakly up on his feet, and made a dash down the hall. The light of the moon shown through a singular patch of light. The man forced himself up through the window.

Freedom.

At last.

The pain dredged Vladan out of the memories he had tried so hard to forget. It was nothing he had ever felt before. Willow's cold hands stung against his skin, each millimeter of her pale fleece felt like a thousand knives slowly being pushed into his skin. So cold, and yet it burned. However hard he tried, he couldn't escape, it was like the woman had placed him inside a metallic cage. It was strange really, he was slowly losing consciousness, and he knew it too. The world was swimming out of his vision in black and white, and he could barely make out the room anymore.

Is this it? Vladan wondered. Is this what it feels like to die? He opened his mouth to scream, but nothing came out anymore.

-

Odilia roared, glancing around the room in absolute confusion. She dashed over to Kita, confused as to why her master was no longer giving her orders. The lion looked wildly around the room, seeming about to flee from the strange woman on top of her sovereign.

-

Willow's hands tightened ever so slightly around Vladan's neck. Black air began to trail from the man, trickling from her contact with him, and flowing up her arm. The darkness danced on top of her skin, before being swallowed up into her body. The ebony smoke was clearly visible under her skin, percolating in waves towards her heart. The energy around Willow was almost outstanding--She had never... ever.... felt this powerful in her entire life.

#lyubimyy

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 7 April 2016 at 8:54 AM

Laying on her bed, Chloe stared up at the ceiling. She didn't know what was wrong with her. It had been an hour since she had left Vladan's house. The woman glanced at her computer, but turned away from it and curled up in the covers. Forcing herself out of her bed, Chloe trudged over to her computer and slowly typed.
"Ok. Where tonight?" She stared gloomily at the screen. Chloe looked through her list of places. After minutes of not choosing a place, a thought came to her mind. Wondering if she still had it, Chloe went to her deepest folder. Then she saw it, the file, code named Dexter. The woman clicked it. When the tab came up, Chloe felt total different. She scrolled through the new list. It had a bunch of names, pictures, and descriptions. Sitting up straighter, Chloe looked through the names.
"Hailey Cortez, Dan Turlan, ah, here we go. Maddison Fotrad." She looked at the picture and read the discription. As she read, the woman became angrier and angrier. Chloe decided not to eat anything. She had to be hungry for tonight.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 7 April 2016 at 12:58 PM

Kita had to do something... She could feel the black void draining Vladan... She couldn't see what was going on, but that was almost worse... She was still disoriented from hitting the floor so hard, but...

She dragged herself towards Willow.

Why was she helping Vladan? He'd tried to kill her literally moments before...

The void was growing stronger...

Why did she feel a need to protect him? He certainly couldn't care less...

===========

"Kita... There was a prison fight last night..."

Through the glass between them, Kita could see despair past his bruised and swollen face.

"Xavier... He." James choked out the last words. "I couldn't save him... I tried..."

===========

Why was she fighting so hard to save his life. She could just lie here, and it wouldn't even be her fault. Willow attacked them both and killed Vladan...

===========

"I'm sorry I wasn't at the funeral... Obviously, they wouldn't let me out."

Kita shook her head.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here... I could have helped..."

James smiled. She wished she could hold his hand...

"Forget the past. Our gang is gone. Just move on." He said. "Become a hero."

"A hero?" She laughed. "I don't know if you've seen me fight, but I am not a hero."

"That isn't what I mean." He said laughing. "Do something good with your powers. Fight crime. Save lives."

"Still sounds like a hero to me."

===========

Save lives...

She reached out and grabbed Willow's ankle, focusing on mimicking the void. It was like taking a breath and finding there was no air...

Immediately she felt the desperate hunger... The need for life to fill the void... It was a shock to her system, but necessity pushed it aside for now.

"Let him go... Or I'll do the same... To you."

She wasn't a hero, but there was a life that needed saving...

@bunnyshadow

===========

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 7 April 2016 at 9:38 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Willow felt a hand grab roughly onto her ankle. She cried out in surprise, the interruption had ruined her momentary power trip. “Kita….?” The woman questioned, confusion mixing into her doubt. “What are you doing?” She cut off her contact from around Vladan’s neck, though she kept her hand on his arm. “He’s…” The woman seemed on the verge of tears. “He’s not right…..” Tears threatened to spill out her wide open viridian eyes. “He doesn’t belong in this world--Vladan is evil. I’m just like you!” She cried out, panic echoing through her puzzled mind. “I’m a good person, Kita.”

“I’m scared…. I’m scared of dying.”

Willow shook in fear, goosebumps rising from her cold skin. “I don’t want to die Kita…. I want to live forever. Forever is a long time, and I want to spend all my lengthy days helping people in need. People that deserve it. People who can’t afford the services they need to live onwards.”

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 7 April 2016 at 11:56 PM

Kita held on, shaking. She understood. She could feel it... she could feel the desperation that came with the power... she knew the terror... and hers was only temporary...

And yet... seeing Vladan on the floor like that also terrified her. Who was she to decide whose life to save?... She wished she could say they'd find another way, but she could feel the power... she knew it wasn't true...

She knew she couldn't let go of Willow, but she also knew she couldn't follow through with her threat...

"People change, Willow." she said quietly. "Had you seen me three years ago... I was just as bad. So why not me, Willow? Why him, and not me?"

She couldn't decide. She was buying time. She could feel the mimic weakening. What could she possibly offer for Vladan's life? Nothing.

Then it dawned on her... the life she was replenishing... was lost because Willow had healed her. Vladan's life was the cost of saving hers...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 8 April 2016 at 12:51 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"People like him will never change." Willow forced out through grit teeth. "Can't you see?" She whispered. "Use your power.... Can you not see the evil consuming his body? The darkness is like a rot on his soul, that only continues to expand and grow over time. The longer he has to live, the more harm he can do to both himself--and others." Her grip was weakening slowly on Vladan's arm as Kita's statements forced her to pause.

The opposing woman's statements hit Willow hard, and she could feel a pang of guilt and hesitation. "It never goes away, Kita." Willow said. "Even in the beginning, when I never helped others, death was slowly catching up to me. I made the decision to give up myself to help those in need, those that weren't evil--Those that weren't part of the evil slowly overtaking this beautiful world!" Her voice rose, her words turning from soft whispers to maniacal screaming.

"You--" Willow's voice cracked. "You can save him..." She whispered. "Your mimicking... You can mimic me, right?" The woman said in a rush of words. "You've already done it... You can choose to give up a few years of your life to return the ones I took." Willow's eyes darted around the room crazily. "I can't do it...." She rushed. "I'm afraid.... I have too little left. Too little left, already." At this point in time the woman used one of her hands to claw at her collar, pulling it down to reveal the glowing red number on the back of her neck.

"Look." The woman cried. "Look at it!" She said. "It used to reign in the double digits--I started at nearly 78 years. Look at how much I have left now...."

"One, Kita."

"I had one more left."

"One more before Vladan."

Willow reached around herself, hugging her body tightly--out of fear... and regret. "You can still save him. He's not dead yet, but I can feel him falling into the void." She moved to step off the man. "I don't know how my power works... I don't know how much I took, or how much I gained from the time I took. But I know for a fact that he's almost lost." The woman made a heavy attempt to kick off Kita's hands in an attempt to run away. She had to run.. There was no way Kita would let her get away with this alive.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 8 April 2016 at 1:25 AM

Kita only held on for a second longer; just long enough to mimic her other power.

She had mimicked James' healing before... this was different. James' power was warm and she had liked the feel of it... This power... it was as if she could feel the cost associated with it... could she sacrifice some of her life for his...?

=============

"Still sounds like a hero to me."

James looked her in the eye, getting the serious expression that he occasionally gave her. She liked that about him. Unlike her, he was a good guy... he just got caught up in the wrong crowd...

"What would you do if I was in danger?" he asked.

"I'd save you." she said, with no hesitation, then felt a pang of guilt when she remembered that she hadn't... He was in jail. Surely she could have done something...

"And I would do the same for you. Heroes or not, we can still save lives. We're human... that's what matters."

=============

Kita moved towards Vladan's weak energy and put her hands on his chest, where his heart would be. He was cold, but she could feel a faint pulse beneath her fingertips.

She focused on replenishing his energy and felt a shock as the power took effect. It was as if the air was being sucked out of her. She couldn't breathe... She felt faint, but forced herself to continue.

Eventually she felt his pulse quicken, warmth returning to his skin. When she could take it no longer, she stopped, gasping for breath.

How had Willow done this so many times?

She felt dizzy... she was going to pass out...

"Willow." she said, her head spinning, "You should go... don't let him see y-"

She collapsed, falling onto a still unconscious Vladan.

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 8 April 2016 at 5:46 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Willow darted out of the room and down the long winding hallway. She found herself tripping over her own feet as she dashed down the stairs. The woman's guilt had been overturned by her churning emotions that currently consisted of power and righteous glory. There was only one reason that Willow had felt guilt, and it was due to taking away several years from the only good person she had met for the past 2 days--Kita.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered as she pulled open the huge double doors to Vladan's mansion. "I'm sorry Kita. I'll repay you one day." Willow swore as the doors slammed shut behind her retreading back.

-

Vladan felt like he was staring at himself through a glass screen. He could see a younger version of himself, several years earlier--earlier than the chemicals had first intruded his body and messed with his system. The man remembered himself trudging through the storming night. The rain had made his suit cling tightly to his wet skin, and he felt himself limping through the falling water. Vladan limped through the streets, ignoring the pain from every step he took on his twisted ankle.

He screamed, feeling the surging pain that arose from his back near his shoulder-blade. The man heard shouting--they were gaining on him, and he was fighting a battle that he was rapidly losing. Vladan forced his way through the brush, ignoring the prick from the thorny branches. He ducked around a corner, slamming his back against the brick wall. The shouting was getting louder now... Vladan closed his eyes and held his breath, praying to every god out there that he would make it out of his situation alive. Each second that passed by seemed as lengthy as a year... Then--The sound of footsteps retreading in the distance. The din from the shouting had dulled down to just cries in the distance.

Vladan let out a sigh of relief, before wandering down the empty street towards the only home he knew....The only home that actually felt like a home to him. The man leaned against the door, banging on it with a bloody fist. "Kirah!" He cried out. "Kirah please... Let me in!" Vladan howled over the thundering from the weeping clouds. The door was pulled open, and the man nearly fell in at the sudden loss of the surface he was leaning against. Vladan could feel the young woman pulling his body close to hers, and he felt tears donating to the dampness already covering his body. "Kirah..." He trailed off, his words being replaced by a coughing fit.

"Vlad... Oh no... Nonono.... What happened?"

The man felt himself being lowered onto a soft surface, and her hands lightly pulling off his wet jacket. He felt her hands feeling him up, searching for his wounds. His clothes were being hurriedly torn off of his drenched body, and he let out a short cry of pain as she touched over the bullet wound. Vladan didn't know how long it had taken, but by the time she had finished tending to all his major wounds, it was nearly four in the morning. The red lettering from the mechanical clock glared at him through the dark. He forced himself to lift up his arm weakly towards Kirah. Vladan rubbed one of his fingers against her cheek, before using his hand to push her hair behind her ear. "I... I love you Kirah." He said, choking on his words.

"I love you too Vlad."

The man stared intently at his arm, watching as she carefully applied ointment on his arm, then wrapped it tightly in clean white bandages. He had promised himself that he would learn to treat his wounds himself, at that moment in fractured time--Vladan had sworn he wouldn't let Kirah take care of him anymore. He had sworn he wouldn't force himself to lean on her anymore.

"Please... Take care of yourself. I know you're doing this for me, but you don't have to anymore. It'll only be a little bit longer... You won't have to be able to pay my bills anymore. My housing, my clothing, my meals.... Even my medical bills anymore."

"Kirah? What are you even saying? Your medical bills are the only reason I'm in this mess in the first place! I've been working harder, dealing harder.... Making more money!"

"It's not that, Vlad.... It's terminal. I'm going to die."

"No... You're not Kirah!"

"I am. The doctors told me I have a little less than 2 weeks left."

"They aren't trying hard enough!" Vladan howled angrily. "I'm going to tear them apart." He roared. "I'll kill them! I'll kill them all! You aren't going to die, not with me arou--" The sound of a door slamming interrupted him mid-sentence. There was banging, and it happened too quickly for Vladan to stop it. Kirah darted up to her feet. A sharp bang. A shriek. "Kirah!" Blood splattered across his bandages. A second shot followed the first. Crimson ichor dripped down the peach walls, it was as if the surface itself was shedding red tears at the scene before it.

"Vlad.... Now is... Your... Chance..."

The man shot up on his feet, pulling his pistol out from his pocket. One shot. Two. Three. Four. Each one was followed by a cry of pain. Vladan scooped Kirah's fallen body up in his injured arms, before running past the bodies littering the ground. He used his shoulder to shove the door open, dashing out her back door, and into the woods as he did so. "Kirah! Can you hear me?" He yelled at her form.

No reply.

He ran for what seemed like forever, but it was no use. The men following him were slowly gaining ground, and he was too weak to carry Kirah for any longer. Vladan's heart raced, as he was faced with the worst decision he had ever made his entire life. The man placed Kirah's cold body on the grassy ground. Vladan leaned down, forcing his bloody lips on top of her dead ones. He pulled back, tears flowing freely down his face. "I love you Kirah. I love you so much." The shouting grew louder, and three men appeared in the clearing. Vladan lifted up his gun, shooting the first one in the chest. Even with his shaky hands, his aim remained true. The remaining two had weapons pointed towards him. Without thinking, Vladan rushed at the first, tackling the man and sending them both tumbling on the ground. He forced his pistol against the man's head, pulling the trigger--no result. He was out of bullets. Thinking swiftly, Vladan slammed the butt of the gun against the man's head. Once, twice. The third time, there was a loud crack, and he felt a warm liquid trickling along his hands.

He turned to face the last man standing. There was a flash of silver, but it was too late. The knife slashed down Vladan's face, tearing his skin open from his eyebrow to his upper cheek. He cried out in pain, blindly pushing the man to the ground. The other man reached up to stab the knife into Vladan's chest, but the man grabbed the knife by the blade, wrenching it from his enemy's grasp. Blood leaked from his sliced open palm, but he ignored it as he turned the weapon around and aimed it repeatedly at the other man's face. Red liquid splattered across the ground and onto the grass surrounding the area.

There was more shouting in the distance. Vladan stood up shakily, glancing at Kirah's limp form one last time, before disappearing into the trees. "I'm sorry.... I'm sorry for everything, Kirah..." He whispered.

Vladan woke with a start, sweat drenching his shirt. "How long...?" He wondered to himself. The man glanced around the room, then at the figure slouched over his body. It was dark, and a quick glance towards the window proved his suspicions. It was nightfall. "What the..." Vladan trailed off. "Kita?" He questioned. "What are you doing?" The man struggled to remember what had brought him into the situation he was currently in, but nothing came to. He placed a hand on Kita's arm, shaking her slightly. "You're cold." The man muttered to himself. Vladan stood up, carefully pushing Kita aside as to not wake her up. He put his hand on her forehead. "That's strange..." Her forehead was screaming fever, but her body was bitterly cold. Vladan scooped Kita up in his arms. He used his shoulder to shove the door open in an all too familiar motion. The man ventured slowly down the hallway, turning right into the nearest empty bedroom.

Vladan placed the woman on the bed. In the darkness, Kita resembled Kirah way too similarly then he would have liked. He bit his lip. The man whistled lowly, and Odilia rushed into the room. "Watch her, will you?" He said, choking on tears. The man pulled the blankets messily over Kita, before walking for the door. He paused at the entrance, turning back to give one last glance at Kita. Odilia prowled nearby, before settling down comfortably at the base of the bed.

Vladan tripped over his own feet as he headed down the stairs. He stopped in the kitchen, pulling out a large glass and a huge bottle of liquor. He downed nearly half the bottle in less than five minutes. "Do you think..." The man said to nobody. "If I worked harder... And got what I have today sooner, I could have saved her life?" He wondered to himself. Vladan dropped his head into his crossed arms, his hands shaking around the glass bottle. "I'm sorry.... I'm sorry for everything, Kirah...." He whimpered, as he let the darkness overwhelm him.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 8 April 2016 at 6:52 AM

Skyler watched as willow ran out the doors. She got up, jumping onto her good ankle. "Wait!" She called after willow. "I need your help!"

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 8 April 2016 at 6:56 AM

@lailaluckyseal87

~~~

Willow turned at the sound of her name being called. She had rushed by the gate, and was halfway down the street. The woman was scared, and afraid. "What?" She screamed. "What do you want?"

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 8 April 2016 at 7:20 PM

"I'm tired of being a villain." She said limping towards willow. "Tired of the police chasing me, tired of almost going to jail, tired of being hated, and i'm tired of being hated by heroes. I need your help to become a hero." She said looking at willow with a needing look. "please can you help me" she begged.

@bunnyshadow

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 9 April 2016 at 12:35 AM

Kita woke up. She rubbed her eyes, noting that she was no longer blind, though her vision was limited.

She didn't remember getting into bed, but then again, she didn't remember much of the previous night. She could recall arguing with Vladan, but past that was a blur.

She sat up, but immediately fell back on her pillow. Any movement made her head spin... She elected to stay where she was, indulging in the comfortable pillows.

Where were the others? She couldn't hear anyone. She could guess where Vladan was... If she could count on precedent - and she suspected she could - he was likely face-down on the kitchen table, passed out...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 9 April 2016 at 1:22 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan brought the bottle to his lips in an attempt to drink the rest of the liquor, only to find it empty. He lifted it high up in the air, examining the empty bottle in the dimmed lights. The man prepped himself, before throwing the glass container at the wall. It shattered against the surface, raining pieces of clear shards all over the floor. Vladan decided that he particularly liked the noise that the bottle made as it exploded along the walls and littered on the linoleum. The man picked up another one of the dozens of crystalline vials spread around on top of the table. It reached a similar end as the first, smashing into the wall and throwing glass pieces across the ground. Vladan rubbed his bloodshot eyes, before placing his face against the freezing surface of the counter. He closed his eyes, and several lonely tears trickled down his face and onto the table.

The man vaguely wondered how Kita was doing, looking perplexed as he forced himself to his feet. What time was it? Did he need to give her medicine? Blankets? Water? He pulled a glass from one of the cabinets overhanging the bar counter--and it slipped from his grasp, crashing into the ground, shattering across the linoleum, much like the liquor bottles from earlier. However, the second time he succeeded. Vladan poured a clear liquid into the glass. It was a shame he was disengaged enough to not realize it was not water but in fact vodka.

The man trailed slowly up the stairs, leaning on the railing and using it for support. Along the way, he absentmindedly took a few fluffy white blankets from a closet in preparation of entering Kita's room. His vision was blurry, and he had to struggle to open the door. Vladan entered the room, looking very much like the mess he was--tussled hair, bloodshot eyes, wrinkled clothing and smelling strongly of alcohol.

He stumbled over to the woman's bedside, slamming the glass of (sadly)not water onto the tiny desk besides the bed and a bottle of what he hoped was the right set of pills. Vladan didn't bother to glance at Kita, she hadn't been awake for several days since he had brought her here, and he didn't expect her to be awake this time. The man clumsily attempted to pull the blankets over Kita. That was what the nurse had told him to do, right?

Give her water and make sure she's warm? Whatever.... All that mattered was that he tried. This wasn't even his job in the first place. The nurse had called in sick today, and Vladan had relieved her the second the words entered his ears.

"I'm sorry Sir, I can't make it today."

"And I'm sorry you can't either. You're fired.

Now the man was stuck with caring for Kita, to his obvious displeasure. Vladan had to force himself to sober up for a few hours at a time throughout his drunken binge enough to get up the stairs just to make sure the woman wasn't dead.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 9 April 2016 at 2:37 AM

"Vladan..." She said, still a little groggy. "What are you doing?"

He looked ragged and reeked. He looked like he was half-awake and hadn't properly cleaned himself in a long time. She sat up, propping herself against the pillows.

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 9 April 2016 at 3:21 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan nearly jumped at Kita's voice. "Uh..." The man trailed off, not knowing what to say. Even in his intoxicated state, a hue of rosy red due to embarrassment tinged his high cheekbones. "Nothing important...." He muttered, hurriedly backing away from the bed. Vladan pointed a shaking hand at the glass of liquid and the bottle of pills on the bedside table. "For you." He stated uncomfortably, before turning to flee the room.

It was a shame that at a time like this, he would trip over his own feet. The man had turned away too quickly, and the entire room spun all too fast from his agile turning. Vladan placed his hand on the wall in an attempt to support himself, but missed the surface all together. The result was a expensive looking lamp crashing into the ground, and slurred curse words exiting from his unfiltered mouth.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 9 April 2016 at 3:39 AM

Kita tried to choke back a laugh unsuccessfully. She knew how volatile he could get, but it caught her off-guard. She grabbed the glass, taking a sip of it. She instantly spat it out.

"What on earth was that?" she asked. She suddenly didn't trust the pills... "What happened yesterday?" she asked, unaware of the passage of time.

@bunnyshadow