The Enabled (Role-Play)

in Roleplaying

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 April 2016 at 2:54 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"That's really interesting." Willow said, her childish curiosity peaked. Quickly, she changed the subject. "Do you know where the bathroom is? I'm sorry, but I need to clean up. And perhaps maybe you could get me a change of clothing, too?" The woman asked hesitantly. "We can talk about this after I've gotten all this..." Willow glanced down at her bloody outfit. "Stuff off of me."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 April 2016 at 2:58 PM

Skyler gets up from her place on the floor. She angrily wanders around the house exploring because she is very bored. She is cautious so she does not wake Vladan up.

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 2 April 2016 at 5:00 PM

Kita pointed at the bathroom.

"There should be some clothes in the closet." She added. "Do yourself a favour and grab something from the new stuff... I don't trust anything used here."

She propped herself up on the large pillows. It really was a nice bed...

"Could you grab me some water while you're in there?" She asked.

@bunnyshadow

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 April 2016 at 5:16 PM

"Chloe?" Skyler called quietly. "Where are you? What's taking so long"

She sat down and to entertain herself she tried to discover what part of her appearance she could change. She changed her eye color from blue to a fiery red, her hair to blond with red tips, her nail polish to red, And her teeth to perfectly straight but they had sharp canine teeth.

She waited a while for them to come down, but eventually she got bored and started messing around with water in a cup, and using telekinesis to move things around.

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 April 2016 at 5:16 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Willow thanked Kita before venturing in the bathroom. She washed the blood off her hands, before taking off her doctor's coat and tossing it into the bathtub. The woman turned around to face the mirror, twisting around so that she could see the number on her back. She bit her lip at the figure--it was venturing into the single digits. "I'm running out of time..." She mumbled to herself. The woman filled up one of the glasses by the sink with water before bringing it towards Kita.

"Here you go." Willow said kindly.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 April 2016 at 5:32 PM

Skyler jumped up and went to use the bathroom. she was walking down the hallway, looking for a bathroom when she tripped with a loud thud and hurt her ankle. She tried to get up but fell back down into a laying position wincing in pain.

I must have broken it or sprained it. She thought. Aww [yeep] i better not have woken him up or else im in big trouble. She just lie there on the floor unable to move her ankle. She waited for someone to come to her because of the loud thud.

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 2 April 2016 at 7:34 PM

Kita drank the water happily, it helped a little.

"Closet's over there." she said, pointing. "Like I said, you should stick to the new stuff."

She held up her arm, marveling at the completeness of the healing... Every other time she'd seen a healer, there was a mark left behind, but she couldn't seem to find any... He leg was equally perfect - like nothing had ever happened... it was amazing.

"So what is your other power?" she asked conversationally. "That is, if you don't mind me asking.

@bunnyshadow

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 April 2016 at 7:46 PM

Skyler whimpered in pain. "Someone please come and help me" She whispered, begging. "Chloe..... is anyone there, please!"
She sat up and looked around, not being able to spot anyone she layed back down and sighed

@bunnyshadow @dada_dragon

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 April 2016 at 8:35 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Willow considered lying to Kita, but changed her mind. Instead, she decided on telling the other woman bits and pieces, just not the entire truth. Willow walked over to the closet, and picked out what seemed to be new clothing--tags on and everything. She took off her shirt, turning her back to Kita so that the maroon number on her skin was visible to the other woman to see.

"It's nothing much..." Willow trailed off. "I wouldn't consider it a power, it just hinders me in more ways than one. More often than not, I'm just afraid that I'll go to sleep and not be able to wake up one morning." She pulled on a shirt. "The number ticks down every time I use my power. It's as if I have to give up a tiny bit of myself to help others. I suppose that when it hits 0, I'll die.. And that'll be the end of my story."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 April 2016 at 8:39 PM

Skyler decided she was not lying there anymore. She got up and put one hand against the wall and, very painfully, limped down the hallway without her foot touching the ground. Where is everyone? She wondered. i can't do this for very long at a time. I must have a rest now. And she sat down and rested before getting up and limping around some more.

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 2 April 2016 at 8:56 PM

Kita felt a pang of guilt.

"You didn't have to use it on me..." She said quietly. "I could've gotten help elsewhere..."

A power that shortened your life? That was new...

"These powers... Not all of them are a blessing..." She said. She turned over her hand and showed her a faint burn scar on her palm. "I did this mimicking a robber who could ignite his hands... I guess his skin was adapted to it... Mine wasn't. I had a healer friend who fixed most of it, but I've never mimicked a fire power since..."

@bunnyshadow

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 April 2016 at 9:08 PM

Skyler glanced out the window and realized it was day. She though that someone must come down soon. As she got up cautiously she felt her ankle explode with pain and her vision turned red. She sat down quickly and waited for the red to fade away.

After the pain faded away she fell asleep sprawled out near the wall in the hallway........

@pitch1226
@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 April 2016 at 9:32 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"I think I can fix that for you." Willow said. "It's fine..." She hesitated before confessing. "There's a way for me to lengthen my lifespan as well. Theoretically, I can live forever if I follow it." The woman reached out for Kita's hand, holding it softly in her freezing hands. Before Kita could protest, Willow rubbed her thumb gently over the scar. It disappeared the second her finger went over the mark.

"You can..." Willow bit her lip. "You can help me live on... And I can continue to help the good people in this world... That wrongfully get hurt in crossfire from evil people." She released Kita's hand and stepped back, pacing back and forth for a few seconds.

"You're a good person." The woman said vaguely. "I can tell. You see...." Willow trailed off hesitantly. "You're red--Your aura. It's red, but there's bits and pieces of white too. But..." She turned away, staring at her feet before she said her next words, lowering her voice significantly. "The wolf girl... Chloe. And the man that owns this house. Their red is darker, almost black even. They aren't good people. You don't belong here."

"Not with them."

Deleted • 2 April 2016 at 9:37 PM

(A new character just kinda formed in this post. I will be making a character bio for him later today.)

When she arrived home, Jean barely spoke a word to her father and sister, just giving them each a simple peck of the head before heading off to her room. She flung her coat and shoes on the floor near her closet. Collapsing onto her mattress, she quickly dozed off.

Several hours later, her phone began to vibrate. When she awoke, the sky had grown dark. Rolling over, she looked at her screen, its bright light stinging her tired eyes. As she answered, she had to scramble to turn down the volume, as her family was likely asleep.

"Hey, Resevoir!" A cheery voice nearly shouted, Jean groaned, "You gonna be out and about tonight?" She twisted over and looked and the clock beside her bed. "Or are you planning on leaving it all to me again?"

"What do you mean 'again'?" She asked indignantly, "You haven't let me sleep through a patrol before! I'm tired you know!" Her voice was sharp but still held at a whisper.

Miasma's eager attitude was beginning to grind Jean down. Ever since she had met him, he had always been restless, had always been looking for so wrong that he could right.

"Come on, Jean. The city doesn't sleep just because you do." He said, almost pleadingly. Why could she never say no, when he got like this? "Come on, I'm downstairs. And I already have the stuff."

"Don't you ever get tired of sneaking out?" Jean asked him as she pulled a suitcase from under her bed. "And how is it your parents haven't caught you yet?"

He replied quickly, "Same way you haven't, Res. Because I'm snnnnnneaky!" Jean rolled her eyes.

"Okay, alright, I'll be down in a minute. Just let me get dressed." She opened the suitcase and pulled out her blue outfit, throwing it on the bed."

"Yay!, I'll see you in a few then." He yelled brightly, "And don't forget to be snnnnnneaky!" Jean hung up and shook her head, exasperatedly.

It was going to be a long night.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 3 April 2016 at 12:34 AM

Kita looked down at her hand... Completely healed...

She couldn't argue that they were not good people, but Willow's tone frightened her...

"What do you mean by that?" She asked, fearing she knew the answer... Why Willow's other power felt like a void... "How do you lengthen your lifespan?"

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 3 April 2016 at 3:21 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Normal peoples' auras usually come in black and white. It's like yin and yang, there is only good and bad--no in between. Enabled, however come in reds. I personally just figured this out not too long ago, and I have only ever been able to do this to reds." Willow paused in her explanation. "I can take any Enabled's life source as my own, effectively extending my life span." She tugged at the ends of her hair.

"I'm not a bad person. In fact, I think I'm a great person. I've never harmed anyone that has only meant well in this world. But that Chloe person... And Vladan.... They are obviously not people we need around." She whispered.

"Their very existence is like a poison being released in clean air. The longer they are here, the more people will become affected. Them being around just breeds death in this rotting world."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 3 April 2016 at 3:41 AM

Kita's hands shook. This was wrong... Killing the others? She was just trying to survive, but she couldn't condone what she was doing...

"I can't think like you do, Willow." She said. "I believe in redemption, and taking the life of someone so young who can still correct their mistakes... Maybe I'm just an idealist, but I won't allow you to harm them."

Making up her mind, she ran for the door. She had to warn the others...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 3 April 2016 at 4:06 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Kita!" Willow cried out in panic. "Dont!" She reached for Kita, making a move to grab the escaping woman's arm. "Listen to me..." Willow begged, tears spilling from the corner of her eyes. "I've never done it before." She whispered.

"You can't assume I'm that sort of person." Willow trailed off with a whimper. "I've seen my fair share of dead in my life, it's only in my line of work." She bit her bottom lip. "I've given up more than half my life in order to help others."

"I have never hurt anyone in my entire life." Willow cried out desperately. "I wouldn't be able to do it, even if I wanted to!"

"I can't even stand the sight of blood, but yet I force myself to every, single, day. To help others, to keep people alive, to make other people happy."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 3 April 2016 at 8:17 AM

Kita pulled away her arm.

She could understand her dilemma... She looked scared... Her power scared her... She just wanted to kive...

So then why did she feel a pang of sorrow when she talked about taking lives? It should have been an easier decision than this... So why wasn't it?

"I'm sorry... I can't let you do this." She said, backing up while holding her hands up like she could do anything to protect herself, which she couldn't...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 3 April 2016 at 11:54 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Willow let out a heavy sigh. "Fine." She whispered. "Go ahead. Tell everyone." The woman said, though her voice cracked in between words. "See what happens then. With a house full of criminals? I'm as good as dead."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2016 at 12:02 PM

Skyler woke up, and for a minute she began to sit up fast until she felt a horrid pain in her ankle and everything came flooding back. She sat up more slowly and looked around and she lifted up the bottom of her pants leg to look at her ankle. She saw that it was horribly black and blue, and the swelling was incredible.

Skyler waited, again, for someone to come through the hallway. She entertained herself by changing her appearance.

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 3 April 2016 at 2:10 PM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow
@lailaluckyseal87

Chloe's paws were sore. She trudged through the hall. She wasn't able to find Odilia after the lion had ran off. The wolf tiredly walked into the living room. She made three tight circles and curled up on a white, fluffy rug. Chloe didn't care if Vladan yelled at her for getting her black fur on the white rug. She licked her wounds and laid her head on her paws, thinking. She wondered what Skyler was doing, how Willow and Kita were coming along, and if Vladan was still drunk. Chloe didn't know why she cared. She usually tried not to get close to anyone. Whenever she did, someone always got hurt. Chloe knew she didn't have the best temper and that's what always got her in trouble. Her temperament as a wolf wasn't any better. She wished she could turn back time to the good old days, when she was with her old stealing partner. At the thought of him, a tear slowly fell down Chloe's muzzle. She growled at herself for caring so much. It wasn't her fault he died. It was that stupid cop's, the "good" guy. She didn't know how she felt anymore. The wolf's eyes began to droop and soon she was asleep.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 3 April 2016 at 2:42 PM

Kita hesitated. She wasn't sure what to do... On the one hand, she didn't want to let Willow loose on the others, but she was right - these were not the "good guys"... and she couldn't blame her for wanting to prolong her life...

She climbed back into the bed. She was tired, and she needed rest... she'd been through a lot...

"I won't tell... just... don't hurt them."

She closed her eyes. She didn't quite trust Willow yet, but she seemed a lot more reliable than the others. She pretended to sleep, but paid close attention to her dark energy... if the signal grew any stronger, she had to act quickly...

Why was she protecting them anyway? They were criminals. She'd been kidnapped and threatened and injured by them... What was wrong with her...?

@bunnyshadow

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2016 at 2:50 PM

Skyler sees Chloe at the end of the hall. She drags herself towards her and lies down.

She thinks about her criminal ways, and how she wanted to stop them. She wanted to become a better person, except maybe steal with Chloe once in a while. She falls asleep next to Chloe, thinking about her choice.

@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 3 April 2016 at 3:01 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Willow stood awkwardly in the corner of the room, watching Kita's sleeping body. She had no idea what she was doing here, and the woman decided to venture out in the hall. "Sleep well, Kita." The woman whispered. Willow hesitantly exited the room, looking up and down the hall for the lion or the wolf woman. There was no one in sight.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2016 at 3:03 PM

Skyler dreamed about the long day she had. She dreamed that she and Chloe went and robbed someone else and they got caught and their entire lives turned around. This was not a dream, it was a horrid nightmare that she hoped wouldn't come true. She woke up sweating and sat up. Excruciating pain raced through her ankle and she moaned painfully. "When will this stop..." She moaned.

@pitch1226

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 4 April 2016 at 1:18 AM

============
"Kita, behind you!"

Kita turned right as the man was about to strike her with his stone-like arm. He swung it like a club at her face. Just as it was about to make contact, she felt a blast of cold, and the arm stopped, literally frozen in place.

A young man, his arm outstretched, smirked at her.

"You owe me."

She laughed. "Not for long, Xavior."

She grabbed his wrist, mimicking his power and sent a beam of ice at the air behind him. It seemed to wrap around the air, freezing into a human-like shape.

"Invisibility. There's a new one." She punched the man in the shoulder in a teasing manner. "Now we're even."

"Guys, we should get out of here." another man yelled, running up to them. "I heard police sirens..."

"Why, James? Are you scared we'll get caught?" Kita laughed. "Fine. We'll go. I'm sure the so-called 'Nightmares' will stay off our turf from now on. Honestly, there are no good challengers left in this -"

She was interrupted by a strong energy coming from her left. She ducked out of the way, but Xavior wasn't as lucky. The fireball ignited his shirt, and he cried out in panic and pain, falling to the ground.

"James, heal Xavior! I'm going to find whoever that is and make them regret messing with the Shadows..."

James rushed to Xavior's side, helping him put out the flames. Kita ran towards the energy's source. They weren't difficult to find... A male enabled with fire surrounding his hands, glowing in the night. She laughed.

"I'm gonna make you beg for mercy, kid." she said, running at him.

It wasn't difficult to dodge his fireballs... she could sense them the second he prepared them... it was child's play...

She was at his side in seconds, grabbing his upper arm to mimic him.

"Time for you to taste your own medicine." She ignited her hand, and immediately realized her mistake... It burned... It hurt badly, blackening her exposed flesh almost instantly. She panicked, trying to extinguish the flame.

The sound of sirens blared nearby, and the opposing enabled bolted. She managed to put out the flame, looking down in horror at what used to be her arm. The smell of it made her gag, but she had other worries... she needed to hide...

Jumping behind a dumpster, she watched as police swarmed in, searching the area. She sat there for what seemed to be forever... She was about to make a run for it when she was grabbed from behind. She tried to cry out, but they covered her mouth.

"Kita, it's me."

James was there, his arm around her. He looked down at her arm, his face changing from worry to shock, but he didn't hesitate for long.

"You need to be more careful..." he said, gingerly placing his hands on the charred flesh, which began to repair itself, returning to its original colour. "There are limits to my power. I can only do so much."

"Where's Xavior?" she asked.

He avoided her eyes. "He was caught... I ran... they're probably looking for me right-"

"Come out with your hands up!"

They looked up. A spotlight was illuminating the dumpster. They were still in its shadow, but they clearly knew that they were hiding here.

"Stay here." he whispered, releasing her hand. "They think only one of us is back here, so they might not find you."

"No..." she protested. "You can't..."

"This is your last warning...!"

He leaned over and kissed her cheek. She looked up at him in shock.

"You owe me." he said, smiling.

He ran out, his hands held high, and all she could do was watch...

===============

"James!" she screamed.

Kita woke up in a cold sweat. She was in the room in Vladan's house... it was still dark out, but she didn't know how long she'd been out for... She didn't remember falling asleep, but she must have. Willow was gone, and she was alone in the room.

Just a dream...

@bunnyshadow
@lailaluckyseal87
@pitch1226
@mila_titan

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 4 April 2016 at 1:48 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226 @lailaluckyseal87 @mila_titan

~~~

Vladan woke with a start, heart beating quick in the dark room. The pounding was loud, and it made him feel cramped and alone. He reached up to rub his eyes, and winced when his fingers touched his eyelids. The man pulled back his hands, and placed one of them on his pillow to support his upright position. His pillow... It was wet. No doubt with his sweat and tears. Vladan forced himself up, blindly venturing out in the dark room. Dark shapes swirled in and out of his vision, leaving a shuddering sensation across his body--though he should have been used to these weird, spectating silhouettes, he was still...afraid of them.

"Odilia?" He called out down the eerie hallway. He took a step forwards, when he caught something dashing across the hall from the corner of his eyes. "Odilia, is that you?" One of the doors clicked shut. Vladan edged closer, blindly maneuvering in the dark. He held his breath, and opened the door. Moonlight shown through the window, illuminating the center of the floor. Crawling across the floor was what looked like some sort of shadowy torso. It spotted Vladan, and dragged it's body closer with it's large claws.

The man screamed. backing away quickly before slamming the door shut. He bolted down the hall. "Odilia!" He howled. "Where are you?" It wasn't something new--Vladan hallucinated often when his eyes were in this shape. "Odilia, where are you?" He yelled. Suddenly, a large shape pounced on the man. Vladan tumbled to the ground, and felt a rough tongue licking his face. Tears slipped from the corners of his eyes as he wrapped the animal in a bear hug. "Thank you." He whispered, sniffling. "Thank you for everything..."

---

Willow sat on the floor by the top of the stairs, dozing off. The lights had flickered off long ago--the woman had assumed they were automatic. Just as she was about to fall asleep, some sad whispering and a moan entered her ears, coming from the end of the hall. She stood up quickly, making to move towards the noise, when suddenly--a scream. She couldn't quit make out what had been yelled out, but what Willow did know was that it was coming from Kita's room.

She darted across the hall, placing her hand on the doorknob. The woman turned the doorknob when suddenly....More screaming, this time in a much deeper tone. "What is going on?" Willow wondered stressfully. "What is wrong with this place..." She said nervously. Of course. Willow had it all figured out.

Everyone that was staying here was Enabled. And all Enabled had their own little nightmares at night. She couldn't help but admit that there was one thing all of them had in common--a history of pain and sadness. Willow let the doorknob click back in place, before journeying back to her place besides the staircase. It wasn't her job to help them with this sort of stuff... She was a healer, not a therapist. They needed to deal with their nightmares alone.

It was no surprise that it was a sleepless night for Willow. Her thoughts were a jumbled, confused mess. She had nothing more than several years left, and the woman knew she had to do something eventually. Her thoughts raced through the entire night. Before long, the sky had brightened up, and early morning sunshine crawled in through the enormous window down the corridor.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 4 April 2016 at 4:20 AM

Kita sat, huddled in a corner of the room. It was morning now, but she hadn't managed to fall asleep. She had tried a few times, but the nightmares were relentless...

She was shaking now, but she expected it. It had been two years since James and Xavior's arrest, with eight years remaining... The nightmares came in waves, often lasting one or two days every few weeks, usually triggered by a visit to one or the other, but why now?

She caught sight of her arm, now healed from the burn from that night... That was probably why...

She put her head in her hands.

"James... Xavior..."

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 4 April 2016 at 4:46 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Willow rubbed her eyes, as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes were bloodshot, and the woman washed her face multiple times to wake herself up. Though she wasn't sleepy, she was tired from a sleepless night. Willow headed back out of the hall and stood outside Kita's room. She placed her hand on the doorknob, and twisted it in a move to open the door.

Willow paused, knocked, then opened it. "Good morning Kita." She said, without looking up. The woman was stared at the ground when she spoke her next words. "I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone here, or this place at all. And I don't know what to do with myself at the moment."