The Enabled (Role-Play)

in Roleplaying

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 8:26 AM

"Bye" skyler said as kita left. Now it was time to go rob the stores. She walked up to the stores and managed to pick the locks. She walked in and stopped the cameras. She stole some expensive jewelry and a TV. As she was walking out the janitor saw her and grabbed her arm. Skyler had to run swiftly to her house to avoid being captured. Later that night they began describing her on the news, she knew she had to stay hidden.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 1 April 2016 at 9:23 AM

Kita thanked Skylar and walked up to the motel counter. She had correctly assumed the lady's reaction- she mumbled something about the room "not being ready" and "bedsheets", calling over a young woman to finish it, who seemed exhausted, but who happily complied and even offered to show Kita to her room when she'd come back.

After the young woman left, Kita sat on the bed and pulled out her phone. Seeing the recent call Vladan had made, she had an idea...

She dialled up the number, and a man answered.

"Hi." She said. "I found this phone in the park yesterday, and you were the last person to be called on it, so I was wondering if you knew the person who owns it, and if you knew how I might contact them?"

She was right. He told her exactly what she needed to know, giving her Vladan's main phone number. She thanked him, and hung up, immediately dialling the number she'd been given.

She was beginning to feel tired, even though it was hardly past midday... She'd have to rest afterwards...

"Come on... Pick up..."

@bunnyshadow
@lailaluckyseal87

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 9:39 AM

Later, Skyler watched the news and realized that they found out who she was, and where she lived. She immediately left her house and rented a hotel room. "why did i have to be caught.." She muttered to herself angrily "Am i the only villain in this stupid town?"

she wondered about Kita, and how she would find her. Skyler trusted kita, even if they just met. She planned to tell her everything, about being a villain with super powers, because she trusted her, and Skyler didn't normally trust people.

@dada_dragon

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 1 April 2016 at 10:47 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan was beginning to think the ringing in his ears was reason enough to go on another drunken binge. He blinked his tired eyes several times in a row, and used his hands to rub the rest of the tears away. The man suddenly realized that the ringing was actually coming from his phone, and he pulled it out of his pocket. It was an unknown number, and he pressed the red reject button immediately.

He'll probably call back later. Vladan waved over the bartender and ordered some whiskey--the best they had at this scummy bar. The man noticed the bartender had caught sight of his brightly colored red pupils, and Vladan averted his gaze. "What are you looking at?" He muttered. "Get me my drink." The music had reached an entirely new level of bad, and it was booming noisily from the speakers by the walls. Vladan placed his head in his hands again.

He was beginning to get a headache.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 10:50 AM

Skyler walks into the hotel, and goes to her room. She sighs frustrated because she doesn't know what to do. She leans against the wall and sinks to the floor with her head in her hands. She falls asleep in that position.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 1 April 2016 at 12:59 PM

"At the tone, please leave your-"

Kita wanted to throw her phone at the wall.

"Gets me in trouble with the law and can't even bother to pick up his..."

She was interrupted by the phone signalling the beginning of the message.

"So help me, Vladan if you do not call me back in the next ten minutes, I will come over to your house and set fire to your car."

She hung up. She wasn't really sure if she would follow up on her threat, but she was definitely tempted to...

She went into the bathroom and grabbed all the first aid supplies she could find. The bite marks on her arm were about as good as could be expected. She wiped her arm down and applied a fresh bandage. Satisfied, she moved on to her foot.

Removing the bandages, she discovered that it had not fared as well... It was still swollen, probably from walking on it so much, and was clearly very infected...

A bit concerned, she cleaned and bandaged it as well as she could. She wasn't sure if she should risk going to a doctor, but it was nearly at the point where she wouldn't really have a choice...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 1 April 2016 at 1:51 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan pulled up his phone, though he slid the missed call and voice mail away. It was too loud in the club to listen to it anyway. The man took another shot of alcohol. Drinking had always numbed the only pain he ever felt--the hurt from his manipulation superpower. Vaguely, Vladan considered hiring a surgeon that he had heard could cure anything. It was from his underground connections, but rumor had it that she only had 2 assistants that kept guard over her, although she worked alone. The woman was said to be able to heal any wound, with no scar.

However, he had no way of finding her. In fact, Vladan didn't even know remotely what she looked like, or where to get ahold of her. The man stumbled out of the bar, the loud noise was definitely doing something to him. With blurry visions, he made his way out of the club. The sun burned him in the eyes, and he rushed to his car. The man put his hands on the wheel, and attempted to stare intently in front of him, but saw nothing but double visions and foggy figures.

"But my eyes aren't a wound or a disease..." He protested to himself, but a nagging feeling told him that he should attempt to contact this 'Willow' person anyway. Vladan could afford it. The man dropped his face in his hands, tussling his hair in irritation at his condition. He had a massive headache, there was a ringing in his ears, and his eyes hurt like crazy.

Vladan picked up his phone. He needed to call someone up to get him, but there was nobody to contact. Hesitantly, he listened to the voicemail--there was nothing else to do anyway. "So help me, Vladan if you do not call me back in the next ten minutes, I will come over to your house and set fire to your car." The man had to replay the message multiple times to be able to comprehend it.

"Kita?" He muttered to himself. "But how had she..." He trailed off, it didn't matter anymore. Vladan had found his savior. The man dialed the unknown number, and waited impatiently for her to pick up the phone.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 1 April 2016 at 3:05 PM

Chloe walked into the museum. She looked at the clock that hung on a wall. 10 minuets until closing. Chloe casually walked through the exhibits and eyed the security cameras. She came to the diamond display. The glass case held a beautiful white diamond, the biggest Chloe has ever seen. A loud announcer rang through the museum, informing the guests that the museum was closing in 5 minuets. She went into the bathroom and waited.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 4:06 PM

Skyler was bored. She decided to go to the museum and see what they had to steal. As skyler walked into the museum a guy walked up to her and said they were closing soon. "Thanks" She said with a fake smile. "I'm leaving soon." and she darted into a closed exhibit room.

@pitch1226

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 1 April 2016 at 4:14 PM

@lailaluckyseal87 sorry my notifications haven't been working well

Chloe turned into a wolf. She poked her head out of the bathroom. No one. She padded around the museum. Chloe didn't see the night guard anywhere. She made her way to the diamond exhibit and heard footsteps. Frantically, she looked around and saw a forest scene. She jumped onto the display and stood completely still. Chloe slowed her breathing so it looked like she wasn't breathing at all. The night guard walked past her a few seconds later.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 1 April 2016 at 4:19 PM

Kita heard her phone vibrate. Seeing Vladan's number, she picked up.

"Vladan, I am going to kill you!" She yelled before he could say anything, then realizing where she was, she lowered her voice. "Do you realize that I am now a wanted criminal because of you? I'm not sure if you caught the news earlier, but I'm sure you had something to do with them painting you as the victim..."

Her hands were shaking. She couldn't remember the last time she'd been this angry.

@bunnyshadow

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 4:20 PM

Skyler walks out and breathes heavily. "I'm safe!" she thinks." I will actually get away with it!" In happiness she makes the water in the forest scene, and the water in the huge fountain in the middle erupt very fast and then fall into a beautiful swirl. "Oops!" she thinks. "Let me fix that!" The water falls back. Now Let's rob!

@pitch1226 Brb!

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 1 April 2016 at 4:27 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Chloe watched as Skyler made the large fountain. Another enable? She thought to herself. Looks like I'm not the only one stealing tonight.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 1 April 2016 at 4:27 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Kita..." Vladan said, trailing off quietly. "Kita where are you?" He said, ignoring her rant completely. "I need help. My eyes hurt, my head hurts and I don't know how to get home." The man raised his voice into the phone. "It hurts a lot." He whined, his words slurring together in a mesh of desperation and tears.

"If you help me this once, I'll clear your name." The man's voice cracked. "Take me home."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 1 April 2016 at 5:02 PM

Kita sighed. She was at her wit's end with Vladan, but she knew she wasn't going to get anywhere with him right now, from the sound of it...

"Alright, I'll figure something out. Where are you?"

She stood up and limped to the desk, handing the motel lady a wad of cash, explaining that she wasn't going to need the room anymore, and ignoring her resulting grumbling about wasting her time.

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 1 April 2016 at 5:23 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan went silent for a few long seconds after Kita's question. "I'm at a club." He finally replied. "I was at a club. Now I'm outside, but not too far outside." Vladan tapped his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel. "I almost died today." He continued talking. "My eyes are burning. Do you think I should get surgery? I think I should. You should get surgery too." Vladan continued on and on, unable to stop himself from speaking.

"But yeah I'm outside this dirty club meant for poor people. I'm sure you come here often. Since you know, you're poor." Vladan began to draw frowning faces on his window. "I never caught the name since it's fairly unimportant, but it's near the park where you tried robbing me yesterday."

The man started up his car, idling it in the parking spot. "Do you think I can make it home? I can't really see anything, everything is pretty blurry. Can you bring me some eyedrops? That's what you're supposed to use, right?" Vladan shifted uncomfortably, accidentally stamping his feet on the gas pedal. The result was a loud rev, the rumbling echoing throughout the lot. "Woaaaah. I didn't mean to do that." Thankfully the car was still sitting patiently on idle, though the smell of gas entered the air.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 6:15 PM

Skyler looks around, sensing anothers presense. "Show yourself! Don't worry! Please, just show yourself!" She glances around nervously.

@pitch1226

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 1 April 2016 at 6:16 PM

Kita rolled her eyes. "Alright, I'm coming. Just stay where you are."

She hung up and called a taxi. The driver arrived minutes later, and Kita gave him Vladan's vague directions. Fortunately he seemed to know where he was talking about...

When they arrived, she paid the driver and stepped out. She was about to call Vladan again when she caught sight of his car. It wasn't difficult... it was like looking for a candy store in a potato field... it really stood out...

Seeing Vladan in the front seat, she knocked on the window.

"Move over. I'm driving." she said. He was clearly not capable of making it home safely...

@bunnyshadow

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 1 April 2016 at 6:21 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Chloe just stayed where she was. She eyed Skyler. Then she slipped out of the exhibit, not worried if she saw her or not. Chloe quickly made her way to the diamond exhibit. She had to hurry. Chloe was sure the night guard heard all the noise or at least would be traveling back this way.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 6:23 PM

Skyler saw her and ran towards her "why am i running towards her??? This is stupid! Oh well..." She glanced around and spotted Chloe, gasped, and then covered her mouth.

@pitch1226

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 1 April 2016 at 6:29 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Chloe stared at the glass box, containing the diamond. She didn't want to set off any alarms. She heard a gasp and looked behind her, seeing Skyler. The fur on the back of her neck rose. She growled at warning. Chloe glanced back at the diamond then back at Skyler.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 6:31 PM

"please don't hurt me." she says. " I can tell your not a normal dog. And you're obviously trying to steal that. I can help. I guess you saw my powers, i can also move things with my mind so i can delete the alarms to help you, only if you reveal who you really are."

@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 1 April 2016 at 6:33 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

During the time it took Kita to reach her destination, Vladan had effectively passed out in the driver's seat. He had spent the majority of his time rubbing his eyes, and even though it was always this painful, the man still refused to stop using his power. It was a gift he was not willing to waste.

He woke up to a loud tapping on his window. Through the tinted glass he made out a familiar figure.

Vladan opened the door, and greeted her with a thin smile. "I knew you would come for me." Vladan spoke. The man, with the help of his car, somehow managed to stand up so that he was face to face with Kita.

"How bad does it look?" He asked out of nowhere, dropping his bloodshot, crimson eyes into hers. Vladan suddenly turned away quickly, closing them tightly as more tears welled up. The liquid edged out from behind his closed eyes. "Does this happen to you, too?" He whispered. "When you use your powers?"

Before she could respond--"Never mind." The man said as he climbed into the back seat of his car. "It doesn't matter anymore. Just get me home--I'm nearly blind." Though his words still maintained a self confident tone, his body language was screaming otherwise.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 1 April 2016 at 6:38 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Chloe though for a moment. If she told Skyler who she was, she would lose her identity, but she would get the diamond. Chloe went against her better judgment and went up to the glass box and smashed it. Alarms blared. She grabbed the diamond in her large jaws and ran for the exit.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 6:40 PM

Skyler ran, following chloe the entire way. "What are you doing!?!?" she asked. "wait.... i know what you are! You're an Enable like me!" She smiled

@pitch1226

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 1 April 2016 at 6:49 PM

Closing the door behind Vladan, Kita climbed into the driver's seat. Her migraine was getting worse, and she wanted nothing more than to find a bed and lie down the second she got to his house...

She pulled out of the parking lot. Seeing a GPS on the dashboard, she turned it on and hit the "go home" option. Immediately, it began giving her instructions.

"So what happened to your eyes?" she asked, not because she cared, but because it was late and she needed a conversation to keep her alert while driving.

The lights of the oncoming traffic were like knives in her eyes, but she was in much better shape to drive than he was, that was for sure...

@bunnyshadow

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 1 April 2016 at 6:50 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Chloe ran into the night guard, literally. They fell to the ground. Chloe jumped off him and kept running. Finally, she got to the entrance. Then she realized the glass doors were close. Oh [yeep], she thought to herself. Chloe wouldn't be able to open the door in her wolf form. She looked back, still running, and saw Skyler following her. Chloe turned back to the door. Here goes nothing, she thought. Running at full force, she ran head first through the glass doors. Glass exploded everywhere. Chloe felt glass embedded in her fur, but she kept running.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 1 April 2016 at 6:53 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"It happens every time." Vladan mumbled. "Whenever I use it, my eyes start hurting like crazy and shift to whatever it is right now." He said, curling up into a sad little ball in the backseat. "Do you think if I got a new pair of eyeballs it would still happen?" He contemplated. In his intoxicated state, it seemed like a great idea.

"Can we stop by the hospital so I can buy some new eyeballs?"

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 1 April 2016 at 6:54 PM

Skyler moved the glass with telekinesis and followed Chloe, running very fast. "I'm very lucky i did track at my old school!" she yelled to Chloe. "Follow me! I know a very good hiding place!" She waited for Chloe to answer. As she was waiting for Chloe to answer she removed the embedded pieces of glass from her fur with telekinesis.

@pitch1226

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 1 April 2016 at 6:59 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Chloe felt the glass being removed and yelped, dropping the diamond. She quickly turned around. "Sorry, I work alone. Thanks anyway." Honestly, she wouldn't have minded the help, but since the accident with Steven and the thought of what Vladan would do if she brought someone back to the house, made her wary. Chloe picked up the diamond again, and kept on running.