The Enabled (Role-Play)

in Roleplaying

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 March 2016 at 6:09 PM

Still refusing to speak to him, she moved from the driver's side to the passenger's, avoiding his gaze. He kept switching back and forth between arrogant, but friendly and outright insane, and she didn't feel very comfortable being in an enclosed area with him...

She also hated the uncomfortable feeling she had around him, knowing that he could intrude on her thoughts as well. It was downright creepy...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 March 2016 at 6:42 PM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan drove out, heading towards the city--going down the same road he had the night before. The rain had stopped, and dew littered the treetops. The man had opened up the top of his car and rolled down every single window, and occasionally, drops of water would fall inside the car. It was a short, but silent drive. Once he had arrived at his destination, he turned towards the back of the vehicle, placing a hand roughly on the wolf's flank.

"Get up, we're here." He muttered. "Try not to make me look bad you two, this restaurant normally is populated by other aristocrats and government officials." Vladan's door was opened silently by a serviceman and he stepped out without a word of thanks. The worker headed on the other side of the car to release Kita--but he placed a hand roughly on the worker's shoulder. "It's alright, I got it." Instead, Vladan dropped the keys into his palms. "Not a single scratch." He said, glowering at the man, as he opened Kita's door with what looked like a forced smile.

His smile drooped into a frown at the worker's high pitched shriek--he had caught sight of Chloe. "Calm down!" Vladan yelled angrily at the other man. "It's just my dog." He growled menacingly, as he moved to open the other door and release Chloe as well. Though he had claimed that she was a dog, her large size definitely said otherwise, but no one wanted to correct him.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 March 2016 at 6:50 PM

Ignoring Vladan, she stepped out of the car as gracefully as she could manage, and looked up at the restaurant. She raised an eyebrow. Her monthly rent was probably cheaper than the food in this place...

"Have you ever heard of a budget?" She asked him sarcastically, finally breaking her silence.

@bunnyshadow

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 29 March 2016 at 7:00 PM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe snapped awake. Talk about a rude awakening, she thought to herself. The wolf jumped out of the car and looked around. She stayed close to Vladan and Kita. Chloe nearly transformed back to human when she heard the scream. She wanted to growl at him, but restrained. She had to be good. Chloe hated how she had to do what Vladan said though, it made her feel controlled.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 March 2016 at 7:07 PM

@pitch1226 @dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan patted Chloe's head in an attempt to make the huge wolf seem a bit more docile than she actually looked. "Never heard of that. What's a budget and where do I get one? Sounds like something I would want to own." Vladan said, grinning to himself. The glass doors of the restaurant were opened smoothly, and he allowed Kita to enter before he did.

"Sir! Hello kind sir, I'm sorry but animals aren't allowed inside of this establishment."

Vladan sighed in irritation when he turned towards the waiter. "Do you even know who I am?" He said, narrowing his eyes angrily at the woman, satisfaction enveloping his body when she seemed to shrink significantly under his glare. "I want to speak to your manager about this." Vladan spoke arrogantly, pulling out a thin card and handing it to the server. "But when you give the manager this card, I'm sure they would love to speak to me too."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 29 March 2016 at 7:14 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe resisted the urge to bite Vladan's hand off and forced herself to wag her tail. She watched as Vladan let Kita in first and smiled to herself. The wolf had to admit, he could be a gentleman if he wanted to. She followed Kita, ignoring the remark about no animals, knowing Vladan would take care of it.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 March 2016 at 10:07 PM

@pitch1226 @dada_dragon

~~~

It wasn't hard to convince the manager to allow Chloe inside. All it took was a few name drops, and an inconspicuous slipping of a few hundred dollar bills into the other's pocket. The trio was seated by the window, and a waiter walked by to place 2 menus on the table. "Excuse me, but you seem to be missing one." Vladan said--it was the same waiter that had stopped him from entering with Chloe, and he was determined to give her as hard of a time as possible. "Just put it on the floor next to my dog." He said, watching as she knelt down and placed it besides Chloe, flushed with embarrassment at having to treat an animal like that.

"I'd like my drink now please, make sure you get it down one hundred and ten percent correctly or you're going to lose your job." Vladan said. "I want a iced cocktail that includes 1 oz of cranberry juice, 0.5 oz of lime juice, 0.5 of orange liqueur--cointreau preferably, and 1.25 oz of lemon vodka. Make sure to have some gin on the side, and have it chilled." He gazed up at the women with a careless smirk, watching as she wrote furiously, looking as if she was on the verge of tears. Vladan watched as she put down the notebook and headed away to get his drink, but he grabbed her by the wrist. "Excuse me, my darling Kita hasn't made her order yet. And neither has my dog. I'd think it common sense for you to wait for them to decide before going."

The man released his grip from the waiter and turned his gaze towards Kita.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 29 March 2016 at 10:16 PM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe opened the menu with her nose. She searched through the drinks, not knowing what to choose. Eventually she gave up and barked at the waiter. Once she got her attention, Chloe put her paw on the word 'water'. Then continued to look through the menu for something to eat.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 March 2016 at 11:47 PM

Kita sighed.

"A sweet iced tea, please." She said, giving the waitress an apologetic smile.

His darling? If she weren't in such a high-class restaurant, she'd have slapped him again...

She closed her menu. She wasn't going to be able to afford much else and the last thing she wanted was to owe Vladan anything...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 March 2016 at 11:58 PM

@pitch1226 @dada_dragon

~~~

"What would you like for an entree?" Vladan asked Kita. "I'm leaning towards the bruschetta, but I'm honestly not a fan of tomatoes." The man turned towards Chloe. "I'm going to assume you want a meat of some sort. They have great steaks here, but I'm unsure if you would want something cooked or not. I could make a request to have the steak be especially rare, or even raw if you so desire."

"We have a long day ahead, so make sure the both of you eat a large meal."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 30 March 2016 at 12:05 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe wished she could tell Vladan she wanted a rare steak, but she wasn't sure how. She barked once and nodded. The thought of a juicy steak made her mouth water. Chloe licked her lips and closed the menu with her nose. Chloe hoped the steak would live up to her expectations.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 March 2016 at 12:24 AM

"Fine..."

Kita grabbed the menu again and quickly skimmed it. "I'll have the penne with panchetta..."

She set the menu down on the table and turned to Vladan.

"What's with the nice guy act?" she said, keeping her voice low so as not to attract attention.

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 March 2016 at 12:31 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan smiled, and unconsciously began to scratch a small part behind Chloe's large angled ears. He silently considered whether to even bother replying to her. Finally, the man decided on a response. "It hurts my feelings greatly for you to accuse me of such a heinous thing. This is just how I am in general." Vladan lowered his voice.

"To the general public that is. I'm a good guy, you see. Unlike you, I have appearances to keep or I end up losing potential business partners."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 March 2016 at 12:39 AM

"So you really are a monster." She said quietly, smiling so as to keep up the facade of them being out for a meal together for anyone who was watching, but her tone showed him her true meaning. "Man by day, beast by night... and no one around you knows any the wiser."

"Tell me, Vladan... Is it difficult to keep that mask on... to hide the true you... or does lying to everyone around you just come naturally?"

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 30 March 2016 at 12:41 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe would have growled at Vladan, if it hadn't felt so good. Her tail even thumped the ground gently. Chloe felt herself start to relax and let out a sigh. Her stomach grumbled, thinking about the steak.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 March 2016 at 12:56 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Now that's just insulting to both yourself, Chloe and I." Vladan said. "Tell me please, Kita." He said, rolling her name on his tongue. "Are you not the same? You and your facade of being a human when really, you too are a monster--an Enabled." The man leaned back, and spoke loud enough for people at the nearby tables to be able to hear.

"It's a shame isn't it?" Vladan said loudly. "That these Enabled freaks don't just show themselves--sure there are a few heroes, but more of those monsters use their powers for their own self gain." He glanced over and noticed that somebody had been listening in to his words and was nodding in agreement to her table partner.

The waiter had appeared back besides their table, placing his detailed cocktail and Kita's iced tea on the table. She knelt down and put a glass of water at Chloe's feet, attempting to keep as much of a distance as possible. "Be careful, she bites." Vladan noted in amusement as the woman hurriedly dashed to the other side of the table.

"I'd like to order a rare steak, specially made, bordering rare for my dog. In addition, I'll take the penne with panchetta for my date and filet mignon for me. Bruschetta as a starter." Vladan lifted his drink to his lips, enjoying the simple sting it made when it slid down his throat. He wasn't usually a day drinker, but he would make a exception for today. The man assumed that he would sober up before he had to go anywhere important today.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 30 March 2016 at 1:06 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe didn't know what Vladan was playing at, mentioning the enables, but it made her uncomfortable. She shrugged the feeling off and glared at the waiter as she gave Chloe her water. She growled in amusement at the woman's face when Vladan said she bites. She began to lapp up the cold water. She let out a small sneeze when she got a little up her nose.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 March 2016 at 1:14 AM

Kita sipped her drink quietly.

"You aren't a monster because of your powers..." she said. "There are plenty of monsters out there who aren't enabled... It's what you do that makes you a monster."

She set down the iced tea.

"If I recall correctly, I believe you were telling me yesterday how much you would like nothing more than to kill me... And you were quite specific about it too..." She grinned. "Funny though... I'm still alive. So maybe you're not the tough guy you pretend you are. Not that I'm complaining."

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 March 2016 at 1:23 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan clenched his fist at Kita's last statement, bits of Chloe's hair held tightly inbetween his fingers--his knuckles growing white from how firmly he was holding the wolf's hair. He narrowed his eyes at the woman, thinking his next words through silently.

"You have some nerve, sticking up for yourself like this." He forced out calmly, though his tone was much more flat than it usually was. "It's respectable--impressive even, but only makes you look like a complete moron in my eyes. You think you know me from what you've seen before, but trust me..." Vladan trailed off, and having realized how tightly he was holding on to Chloe, he released his grip on her fur.

"You know absolutely nothing."

He pushed his drink aside, and placed his elbows on the table--then his head on his intertwined hands. Vladan shifted his gaze towards her eyes.

"You don't know a single thing."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 30 March 2016 at 1:30 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe yelped, feeling her fur being tugged. She glared at Vladan and continued drinking her water. She didn't know what he was so upset about, but she wasn't a stress ball, and if he grabbed her fur again, Chloe would make sure he knew not to.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 March 2016 at 1:47 AM

"You're probably right..." she said, the smile disappearing from her face. She tried not to let on how intimidated she was. With a power as weak as hers, she had to fake confidence on a regular basis... "All I know is what you've shown me... and what you've shown me is a monster."

She resumed drinking her iced tea. There wasn't much he could do to her in such a public place, but she had to get away from him before he got the chance to follow up on his threats...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 March 2016 at 2:28 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan roughly placed his hand on Chloe again, this time rubbing the base of her furry neck. "About your phone..." He muttered. "I noticed you haven't used it the entire day. Do you not have anyone to call home to? Unless you live alone or without roommates, there must be someone you should have notified of your absence."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 March 2016 at 2:50 AM

Kita didn't respond. She didn't want to admit that she did indeed live alone... The phone was merely a convenience... Even if she did call anyone, no one she knew lived close enough to be of any help.

She didn't want to admit that she had no one to call, but it didn't make it any less true...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 March 2016 at 3:00 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan wondered why Kita had gone silent, and casually stared into her eyes, gazing into them long enough for him to pull her thoughts into her mind. He hoped to have done it inconspicuously enough for her to not notice, and he related quietly to himself. He too lived alone, the animals made up a majority of his company, and Vladan had no friends to call. The man only ever used it for business and the likes, and he thought quietly back to his fleeting thoughts from the night before.

Though he lived in a large home filled with expensive furniture and roaming pets, no amount of materialistic things could fill the hole in his heart. Perhaps he should throw a celebration soon to give the home some energy, but the man was long past his high school partying days.

Vladan shook away these thoughts as the waitress placed the food on the table, and Chloe's still-bleeding steak by her side.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 March 2016 at 3:07 AM

Kita shifted uncomfortably under Vladan's gaze. She was beginning to realize that the chill she was getting was her sensing his power.

"Stop doing that... whatever you were doing." she said, her confident tone dropping somewhat. "I can feel it when you do that... It's creeping me out."

She began eating her meal. It was pretty great stuff, but she knew she would never come here afterward unless she managed to win the lottery and then decided that a large portion of that should be dedicated to one meal...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 March 2016 at 3:23 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan didn't bother to reply to Kita's statement, though his eyes widened slightly at her words. He hadn't known that the woman could sense when he tried to do something. "If you say so." The man ate the rest of the meal in silence, his quietness throwing a blanket over his deep thoughts. However much he tried to stop himself, he couldn't help but enjoy his time with Kita. It was a shame that they hadn't met under different circumstances, but it was probably these different circumstances that had made her so unique.

The man considered asking if she would have liked to stay at his place for a bit, since she had been living alone anyway--but turned himself down. Kita was sure to decline, though Vladan certainly wasn't entirely unwilling to manipulate her into agreeing to it. Perhaps he could have one of his underclassman set her home on fire. Vladan was sure the fire wielding enabled would be up for the job.

And even if Kita declined, he wondered silently if at least Chloe would agree to stay. She was considerably useful, and would probably feed and bathe his animals for free--saving Vladan a ton of time and concern. The man pushed these thoughts out of his head as he placed his fork and knife on top of his plate.

"There's a club not too far from here that I need to go meet a business partner at later on today." He stared down at Chloe, nudging the wolf with the tip of his foot. "I'm afraid that you aren't allowed in there, and even I can't do anything about it." But in reality, he simply didn't want her to come along. Vladan feared it would stir up more trouble, considering he was supposed to be delivering the briefcase filled with the full of stolen jewelry from the day before.

"You two can stay at my home while waiting for me to get back." Vladan said. "Or I can hand the both of you each a bit of money so you woman can go shopping--or whatever it is woman do nowadays." The man had never bought anything for a woman before, he had always hired other men or woman to go out and purchase gifts for him. If it was the birthday of a woman he was interested in courting, he would normally just call up a woman of similar interests and ask her to spend some money for him while he spent time at home resting.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 March 2016 at 4:02 AM

Kita shook her head.

"If you think I am going to stick around, you are sorely mistaken." She said plainly. "I'm leaving as soon as we are done here... before you lose your temper again. I'm not your pet."

Let him try to stop her... She wasn't in the mood.

@bunnyshadow

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 30 March 2016 at 8:39 AM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe happily munched on her steak. It was better than any steak she had ever eaten. The flavors danced around in her mouth. Chloe felt a nudge and listened to what Vladan had to say. She nodded, relieved she wouldn't have to stay in wolf form much longer. Not being much of a shopper, Chloe decided that she'd stay at the house, maybe take the dogs for a walk or something. Maybe plan for her next heist... She hadn't stolen something in so long, and Chloe was itching to do it again.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 March 2016 at 9:50 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

"I can't take you home until I have time, and I won't have time until later tonight." Vladan argued. "I don't understand why you are turning my offer down, I'm sure you find purchasing clothes and jewelry--and the likes, a very amusing experience." He tapped a finger impatiently on the table surface. "You are not doing anything but gaining from simply staying a bit longer."

The man placed his hand on Chloe's head. "I'm sure Chloe would be more than happy to accompany you."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 30 March 2016 at 11:45 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe took her head out from underneath Vladan's hand. She won't mind going with Kita. However, Chloe doubted Kita would want to hang out with someone who almost bit her arm off. If she did, Chloe was fine with that too. If not, whatever, she had planning to do.