The Enabled (Role-Play)

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 27 March 2016 at 5:39 PM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe noticed it was very quiet.

"What's going on," she whispered to herself. She turned into a wolf, hoping to hear anything or at least smell something. Nothing. She padded back into the hallway, debating whether to leave or not. She decided to test the fates and stay longer.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 27 March 2016 at 6:55 PM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan needed a second to comprehend what the woman had just said. "Mimicking?" He questioned. "Your ability. You can mimic others?" The man said wondrously. "Imagine all the things you can do with that power..." If Vladan had that ability, he would dedicate his entire life to capture and containment of any enabled he could hunt down. He could already envision how easily he could rule the world if he could somehow manage to get this woman by his side.

But what he needed now was a good night's sleep so he could focus on doing all the things he couldn't manage to complete today--tomorrow. First, he needed to figure out what she was talking about.

"There's absolutely no way someone else is in here. No one can get past the security at the fence, much less my dogs." Vladan noted arrogantly.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 27 March 2016 at 8:34 PM

She frowned.

"No. There is definitely someone up there." She said, momentarily distracted from the fact that he'd kidnapped her. "And it isn't as exciting of a power as you'd think... It requires physical contact and other people's powers are difficult to control... It's like being handed the keys to a shapeship... It's kind of cool, but there's not a lot you can do with it."

He was still looming over her, and clearly not all there... Conscious enough, but slower to process things...

"Can you... Let me get up, maybe?"

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 27 March 2016 at 8:49 PM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan stepped aside to let the woman get up. He lifted up his hand and rubbed the back of his neck, effectively smearing his blood all over his skin. "Go right ahead." The man said, albeit a bit hesitantly. "Can you store the powers? Mimic another enabled's abilities and keep it for yourself?" He questioned. Honestly, Vladan did not believe anyone was in here, ignoring her statements.

"There's no one in here. My home security is stronger than you think. I have security cameras, fences, dogs and even exotic animals--lion, tiger, bear. There's an alligator in my backyard pond."

He pursed his lips. "If you want to go and check, go right ahead. I bet you a thousand dollars that no one is there. If you encounter any of my pets, they probably won't bite if you show them you're alpha. Just don't run or they'll likely chase."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 27 March 2016 at 10:19 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe felt paranoid. Something was definitely wrong, all her instincts said so. Unfortunately, Chloe was never good at listening to her instincts. She pushed open one of the doors with her nose. Inside was a beautiful white lion. He lifted his head up when she poked her head in.
"Are you my dinner?"
"Are you stupid? Look [yeep] cat, I just walked into the wrong room. Sorry and all that." She grabbed the doorknob with her teeth and closed the door. She never liked cats or anything related to them.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 27 March 2016 at 10:29 PM

She stood up. The mimic was wearing off... She had to get up there before she lost them...

Limping slowly up the stairs, she tried to make as little noise as possible. The house was huge, but she was getting closer...

She stopped. Whoever it was was right around the corner... She couldn't tell what kind of power they had, but she wasn't taking any chances... She'd already been kidnapped once today...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 27 March 2016 at 10:36 PM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan watched silently as the woman continued on her way, fuming quietly to himself that she had ignored his questions. He'll force the answers out of the woman tomorrow morning. As of now, he ventured to one of the downstairs showers, shivering to himself. The rain was beating against the roof of his house, and the trees outside his home seemed bent nearly in half from the heavy wind.

He entered the downstairs bathroom, and turned on the water. The man stared at himself in the mirror, giving himself a few seconds to sober up before entering the shower. Vladan honestly hoped none of his pets would find the woman, like his dogs, they didn't listen to or show mercy to even him--and would likely think she was a second dinner.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 27 March 2016 at 10:41 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

The scent of blood and liquor hit Chloe's nose. Her ears went back and her tail was stiff. The fur on the back of her neck rose and her lips curled up, revealing her sharp teeth. Chloe slowly walked toward the smell, hoping she would see the host of the smell first. She was willing to put up a fight, hating the idea of captivity. Chloe liked being free, with no master.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 1:21 AM

Kita grabbed the closest object to her - a heavy metal decoration of some sort - and took a deep breath. Holding the object in one fist, she charged around the corner.

"Back off! I've got a..."

She was not expecting a large dog... no... a wolf. Was this the enabled she'd been sending? Could animals be enabled too?

"Easy there..." She said, backing away slowly, holding her hands in front of her. This really wasn't her day. "I'm not going to hurt you, wolfie..."

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 1:30 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe was amused by Kita's confused face. However, she was in no mood to play nice. She growled, not sure she should attack or not. Chloe fixed her blue eyes on Kita's. She realized this was the woman that was stabbed and kidnapped. That meant this 'Vladan' character was here somewhere.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 1:51 AM

Kita held the object in front of her, as if it might somehow ward off the wolf, which she knew it wouldn't. She needed to do something...

So much for not making any more dumb decisions...

Taking a hurried look down an adjacent hallway, she made her choice. Throwing the metal ornament at the wolf, she bolted, turning a corner and making her way to the stairway.

@pitch1226
@bunnyshadow

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 2:00 AM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe dodged the object and ran after her. She skidded as she ran around the corner. Chloe barked as she chased Kita. She started to gain on her and Chloe prepared to pounce.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 2:09 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan sighed into the mirror after stepping out of the shower. His eyes were drooping, and he was extremely tired--especially after the day's events. He ventured out into the hall toweling his wet hair on the way. The man was beginning to regain his senses after the shower. Vladan wandered to the main room to see the woman looking completely shaken at the top of the stairway.

Loud barking entered his ears and he tossed the towel aside. "What the--" He yelled. "I told you not to mess with my animals!" Vladan called out. However, once he caught sight of the large animal dashing after the woman he shouted at her with wide eyes.

"That's not mine! That giant dog running after you doesn't belong to me!"

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 2:10 AM

Kita grimaced. Her ankle felt like it was burning... She turned back to see the wolf right behind her.

"Vladaaaaaaaan!!!" She yelled.

It went against every bit of common sense she had to call for help from the person who had only moments before threatened to carve her up like a turkey, but she had certainly done crazier things today...

Her ankle gave way and she fell. Throwing up her arms to protect her face from the wolf, she curled up in a ball.

"Vladaaaaaaaan, help!!!!!"

@pitch1226
@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 2:14 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

"It's not mine!" Vladan yelled again. "Keep running!" He called out. The man dashed over towards the wolf kneeling on it's hind legs as it prepared to jump. He wasn't used to this, perhaps the animal had somehow gotten through from the forest behind his home.

"Sit!" Vladan called towards it--he had no idea what else to do. It didn't work with even his own dogs, who knew if the wolf would even listen. Nevertheless, he knelt slightly and glowered at the animal. His animals always backed down when he stood up to them.

Vladan curled his lips back in a feral snarl, pulling back his teeth to reveal his sharpened canine teeth.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 2:18 AM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe jumped onto Kita, grabbing her arm with her jaws. She pulled, dragging her around. She started to taste blood in her mouth. Chloe's instincts went wild, pushing her on and on. She bit down harder. Chloe pulled at Kita's arm as hard as she could, enjoying the blood that spilled in her mouth in the process.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 2:23 AM

@pitch1226 @dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan grabbed the animal by the scruff of it's neck. "Get off of her!" He howled in anger. "Who in this world gave you permission to hurt this woman?" Vladan angrily screamed. "I'll kill you!" It wasn't the first time the man had yelled those words this day.

"I'll cook you and eat you!" He shouted. "Odilia!" Vladan cried out, unsure if he had locked the door to her room. Soon enough, a pearl colored lion came barreling down the stairs. "Kill this beast!" The lion pounced on top of the wolf, it's weight catching and throwing Vladan off to the side as well. Hopefully it wouldn't crush the woman in the process.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 2:31 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe forced her attention on the lion. She struggled under it's weight, barely able to breath. She bit it's arm, distracting it long enough for Chloe to scabble out from underneath the lion. While she had the opportunity, she turned toward Vladan and yelled in human:

"That woman threw a metal object at me!!! You think I'm going to let her get away with that?! That is no way to treat an animal!!!"

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 2:35 AM

Kita could feel its teeth digging into her arm, dragging her around. It then occurred to her that this was an enabled... Would her arm being in its mouth count as physical contact?

She focused on mimicking. Much like with Vladan, she was unsure of what would happen... But then she looked down at her arm.

Shaggy grey hair was sprouting from her wrist, spreading rapidly up her arm. She could feel her teeth growing long and sharp inside her mouth. Suddenly it made sense.

"Vladan, it's not a wolf!!! It's a shapeshaaaaarrrgg-!"

She was interrupted by her jaw growing out into a wolf's muzzle. She looked down at herself. She was a wolf... This was new...

As the wolf let go of her leg long enough for her to free it, she jumped out of the way of the lion. She growled, lunging at the wolf. She only had three minutes (give or take) before the mimic wore off, she had to make every second count...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 2:41 AM

@pitch1226 @dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan stopped his screaming when the wolf opened it's mouth and began barking in a deep gargled language that sounded oddly familiar. He missed the first few words of what it was saying through the loud roaring of his lion protesting against the bite wound, but he seemed to make out what it was trying to say.

"Back off!" He yelled at Odilia, and the lion silently complied, kneeling and backing slowly away--before placing her head on her front paws. Vladan turned to face the large dog. "You speak?" The man asked incredulously, before turning towards the woman. "And you were throwing my furniture around?" He asked, just as disbelievingly. "I'm going to sue you!"

He'd done many things in his life, and seen many things as well, but never had he seen something as silly as a talking wolf. Before he could say anything else, the woman began sprouting fur, and her face elongated into a snout.

"Oh my god!" Vladan yelled. "What is even happening anymore?" His normally cool and collected composure disappeared when he grabbed his head.

"Can both of you just relax for a bit so I can take in what's happening first?" He protested, just as Odilia roared noisily. "Shut up!" Vladan yelled at the lion. The animal turned to face the man, eyeing him angrily. All of the yelling certainly wasn't putting him in a favorable position.

"Don't you freaking dare!" He snarled at the lion. Odilia's only response was to let out another ear splitting roar before pouncing on him and sending him roughly onto the ground.

"Help!" He yelled. Odilia was much more different from his dogs--she could actually kill him, and the wounds she caused were much deeper and harder to heal. "Someone stop her! I have some tranquilizers on the dining table!"

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 2:47 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe watched as the lion pinned Vladan down.
"Hey! Get off him! I SAID OFF!" Chloe's growl was followed by a loud and stern bark. She snapped at the lion, keeping eye contact.
"I'm going to say it one more time. Get OFF or have bite marks on your throat!"

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 2:53 AM

@pitch1226

~~~

Odilia backed off, albeit a bit hesitantly. No doubt she was confused that the wolf was suddenly somehow speaking her language. She sat down on her hind legs, cocking her head at the wolf in surprise. 'What are you?' she questioned. During her stay at this home, she had encountered many people and many animals, but this was something different.

Before the lion could ask any more questions, Vladan stood up and angrily stepped over to the animal. Without hesitation, he punched it straight in the face. "You dumb cat!" The man yelled, fuming angrily. "You're a useless piece of trash! I'm going to kill you and sell your skin on the black market!" The lion took the full brunt of his punch, and was knocked slightly of her feet. Though the man was powerful, the lion was big.

He angrily picked up a vase from a nearby wooden stand and threw it at the animal, vexed that it didn't cry out from his punch. The vase shattered against the animals hide, glass pieces flying in every direction, and making a broken mosaic of shattered glass and blood on the lion's white fur.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 3:00 AM

@bunnyshadow

Chloe watched in horror as she watched Vladan abuse Odilia. She quickly turned into a human, wearing her causal clothing.

"I didn't save you for you to abuse her! How dare you! Maybe she would listen to you if you weren't so mean to her!" Chloe rushed to Odilia's side. She stroked her bleeding pelt.

"Are you ok? It's ok." Chloe stood up and faced Vladan.

"As for you, if you hurt a fur on her head, so help me, I will get every animal in this house to turn on you!"

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 3:09 AM

Kita looked from Vladan to the wolf girl, unsure of what to do... She was stuck in this form until it wore off, since she had no idea how to turn back...

Vladan had appeared to have sobered up a bit, between the shower and the rampaging wolf... And he was furious. The wolf girl seemed alright, except that Kita'd thrown something at her, so she wasn't sure how well they'd get along...

@pitch1226
@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 3:16 AM

@pitch1226

~~~

"Let's see you try!" Vladan yelled arrogantly. "She deserves this treatment for not listening to my commands." He protested, ignoring completely the fact that there was now another strange woman in his house, this one stroking his lion like some sacred animal. "I feed her, bathe her, and give her a place to stay, she has no right to attack me like that at all."

"I do not abuse any of my animals at all." He glowered at the woman. "I educate them. They are here to keep me safe and guard my home, not to attack me on sight." Vladan explained in annoyance. "I bought her for 150,000 dollars, and I will not let her do as she pleases. Of course-- a peasant like you wouldn't understand."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 3:18 AM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe looked over at Kita and blushed.
"Uh, sorry about that... when I'm a wolf, I tend to lose my temper easily." She looked at Vladan. "Do you have any Hydrogen Peroxide? It's a good cleaning agent for dog bites." She ignored his rant.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 3:26 AM

The mimic wore off. Kita returned to her human form, feeling a little uneasy and vulnerable...

"Um... I'm fine..." She said, putting pressure onto the puncture marks in her arm with her hand. She was feeling incredibly outmatched. She was used to dealing with petty thieves with little ability... This was far beyond her...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 3:35 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

"If you're sure." Chloe looked at Kita's eyes. She could see the whites of her eyes.
"Feeling a little scared or overwhelmed? I'd be surprised if you weren't."

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 3:45 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan screamed in annoyance, and reached over to pick up a vase to throw at Odilia, before realizing he had already thrown it. He was so out of it right now, and it only made him angrier by the second. The man stormed over to a wooden table and snatched up an ax that was leaning way too casually by the doorway.

"Get out of my sight!" He yelled at the lion, turning away from it as the animal began it's journey up the stairs silently and with it's tail tucked between her hind legs. The table met a cruel, unjustified end as Vladan swung the ax at the surface. It cracked in half with a loud bang, and he swung it again at one of the legs. Sadly, there were plates on top, and they met a terrible end as they slid onto the linoleum.

"I'm going to sleep." He muttered angrily, as he threw the weapon on the table--now just a large piece of shredded wood. "You two..." The man turned towards the pair. "I couldn't care less what you both do, just let me rest. Tomorrow morning I have to go to work."

"Go ahead and explore, look around and play with the animals if you want. Bring my dogs in if you want, it's thundering outdoors and they're probably hiding uncomfortably under the porch."

"Just please--" Vladan said, though the second word was spoken in a flat tone--he obviously didn't mean it. "Don't break any more of my furniture."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 3:59 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe resisted the urge to smack Vladan upside the head. She took a deep breath and began to walk towards the door. She opened it and whistled loudly. The two dogs came in.
"I'm guessing you have kennels so, Kennels. Now." She glared at them and watched them go upstairs. Once the dogs were out of sight, Chloe yawned and walked over to a couch. She was too tired to go back to her house. She laid down on the couch and tried to get comfortable. After ten minuets of tossing and turning, she climbed up the stairs and found the room where Odilia was. Chloe curled up next to her.
"Don't worry, I wont let him hurt you anymore." She closed her eyes and fell asleep.