The Enabled (Role-Play)

in Roleplaying

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 4:08 AM

As soon as the girl left, Kita grabbed Vladan's arm, looking him square in the eyes.

"What is your problem?" She demanded. "You cut me, kidnap me, threaten to kill me, and now I'm supposed to explore this place like I'm some kind of houseguest? Are you out of your mind?"

She wanted to slap him right in his pretty little rich kid face. He certainly deserved it. He was acting like a spoiled little rich child. It infuriated her that she had been intimidated by him.

On second thought...

She raised her arm, sending her open palm flying straight at his face.

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 5:34 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan turned when he felt the strong grip of the woman's hand grabbing him on his arm. "Watch it--!" He was cut off suddenly and looked down at her just to feel the full force of the slap on his face. It was open-handed and stung. His first thought wasn't what he would normally say--which was 'Who do you think you are?'. Instead, other words left his mouth.

"I felt that." He said. It was an odd feeling, it didn't particularly hurt, but it did leave behind a prickling sensation. Vladan hadn't been physically hit like that in a long time--he was used to getting bit or scratched by animals, or even stabbed or shot by people and not feeling a single thing. This was different, he supposed.

Once he overcame the first wave of shock, annoyance replaced his oncoming confusion. "Don't act like you've been acting properly this entire night either. I saved you from that maniac tossing fire around in a forest for christ's sake! I carry you in the pouring rain into the house and up the stairs and into a new room with a shower and everything you need to take care of your wound. All you do to thank me is throw away my expensive alcohol and toss my furniture around like it's not worth a single dime." He stopped his rant as he turned his back on her. "I should have let the wolf kill you."

"Do you not understand?" Vladan said, raising his voice as he wrenched his arm out of her grip.

"You ruined a huge opportunity for me today when you took that bag from me. Who gave you the right to try to take that to me? What are you--a superhero? A cop?" He rubbed the half of his face that was starting to burn up, before running it through his hair. "You act like I started this entire mess. Do you realize that if you had never tried to steal my bag that you wouldn't be here? Do you remember that you were the first one to make a move? Am I not supposed to defend myself when a random stranger--hooded for that matter, attempts to start a fight? You could be anyone, and you could want me dead. Do you realize that I might not be here tomorrow just because I missed the delivery?" Vladan continued, raising his voice. Of course she didn't. People like her--and the shape-shifting enabled would never understand his line of work.

"What I do for a living, one mistake can cost you your reputation, and maybe even your life." He said furiously. "Get out of my sight." Vladan seethed. "Leave for all I care!" The man shouted. "Walk right out the front door, the keys are on the dining room table--in the same dumb room where you threw away my drinks! Might as well smash some more furniture and raid my fridge while you're at it."

"Good night." Vladan said bluntly before making his way up the stairs.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 9:25 AM

"You SAVED me?" She yelled, now properly furious. "Listen, you spoiled little brat, the only reason I needed saving was because YOU stabbed me in the foot. You carried me through the rain after you KIDNAPPED me, and when you brought me to that room, you promptly reminded me that you would be killing me afterwards."

She followed him up the stairs, her anger growing.

"Yeah, I dumped out your drink, but that probably saved YOUR life, because if I hadn't, wolf lady there would probably have eaten your face while you were passed out. I threw that ornament- which is METAL by the way, so I'm sure it's fine- because I was trying to escape a WOLF!"

"And no, I'm not a superhero or cop. I'm just me. I do what I can, with my pathetic little power to do something worthwhile with my life. I was trying to take your bag to return it to where it was stolen from."

His last words startled her. She supposed that perhaps she may have seemed like a threat... And he was just trying to stay alive, like her...

She stopped following him, and stood in the hallway, not knowing what to say...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 11:47 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Yeah, yeah." Vladan grumbled. "You do what you can--that's what people like you always say. There's a reason I'm here where I am today and you're still doing whatever you're wasting your life away doing. You think I got to here by sitting around twiddling my thumbs?" He turned around to face her.

"Why didn't you chase after the enabled that had actually stolen the jewelry? Do you realize that he's also doing what he can? Doing something "worthwhile" with his life? He's impoverished and he lives on the streets--with two starving children--I'll have you know. How else do you think he's going to take care of them? Would you let them starve? I'm helping him. I give him a job, and he does it in return for pay."

"I'm sure you've heard of the controversial question: If you were poor and starving on the streets, would you steal to save yourself and your child?"

Vladan was so close to losing his temper and strangling the woman right then and there. "I don't want to see you again." He added. "Stay here for the night if you wish, but you better be gone tomorrow morning." With those last words, he stormed down the corridor and into a room, but not before another statement was thrown towards her.

"Make sure the wolf-girl is taken care of as well. I'm not complaining if I can pull another pelt for my collection, but it's too much work for it to be able to be worth my time."

The sound of his door shutting resonated down the long hall.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 12:34 PM

"That little..." she growled.

-Yeah... give him a job stealing for you, when you have an entire company. Why not give him a job there?- she thought to herself.

It was late, but there was no chance that she was going to get any sleep tonight. Not with a lion having free range of the place... She wandered the downstairs corridors, finding many empty rooms. It seemed pretty big for someone who rarely had company over.

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of something shining through a slightly open door. She opened the door to find what looked like a studio. Inside was a beautiful piano, obviously incredibly expensive like everything he owned.

She wasn't a piano player... she could play 'Mary had a Little Lamb' with only a few sour notes. She wondered if Vladan played, though she wouldn't put it past him to just own it for the sake of owning it.

Beside the piano though, there was an instrument case, which she opened. Inside was a beautiful violin, which she was surprised to note was actually a pretty standard violin... no expensive embellishments or anything. She wondered if it was brought here by a visitor. Surely Vladan didn't want any common items in his collection...

She picked it up out of the case. It was in good shape, and although she hadn't played in the year since she'd left home, a lifetime of lessons was difficult to forget... She tuned the instrument, drawing the bow against it to check its sound.

Despite being a common violin, the sound was incredible. She hesitated, but Vladan's room was far away from here, and she doubted it would wake him. She closed the door for good measure, though.

She sat down, her ankle needing a rest, and began playing.

Although it took her a while to remember the song's notes, the positions of her fingers and the movement of the bow came instantly. What did they call it? Muscle memory... right.

Her father had insisted that she learn an instrument. He'd suggested piano, but after hearing a street musician play violin on a walk with her parents, she had insisted. She didn't realize that she'd missed it so much...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 1:41 PM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

It was early morning the next day when Vladan woke up. He cleaned up his face in his adjacent bathroom. The man seemed about to get dressed, before hesitatingly heavily at his appearance. His hand was cut, and the bite wound was deep and glowing bright red on his right arm. On the the other arm, a long cut ran from his wrist to his elbow.

"Oh boy..." He muttered to himself as he recalled last night's chain of events. Vladan ventured downstairs, wondering vaguely if the pair of enabled had journeyed out of his home and to theirs. The man stepped into his kitchen and glared at the puddle of liquor still on the ground. It was beginning to make the entire living room smell like a bar.

He called out for his dogs, and they rushed down the stairs barking wildly the entire time. Vladan greeted them and pulled out a pair of steaks from his freezer. "Catch." He called out, throwing the meat over. They growled and bit into the steaks, tearing into them with their razor sharp teeth. Once the dogs had finished their meal, he knelt down in front of them.

"Hunting time" Vladan said. They perked up at his words, and began sniffing on the ground. He followed them as they journeyed down one of his many corridors, poking their noses inside rooms along the way. There was a door opened slightly near the very end of the hall, and he caught site of the woman hunched over a violin on the ground--near the base of his grand piano.

"Thank you." He whispered to the dogs. "Go away now." Vladan said, shooing them away. Vladan paced over to where she was, hands shoved into his sweatpants pockets. "Hey." He said a bit uncertainly. The man knelt down besides the woman and placed the back of his cold hand on her cheek. "Get up." Vladan said to her sleeping figure.

He moved his hand from her cheek to her hair. Oh my.... Vladan nearly gasped at how soft her black locks were. The man stroked the strands slowly, already distracted from his primary target, nearly dozing off in the process.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 1:58 PM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe woke up and stretched. She glanced at Odilia who was still sleeping. Chloe got up and slowly trudged downstairs. Rubbing her eyes, tiredly, she noticed a door was open. Peeking inside she saw Vladan and her eyes widened. She smiled and continued to walk into the kitchen. She opened the fridge and looked for something to eat.

Deleted • 28 March 2016 at 7:17 PM

Venus had enough with waiting for something to play out for her amusement, all she heard was fusing over furniture, money, life and death, kidnapping, and etc. She got out of the tree yawning, wasn't surprising no one saw her. She slept through the night, wondering if she should make a move. All the time she wasted on this boring thing. Venus sighed and slowly climbed off the tree and headed for home. The rain ended, but things were still damp.

Her hair wasn't really wet, but her hoodie and other outer clothing is. Venus didn't have a home so she went to and just decided to go to the library, home schooling herself from now on. Her parents don't know about her whereabouts or anything, they think she's missing or dead right now, but she thinks of them as dead meat.
@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226
@dada_dragon

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 7:27 PM

Kita woke to the sensation of something touching her face. She was sore from the unnatural position she'd been sleeping in. She opened her eyes slowly, startled to see a face right in front of her.

She was suddenly wide awake. Forgetting in her hazy, not-quite-awake state where she was, she immediately panicked, trying to remember why she wasn't in her own home. She scrambled back from the unfamiliar man (or at least unfamiliar in that moment).

As she slowly remembered the night before, her panic was replaced with fear. Vladan was not the half-aware, detached man that he was last night... He was fully rested, and therefore much more dangerous.

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 7:52 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Hello." Vladan greeted. "I never quite caught your name, woman." He said, as he brushed himself and stood up, pretending as if he was never ogling her hair in the first place. The man glanced over to the violin placed carefully on the ground several feet besides where she had passed out for the night.

"I see you've taken a liking to her violin." He mentioned vaguely, as he gave a sideways glance to the instrument. "I'm in a rush at the moment, but I would absolutely love to hear something later on tonight--if you choose to stay that is." Vladan shifted his weight from his right side to his left, waiting for her to get back to her senses so he could ask her the question he had been thinking of.

Vladan stared down at his the ground by his feet, before shifting his gaze several inches above her head--purposefully not looking her in the eyes.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 8:48 PM

Kita stared at him, unsure. He seemed to have done a complete shift of tone from yesterday. She didn't trust it for one second...

She considered lying about her name, but from what she could tell from the mimic, he could probably tell if she was lying...

"Kita." She said simply, still suspicious of his apparent pleasantries. "Sorry, I just saw it lying there and..."

She caught sight of her ankle. It had gone from bad to worse overnight. It was now a sickly white and still swollen, with bruising everywhere. She vaguely remembered removing the bandage to let it air out, but clearly she should have left it on... She was no doctor, but she knew it was not good.

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 8:59 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Well." Vladan trailed off. "Nice to meet you Kita. Glad to know your name." He cut straight to the point after that. "As you can see, my wounds are in terrible condition." He glanced over at Kita, watching her as she stared at her ankle, which somehow looked actually worse than the bite wound his dogs had given him, and the cuts he had given himself. At least his dogs were illness free, and his self inflicted damage was clean.

"I have to go to work soon." He murmured, probably not loud enough for her to hear. "And I would like if you could take care of my injuries so that they look presentable in public." Vladan almost interrupted himself when he quickly interjected.

"I can pay you." He added. "And you can come along, too--if you want that is. Maybe learn a thing or two about business." Vladan rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm not sure if I can drive with this." Vladan made a grand gesture towards his arm. Though the wound was pretty deep, it clearly wasn't as big of a deal as he made it sound like.

"Also."

He threw in his next sentence very much like a command. "I'd prefer if you cleaned up the mess you made last night--both the liquor and the bits of furniture you had thrown around here and there." Vladan pulled out the woman's phone from his pocket and held it out towards her.

"I went out to retrieve this from the car this morning. It's cracked and kind of laggy, but should still work." Vladan hoped she didn't notice that he had gone through her messages and such. "I can buy you a new one if you wish but..." Vladan said, continuing to ask for a favor for every one thing he had semi-helped her do. "You're going to have to make me good food today." He hesitated before adding more.

"I can't cook, and it's a hassle to eat out."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 9:55 PM

Now there was the Vladan she'd come to expect... Self-centred and demanding. She expected it, but she still wasn't happy...

"Why don't I just wash your feet while I'm at it?" She asked sarcastically. "Try getting sympathy from someone you didn't kidnap. I'm not your maid and I'm certainly not following you around your work like I'm your little pet."

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 10:15 PM

@dada_dragon @mila_titan @pitch1226

~~~

"I guess we're eating out after all then." Vladan said. The man rolled his eyes at Kita's response. "Go get dressed while I go fetch the wolf girl. There should be a woman's clothing in almost every bedroom in here." He made sure to look Kita in the eye when he spoke next. "I've had many woman stay the night, and they all absolutely loved it." Vladan smirked at his uncivil statement.

"You are coming with me today whether you like it or not." He turned and headed out the door, slamming it shut on his way out. Vladan made his way to the kitchen, where he caught sight of the shapeshifter raiding his refrigerator. "Don't bother." The man said as he reached over the girl and shut the door. "We're eating out today in case you haven't heard."

Vladan decided to give this one a try. Maybe she would be more agreeable. "I never quite caught your name. What is it, if I may ask?" He attempted once again.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 10:28 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon
@mila_titan

Chloe looked at Vladan suspiciously, but shugged it off.

"Chloe. Chloe Shanx. And if we are eating out, it better be somewhere with meat." Chloe was quiet for a little. "So, uh, what was that this morning? With the woman?"

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 10:37 PM

@pitch1226

~~~

"Nothing you should be worrying about Chloe." Vladan leaned in towards her, probably way too close for comfort. "You think you could do me a quick favor and help me bandage up and make these wounds look presentable?" He glanced down sideways at the puddle of liquor still slowly evaporating on the linoleum. "And perhaps clean that up once you're finished taking care of me?"

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 10:44 PM

@bunnyshadow

Chloe smiled at Vladan. That was the Vladan she knew. "Fine, whatever. Under one condition. You need to at least TRY to be nicer towards your pets. That cant be to hard, right?" She raised an eyebrow, waiting for his response.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 10:48 PM

@pitch1226

~~~

"Thank you and no problem darling." Vladan replied smoothly. "In fact, the medical supplies are still on the table." He said, using his head to point on the surface of the dining table. "Once you're finished, I'll go feed Odilia while you clean the floor." The man leaned to his original standing position and stood silently as he awaited Chloe's medical attention.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 March 2016 at 11:06 PM

Kita stood up, using the wall for support. Her foot felt every bit as bad as it looked, and putting weight on it only made it worse.

She made her way slowly to the nearest bedroom and browsed the closet. Some of the stuff in there was clearly used, and she made up her mind that she wasn't going to touch any of it, but some of it was new, with the price tag still attached.

They must have been gifts, she realized. Kita's eyes widened at the prices. What else had he bought for these women that they could manage to forget these?

She settled on a skirt and blouse - not her typical attire and way too expensive for her taste, but it was certainly one of the least outlandish things in there...

She had less luck with shoes... everything in the closet was much too small for her now enlarged foot, which she had cleaned and re-bandaged. Perhaps his royal highness might have a larger pair of shoes elsewhere...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 11:06 PM

@bunnyshadow

Chloe was surprised by Vladan response. She pointed to a chair. "Sit." She walked over to the table and grabbed the hydrogen peroxide. Chloe grabbed some Neosporin and gauze. "It might sting a little." She put some hydrogen peroxide on his wounds. Then she smeared some Neosporin on top. Lastly, she wrapped the gauzed over his wounds. "When you get a chance, try to change the gauze. It'll get infected if you don't." She placed a roll of gauze in his hand. "Now go feed Odilia. I'm going to clean the floor."

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 March 2016 at 11:21 PM

@pitch1226 @dada_dragon

~~~

Vladan left without so much as a thank you. He ventured out into the hall, calling out slightly for the lion. "Odilia!" The man yelled. "Time to eat!" He yelled. The lioness came barreling down the stairs less than a minute after the words left his mouth. "Over here." The man said, heading for the front door. He normally fed her rabbits, or even zebras on a good day. Keeping a large animal like her was expensive, her meals itself cost thousands. However, he had run low on food and had forgotten to call up the delivery men that week.

Instead, he threw her a couple of bloody steaks outdoors, which she chased after and munched on in glee.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 28 March 2016 at 11:39 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

After Chloe finished cleaning the floor, she let out a deep breathe. "Ok, that's done." She went to find Vladan to make sure he kept his side of the deal. Chloe found him feeding Odilia, as promised. She smiled. Chloe walked back into the kitchen and cleaned up the cleaning and medical supplies.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 March 2016 at 12:26 AM

After searching three rooms, Kita found adequate footwear: a loose pair of sandals with somewhat elastic straps. They didn't match the outfit, but she didn't care in the slightest.

Limping down the hall, she encountered wolf-girl. She was cleaning up and was actually smiling...

"Aren't you just a chipper little squirrel this morning..." She mumbled, trying in vain to suppress her sarcastic overtone. "I don't know why you're letting that spoiled psycho tell you what to do..."

Not that she should talk... She'd let Vladan talk her into plenty, but at least she was properly annoyed that she was doing it. This girl was like Snow White, animals and all...

@pitch1226
@bunnyshadow

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 29 March 2016 at 12:32 AM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe raised one of her eyebrows.
"For your information, I make my own decisions, and have no boss or master. I'm cleaning up because Vladan and I made a deal and surprisingly he kept it. He's not that bad, you know. Or at least when he isn't rampaging over how much stuff costs and being a spoiled brat. In fact, he seems to have a soft spot for you."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 March 2016 at 12:44 AM

Kita laughed. "Yeah sure... The death threats and kidnapping were really charming..."

She walked past her, towards the front door where Vladan was waiting. She crossed her arms, not speaking. She wasn't really paying attention before, but he really did look like a respectable member of the business elite.

She'd already seen what he was really like though, and it ruined the illusion somewhat. He was a monster...

@pitch1226
@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 March 2016 at 1:14 AM

@pitch1226 @dada_dragon

~~~

"Odilia!" Vladan barked out, and the lioness dashed over to his side, mouth stained with blood from her meal. "Inside, now!" He ordered, narrowing his eyes at the animal as it hesitantly headed back indoors. The man had waited impatiently for the two women at the entrance, and he eyed Kita with slitted eyes. "Not too bad of a choice of outfit--though a shorter skirt would have been a bit more appealing." He mentioned with an arched brow and a smirk.

Vladan handed Kita his car keys. "Can you start it up, darling?" He glanced down the driveway at the car that he had almost totaled last night. "Not this one--the other one." He said, pointing at a sleek black ride besides the damaged red one. The man yelled through the doorway at Chloe.

"Can you please hurry up? I don't want to be late." He hesitated before continuing. "If you can, please shape-shift into something small and portable like a bird-- I don't want to be seen with too many women, it's exceptionally bad for my reputation."

"Hold on a second." He muttered to himself, before yelling indoors again. "Do you think you could transform into some sort of bald eagle? It'll make me look better if I'm seen--patriotic and the such."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 March 2016 at 2:22 AM

Kita snatched up the keys, wanting nothing more than to drive that pretty car into a brick wall, but she resisted the urge.

She climbed in, turning the key in the ignition. The engine started with a low rumble, like a wild animal. She assumed it was probably impressive... she didn't know a whole lot about cars, but she doubted Vladan would settle for anything less...

She was beginning to see why the women he'd mentioned might be willing to look past his less-than-pleasant attitude...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 29 March 2016 at 9:04 AM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow

Chloe yelled back. "No, I can only turn into a wolf." She concentrated on changing. Once a wolf, she padded up to Vladan. "Ready. Oh, and I would like to get one thing clear about when we are in public. I may pose as your pet, but you do not control me. Also, if you think I'm going to wear a collar and leash, your dead wrong. Try, and I will literally bite your hand off."

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 March 2016 at 1:28 PM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

Vladan sighed at Chloe's response. It was still early morning, and he was already beginning to grow irritated. He hoped that the enabled would at least act like a docile dog in public, or he'll break one--or both--or all her legs. It was a busy day ahead, and Vladan waited for Chloe and Kita to be in the car before he journeyed back inside his house to pick up his briefcase and lock the doors.

"Just watch your claws and try not to scratch the upholstery."

The man walked around to the back of the car and placed the case in the trunk, before venturing out to the front. He opened the door to the driver's seat and noticed that Kita seemed deep in thought. "Having fun there?" He asked. "Impressive, I know. It's a shame we can't use the other one--I refuse to be seen in a damaged car."

Even after the night's events, Vladan couldn't help but notice that he seemed to be enjoying the company of this strange duo. It was nice to have other people around for once--that didn't treat him like a king because they had to, or were only around him for his money. These two couldn't care less how much cash he had on hand.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 29 March 2016 at 4:30 PM

@bunnyshadow

Chloe jumped into the car. She stretched out and put her head on her paws. Chloe wondered where they were going. Hopefully some where she could walk around, even if it was as a wolf. She yawned and felt her eyelids start to droop. Maybe she would take a quick nap.