The Enabled (Role-Play)

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 March 2016 at 12:00 AM

@nightmaremoon12

Chloe casually walked up to Chance.
"Hey, kid, you know what's going on?" She hoped her question didn't make Chance suspicious.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 March 2016 at 12:03 AM

@mila_titan @bunnyshadow @pitch1226 @niale @featherstar_stormclan @dada_dragon

Chance shrugged, a bit dumbfounded.
"Not sure. I just saw this when going downstairs. It feels like there's something going on between two people or something like that. I don't know."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 March 2016 at 12:12 AM

@nightmaremoon12

Chloe nodded slowly. "Ok. Just... wondering." She moved a little closer to the fight. Something about the two made Chloe uneasy.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 25 March 2016 at 12:20 AM

@pitch1226 @nightmaremoon12 @mila_titan @bunnyshadow @dada_dragon

Darrien stopped in her movements as weapons were drawn. She would still be able to help, but nothing she could do would be of any use. So she shrugged it off. And yet something kept her there. And her eyes were drawn to a duo, with one of them shifting about awkwardly. The prefect people to question.

She jogged over, placing a hand on the girl who was moving away. Forcing a smile Darrien looked the two over before attempting to speak. Although the strain on her voice only allowed a few words out before it became the same cracked and hoarse rasping hiss it usually was.

"Where're you off to?" she managed to get out, before she shook her head in defeat. But still she glanced up at the girl waiting for an answer.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 March 2016 at 12:27 AM

@thebrokenvibe

Chloe felt a hand on her shoulder and resisted from ripping it off. She forced an innocent face.
"I just want to get a closer look of the fight. Nothing here ever happens, and this might be the only action I'll get to see for a while."

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 25 March 2016 at 12:36 AM

"Well," Darrien said, forcing her voice to carry. No matter how faint it grew. And definitely no matter how scratchy it sounded. "I don't think it's a good idea to do that." She said, pausing for breath as she allowed her throat and vocal chords a break from the sudden strain she was weighing on them.

She looked down at the girl, noticing her agitation as she had placed her hand on her shoulder. She looked quizzically at the other hoping for some insight on the matter.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 March 2016 at 12:39 AM

@featherstar_stormclan
@nightmaremoon12
@mila_titan
@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Chloe gently removed Darrien's hand from her shoulder. "And why exactly do you think it's a bad idea?"

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 25 March 2016 at 12:50 AM

Darrien, having given up on speaking as her voice only came out as a hiss of air, held up her hands in the sign for knife. Before she dug into her pockets and pulled out her phone. Typing into a blank text to her cousin;

"Well for starters you seem a little young. And well, it's pretty dangerous looking. Someone was stabbed and is on the ground. Not the best idea for you to go over there to them. It's bad to get involved with crime." she wrote down, before flipping her phone around to show the girl.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 25 March 2016 at 12:54 AM

@dada_dragon [Jeez, I love his bipolarity.]

~~~

Vladan made to pull back as the woman snagged his arm. He opened his mouth to speak but was rendered silent when she collapsed on the floor. Confusion replaced his anger, and he took this chance to re-position himself and take a breather. The backpack had fallen several feet away from the woman lying on the ground. Now was his chance. Vladan grabbed it and made to dash away, but hesitated when he was faced with a wall of trees.

The crowd had thinned not to long ago as the duo had entered the shelter of brush that was leading deep into the park forest. It was beginning to get dark and a quick glance at his watch confirmed his suspicions. It was half past six. He turned around, but trees were scattered in every single direction. "Dear god.... How in the world am I supposed to get out of here?" He wondered, his hands clenching the bag stressfully.

Vladan sighed, attempting to drown out the woman's screaming. Great. Completely freaking amazing. He was stuck in the middle of a dumb forest with some psychopath. Perhaps he could call up his pilot to pick him up in a helicopter. Hopefully there was signal. His hands reached into his pocket, only to realize it wasn't there anymore. "Are you serious?" Vladan nearly yelled when he realized that his phone must have fallen out sometime during the chase.

The young man took in a deep breath, trying his hardest to push down his continually riding anger. First this strange lady follows him, then attempts to steal his bag. As if causing a scene wasn't enough, she had to get them lost in the middle of a billion acre forest too--completely weaponless, with no phone, and possibly no signal, and absolutely no way to get out.

Vladan noticed how wet his back was, probably from the sweat that was running down it because of the fight and chase. Attempting to ignore the flailing woman on the ground, he calmly pulled off his jacket and tossed it aside. He knelt down a foot away from her and stared down at her struggling body.

"Hello, you extremely unstable, excruciating aggressive woman." He greeted. "I understand that you are possibly a lunatic, and also probably one of those 'enabled' freaks that the reporters are always talking about, but I'm going to need you to quiet down before I force you to quiet down." He raised his voice to a near shout. "I would really appreciate it if you could just relax so I can get out of here and forget this whole ordeal." Vladan made to grab the woman at the shoulder.

If she didn't shut up, he may be forced to use his power on her. Whether it was to read her mind for any symbol of comfort he can use in his favor, or maybe influence tranquility upon her. Perchance now was the best time to get a good look at her face.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 March 2016 at 12:59 AM

Chance yelled at Chloe.
"Wait! Where are you going? What if... Never mind. If you die, don't blame it on me..."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 March 2016 at 1:02 AM

@featherstar_stormclan
"Honey, I'm 18. I can take care of myself." Chloe continued to get closer. She hoped Darrien wouldn't follow. Chloe expect her to though. She weaved through people in an attempt to loose her. In the process, she slowly got closer and itched to know what was in the bag. "I WILL know..."

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 March 2016 at 1:04 AM

@bot @sheepfox @pitch1226 @vanley @niale @sakura-ironoyume

"So am I. Don't blame your funeral on me, though." She was urging to shock somebody in the face with a thunderbolt, yet she's still resisting. Although it would be good to attack sometime now.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 25 March 2016 at 1:05 AM

"You... what... what was that?" she stammered, still disoriented. "Why... Why did my..."

It was beginning to fade now, but the whole experience had shaken her. She wasn't about to try that again.

"You're... enabled too... Your power... What on earth was that?..." Anger was beginning to replace confusion and she moved to hit him, but with the adrenaline of the chase rapidly wearing off, the pain in her ankle peaked violently as she put weight on it and she fell flat on her face, her hood falling away.

@bunnyshadow

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 March 2016 at 1:10 AM

@dada_dragon
@bunnyshadow
@nightmaremoon12

Chloe only heard the woman, but that was all she needed to hear. She stopped walking closer. "They're enabled? What just happened?!" She watched as the woman's hood feel. Chloe pushed her way to the front of the crowd to get a good look.

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 25 March 2016 at 1:15 AM

@dada_dragon @nightmaremoon12 @pitch1226 @bunnyshadow

Darrien shrugged as the girl shoved her off. You're funeral. she thought turning to the other girl. She smiled before tucking her phone away. And then subtly, she took her body heat and channeled it towards the bag. Sucking the area around her dry of heat, the people included, until the bag lit up in flames.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 25 March 2016 at 1:20 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Hey, hey." Vladan replied, a bit more respectively than he should have, he noted to himself silently. "I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm not one of those monsters." He forced the woman up, and placed his hand on the wound on her leg. Vladan pulled his hand away to see it covered in blood. "I hurt you pretty bad didn't I?" He asked rhetorically as he brought the ichor closer to his face.

Without hesitation, he brought the fresh liquid to his lips and licked it lightly. "Completely rejuvenating." Vladan laughed aloud, his deep chuckling echoing through the trees. He used the jacket he had thrown on the ground not too long ago and rubbed the leftover blood onto the surface--he'll get it cleaned later on.

His hand gripped tightly on her shoulder, his thumb pressing strongly above her collarbone in an attempt to force her to look up into his face. "Look at me." Vladan said, his voice taking a gentle turn. The trio of words exited the entrance of his lips in a soft whoosh.

(EDIT): @featherstar_stormclan

The moment was broken when a short crackle entered his ears. The deafening sound of the bag exploding into flames entered the small arena of trees. He winced visibly as he watched the bag get completely destroyed as the flames ate away at it's exterior. However, he was not worried. The jewelry inside was high-tier enough to be able to withstand the tongues of the licking fire.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 March 2016 at 1:23 AM

@featherstar_stormclan
Chloe's attention turned toward the burning bag. Her first instinct was to save it, but that would lead to people wondering why she tried to save it. Looking around, she wondered how it even caught on fire. Her first thought was they woman, but she still seemed dazed and she had no reason to. That meant there was another enable. The problem was: who?

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 25 March 2016 at 1:41 AM

Kita looked up involuntarily. Making eye contact, she thought he looked familiar, though she couldn't fathom where she would have seen his face before... She certainly didn't recognize his power... Whatever it was...

The bag bursting into flame next to them interrupted her train of thought. The terrifying results of her mimic attempt had gone, leaving nothing but an intense headache in its wake.

At this point, the stolen goods were not worth recovering. She had to get to safety. Her combat perception wouldn't do her any good with her leg the way it was...

@bunnyshadow
@pitch1226
@featherstar_stormclan
@nightmaremoon12

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 March 2016 at 1:57 AM

@bot @sheepfox @pitch1226 @vanley @niale @sakura-ironoyume

"Did I hear enabled?" Chance grinned. She wasn't alone in the world. She followed the fire, but not getting to close. She didn't really want to use her powers now. It was very risky.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 25 March 2016 at 2:00 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226 @featherstar_stormclan

~~~

Vladan had never been happier in his life to see that many people. Though these were a bunch of ragtag individuals, he knew that every single one of them were strange-yet extremely powerful. The woman that had been the first one he encountered was obviously enabled, and the duo that had just appeared had obviously been responsible for the burning of his bag. Boy, was Vladan especially angry now! However, he realized he was powerless to stop them, with his switchblade possibly still embedded deeply into a wall, and his other knife lost in a puddle of blood somewhere in the center of the park.

Today was not a good day for the young entrepreneur. It wasn't a good business day, and it wasn't a good crime-day either. His lips tilted down into an ugly frown and he ran his hands through his hair in annoyance. Not only was everything going exactly NOT as planned, his hair was a complete mess, too! At least his luscious locks could easily be fixed back in place.

What was he supposed to do in a situation like this, surrounded by the biggest group of enabled he had ever seen. It was probably one of the worst split-second decisions his entire life, but in all likelihood, not his worst. Vladan grabbed the smoldering bag, and attempted to kill the flames in a half-hearted attempt that relatively failed. Though he could still feel the heat against his skin, the pain was not there.

Here was the second bad decision that he made. He struggled slightly in an attempt to pick up the woman--she was leaning towards the thin side, and Vladan was extremely glad of that. The young man slung her over his shoulder(it was a good thing he had been hitting the gym for the past few months) and booked it, bag still flaming and all, with a disabled nutcase over his shoulder.

"We are going to have a very long talk when I get us out of here." He groused as he shoved through the trees. The enabled that had shown up had gone through here, so it was probably also the way out. "If you have a phone on you, hand it over now." Vladan ordered, hoping to every god out there(including him) that the woman was still conscious and was not impoverished enough to be unable to afford a cellular device.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 March 2016 at 2:18 AM

(oops, wrong pings)

Chance sighed. She just want to do something, and remembers to always keep metal bottle caps in her pockets for something like this. But she didn't want anybody to see her use it in the open. Whatever, she thought. If the girl used her powers, then she should, too. But this was just a one-time thing for her.
She grabbed a metal bottle cap and started charging up some electricity to shoot something. Her hand began to glow, and then she flipped the cap in the air, and, with her finger, released electricity as the cap zipped through the air, the plan was to get the attention of the male carrying the woman.
Then Chance had to hide.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 25 March 2016 at 2:29 AM

Kita was dragging herself away when she was snatched up by the man with the stolen jewels. Initially, she struggled to free herself, but quickly realized that she wasn't going anywhere.

Although she wasn't keen on helping a criminal, she knew she had to get away from whoever was shooting fire... Immediate injury seemed like a bigger threat than possible future harm.

She grabbed her phone from her jeans and handed it to him. She noticed with slight frustration that the screen had cracked at some point during the fight. She made a mental note to get that fixed if she ever got out of this...

"Here... It's damaged, but it still works..." she said.

Her ankle felt like it was on fire. She may have avoided serious damage, but the cut was deep.

@bunnyshadow
@nightmaremoon12
@pitch1226
@featherstar_stormclan

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 25 March 2016 at 3:36 AM

@dada_dragon @nightmaremoon12

~~~

Vladan was really hoping that the burning smell in the air really wasn't coming from his white dress-shirt, now polka-dotted with soot and blood stains. His back was smoldering, and Vladan really binged on the possibility that the blaze wouldn't cause any lasting damage. He grabbed the phone and began dialing when a flash of light blinded him. The phone slipped from his hands and clattered onto the ground.

Obscenities spilled from Vladan's open mouth in a stream of anger. He faltered, and almost lost his footing. The man forced himself to blink several times before opening his eyes wide to clear the lasting white spots. "Come on..." He mumbled to himself as he knelt on the ground to grab the phone. His eyes moved wildly to his surroundings for several long seconds, looking for the source of the light.

Seeing nothing, he continued on his way, quicker then before. A storm was brewing, he could tell from the gray clouds gathering in the horizon. Night was falling.

Vladan dialed the number on the phone. "Hello? Yes this is Vladan you idiot." He rushed forwards, and his eyes glanced widely around the emptying parking lot for his ride. "I want a hot bath prepared and a bottle of my most expensive brandy ready on the dining room table by the time I get back." He paused when he spotted his bright red colored car parked nearby the valet. "Yeah, nothing important is going on--just called for that. Everything's going fine." He lied over the phone before hanging up.

"Move out of the way!" He growled pushing the worker to the side and searching through the keys hanging on the shelf for his. "Here we go." Vladan said proudly as he snagged his signature one of a kind keys. This was one of the times he was glad he had recognizable brand keys. He made a mental note to donate a couple hundred thousand dollars to the company later on.

Getting back to what he was doing, he pushed past the shocked guard for the second time in less than 5 minutes. With a push of a button, the doors to his car slid up. Once outside his vehicle, he tossed the women heavily onto his back seats. "Please try NOT to get any blood on the seats, it's expensive to clean and not only stains, but ruins the leather." The bag was thrown down besides the woman, bits of it's surface still littered in red-hot sparks.

He slammed his door shut and grimaced at the loud noise it made. "I'm sorry, baby." Vladan muttered as he started up the car and put it in reverse and backed out of the spot--straight into another car. He rolled down the window. "Shut up!" Vladan yelled at the other car. He reached in the passenger seat and picked up a stack of bills. "This should be more than enough to fix your crappy car!" Vladan yelled as he tossed the wad out the window. It landed on the hood of the car he crashed into, and wiithout waiting for a reply, he pushed the gear into drive and stamped on the pedal.

Vladan stared at the speedometer, a satisfying smirk spreading over his face when it hit 60, 70, then 80. He swerved out of the lot and pushed the pedal even further: 90, 95, 100.

"I'm soooooooo out of here!" He yelled childishly, adrenaline rushing in his veins. The window on his side of the car rolled down halfway, and the wind rushed through his hair satisfyingly.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 March 2016 at 3:57 AM

Chance sighed that the man didn't find her, but somebody needs to do something about it.
"Isn't anybody going to chase after him?"
She could run towards the car or give up. Running could kill her, anyways.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 March 2016 at 7:57 AM

@mila_titan
@bunnyshadow
@nightmaremoon12
@niale
@featherstar_stormclan
@dada_dragon

Chloe watched as the man got in the car.

"No, no, no! I've got to catch up!" She raced after them, passing Chance in the process. As the car got faster and faster, she fell farther behind. Chloe stopped running and walked into a dark alley. She concentrated and felt a churning in her stomach. When she opened her eyes, she was a black wolf, and raced after the car again. It was only a few seconds before it left her sight again. Cursing to herself, she looked around franticly. Then she found what she was looking for.

"Hey! Yeah, you! Yes, you, ya dumb pigeon! Have you seen a car going well over the speed limit? I don't know how fast it was going!" After much frustration, the pigeon told her which way the car went. Chloe raced off, feeling the wind in her fur, but cautious of the people around her, hoping that they wouldn't think to much of her.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 25 March 2016 at 11:28 AM

Kita fell into the backseat, sliding onto the floor and lying there. She was beginning to think that maybe that her decision to choose him over whoever was shooting fireballs was a poor decision...

Escaping seemed almost impossible now, with her ankle the way it was, and she wasn't going to put it past him to keep her from getting medical attention...

Was he going to kill her?

The thought dawned on her suddenly, throwing her into a panic. She stumbled to her feet, reaching for the door...

The car took off. She heard a crunch, some yelling and then they were gone, flying down the street at what she could only assume was way over the speed limit. The sheer force of it threw her off-balance and onto the seat.

Now was clearly not the time to try to escape...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 25 March 2016 at 11:41 AM

@dada_dragon @pitch1226

~~~

It wasn't long before Vladan began to slow down. Droplets of rain began to fall from the sky, and he couldn't help but point something out. "The cloud's are mourning. Everybody wants happiness, but nobody wants pain, but then again--you can't have a rainbow without at least a little rain." He turned around to face the woman in the backseat, though he honestly should have kept the eyes on the road.

But the street was empty for now, and it was dark. Other people didn't drive around this area often. The road was bordered by trees, but at this time of the day, the lovely foliage looked like tall, anorexic monsters shaking in the wind.

"How are you doing?" He asked in an even tone. "We're almost home." Vladan paused before chortling to himself. "I'm almost home. I don't know about you though. Right now I'm honestly trying to pick between tossing you to the dogs or questioning you first."

"It really isn't anything you should be too worried about, just the usual 'Who do you work for?' and 'Who sent you?' garbage. As long as you comply, I'll make sure your euthanization is mostly painless, but honestly I feel as if I should be using your pain for my pleasure because you have put me through so, so much today." His stormy eyes landed on hers in an attempt to read her thoughts.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 25 March 2016 at 2:00 PM

@bunnyshadow @dada_dragon @pitch1226 @nightmaremoon12 @mila_titan

Darrien looked away from the car as it sped away. The two she had met ran after it, stopping after a moment, or at least Chance did. The other one vanished down an alley.

She shrugged as night started to fall and began heading to her home. At least she had done something useful today. It wasn't much, but she liked it that way.

Although she stopped in her travel when she was shoved up against a wall as a huge gust of wind tore down the street. Now it was rainy and windy, such joy, she thought before she saw the figure traveling in the wind.

Alios? she thought. But they had agreed to be inconspicuous with their abilities.

Making sure no one was around she broke into a dead sprint to her house.

~~~~~

Alios, having lost the original thief wandered after Darrien, watching the whole incident with the man and the woman and the flaming bag and the car.

After a few moments he turned away and latched onto the wind around him. It was dark enough for his clothes to be unnoticeable, so he didn't really care if someone saw him. He'd look like a suited up enabled.

When the breeze was strong enough he wrapped himself in it and allowed himself to be taken a safe distance off the ground, where the wind wouldn't harm anyone. Secure in his own powers he headed off after the car.

Deleted • 25 March 2016 at 2:54 PM

Venus was following on the sidewalk for the car, snapping quick pictures after done recording the action. The blood stains, soot, burning the bag, and everything else. She noticed a wolf following also, and thought it might be so more interesting and amusing. She returned to the recording, wondering if the woman was being kidnapped, or maybe a stalker boyfriend... Venus laughed if it was one because of him going to pathetic lengths for her. Anyways her backpack and the humans kept her from getting any closer.

She kept recording the wolf and the car for anything else. Although why is there a wolf in a urban area? She pondered in her mind. Venus kept her distance between the wolf respecting it. Although if it attacks she'll have no mercy.
"How shall this go? Maybe they'll get away with it? The police might arrive? Someone shall end up dead? Oh sooooo many possibilities to happen." Venus breathed shallowly, not going to be able to run much longer.
@bunnyshadow
@thebrokenvibe
@dada_dragon
@pitch1226

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 25 March 2016 at 4:41 PM

"How do you think I'm doing?" She asked sarcastically. She pulled herself up into a seated position, looking for a possible escape. "And don't bother... I don't work for anyone."

She could try and run for it, not that she would get very far. She wasn't about to try mimicking him again, that was for sure, and combat perception was only useful if she could move quickly enough to put it to good use.

She kept her eye out for anything she could use. It was her only option at this point...

The man's eyes met hers and she felt a chill. This man was dangerous. She had never really felt this kind of fear before. Being enabled had made her feel invincible... But now...

@bunnyshadow