The Enabled (Role-Play)

in Roleplaying

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 January 2017 at 10:17 AM

Coco smirked.

"I'm sorry, but I was promised a fight, and I'm not done yet." She said, raising her hand. A large flower lifted up from he ground

It was bright red in colour, with violet speckles near the centre. It tuned towards her opponent, spitting a cloud of spores in his direction.

She had worked on this plant for weeks, she wasn't about to miss out on showing it off. The spores of this particular plant were quite special, causing near-instant paralysis, lasting hours... She did have more lethal options, but she doubted that James would approve...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 January 2017 at 5:35 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"I said enough!" One of the men yelled angrily.

Matt had managed to dodge most of the spores, but several had landed on his leg. The man crawled now, as paralysis took to his limb.

"Are you deaf or are you just dumb?" One of the others yelled in an irritable tone.

"Coco..." Teiv called out warningly.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 January 2017 at 7:19 PM

"Forgive me, but I was under the impression that the purpose of fighting it out was to ensure that those who sat at the table were the strongest among you." She said seriously. "It was made clear at the beginning that this was not a fight to the death, so the match should continue until one of the two of us has forfeited or cannot continue."

"Someone who desires a position of leadership should not waver in their judgement, should not back down, and should not allow those observing to tell them when their fight is over."

She moved her arm and the flower spat out another cloud of spores at the man.

"I am fighting for a position of leadership, not an internship. I will NOT stop and I will NOT yield to you! You will WATCH, and you will NOT interrupt MY fight!"

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 January 2017 at 7:38 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

The man that had first yelled for Coco to stop the fight stood now, his hands banging angrily on the table as his chair tilted back and onto the floor. His eyes gleamed threateningly in the dim lighting of the hall. He moved across the room towards Coco now, fur sprouting up and down his back as he treaded towards her. By the time he had crossed the thick red line, coarse black fur had covered the entirety of his mutated, muscled form.

He reared his head back now, howling noisily towards the ceiling. "Your last warning, woman." He snarled.

Matt crept forwards now, letting out a sharp cry as the spores clung angrily to his other leg. He reached out, beginning to claw circles in the ground as Coco was confronted by one of the men.

Teiv held his breath now as things began going south. He could see the disapproval on the other three mens' faces, but he was unsure whether it was towards Coco or at their shape-shifting ally.

He saw one of the others stand now, this one swirling his hand in the air as he stepped forwards. The shadows around him condensed and shifted, forming two abnormally large dark hounds. They snapped angrily at the air, tails flicking impatiently in the air as they stepped forwards.

The other two remained seated, but one of them closed their eyes. He opened them now, his pupils glowing lightly as he spoke. "Death is coming." The man said. "If this continues to escalate, one or all of them will meet with the reaper."

"Tell them to back down." Teiv said gruffly to the two still sitting.

"We are all equal at this table. We do not take orders from one another." One replied with a scoff.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 January 2017 at 8:24 PM

Coco grabbed a seed, clenching it in her fist.

"Likewise, I do not take orders from you." She said quietly as tendrils began to grow out of the seed in her hand, wrapping around her arms. "And if you will not allow me to finish my fight, then you can join it and I will not hold back any longer..."

She had to be careful in using her energy... She'd already tired herself out fighting... She had to make every move count...

The plant twisted and grew around her, completely covering her in thick vines covered on the outside in thorns, while a head, not unlike Audrey grew, opening its large mouth. She couldn't see in the normal sense, but she could see the glowing forms of her opponents with her infrared sight...

She knew she was at a disadvantage, but she could not afford to show weakness here.

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 January 2017 at 10:00 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

The shapeshifter laughed now, his gutteral laughter echoing around the hall noisily. "You're bold, woman." He said, lips pulling back to reveal lines of sharpened teeth The beast cocked his head to the side, slanted eyes glowering menacingly at Matt's fallen form.

"And you, Matt." He snarled animalistically. "Are a disappointment to the Onys dragons." He leaped forwards now, landing by Matt's body. The claws on his hairy paws extended an extra inch, and then were plunged into Matt's back.

The man with the hounds tilted his head thoughtfully to the side, before snapping his fingers and allowing the shadowy beasts to dissolve back into nothing. "We done here then?" He asked casually before taking his seat.

"I never liked Matt anyway." One of the others said with a small snort. "Didn't like his attitude much."

Teiv let out a relieved sigh as the conflict was (hopefully?) solved. He suddenly remembered why he turned down Vladan's invitation to join the large gang. It wouldn't be good for his health to be this stressed all the time...

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 January 2017 at 10:26 PM

The vines parted and Coco stepped out, gently stroking the head of the plant, which wilted into black dust. She took her seat at the table, quite pleased with herself. James would be happy.

"My vote is that you hold off for now while we try to resolve things our way. If we can resolve things without loss of life, it would be ideal, don't you think?" she said firmly, though with a cocky grin on her face.

"But don't worry... If it comes down to a fight, I'll make sure that you are the first ones called."

Kita yelled savagely as she threw her opponent across the room. She had never experienced superhuman strength before, oddly enough, but she liked it.

The man she was fighting scrambled back, trying to get away from her, but she caught up to him, throwing him into a wall. She was about to grab him again, when she felt electricity course through her. She collapsed into an exhausted heap on the ground as the soldiers pulled him away from her.

"As you can see, she's quite a promising fighter now... Fights like a trained animal... And she is almost completely obedient at this point." Mr. Lee said to the screen beside him. "You will also be happy to know that we have refurnished your son's new room as you requested..."

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 28 January 2017 at 11:05 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Why do you choose her?" Greg asked, entwining his hands subconsciously as he spoke. "Any number of other Enabled could probably be trained just as well. Yet you pick the jack of all trades, master of none."

---

Vladan banged angrily on the metal door. He had begun memorizing the schedules of the guards standing outside his room, recognizing them by voices. Today he had the one that was irritated easily. He continued the obnoxious banging, pausing in between only to here the sighing coming from outside the room.

"Hey." Vladan called out, before resuming the noisy banging. "Hey man, you there?"

"Yes, Veitkov. I'm here." He heard the muffled voice coming from the other side.

"I haven't seen Verity in days. I miss her."

"That's not my problem, Veitkov."

"I'll stop banging the door when you're on duty." Vladan offered with a wide grin.

"Fine."

It seemed that the soldiers had gotten used to Vladan's bargaining, as most if not all of them had begun accepting the man's simple offers in exchange for an easy shift. "I appreciate it."

"Don't." Came the stiff reply.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 28 January 2017 at 11:32 PM

Mr. Lee smiled, looking down at her twitching form.

"She is uniquely susceptible to this form of 'training', Greg... When she arrived, she showed signs of recent, intense psychological trauma..." he said. "Making this kind of progress would take months for someone who was sane to begin with... Besides... That particular proverb has an alternate phrasing..."

He smiled darkly.

"Jack of all trades, master of none is oftentimes better than master of one."

Verity stepped into the room, making immediate eye contact with him.

"I'm fairly certain I told you I had nothing to say to the likes of you."

Lee has been speaking with your father again... And the Altobelli girl's mental state is deteriorating quickly... I hope you have a plan to extract her soon, I don't think I could bear using my power on her much longer.

She forced her expression do stay neutral, if not slightly irritated. This was risky enough as it was...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 January 2017 at 2:02 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Greg gave a thin smile back to Lee. "Very intriguing..." The man trailed off now, feigning casualness as he flipped through a few files on his desk. "Lee." He said, ripping a page out and placing it on the table. "Don't you think it's a bit inhumane to be treating these people like that?" He asked.

---

"Right." Vladan said, attempting to process both the audible and inaudible information at the same time. He motioned on the cot, implying that he wanted her to sit besides him. "Keep acting like I care what you want darling."

"I like you, Verity." He said, giving her a winning smile. "We need more time together."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 January 2017 at 2:37 AM

Lee raised an eyebrow.

"That is an odd question, coming from you, friend." He said with a teasing smile. "Why the sudden conscience? I was under the impression that you were pleased with the progress here."

"If this is about your son, you should know that we have followed your every request, despite his apparent escape attempt."

Verity crossed her arms, feigning annoyance.

"I'm going to get in trouble if you keep dragging me down here."

If you're depending on your father getting her out with you, you should know that he despises her... I heard something about her attacking him in his office... He told Lee that he wants her to suffer...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 January 2017 at 2:55 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

He forced a smile now. "I suppose you're correct..." Greg trailed off now. "Do you think there is any possibility I could pull my son out for several hours a few days from today?" He asked, glancing up from the papers and at the screen.

"His contracts and paperwork are done with, but he needs to somehow be able to present his notes in a meeting on Monday."

---

Vladan's eyes widened slightly in confusion, before narrowing. Kita hadn't told him about interacting with his father at all...

"It's only our second or third date. I'm sure Lee doesn't mind as long as I keep up my good, compliant behavior."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 January 2017 at 3:17 AM

Mr. Lee scratched his chin.

"I can't see why not, provided that you will permit me to send a couple of guards with him, and those guards return here alive with him." he said. "He has not had any incident since the attempted breakout, so I will allow it."

"This is not a date, Mr. Vietkov."

Whatever your friends are planning, they need to speed things up. I'll try to keep you informed as best as I can.

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 January 2017 at 3:49 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Are the guards necessary?" Greg said with a disapproving frown. "They will do nothing but intimidate his possible partners and clients."

---

"Is it because I'm not paying?" He said, a short frown momentarily spreading across his face. It arced into a smile not too long afterwards.

"Well." Vladan said. "If you think about it, I am. My father has funded quite a bit of this establishment."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 January 2017 at 4:00 AM

"Think of them as his security staff." He said smoothly. "They can wait outside during the meeting if that would set you more at ease."

"We're done here, Mr. Vietkov."

Verity stood up.

"I would watch yourself, Mr. Vietkov. This place will tear you apart and spit you out. I'd hate for what happened to Miss Altobelli to happen to you."

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 January 2017 at 7:00 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Of course." Greg replied with pursed lips. "I'll see you Monday then. I'll have somebody bring in a change of clothes for him tomorrow."

---

"I tore her apart." Vladan said thinly. "Not this place. Not Lee. Not the lonely nights or the hard days or the angry confinements." He said, though he regretted those words immediately.

"Never mind." He said. "Take your leave, Verity."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 January 2017 at 11:27 AM

"We're baaaaack!!!"

Coco jumped onto the couch next to James, who didn't look up.

"Good news! They're going to hold off and I GOT TO FIGHT A DINOSAUR!!!" She said excitedly. It was at that point that she noticed that James looked incredibly upset. "What is it?"

"Andy..." he said, his voice shaky. "Sparks just got back... they captured Andy..."

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 January 2017 at 4:17 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Teiv pursed his lips, sighing heavily as he pulled off his mask and made his way over to James and Coco. "What happened?" He asked.

This wasn't good...

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 January 2017 at 4:43 PM

"They were out grabbing some tech stuff for me and Sparks said he went back into the shop because he forgot batteries and when he came back out, he found signs of a struggle outside their vehicle and saw a car driving off that matched the description of the one outside our apartment driving off."

"I can't believe I wasn't there for him..."

Sparks had walked into the room, breathing hard. His face was red and his eyes were puffy. He sat down next to James.

"It isn't your fault, Jeremy." Coco said, moving to sit on his other side and wrapping her arm around him.

"He walked all the way home in case they were watching the car." James said. "So hopefully they probably won't find the rest of us, but that's a hard hit..."

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 January 2017 at 5:16 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Willow watched the video in shock. "I think we should wait ..."

Dawn rolled her eyes. "It's better to show them now. They're upset already, they can't be even more so after watching it."
She headed out now, leaning in the room to see James, Coco, Sparks and Teiv.

Willow moved out from behind Dawn, placing the laptop on the table. "Here's a video that Vladan's father sent me a bit ago." She said quietly. "It could be really helpful in what we're trying to do, but we can't release it yet. We need his father to still be on the inside."

"Enough chit chat." Dawn said bluntly. "Here." She pressed play, and a recording of Kita throwing a man into a wall then being restrained ensued.

"You heard the guy." Willow said. "He's taking advantage of her mental health..." She stared intently at James as she spoke. "Vladan is being released momentarily on Monday. We should try figuring out how to meet up with him. He's going to have guards around him at all times except for inside his meeting."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 29 January 2017 at 5:45 PM

James stared in shock as the video played, his chest tightening painfully as he saw how bad her situation truly was. Sparks stood up, walking to his room and locking the door. Coco watched with a concerned look.

"It won't be long before he loses it... Andy was his closest friend, and he always saw Kita as a little sister..." She said. "It's a miracle that he's held on this long..."

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 29 January 2017 at 10:47 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"Coco." Dawn said suddenly. "Let's talk." She glanced over at James. "Outside please. You wanted to hear about my uh...boyfriend right?" She headed towards the door now, giving Coco a pointed look over her shoulder.

The second the two of them were outside, Dawn crossed her arms. "Look." She said bluntly. "I don't know how long I'm going to do this anymore. We're stuck at an ultimatum. Either we hurry up Willow's plan or we destroy the entire facility. The second choice will cause more problems for us Enabled in the future, but honestly, that's what I'm ready to do right now."

She uncrossed her arms, tone softening. "It just all happened so quickly..." Dawn trailed off. "I wasn't supposed to tell you, but Willow has word that they're going to start 'putting down' the ones that refuse to obey or have powers that aren't 'useful'. Not only that, they're beginning to open facilities all over the state. Soon enough, the entire world. We need to figure out how to stop this and stop it quickly."

"We need to speed things up. Seeing Kita like that pains me. I'm not a fan of her, and I'm not her friend, but no one deserves that."

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 January 2017 at 12:55 AM

Coco sighed, leaning up against one of the trees.

"She is my friend, and I agree... Things are moving too slowly..." Her usually bold personality had muted significantly. "I'd be running in there myself, but I was holding back because James is a better strategist than I am, and I trust his judgement... With Andy gone though..."

She let herself slide down the trunk, sitting down on the ground.

"They have two of my closest friends, and while I can respect James' restraint... I don't know if I can stand back much longer..." she said honestly. "We should wait until the meeting with Vladan though... Bring it up then. I feel that his opinion will be critical in this... He's actually been in there."

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 January 2017 at 1:26 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"That's assuming we actually have the chance to meet with him." Dawn said bluntly. "How are we going to get through the guards standing around him for nearly the entire duration of his limited freedom?"

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 January 2017 at 3:06 AM

Coco smiled.

"Let James and Willow figure that one out." She said. "They always seem to find a way. When the time comes, I'll back you up. So will Sparks. Poor kid'll do anything to save those two."

Andy struggled against his restraints while he was prodded by the scientists.

"Your power?"

"None of your business."

"Don't make this difficult. Your power?"

"Let me out of here."

"This has been going on for a while, sir."

Mr. Lee looked up from the screen which showed the new enabled. One of the scientists had come up to his office to bring this to his attention.

"Send Verity in there then... She should be able to get the information out of him."

Andy tried to pull himself free of his restraints. The room was empty now, and it was his best chance. Unfortunately, the restraints were far too tight for him to made any progress, and he'd only succeeded in rubbing his wrists raw.

The door opened and he found himself face to face with a girl. She didn't seem to be one of the scientists, which only made him more uneasy.

"Who are you?"

She didn't answer, but placed her fingers to his temple and he relaxed.

"Your name?"

"Andrew Cardoza." he said, his eyes glassy. Verity shifted uncomfortably, thinking of Kita.

"What is your power?"

"I control ice."

"What is your occupation?"

"Transportation of illegal goods."

Verity was taken aback by this. It was certainly not what she was expecting.

"Do you have any family?"

"Not anymore. My father died when I was young, my mother died six years ago, and my brother died last year."

Verity let go. She had the information she needed. Andy looked up at her.

"What did you do?" He asked, confused.

She left, saying nothing. Mr. Lee was waiting just outside the door.

"Thank you, dear." He said. "Ice powers... I can't wait to see that girl fight this one."

@bunnyshadow

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 January 2017 at 10:55 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"It looks odd on you." Willow said with a small smile. "Oddly satisfying actually. You should wear a suit more often. I'm sure-" She stopped herself before she could finish her sentence. Kita would love it...

The woman brushed down her blazer awkwardly, then pulled her hair up into a high ponytail. "There's going to be a lot of rich business executives there. I hope we blend in properly." She sighed though, tugging at her colored hair.

"Teiv will be here soon." She muttered. "Are you ready to pretend to be a snobby elitist for the next few hours?" Willow joked in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Wish I could go." Dawn said from the doorway with a sigh. "Looks like I'm missing out on the costume party."

"You could have gone." Willow said. "Too bad you ruined your chances, One's chances, and Teiv's chances by breaking into that facility and having your faces splattered all over the news."

"Whatever."

---

Vladan rubbed his face before placing his hands on the edge of the metal gray sink. He stared in the mirror with tired eyes, looking at himself in the dirty glass. His hair had grown quite a bit since he had been captured, but he had somehow managed to convince a guard to hand him a pair of scissors so he could lop some of it off.

For the first time in years, he regretted being Enabled.

==========

"What am I thinking?" Kirah asked, brown eyes widening as she stared deep into Vladan's blue-gray ones. She leaned forwards in her chair. Vladan had been typing constantly on a laptop for the past 30 minutes, and the woman had pulled it up to watch him work.

"I don't have time for this Kirah. My paper is due in 15 minutes." Though Vladan did spare her a glance before turning back to the screen. He got back to typing, ignoring her pouting stare. "You were thinking about how I shouldn't procrastinate my work." He said, suddenly glancing up to watch her reaction.

Kirah pulled back, her hand reaching up to cover her gasp. "I did not." She denied with exaggerated arm movements.Vladan placed the laptop on the other side of the couch.

"Yes you were."

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"No I wasn't."

"You can't lie to me Kirah, I know what you're thinking even now." Vladan said with a smirk. The young woman covered her eyes with her hands.

"Now you don't." She said pointedly.

Vladan laughed, rolling his eyes. Then his face turned serious. "Hey." He said quietly to her hands. "Do you think we would be together if I couldn't...read minds?" The young man asked hesitantly. She froze, taking her hands away from her face. Vladan looked away.

"Maybe." She said softly. "It was kind of cheating, you know." Kirah added. "You knew everything I was thinking and knew how to say everything just the way I wanted."

"I'm sorry." Vladan whispered. His next words came quickly. "Would you love me more if I was normal?"

"I..." Kirah trailed off, biting her bottom lip. "I don't know...It's just kind of odd because I..." She shrugged, tugging at her shirt. "Sometimes I just want to be alone in my own thoughts I guess...or I want you to be yourself instead of pretending to be someone else by reading my mind and doing what you think I want you to do...." Vladan reached over and picked up the laptop. He placed it on his lap then began typing on it again.

"My paper is going to be late."

==========

There was a harsh knocking, and then he heard the door to his room was thrown open.

"Are you ready, Mr. Veitkov?" One of the soldiers asked.

"Yes." Vladan called from the bathroom.

He wanted to be smart and say 'Strange how a change of outfits could make it go from 'Veitkov' to 'Mr. Veitkov', but he decided to enjoy the small sense of superiority while he could.

"I'll be out momentarily." He said.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 January 2017 at 12:21 PM

James gave a small half smile.

"I haven't worn a suit in years... they don't let you dress up all nice in prison." He said. "Coco, you almost done?"

"Right behind you."

James turned around to see her dressed in business attire, a classy pencil skirt, blouse and jacket that she apparently already owned. She looked like a completely different person. James couldn't help but smile.

"Whatever, Nurse. I used to help out in my mother's office and they had a dress code." She said, "And it's 'Maxine' today, don't forget."

"Of course." He said. "Dawn, can you check up on Jeremy every once in a while? Make sure he doesn't just stay in bed all day? I know it's none of your business, but I'm worried about him."

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 January 2017 at 12:41 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"I'll try my best, but no promises." Dawn said with pursed lips. The blonde turned to Willow, giving her a small wave. "Good luck, Willow. Tell Vlad I miss him."

Willow heard the familiar sound of an engine roaring outside and she rolled her eyes. "He's here."

---

Vladan stared out the tinted window of the car. Three soldiers armed to the teeth sat in the back, SWAT helmets put on despite the fact the man sat in the front. The driver had on sunglasses as safety measures, but he paid no mind to that.

Instead he found himself glancing around at the crowded city sidewalks and towering buildings. He found himself missing the views that he had once looked over seamlessly. A large stack of files lay in his lap, but he didn't bother looking at them. They weren't real. anyway.

They parked at the underground structure behind the building, and Vladan got out of the car hesitantly. He remembered parking here little more than a year ago. Had it really been that long?

That was the day he first encountered Kita.

Vladan scoffed at that when one of the soldiers barked at him to get moving. "We're early." Vladan said nonchalantly.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 January 2017 at 1:35 PM

Coco shifted uncomfortably in her seat and James gave her a look and she straightened up.

Willow had told him that Vladan's father would be there as well. He'd never met the man, though he had seen pictures in the news. He seemed intimidating...

He looked down at the notes that he had in front of him that had been provided as a 'prop'. It was really just the same page over and over, with some graphs thrown in...

He had tried to make sense of it, but he was a health sciences major, not a business major...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 January 2017 at 3:54 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

"I can take it from here."

Vladan glanced over to see his father standing outside the meeting room. The 3 soldiers flanking him moved aside before taking position outside the room. The door was pulled open by the doorman, and Vladan stepped in after Greg. He took his seat at the head of the table, while his father took one at the other end.

Once seated, he took a look around the room. Vladan recognized Willow and James of course. Aside from those two, there was another woman and 2 men. He cleared his throat now, flipping through his papers. The door opened now, and two more men and one woman entered, making there 10 people in the room overall.

"Hello." He greeted flatly, addressing his audience with a thin tone. "It's been quite a while, hasn't it?" Vladan asked. The man received a few apprehensive looks from that question now. "Don't worry." He said, lips tilting up into a bitter smile. "I'm not quite as dangerous as what the nasty government officials say about me on the news."

"You know." He said, finding himself continuing off topic before he could stop himself. "My brain is still working just as well as it was before they beat me and took me away." Vladan glanced down at his papers halfheartedly. "The lot of you wouldn't be able to survive a week in there, much less two months like me."

"Anywho." He said shortly now. "Back to the subject at hand." Vladan opened a folder, holding out a stapled packet of papers. "These are a few of the documents and contracts between both my company and others in the past half year. We've been growing steadily, and many more politicians from less..." He paused now. "Less advanced countries would like our help. For example."

"The military dictatorship in southern Africa would like several dozen to make sure their people live in fear of their government." Vladan ripped out a graph from one of his packets. "I need 2 billion dollars."

"That's an unbelievable amount, Veitkov." One of the men said. "Not possible. Even asking for 1 billion is too much."

"Leave then." Vladan replied, a thin smile on his face. "If any of you have a problem with this, you can leave with him." The man and 4 more people stood and left the room, muttering something about having their time wasted. Once the door slammed shut, he lifted up his legs, placing them on the table.

"Alright James. Room is completely soundproof" He said, eyes flashing as a wide grin spread across his face. "Let's get started with the real meeting." Vladan looked over at Coco. "Haven't seen you around before have I?"