Version 3 Beta Testing: Official Topic

in General

Deleted • 15 January 2017 at 8:04 PM

@Ian is that the same with the creatures?

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 16 January 2017 at 3:02 AM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/@fakeworld
What I was trying to do: View profiles while logged out
What failed: Profiles failed to load successfully while logged out of the test server

ErrorException in c94efd362eaa3219e2de79c0afa12d5fe145ad09.php line 162:
Trying to get property of non-object (View: /home/forge/default/resources/views/profile/user.blade.php)

Screenshot: http://prnt.sc/dw7jo0

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 16 January 2017 at 2:42 PM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/auctions/create
What I was trying to do: create an auction
What failed: select items list is all jumbled up/not lined up

http://prntscr.com/dwgl97
http://prntscr.com/dwglvh

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 16 January 2017 at 6:08 PM

@animegirlalways @rowyn: can you check the Cove Lists issue when viewing user profiles? You should no longer be seeing your own Cove and creatures on other people’s profiles. Thanks much. Ping back and confirm.

@spazz1226: thanks for the note about duped Notifications. I’m still trying to iron this out.

@novrain62: fixed the Edit Profile button on creature profiles. Does it look better now? Better spacing? I’m working on fixing the item selector. I know that the rows are jumbled, depending on what items display. Thanks much. ❤️

@fakeworld: try viewing profiles now, when signed out. Should be fixed. Please ping back and confirm. 😊 I appreciate it. Thanks!

@sybil_howlett: fixed Dragold’s Den and Advent Tree pages and their links.

Big updates today, please watch the change log and stay tuned for another special announcement at the Site Blog.

Female
32 posts

royal_heart • 16 January 2017 at 6:19 PM

@Ian

Hi,

I can't log onto the Beta testing website because aparently my password doesn't match to your records i tried to use the i forgot my password link but my email account didn't work.

Female
443 posts

say • 16 January 2017 at 6:23 PM

@Ian

Hi! I was visiting the cave and found a Lunisage egg in January but it was released in december 😊

Female
41 posts

kittykay • 16 January 2017 at 6:28 PM

@Ian

Hi,
I am also having the same problem as Royal_Heart. I even changed my password and it still didn't work.

35 posts

rabidwolfie • 16 January 2017 at 6:30 PM

Error found.

http://egg-cave.us/hw

I clicked on a link from the world map and it said the page I'm looking for could not be found.

It also said

NotFoundHttpException in RouteCollection.php line 161:

in RouteCollection.php line 161
at RouteCollection->match(object(Request)) in Router.php line 821
at Router->findRoute(object(Request)) in Router.php line 691
at Router->dispatchToRoute(object(Request)) in Router.php line 675
at Router->dispatch(object(Request)) in Kernel.php line 246
at Kernel->Illuminate\Foundation\Http\{closure}(object(Request))
at call_user_func(object(Closure), object(Request)) in Pipeline.php line 52
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Routing\{closure}(object(Request)) in CheckForMaintenanceMode.php line 44
at CheckForMaintenanceMode->handle(object(Request), object(Closure))
at call_user_func_array(array(object(CheckForMaintenanceMode), 'handle'), array(object(Request), object(Closure))) in Pipeline.php line 136
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request))
at call_user_func(object(Closure), object(Request)) in Pipeline.php line 32
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Routing\{closure}(object(Request))
at call_user_func(object(Closure), object(Request)) in Pipeline.php line 102
at Pipeline->then(object(Closure)) in Kernel.php line 132
at Kernel->sendRequestThroughRouter(object(Request)) in Kernel.php line 99
at Kernel->handle(object(Request)) in index.php line 53

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 16 January 2017 at 6:31 PM

@Ian
It's working now! 😊

1,029 posts

rowyn • 16 January 2017 at 6:41 PM

@Ian still seeing someone else's creatures loading in my cove ^^;

Female
32 posts

royal_heart • 16 January 2017 at 6:42 PM

@Ian

It's not working when i put in my password

Deleted • 16 January 2017 at 6:43 PM

Page URL of error:http://egg-cave.us/blog#
What I was trying to do: Hover over notifications and click on it.
What failed: Couldn't get to notifications on mobile

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 16 January 2017 at 6:44 PM

@royal_heart
"Accounts that have been created after 15 December 2016 are not able to log in on the test server. The test server doesn't accept new registrations."

Your account is too new to be a part of testing. Sorry.

Female
32 posts

royal_heart • 16 January 2017 at 6:46 PM

@Orderedchaos

Okay thanks! It's fine

Female
40 posts

skyember1534 • 16 January 2017 at 6:47 PM

@Ian

I've noticed that my cave countdown will freeze several times, but so far that's the only problem I have experienced!

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 16 January 2017 at 6:52 PM

@Ian

When you first enter, is says 200K total views, 0 players, 0 views yesterday, and 0 eggs adopted.

https://s24.postimg.org/xozpesm6d/download_66.png

Female
40 posts

skyember1534 • 16 January 2017 at 6:53 PM

@Ian

The cave description should be corrected to 6 eggs, not 5.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 16 January 2017 at 6:55 PM

@Ian
Thanks for adding me as a beta tester 😊 I'm still really confuzzled with the site and here are my opinions 😃

😊 Positives 😊
1. You can now trade with items and creature! 😃
I have always dreamed of this coming, and I ❤️ this new feature on V3 😊 It really gives us lots of options 😸 This has got to be my favourite feature on V3 😃
2. You can have 20 creatures in a trade lot?! 😱 Wattt 😱
I have always hated that you could only add 5 creatures in a lot?! 😱 One thing that bugs me on V2 is when you need to mass transfer and you can only do 5 at a time... o.O I ❤️ this new feature too 😃
3. Like when you click on a creature, Creature Name, Link to cretaure species 😊
I find this super useful rather than scrolling to the bottom of the page, you can just click on it 😊 Easy peasy ;D

☹️ Negatives ☹️
1. I'm not a fan of the new design...
It just... Takes up wayy too much space D: Although it looks a lot more modern and stuff, I still prefer the V2 layout...
2. Profile pic is so tiny?
It's literally at the corner of the page and it's not really centerpieced... In comparision, V2 has a efficient design that lets everything get onto the one page yet not take up too much space 😊
3. Notification crazy o.O
Once you post something a huge notification comes up... I don't think that's really needed o.o Also when you buy something a notification comes up too o.O
4./5. Creatures, tiny, other stuff, huge? and Takes up so much space...
When you mail or post on forum or post on someones wall... It takes up soooo much space o.o Everything takes up lots of space, like the info on your profile.. On the other hand, the creatures are tiny as heck o.o Even the writing seems huge next to creatures... ANd you forum post count/topic count ect. Is already like three times bigger than a cretauare.. EC is mainly about creatures and stuff and I do believe the cretaures should be desplayed bigger.. There's sooo much gap when you post on a wall...
6. Profile for a creature...
Takes up lots of space... I mean, it's cool, but the V2 design is a lot nicer, in my opinion o.o
7. Navigation bar..
The navigation bar on V2 is fine, I really love it o.o The V3 like it's, I just like the easy to naviigate side bar on V2... V3 is a tinsy bit harder to navigate...

That's bout it 😊 Be sure to add more beta testers 😃 Again thanks for putting soooo much effort into V3 😊

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 16 January 2017 at 6:59 PM

@Ian and notifications aren't going away after I check them, it still says I have 60 notifications.

@Leafmelody I agree with you.

Female
40 posts

skyember1534 • 16 January 2017 at 7:04 PM

@Ian

Gender selections are repeats "cis" "cisgender"

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 16 January 2017 at 7:07 PM

@Ian

In the cave, it still says that there are five eggs in sight, but there are six.

Edit: Whoops, someone posted it before I did.

I'm trying to add my creatures to the click exchange, but it's kind of tedious to close the enormous notification each time.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 16 January 2017 at 7:09 PM

Oh, nice! I got Beta on my main. Now I can finally test it. 😊
Have in mind: I'm a professional web designer and graphic designer so my opinions will be coloured by that. 😊

My first impression was: Well, this looks very new and fresh. But it also looks HUGE. Why, oh why, all the white space?

Responsive web sites are awesome - yes (and I happily build them myself) - but this site looks like it's made for tablets and phones alone. As if someone totally forgot the computer friendly version.

Most of the text elements look over-sized and (frankly) quite ridiculous on my 24'' computer screen, especially compared to the smaller maps and creatures. The H1 and H2 tags looms over everything like giants.

The huge text in combination with an excess of white space leads to a lot of extra scrolling that I personally don't like at all.
I tried making my browser window a lot smaller than full screen and the site design works much better. Feels very tablet-ish. But in full screen... Nah. Not good. I would like to see something more computer friendly.
Personally I never visit Egg Cave on anything else than a stationary (big) screen or laptop (not exactly small either).

Things I really like: Nice, fast menu. The entire site feels faster than before and I like that a lot.

Possible bug: I can't get my cove to load on my own profile. I just see the spinning loading symbol and nothing happens.
Tested in Firefox 50.1.0 and Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m. (Too lazy to bother with Edge right now.)
I tried without plugins activated and it still won't load in any of the browsers. Maybe it's just temporary though. 😊

---
And that's my initial thoughts. I will certainly find more (technical) things that I actually like, but graphic design is my thing, so... 😋

Transmasculine
445 posts

shrimp • 16 January 2017 at 7:09 PM

@ian

In the 'leaderboards', the numbers are completely out of order.

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 16 January 2017 at 7:11 PM

@Ian

I find it strange that one can donate cc items and cc vouchers, and also take one's own items back from the donations center. There should be a confirmation pop-up at least so valuable items aren't accidentally donated.

Bug: When the Reply Now (num pings Ping(by the way, there should be an (s) here)) button is clicked after pinging, it adds all of the pinged people, but adding another ping after and clicking the button again will add all the previous pings as well.

One more thing. A creature in a pending transaction cannot be put in the click exchange, but a creature will remain in the click exchange if it is put in a transaction after.

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 16 January 2017 at 7:17 PM

@Ian

I don't see the adoption center in the top bar, yet I can access it from the map.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 16 January 2017 at 7:20 PM

Web Design Police Alert! 😋 😋 😋

A modern, responsive site with lots and lots of scrolling but no "automatically scroll back to the top" button anywhere in sight??? For shame, @Ian! That's just not OK. 😉

I ended up clicking the clock instead just by reflex. Because, you know, that's where that button is usually located... xD

475 posts

spell • 16 January 2017 at 7:42 PM

Not 100% sure if this was intended, but I noticed that creatures with names that started with underscores were at the top of cove lists rather than the bottom 😋
Eg. _Creature1

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 16 January 2017 at 7:43 PM

@ian

Oh, and the first time I hop on the site, before I'm even logged in, it says that I have two new friend requests and 89 notifications. Why?

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 16 January 2017 at 7:53 PM

Love the new version 3 so far! And I'm quite honored to be part of the testers now. 😸

So far the bugs I've discovered are already mentioned so I'm still going to see if I could break the Version 3 of Eggcave more. 😋

But I do think there should be a post limit but more then 140...Just a suggestion of course. But keep on the awesome work! 😃

Female
165 posts

saphira1oo • 16 January 2017 at 8:07 PM

@Ian
Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/@saphira1oo
What I was trying to do: view my profile
What failed: My cove never loaded, even after I waited and refreshed.
Screenshot #1: http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/saphira1oo/media/Untitled1_zps8xdseitw.png.html

Screenshot #2:
http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/saphira1oo/media/Untitled2_zpsinozm8yg.png.html

Taken 9 mins apart. 😋... still loading.

Edit: Oops, look like someone else posted already 😋