Version 3 Beta Testing: Official Topic

in General

Female
2,210 posts

barbyka • 29 March 2017 at 3:30 AM

@Ian

I just checked the version 3, and everything updated ok, but for my creatures. Here I have 181, but on version 3 it says 168. Why?

I did have some trouble when testing started, since only 5 creatures, and the smallest amount of EC I had on hand when I first logged in, showed in version 3.

Hope everything's ok, before the site gets down.

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 29 March 2017 at 7:00 AM

@smithbob6

You can check what email you have associated to your accounts here. This link is located under My stuff > Preferences > Change Email Preferences.

You sister can still make a new account.

@barbyka
v3 isn't live so there will be differences in EC amount, creatures, mail etc. The test data will all be scrapped so the data you have on this version will go to v3.

Female
738 posts

dafni • 25 April 2017 at 7:02 AM

@ian

Well, I'm not a huge fan of version 3 for now, but everything is working fine so I hope I will get use to it.... Just three things really bother me:

1) Massive white space in the profile's description. If you have little text in there, the rest of the box is just emptiness in the middle of the page, not appealing at all.

2) 4 creatures per row instead of 5. Seems a little thing, but we used to organize our coves in block of fives, so now everything looks quite messy. Can we go back to 5 please? Also like the description it leaves so much white space between the creatures that they look like random icons more than a cohesive cove. Not cute.

3) Cave attempts are giving always same time waiting within the tries. It's always 19 minutes. It should be more random, right? I guess this is the easiest thing to fix, please keep an eye on it.

Female
38 posts

jeanne • 26 April 2017 at 3:30 AM

Is there a new reset time for feeding now? I am used to be able to feed after my 9 am (ECT 3am) but today I could feed earlier?

Female
245 posts

dariely3 • 26 April 2017 at 4:53 PM

@ian
When I did the click exchange. When I did all, I refreshed the page and checked for anymore since my wifi is iffy. When I checked it had the same exact creatures. Plus a few more.

Female
6 posts

yugi135 • 28 April 2017 at 12:11 AM

Page URL of error: https://eggcave.com/cove
What I was trying to do:Feed critters
What failed: the loading circle kept spinning

Page URL of error: https://eggcave.com/
What I was trying to do: get them to 100 percent happiness
What failed: the creature list wouldn't appear

Female
762 posts

thursdays_dove • 6 May 2017 at 11:28 PM

May I post a small suggestion for version 3 here? If not, then I apologize. When choose what to move from your strongroom to your inventory, can the quantity automatically default to 1 instead of the number of that particular item?

Example:

ABC Travel - I have 5 in my strongroom. The default is 5, so I have to change it to 1. Can this instead be defaulted to 1?

Sorry - first world problems. 😋

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 27 December 2017 at 9:45 AM

Hey, this never got closed...

Deleted • 28 December 2017 at 3:28 AM

Cool, I want to check out the third version of eggcave and that is what I am going to go and do right now. We just have to press the link, right?