Female
245 posts

dariely3 • 9 February 2017 at 3:35 PM

@flowerlynx Ok thanks didn't know that! 鉂わ笍 馃槉 馃構

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 9 February 2017 at 3:39 PM

@dariely3
No problem! I've never even bought anything from there either, until we got the 10k 馃挼.

Female
245 posts

dariely3 • 9 February 2017 at 3:42 PM

@Ian one more thing, not bad.

The Theif Shop! There is more creatures than before! Or is that because not much people have bought from there?

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 9 February 2017 at 4:34 PM

@Ian

(Sorry if the errors I report are old. I just got synced in)

Everything looks great so far...

I love how fluid and clean everything is 馃樃

All of my creatures are eggs. None of them are hatched. Also, not all of my cove is present. Is this because the server can not support the bulk of my creatures yet? (I have 120-something)

Male
660 posts

brad • 9 February 2017 at 4:36 PM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/@o_o
What I was trying to do: Delete all of my Profile Text so the module would go away, as it does on v2.
What failed: It did not go away. It just let an empty box on my profile.

Female
82 posts

oceanswhisper • 9 February 2017 at 5:10 PM

@Ian

All my creatures I have in my cove are now gone

I got a Whirlz from the cave, even though it's supposed to be retired

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 9 February 2017 at 7:33 PM

Eggcave V.3!

My opinion out of 10 (6/10) I will get more happy with it as days go by however @Ian

Pros! (good)

- Rename creature from its profile
- Cant go back to users profile after a feed.
- MORE THEIF SHOP!
- Egg moves when fed *amusing *-**
- Forums are nice.

Cons! (bad)

- too TOO TOO large!
- spaced out eggs and such ect...
- no side bar (profile, ec, cc, XC....ect..)
- too many circles on the creature after feeds.
- Cant click to previous creatures or to next when feeding
- Notifications don't ell you what happened and are in the bottom right corner... :?.... (ex: Mail, wall post...)
- Titles for auctions
- creatures and items in trades and auctions is not fun 鈽癸笍

Question!

- We have 10k CC?
- Do cash shop pets cost MORE now?

ALSO

@Ian maybe decrease size, I posted a forum in v.3 about EVRYTHING!
聽0 聽聽 2 hours ago 路 Reply 路 Delete 路 Report
dragrawr

@Ian will my creatures die If I don't feed them over there?
聽0 聽聽 2 hours ago 路 Reply 路 Delete 路 Report
dragrawr

@Ian but the creatures images are small. Maybe increase those sizes, and decrease the page size. ALSO- the background is a little too dark

Female
368 posts

scorpio • 9 February 2017 at 9:16 PM

URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/forums/recent_posts?username=scorpio
What I was trying to do: look at my recent posts
What failed: it just looks strange to me. The page doesnt look like what the rest of the site would look. Plus it says "oops something went wrong" on the bottom. Maybe it's because I'm on my phone?

I haven't really had the chance to properly take a good look at it yet since I am on my phone right now. I'll definitely do that when I get on a computer tho 馃槉

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 9 February 2017 at 9:31 PM

@dragrawr

To answer your question, we got 10,000 CC on the test server to test the boosts like feeds, views, and clicks. (Or for whatever else 馃槈 )

And one of your cons says that you can't click the previous creature or the next one. If you look to the right of the creatures name, there are arrows which will do the same thing as previous and next buttons did. Hope that helps 馃槂

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 9 February 2017 at 9:33 PM

@sobabearjess ... thanks! 鉂わ笍 鉂わ笍

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 9 February 2017 at 9:35 PM

@dragrawr no problem 馃槂

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 9 February 2017 at 9:37 PM

@sodabearjess will we get to keep all of it after everything?

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 9 February 2017 at 9:42 PM

@dragrawr not sure, since Ian had said you could go crazy and put up your best creatures for auction, I don't think he intends to keep this copy of the test server. It's just a copy, and our profiles on this version of Egg Cave are going to replace them when we update. He might, but I don't think it's likely. I'd gladly be wrong though.

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 9 February 2017 at 9:43 PM

@Ian clarify?

@dragrawr not sure, since Ian had said you could go crazy and put up your best creatures for auction, I don't think he intends to keep this copy of the test server. It's just a copy, and our profiles on this version of Egg Cave are going to replace them when we update. He might, but I don't think it's likely. I'd gladly be wrong though.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 9 February 2017 at 9:52 PM

@Ian

I went to the "Player Guide" section under the social tab, and none of the categories have text when clicked on. The picture is the only thing that shows.

Also, when you click on EasyCode in your cove, the creatures overlap. It doesn't impede the function of the EasyCode, but it doesn't look very good.

Male
660 posts

brad • 9 February 2017 at 10:34 PM

As for just general opinion on the design. It's okay. Everything is just wayyy too big. Way too spaced out, fonts are way too big, too much font-weight, buttons too big, page too wide, etc.

With all the bright colors, the size of everything, it feels like a site for kids. I do understand there are a lot of kids on here, but like... young kinds.
It reminds me of games that are designed for toddlers.

I don't mean it in a bad way. It's a good design. It's just not for this site, in my opinion.
Maybe your target audience is different than what I get the feel of, but the layout gives the site a whole different feel than what it is now.

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 9 February 2017 at 10:50 PM

@Ian @o_o @orderedchaos @april_ @jazzyleia

鉂わ笍 I have a questions- can my creatures die in version 3?

Or are they safe and can keep playing ver. 2?

I will miss v.2 鈽癸笍

Male
660 posts

brad • 9 February 2017 at 10:56 PM

@dragrawr

The version 3 site is completely separate from the version 2 site.

It's only there for testing purposes. If you never want to go over there, you don't have to. It won't effect you at all.

Eventually, the layout that is on the version 3 site will be moved here. When that happens, all of your data that is here will be moved over. Only thing that will be different is the way the site looks.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 9 February 2017 at 10:56 PM

@dragrawr
Right now, everything on version 3 is separate from the real site, because its a testing site. So yes, your creatures can die but if a creature dies on the test site it will not die on this one.

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 9 February 2017 at 10:58 PM

oh GOOD THANK YOU! and @orderedchaos is our CC gonna be kept, the 10k?

And also- will the cash shop pets cost more? 馃槉

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 9 February 2017 at 11:01 PM

@dragrawr
No, remember its a test site right now. Once version 3 gets released for real everything on the test site will disappear. Any creatures, items, EC, CC, ect. you get on the test site will NOT be transferred it will be erased. Which is why people are doing thing like auctioning macbots, its not real and will not affect the real site in any way.

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 9 February 2017 at 11:04 PM

ec ? 鈽癸笍 noooo

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 9 February 2017 at 11:10 PM

@dragrawr
I feel the same... 馃構

Female
173 posts

cartel • 9 February 2017 at 11:22 PM

@o_o is spot on about the new layout imo. Everything's huge and coloirful and it really does look like it's geared towards a much, much younger demographic than v2... like, preschool-aged. I've been a tester since day one and I just can't get used to it. :/

Here's a question for TPTB: will custom CSS ever be a thing here? A few other sites I use have it enabled and it could be a good compromise for those of us who don't like where v3 is going.

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 9 February 2017 at 11:30 PM

@cartel same I'm not liking it.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 10 February 2017 at 12:14 AM

Well, I'm liking it.
@dragrawr
@cartel

Female
1,475 posts

emeraldfirefly • 10 February 2017 at 12:33 AM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/help/increasing-stats
What I was trying to do: Look at the player guide, specifically the stats section.
What failed: All that showed up was a picture of a creature and absolutely no information

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 10 February 2017 at 1:03 AM

@Ian can my creatures on 3 version testing can die if will be not feed.and also some of my creatures arent there and they all are eggs some of my creatures were hached .

Female
123 posts

mistishackleton • 10 February 2017 at 1:22 AM

It still won't allow me to log in on the test version. @Ian

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 10 February 2017 at 2:06 AM

@Ian all my creatures are eggs again do i need to hach them again if that im quitting.and also some of my creatures arent there.do i now need to feed them.