Female
4 posts

angelafrostynose • 14 February 2017 at 2:07 PM

@jellifysh Thank you for the explanation 😊

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 14 February 2017 at 5:13 PM

Hey everybody,

What do you guys think about this improved layout with the sidebar re-added. With two columns, it feels less "oversized" with "insane whitespace", which has been the biggest criticism of the design.

https://cl.ly/jAZv

ALSO MOBILE IS VERY MUCH PRETTIER NOW:

https://cl.ly/jAIz

Please note that this is a screen shot from my dev environment and isn't live on the test server yet. But please... let me know... what do you think? I think that it's a huge improvement.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 14 February 2017 at 5:16 PM

@Ian

I approve so much of this change. ❤️

Female
110 posts

cosmia • 14 February 2017 at 5:17 PM

@Ian
I like it. ^-^

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 14 February 2017 at 5:18 PM

@Ian Its pretty cool and much smaller! But why does it say the all time views five times?

Female
224 posts

bluestar1313 • 14 February 2017 at 5:18 PM

@Ian

Its definitely an improvement, I really love this layout! Looks much easier to use.

Transmasculine
449 posts

shrimp • 14 February 2017 at 5:23 PM

@ian
Definitely better! ❤️

Deleted • 14 February 2017 at 5:24 PM

@Ian

Not quite there yet for me, but SO much better than it reminding me of a 'kiddie facebook' ha.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 14 February 2017 at 5:24 PM

Thanks everybody. I really think there are huge spacing improvements with a reinstated sidebar.

❤️

@leafstarofskyclan just a sample image, not live screen grab. 😊 Just think visually here.

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 14 February 2017 at 5:25 PM

@Ian Better, but I think it is a little too small.

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 14 February 2017 at 5:25 PM

@Ian Ah. Just puzzling lol

Deleted • 14 February 2017 at 5:27 PM

@Ian it's amazing! ❤️

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 14 February 2017 at 5:27 PM

@Ian It looks a lot better and easier to manage. 😸 I'd look forward to seeing that implemented into the V3 if you do decide to keep it.

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 14 February 2017 at 5:28 PM

@Ian

Very good!
The mobile looks awesome! 😊

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 14 February 2017 at 5:28 PM

@Ian

Yes a much better look. I use the sidebar a lot for navigation so less things I'll have to relearn the better ^-^

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 14 February 2017 at 5:28 PM

@Ian - That is such a great improvement to the layout, in my opinion. It looks quite a lot better than before.

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 14 February 2017 at 5:30 PM

@Ian

They both look amazing! Although the black search bar looks out of place, since everything else is so bright and cheerful. Also for the cove health bar, only saying "100%" is a little confusing if you didn't know what it was.

1,037 posts

anarchy • 14 February 2017 at 5:30 PM

@Ian

Beautiful! I thought everything was a bit too big on the current version but the spacing looks great here!

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 14 February 2017 at 5:37 PM

@Ian
I love the new look of it- it's easier on the eyes and looks a lot better. 😊

Female
351 posts

umbregrl • 14 February 2017 at 5:42 PM

@Ian like it!

Female
309 posts

polaroid • 14 February 2017 at 5:44 PM

@Ian Much better 😊

Female
2,487 posts

mindassala • 14 February 2017 at 5:48 PM

@Ian

Yes, this is a great improvement 😊

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 14 February 2017 at 5:51 PM

Agree with everyone else, much better! 😃

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 14 February 2017 at 6:01 PM

@Ian

Yes, this is a whole lot better than what was shown in the beta live server!
Thank you so much!

35 posts

rabidwolfie • 14 February 2017 at 6:03 PM

I LOVE the updated image. That said, copy-pasted form the ver. 3 forum.

Feedback for version 3.

So, I've been playing with version 3 for a bit and would like to give some feedback now.

I'd like to start with the new Status bar. I really like that. It's intuitive, everything-at-a-glance, and easy on the eyes. Although I miss the version 2 image banner at the top of the page. That said, there's a gap between the bar and the navigational buttons that looks awkward.

I don't mind the new cave layout, but there doesn't seem to be any room left for personalization. It's just a sheet of creatures. In the current version, you get to personalize the information you show and can leave a message. The scroll box is also handy because sometimes I want to see my wall without scrolling past all 300+ of my pets. I don't see a wall in version 3. Perhaps I missed it?

I LOVE the new individual creature set up. The new feed bar is somehow more convenient and the little animation, as if my critter was exalting in receiving some food, is very cute and makes feeding much more fun. The stats of views, clicks and feeds being right next to the icon is so convenient. And the addition of the counters is also wonderful. I miss the cute little icons of random food items and those short messages of "I love you." "Thanks." "You're nice." But it's not an unforgivable loss.
The happiness pie chart is also quite attractive.
Nice streamlining of the creature archive link as well. Very well done.

The Shops are about the same except for the restock timer. Unless this is going to be updated for live, I don't really see the point of it. I have deliberately visited various shops at random times, and no matter WHEN I went or how much merchandise they had, it ALWAYS said restocked 15 minutes ago. This would be handy if it worked, but otherwise it seems pointless.

The new cave is rather unpleasant. I don't know if I'm the only one to notice it, but there is so much SPACE. Just to get to the eggs I have to scroll, scroll scroll. Then to click on the select button I have to scroll, scroll, scroll some more. I do enjoy the changing descriptions of each egg, but the SPACE annoys me. If the current set up, I can check all ten of the first eggs in a matter of 30 seconds or so. In the new cave set up it takes nearly two minutes. If the extra space was shrunk down a bit more I would like it much better.
Also, the time limit on the new cave does not automatically update like the current. I had to refresh to see that the wait time was up, versus the current version that simply greys out the select button until it's time again.

The new auction system is perfect. I LOVE that you can now sell, not just trade but SELL items as well as eggs. I have long thought this should have been a feature. And now you can also sell multiple eggs/items at once. I have no complaints about this.

That's all I can think of for the moment. My only real complaint is how much empty SPACE there is everywhere. I don't know why everything has to be spread so far apart. It causes an obnoxious amount of scrolling to get past the nothingness. Other than that I love the alterations I've seen so far and I can't wait for them to go live.

Female
5,285 posts

glados • 14 February 2017 at 6:07 PM

@Ian MUAHAHAHA, i have more ec than ian right now! xox that being said, i do prefer this smaller sidebar to the larger one. bigger is sometimes better, but when it comes to moving the mouse to get to places, downsizing as much as possible is preferable ( at least to me ). otherwise, people will get impatient / hand cramps, etc. thanks for the considerate update! (:

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 14 February 2017 at 6:16 PM

@Ian
YAS. Approved! My eyes say it's waaaaaaaaay better than the very spaced out format.

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 14 February 2017 at 6:44 PM

@Ian I like it

SUggestion: I think we should still have drop downs EX: my stuff, explore, shops. I like it that way.

I also think we need the mail and notifications to be on the side bar. It will clean it up quite a lot.

ANd you could put the time where it was v.2. 😊 thanks I luv u

@jazzyleia @april_

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 14 February 2017 at 6:58 PM

@Ian

I'm loving this snazzy update.❤️

Non-binary
23 posts

cokealoka • 14 February 2017 at 7:14 PM

Looks much better!