Female
7 posts

shyblue • 7 March 2017 at 7:49 PM

@Ian
I love the new sidebar and I really like the way the egg cave is set up

Female
41 posts

bill_nye_the_nazi_spy • 7 March 2017 at 7:52 PM

i really like the new layout design of the site, it felt too big before.

Female
443 posts

say • 7 March 2017 at 7:55 PM

Looking good!

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 7 March 2017 at 8:20 PM

On a mobile, the stores don't auto adjust the placement of the items for sale.
I see three, then one item.
@@@
@
@@@
@
Like this^

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 7 March 2017 at 8:24 PM

@degong

I sympathize with much of what you express and some others. To be sincerely and brutally frank it was not much of a pleasure, more of focused disbelief or dismay. It's just so visually contrasting to me and the Captcha system is going to make me using the shops very painful at the very least.

Everything from the notifications, clashing side menu, stepped down navigation bar, milk toast profile with creatures situated on the "wrong side" 😋 to the missing status message in posts make me wonder in what universe is this V3 .. home is where the heart is - I'd like to keep my v2 please that's my take-a-way from my regretful 2nd journey to the funnel cloud of disorientation that is called v3.

Female
844 posts

chaotic • 7 March 2017 at 9:05 PM

It says "Not Eligible For Testing" now so....does that mean my privilege has been revoked now or did something happen?

Non-binary
1,362 posts

olimpt • 7 March 2017 at 9:56 PM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/cashshop/resurrection
What I was trying to do: Look at resurrection page
What failed: Some creature's names aren't aligned properly
http://prntscr.com/ehcfcr

Non-binary
23 posts

cokealoka • 7 March 2017 at 10:10 PM

hell yea man, this feels WAY better! the old version hardly felt like eggcave at all. this feels like a fresher version of what we already know.

my only complaint is on the profiles- there's too much space in between the assets imo. plus my annoying dog looks all messed now.

but seriously, this is a huge improvement. it feels so good to know that you guys listen. keep up the good work!

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 7 March 2017 at 10:50 PM

@Ian

I love the look on the computer but mobile is still a bit rough to navigate, I took some screenshots of what im talking about comparison wise.

This is what some things look like in V3 on my phone:

From the blog post:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dcq3yo&s=9#.WL9-XXpMHqA

From my profile:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2iag3ns&s=9

From my profile:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=8zo8ao&s=9

Heres what V2 looks like on my phone:

From my profile:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z6d4bt&s=9

I think some kind of a full website view on mobile like V2 would be much better, V3 mobile is just not user friendly. Also I miss the Livepulse being its own link and page.

Other than that, great work!!!♡

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 7 March 2017 at 11:12 PM

@Ian

Are we supposed to be logged out as of right now? I am.

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 7 March 2017 at 11:41 PM

@Ian my creatures either seem to be in the wrong stage or the images are not up to date also, please consider adding a bit of free space between the creatures, as you'd now have the age o one creature directly above the image of the creature under it

Male
660 posts

brad • 7 March 2017 at 11:45 PM

This feels a lot better than the last one in a lot of places. Well done!
I'd just like to say thanks for taking the time to listen to all the feedback and make these changes. You can definitely tell a lot of time was spent between last update and this one.

A few things I've noticed while messing around for a minute:

This green bar above the nav bar, is this intended? Feels a bit weird.

Where the background image ends, there is a harsh line where the background color isn't the same as the bottom of the picture.

I keep clicking on the creature happiness bar to try and feed creatures. Maybe a bit smaller and/or a different color would be better?

At the top of profiles, should the features creature image be cropped to include just the creature and it's travel? Not have the name and all there?

On a similar note, there is no vertical space between creatures in coves on profiles. One creature's level is sitting directly on top of another creature. Also, could we possibly stick with the 5 wide creatures we currently have? I've organized cove lists specifically for wide and going to 4 will mess that up.

If someone doesn't have their gender set, the gender box on profiles is a different size than the others.

Overall though, this is great. Big improvement in my opinion.
I really love the way the new cave looks too.

Female
2,919 posts

mairbear • 8 March 2017 at 12:03 AM

Two small things that I've noticed:

1) There's a visible colour change from the background image to the green that fills in the rest of the background. Would be nice if the background image could blend into the filler green colour.

2) Our status updates have no time stamp o-o The time stamp is really important to a status update. I'm not sure if that's just never been in v3 or if that got changed but we need it.

Female
32 posts

royal_heart • 8 March 2017 at 12:14 AM

@Ian

Cool 😊 Nice Job EC mods! ❤️

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 8 March 2017 at 12:49 AM

@Ian
I have a feeling that the majority of how much I like the new lay out is more to do with it's more familiar to the current one. My initial reaction to the "old" one was basically that I didn't like it because it was so different to what I was used to. The more I used it, the more I accepted it, but there seems to now be less of a learning curve to finding everything.

I also am not a huge fan of the moving creature when feeding. I'm not sure if this is also new, or I just never noticed, or something. For some reason (that really is most likely 99% me), it freaked me out to start with.

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 8 March 2017 at 12:56 AM

How do you get to your cove? It doesnt seemed to bd listed. Just

Explore
Cash Shop
Shop
Games
Social

Female
398 posts

deku • 8 March 2017 at 1:04 AM

@pet_cemetery

If you want to see your cove on your profile, you click on your username and a drop down happens. You click on "View Profile."

If you want to see your cove, the equivalent to "Your Creatures", then you click on the bar above your username that has a percentage on it and it sends you to your cove. 😊

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 8 March 2017 at 1:14 AM

My usetname isnt there. There the Words eggcave then the little drop down tab.

Experience the fun of endless adoptables and virtual pets.
New creatures every month.
More than 550 species!
Over 3,000 collectible items.
Well-established player base.
Infinitely expandable accounts.
Free to play.

At the bottom it says join for free like im not logged in. When i click on it im brought to the top of the page.

When i go to cash shop and click the freeze potion it bring up a list of my creatures but doesnt show how much cc i have left.

Its like im signed in, but im not. Ive tried clearing my cashe but it did nothing

Female
1,179 posts

ahgirltc • 8 March 2017 at 8:01 AM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us

What I was trying to do: Just accessing the normal tabs aka shops/cave/etc

What failed:

The section that said "New creatures every month.
More than 550 species!
Over 3,000 collectible items.
Well-established player base.
Infinitely expandable accounts.
Free to play." and all the creature images and stats are skewed to the left.

The user bar is also below the page to the left.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/Yt7Vt

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 8 March 2017 at 9:06 AM

I still want my DEFAULT Creature on the LEFT ❤️

221 posts

annapashmina • 8 March 2017 at 11:46 AM

I love the updates ❤️❤️❤️

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 8 March 2017 at 12:07 PM

I love how petite our coves are, but I just noticed that our creatures are a bit too close vertically.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 8 March 2017 at 12:39 PM

Going to post some more graphic feedback after nosing around on the newly updated version - which I like a lot better. 😊

Sidebar: Great improvement! I really like how I can click my username and get two different options. Miiiight get quite annoying if I want quick access to my profile to answer stuff on the wall though. (I do this a lot and one click extra each time... not exactly great in the long run.)
(Edit: After some serious using I'm actually more than annoyed by this extra click, actually. Slows things down a lot.)
Could we perhaps have a hover function that shows both options as soon as you move your cursor over the username? *being picky*

More serious note on the sidebar: I think the readability is pretty low. The green on green and then white text is not easy to see/read and if you have a crappy screen or some sort of visual problem then it can be an issue, actually.
I'd recommend black letters and, maybe, some sort of neutral sidebar colour to go better with the background, even when it changes.
(The green of the sidebar and the green of the (squished) Onny picture clashes quite horrendously, to be honest.) xD

Search bar: Never underestimate the value of visual clues!
Give me a magnifying glass symbol and another colour, please. Because right now it looks like a solid piece of the website, just like the clock, and not something that's made to be used.
Don't expect everyone to just READ what it says and understand that it's a search bar. It's bad design from a user-friendly point of view. (I'm so serious about this one, not joking. You think if people could just read... but nope. They don't.) 8D

User profiles: Scrollbar for profile texts! Great idea! ❤️
And the white space looks a lot better. It would look more airy and "free" without grey boxes around things like the Joined/Last Seen/Gender section though.

The white space in the cove/creatures box on the profile page is a bit messed up though. The critters are crammed together vertically, but far apart horizontally. A more even spacing would be both practical and prettier. Perhaps 5 in a row like in the old view? 😊

Creature profiles: I like this look a lot better.
Still missing the old food pictures though. The act of "feeding" by pressing a plain button is still disconnect without the food images. Big drawback for new users. Oldies might not even care, but, yeah... New users are more important, honestly. 😋

Other thoughts: I find myself missing "My stuff" in the big bad menu because it's so much easier to find all user stuff in one place, that's in an equally logical place as everything else. I haven't used V3 much so now I'm frantically looking for "My Cove" and can't find it... 8/

And that's the major things I thought about this time. 😊
All in all I think the design got a lot better, but could be improved even more. Great work so far though, @Ian! 😊

Edit: I just noticed that notifications about critters hatching and so on aren't clickable. Maybe that will be changed in the future though. It's good to be able to click the critter name in the notification and see that it evolved. 😊

Female
28 posts

prettykitty13 • 8 March 2017 at 1:04 PM

The new design is really cool, the only problem I have is readability of the white text on the green. It's a little painful and hard to read sometimes. Another question is can we keep the new eggs we steal on the beta cuz I am finding some really really awesome pets lol

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 8 March 2017 at 1:55 PM

Another thing that I've noticed was how our default creature level and name blends in with the header/background on our profiles, making it impossible to read.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 8 March 2017 at 5:20 PM

Thank you guys for the amazing feedback so far!

@silverserpent: thank you for your initial feedback. Good catch on the search bar. In fact, I had a moment myself where I realized I needed to search on a page but couldn’t “find” the search bar. Working on adding an icon…

I made the circular pills darker on the sidebar, which ideally makes the white text pop more and have more contrast. What do you think? Your username now redirects you to your profile, in addition to having a dedicated Preferences and Creatures (Cove) link.

@lilminxy_ @novrain62: group mail limits have been upped to 50 people in version 3. I hope that this helps you!

@pet_cemetery @falconair: not being able to find “Your Lair/Cove” was a HUGE issue. Sorry about that! I completely overlooked this link. It’s now visible under “My Creatures” on the sidebar. Good catch, thank you! ❤️ You can also get to your lair by clicking the Cove Health (percentage bar) on the sidebar.

The feed button is high up on the page for a reason: we want for it to allow people to feed creatures and other people’s Coves as quickly as possible, without really having to “scroll down.”

The overall layout background is in a different orientation, but it’s actually the background on version 2 that’s stretched awkwardly, not on version 3. It’s just that we’ve been so used to version 2 for so long.

@o_o @degong: thank you for your valuable feedback. I’ve changed the color of the feed button on egg profiles from green to blue, so that it’ll stand out a bit more. I hope that this helps!

Also fixed the vertical spacing issues with viewing cove lists on user profiles.

@ljacks: thanks for reporting this issue with Tim’s. I’m working on a fix as we speak. Thanks.

@veritaspunk: how does the sidebar menu clash? With what colors does it clash with?

@piucca: fixed shops item grid on mobile. Thanks!

@ricefishie: thanks for pointing out the “dead egg profile” page. We’ve beefed it up again, making it more helpful with the most recent creatures again.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 8 March 2017 at 6:16 PM

@Ian

Glad I could help some more. 😊
And I must laugh a little about you searching for the search bar yourself. Wonderful. x)

The changes look good. 😃
The contrast in the sidebar works well with the white text now, yes. And I like the new links to Preferences and Cove a lot! *thumb up*

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 8 March 2017 at 7:44 PM

@Ian - that is fantastic! Thank you!! ❤️

Male
660 posts

brad • 8 March 2017 at 8:56 PM

@Ian
Looking good!
The sidebar looks much better with the darker colors now. That was one of my complaints when you first showed it off in just the screenshot.

I'm sure you're fully aware of it, but the background color still isn't the same as the bottom of the background picture. Should be #54823c and it's currently #4a7734 .

Guess I should have linked the gender thing. Where the gender info box isn't the same size as the others: http://egg-cave.us/@x_x

Maybe I'm missing something, but the feed button for creatures is still green? It turns blue for the brief time that it has the loading animation, but that's all I see.