Version 3 Beta Testing: Official Topic

in General

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 6 February 2017 at 4:47 PM

@cloud-n-bolts: which creature of yours did you try and change the color of the star, but it said that you didn’t have one? Please let me know and ping back with the creature’s name or ID on the test server.

@silverserpent @evilyowling: page breaks have been fixed in these various areas. There were quite a few. Thanks for finding them. You rock! Fixed.

@silverlite: glad you’re liking it. Thanks for testing.

Big updates today include:

- Re-adding of the "Check All" button on both item and creature selectors (useful at Tim's Food and other places)

- Fixing of Strongroom -> Inventory duping items

- Added some safeguards to prevent Cash Shop Park forms from "double submitting" -- so you don't lose double CaveCash if the server lags

- "Locked" creatures are now automatically excluded from the creature selector when creating a trade, offering in a trade, and creating an auction

Thanks again, testers! ❤️ You're beautiful, amazing people.

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 6 February 2017 at 6:58 PM

@Ian

Just a minor text issue, but, I was reading the interest rate description, and said that I would currently receive 6 EC EC (double EC said). 😊

Female
806 posts

aedia • 6 February 2017 at 10:45 PM

@Ian Just went on and tried out the CC and boosts. Seems to be working very smoothly and going fast!!! I am really liking it! 😊

Female
44 posts

falconair • 7 February 2017 at 11:04 PM

@Ian
All of my creatures caught-up on evolving from feeds/clicks with the exception of one poor guy that's stuck as an egg. My Meriton isn't frozen, but will not hatch.

Link to Creature: http://egg-cave.us/egg/1696874

I just did more feeds/clicks through the Cash Shop items that didn't give it a jump, either, but everything else that was supposed to evolve has done so (and super quick!).

Also!

I made a comment on my own profile, and went to delete it. A confirmation popped up warning I couldn't undo the delete, and I clicked 'OK' to delete it. I then got redirected to a 404 page not found error. I reloaded my wall to see if the comment was still there, and it was. I tried the same process a second time, and got the same 404 error and the comment is still present.

Looks like we can't delete profile comments yet.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 7 February 2017 at 11:54 PM

@falconair
The Meriton cannot evolve at any point of the year except in December so it isn't an error.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 8 February 2017 at 1:59 AM

@Ian
I used some jars and a star on my Fourbon, I'm pretty sure it worked? 😱

Female
44 posts

falconair • 8 February 2017 at 8:22 AM

@mastergemma
Oh! That makes much more sense, thank you!

Female
35 posts

holted76 • 8 February 2017 at 9:06 AM

@ian
i just got a notification about it being the 1st of FEB.

Also in the click exchange, it says you can only do 10, but the "stat" bar has it to 20
http://egg-cave.us/exchange/faq

Female
192 posts

vanley • 8 February 2017 at 9:14 AM

@holted76 I got the same thing.

@Ian I'm sorta glad I discovered something relevant to the website (doubling of items) it's great you fixed it!

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 8 February 2017 at 5:09 PM

@falconair fixed the issue with deleting wall comments! Thanks for this. ❤️

@holted76 fixed that copy.

That's very weird about the 1st of February notification. I'll have to look into that.

@vanley honestly, you found the biggest, most baddest bug in version 3. For that, I'm grateful!

Female
1,539 posts

5eggs79 • 8 February 2017 at 5:10 PM

So I realized I was added to Beta testing on one of my sides, so I went on and was playing around when...

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/inventory/send_to_friend
What I was trying to do: Send a 5,000 CC voucher to my main
What failed: I got an error page with a bunch of code.

QueryException in Connection.php line 729:
SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`forge`.`item_user`, CONSTRAINT `item_user_user_id_foreign` FOREIGN KEY (`user_id`) REFERENCES `users` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE) (SQL: update `item_user` set `user_id` = , `updated_at` = 2017-02-08 17:07:09 where `id` = 1312904)

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 8 February 2017 at 5:12 PM

@5eggs79

What was the name of your main? Was it from your friends list or entered in by username? Please let me know. Thanks much.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 8 February 2017 at 5:15 PM

I've gotten the "February 1st" pop up as well.
@Ian

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 8 February 2017 at 5:18 PM

@flowerlynx thanks for reporting this. Yes, I believe everybody received it. 😊 I'm investigating this bug now!

Female
1,539 posts

5eggs79 • 8 February 2017 at 5:36 PM

@Ian
My main is @5eggs79, this account. I was trying to send it from my side, @limelight. And I typed in the username.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 8 February 2017 at 6:37 PM

@Ian
Hello Ian, when I tried to log in, it said, this account is not eligible for testing, it may be a problem because I accidentally tried to log in from my side becasue I thought I was on normal eggcave, lol x3 But yea, it won't let me log in now, thanks!

Female
44 posts

falconair • 8 February 2017 at 7:15 PM

@Ian
You're welcome! I tested it on my end, and everything went through just fine. Thank you!

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 9 February 2017 at 1:52 PM

@5eggs79 this bug has been fixed, when sending an item to a friend from your Inventory. ❤️ Thanks for catching this.

Welcome 100 new testers!

Female
313 posts

playdate • 9 February 2017 at 2:03 PM

I like it it's a lot smoother and the graphics are a lot better.

Female
2 posts

wintershadow • 9 February 2017 at 2:07 PM

Hey I have a question, I already have 10,000cc on the version 3 server, but if I was to get more, would I still have to pay with real money

Female
245 posts

dariely3 • 9 February 2017 at 2:09 PM

I like this but when I got on all my creatures were at 0 happiness or health

Female
177 posts

spelunker • 9 February 2017 at 2:12 PM

Pretty sure this isn't a glitch...

Page URL of error: We went from here: http://egg-cave.us/auctions/73/show
to here: http://127.0.0.1:2372/blockpage?id=475
What I was trying to do: Place a bid
What failed: my K9 web protection labeled it as "suspicious" and denied access. This has never happened before on the current version, is something different in the code or something?

(Also, super thrilled to be a tester, LOVE the graphics!)

http://egg-cave.us/auctions/create

Gap in the item list?

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 9 February 2017 at 2:52 PM

@playdate thanks for this feedback. I love it! ❤️

@wintershadow all version 3 testers were given 10,000 CaveCash for experimentation. It is not synced with the live server and will be synced with your actual balance when version 3 goes live.

@dariely3 that's because the version 3 site and actual site are not synced. It's a copy of the data, not synced. So your creatures will need to be fed on version 3.

@spelunker in order for me to investigate this, I'll need some type of message as to why your web protection blocked it. I have no idea what could have triggered that. Please let me know if it had a message associated with the block notice.

Female
177 posts

spelunker • 9 February 2017 at 2:54 PM

@Ian
egg-cave.us/auctions/54/submit_bid is blocked because it is currently categorized as: Suspicious

(different auction)

Also, this just happened.

I was trying to buy a Star Potion for my Diablos from the manage star option. Red box came up saying:
There was an error processing your request. Please reload this page and try again.
Reloaded, same thing.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 9 February 2017 at 3:04 PM

@Ian This been going on for a while now. Not sure if it is a bug. But when I set up trades the creatures or items will remain in my selection box when I go to set up another lot.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 9 February 2017 at 3:04 PM

@spelunker that's very strange. I have no idea why it'd be blocked. In fact, there is no physical content on the "submit_bid" page URL. That's just a URL where data is posted to.

Does the page work when you disable your web protection, if you have that option?

Female
177 posts

spelunker • 9 February 2017 at 3:08 PM

@Ian
I can't test that on this computer (not mine), but I will see what happens with this when I'm on my normal setup.

Female
245 posts

dariely3 • 9 February 2017 at 3:12 PM

@ian this one is just a simple thing

It says when I buy something in the Cash shop "click the box to see in your inventory" I clicked it and it didn't take me

Also I bought a bottle of 5500 views the CC is gone but I didn't get the item.

With the trading what if I just want to trade EC or just Travels or just creatures?

When I offered How to Train Your Wiset, it was still visible when I tried to trade in another lot.

Ok to much bad need some good. I love this new Version 3. It's like EggCave has evolved to the future. The graphics, amazing. The movement of the creature when you feed it is adorable! 😸 I think my mind will explode from so much at once!

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 9 February 2017 at 3:31 PM

@dariely3
The bottle of views is not an item... it just gives all your creatures 5500 views...
If you check later it should've worked. It takes a while sometimes 😸

Female
85 posts

kitty999 • 9 February 2017 at 3:33 PM

http://imgh.us/16667743_1842842755983593_1672371500_o.png

http://imgh.us/16667204_1842864439314758_2110380098_o.png

http://imgh.us/16668009_1842865099314692_144215327_o.png

Look at the letters.