Version 3 Beta Testing: Official Topic

in General

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 February 2017 at 6:13 PM

@Ian i bought 5500 views. Texus evolve to adult stage at 2250. They are all eggs. Oh, and when you reset the creature stats, my frozen (1st stage) Luminese went to egg stage. Is this normal?

I bought a Leaf of Vaka as well. I deleted jt because i have a lot of cc (and why not). It didn't give me a warning before i deleted it. There should be a warning before you delete, donate, or send a cc item to someone else.

Plus, why are you able to rebirth eggs? They keep the same birthdate when you do such, so I don't get the point.

Non-binary
23 posts

cokealoka • 2 February 2017 at 6:18 PM

Same thing has been happening to me with the views/clicks/feeds not leveling up my creatures. All are still at egg stage, all views/clicks/feeds were purchased from the cash shop.

Female
35 posts

holted76 • 2 February 2017 at 6:27 PM

@Ian
All my eggs have nearly 5000 of everything yet none will evolve. Guess it was a good idea to test it

@jellifysh
I think the rebirth is so users can freeze in the egg form. At least that is one way to use it.

Female
351 posts

umbregrl • 2 February 2017 at 6:35 PM

@Ian Same, all my eggs have over 5 000 of everything and none of them will evolve.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 2 February 2017 at 6:40 PM

@Ian

No notification for evolutions.

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 2 February 2017 at 7:06 PM

Well, most of my critters finally evolved, except both Meritons. Which is strange, cause with the bottle of 2000 views applied an hour ago they definitely should. Instead, they still appear as eggs. Both of them.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 February 2017 at 7:14 PM

@ian They all evolved now, except my Luminese, who was frozen in 1st. Now, he is frozen in egg. Whoopee!

tone of sarcasm should be detected.

sorry, tonS of sarcasm should be detected.

Well, both are equal and have the same meaning.

I should stop.

The end.

Female
443 posts

say • 2 February 2017 at 7:19 PM

@Ian

i have bought a couple of each click, feed and views but my creatures did not evolve. should I refresh more?

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 February 2017 at 7:22 PM

@jellifysh
Sarcasm really isn't helpful for testing. Remember the beta site is a test site. Changes that happen there will not be reflected on the actual site or when version 3 finally gets released. Your real Luminese will still be frozen in the correct stage now and when testing is done.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 February 2017 at 7:35 PM

@Orderedchaos okay, cool. 😊

7 posts

silentwolf • 2 February 2017 at 7:41 PM

@Ian
I seem to be experiencing the same issue where none of my creatures are evolving no matter how many views/feeds/clicks they have.
Tried logging out and logging back in, no change.
I also bought a Leaf of Vaka before anything else so I don't know if that had any affect on the issue or not. They are all at 100% happiness though so at least that item is working 😋

Edit: I checked back a little later and all of my creatures except my Meriton have evolved.

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 2 February 2017 at 7:41 PM

@Ian

Stats were applied correctly, delayed evolution and no notification. I even refreshed and still no evolution update, level was updated.

Female
9 posts

yellow_egg • 2 February 2017 at 7:48 PM

@Ian

I seem to be having the same problem as everyone else: stats update, level updates, but no evolution notifications or image updates due to evolution despite having met the stats needed

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 2 February 2017 at 7:56 PM

@asbe So your creatures did evolve after some time? If so, how long did you wait?

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 2 February 2017 at 7:57 PM

If we have V3 recommendations/general feedback not related to bugs, would this forum be an appropriate place to post it? 😊

Female
9 posts

yellow_egg • 2 February 2017 at 8:01 PM

Also, I tested the gender changing stones, the star potion and the star removal potion and those all seemed to work.

Female
144 posts

alityria • 2 February 2017 at 8:14 PM

@Ian

First of all thank you so much to be chosen as a Beta tester^^ I'll try my hardest best to give feed back (which I'm terrible at) and what possible can be improved. I do speak only for myself since I don't know what others think and/or feel about V3 Eggcave. Sorry for the wall of text coming up! >.<

Overall look
My first impression to V3 was so colorful! So different what we have now and more inviting just the way how it looks.
The font is a big improvement. No standard font maybe a little on the large side, but good readable c:
I really like the icons for the "Cash Shop, Explore, Shop, Games, and Social" makes it playful and pleasant look for the website something I did missed in V2. Exploring the website I felt my happiness growing just by the fact you have to click 'Explore' before you can select for example the 'Cave'. On V2 when you go with your cursor at accident the tabs would open spontaneous and before you knew it you selected one of tabs while you don't want to... (It frustrates me allot when this happened >.>).
Moving on I see a colorful balk thingie (don't know the exact name in English) with '1,907 EC, 0 CaveCash, Clock, 93% and 13 Items'.
So looking at this I went blank what 93% was meant for. It could be anything and I clicked and found out it was for the Cove Health.
Wouldn't it be better just to do it on this way for the progression bar: Cove Health: 93%
Another idea can be with the progression bar if you go on it with your cursor to that the progression bar Cove Health: 93% change to Cove Spaces: 49% Just an idea^^ If this is not clear what I meant just tell me and I'll adjust a screenshot what I mean.
(Tip of all of you: POKE TAHT CLOCK NOW! I never get enough of it 😱)

Cave
To be honest I'm not a big fan of the text that is with the eggs since it doesn't really matter what you choose or choose the same egg over and over they are different each time. If an egg would have the description that they would have like DragCave than yes that would be more logic to use text. It's now I got false information about an egg and doesn't fit in the profile of the egg.
I also miss the countdown for the next approach. It only shows how many minutes from now until next approach.
When approaching an egg it's pretty lined up next to the Cave Illustration and I also love what you did with the text.
The text is way more clearer in V3 than in V2! Makes me a happeh person ❤️ Warning text is way better noticeable than V2 and with a fancy warning color as well!
My question is what happens with the creatures that have been adopted in V3? Are the creatures going to be deleted or would they be added to your system later?

The Mysterious Asteroid
I find it a bit strange that the eggs in the 'Cave' have text while in the 'The Mysterious Asteroid' don't. Like previously said before I don't like text by the eggs (see Cave for feedback), but if you the one thing you should do it by the other as well and not two different things. I don't know when you actually approached the egg how it the interface looks like (I miserably failed to getting an egg myself in V3).
Hopefully it is the same as the Cave I can't say more about it.

The Archives
Finally those weird grey things are gone! It's way more pleasant to look at the gorgeous eggs ❤️ The 'Species' list is always on the alphabetical order and now the 4 Newest Species isn't there anymore.
Will there be a 'Show By' system for newest/oldest and alphabetical order for the Archives under Species list? I have a Excel file where I keep track which creatures I have and which I don't and sometimes it's a pain in the butt to find a creature that I miss in my Excel file what was added new to the Eggcave...

Trades Center
Trading 20 creatures at ones is a big improvement in comparison only trading 5 at once and even items sweet! Putting the items and creatures in one Trade Center is so much better and less confusing like in V2.
I have an item that's in the Auction, but in the Trade Center I noticed I can selected the item, but can't trade it away. Maybe handy to use a lock like in Inventory so you know it's in the Auctions?

Auctions
I don't know where to start o.o Holy jeez louise! I actually tested this and I'm in love with the Ending Time 😃 Especially if you have the enormous time difference with your country and the website ❤️
Same thing with Trade Center you can select the items, but you can't Auction them. Lock thingie too?

Click Exchange
Really happy with the 20 creatures instead of 10 😃 Not going to lie I use Yarolds myself and sometimes you want to put way more creatures in it but it is not guaranteed that every creature is going to be fed.
You can buy for more slots but I don't want to spend money for more slots if my creatures aren't going to be fed for sure.
Only my concern is why does the CE only pick up 9 instead 10 of my creatures? It does miss my Whirlz_F creature which was added on 2 January 2017, 8:51 pm. It was added before I became a Beta Tester and I do see my creature in my creature list in V3 😋

My Creatures
Omg yesh~! I'm so happeh with what you need for the next evolution of your creature 😃 I always checked The Archives how far my creatures were with their evolution stats so this is so much better c:
The loading circles for the creatures looks very nice if the creatures aren't full loaded yet!

Transfers?!
OMG! YES! I have been waiting for this! 😃 Now I can easily transfer my creatures without making a normal trade^^
Normally I would wait until I had 4-5 creatures before I transfer my creatures to my side accounts.
I would love to test this, but is it possible to this even my other accounts aren't beta testers without losing a creature?
Also I do see a button "Hide Immortals", but not "Hide Mortals". I would love to see this option as well since I only transfer Immortals to my side accounts^^
(How can I test this? Or is this going to live when V3 is released to everyone?)

Tim's Food Shoppe
90 days?! I love you for this 😃 30 days extra of service you can buy that's way to awesome! ❤️
When I extended in V2 the creature(s) would go automatically sorted out by time which creature would expire first at Tim's Food Shoppe. In V3 I extended my first creature on the list and it doesn't seems to sort out by time anymore. So the first creature expires at 19 Mar, 5:25:26 PM, the second creature expires at 17 Mar, 5:25:26 PM and my last creature expires at 14 Apr, 7:51:57 AM. I find this a bit strange to be honest and I don't see the option button sort out by time as well.

I certainly cannot wait until V3 is done and online c: It has allot improvements in here 😃 It's looking playful and inviting to play Eggcave^^ There are some things I'm still testing and not be able to mention them in here, but hopefully soon. Sorry for the belated feed back.

Update (Subject: Testing Stat & Evolution Boosters)
After this was added for testing I tested first the Bottle of 5500 Views. When I applied the Bottle of 5500 Views I looked in My Creatures and some of them should have been evolved and they didn't. I also didn't got any notification that they are evolved nor immortalized. I used Recache to make sure that the creatures would be evolved, but the levels went up. I used all three different Best Valued Stat & Evolution Boosters, but the creatures didn't evolved after even Recaching again. The levels however are now almost at 4000 for all my creatures. (I always thought that Stat & Evolution Boosters was only usable for on one creature^^,)

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 February 2017 at 8:17 PM

@Ian Creatures are not evolving, despite all of them having

3,800 Clicks
2,600 Feeds
Level 3,966

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 2 February 2017 at 8:23 PM

@Ian

Thank you for selecting me as a beta tester! ❤️

I tried to post on this forum,

http://egg-cave.us/forums/topic/63230

but it wouldn't let me and said that was double posting even though I had never posted on that forum.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 February 2017 at 8:24 PM

@Ian Are we allowed to send false reports to make sure it's working? 😊

Female
2,021 posts

ice2505 • 2 February 2017 at 8:26 PM

@Orderedchaos awesome! 😊 thanks

Female
12 posts

xxestherxx • 2 February 2017 at 8:33 PM

Not sure if this is intentional or not but there's no option to send an item to a user not on your friend list :0

Deleted • 2 February 2017 at 8:38 PM

All of my creatures are at level 4466. No growth, no progress nothing. EVEN the ones that were frozen at a certain stage.. I used all of the CC shop level things, clicks, views, feeds..

all pets have the same stats
3,800 Clicks
4,100 Feeds
Level 4,466

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 2 February 2017 at 8:39 PM

@Ian

It looks like I have the same problem as some - creatures don't appear to evolve. I can't seem to refresh to make it work, so they're basically forever eggs now.

Female
1,768 posts

minnie298a • 2 February 2017 at 8:47 PM

@Ian
I'm aware that the delay has already been reported, and you've commented on it. For me it was just under 2 hours. The purchase was at 6.36pm, and they started to evolve, for the feeds and views at about 8.28pm. However suddenly being bombarded with something close to 600 notifications between evolutions and immortalisations in a matter of minutes was ....... an unique experience. However, I did get notifications, but I can't say they all came through. The pets I froze for feeds and views, froze at the egg level as I expected them to.

For clicks, I purchased 2x 375 at 6.42 and 6.44. Then froze a creature (Amard the Meganox) at 6.45, before purchasing the big bundle of clicks at 8.02. Those clicks counted at about 8.40, as I was typing this (my notification count is back up to over 350). My understanding is that Amard should have froze at the first stage as it needed 500 to evolve (which was provided by the 2 small packs) and had 750 applied before it was frozen. It has however frozen in the egg stage. Is this because I didn't wait for the evolution before freezing, is it still in the works, or is it in the programming?

Female
44 posts

falconair • 2 February 2017 at 9:21 PM

@Ian

So, two interesting things I've noted. I came on today to something like 256 notifications, but none of them showed up in the notification section when I clicked (just the usual log-in bonus).

As most have mentioned, creatures aren't evolving as they should be. I've tried a hard refresh, and I'll play the waiting game now to see if it can catch up to them. I'm also one of the users that purchased a Leaf of Vaka before doing anything else, too.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 2 February 2017 at 9:37 PM

@ian

Gender Changes work fine
Star potions work good
Star removal works good
All status potions work but doesn't evolve creatures even when cache is cleared and the creatures are recached
It takes a long time for creature images to load on the MyCreatures tab. (not sure if it's because I'm using the phone )
It takes a while for creatures being recached to load but not as slow as the My Creatures Tab
Essence of Litsndats pops on creature profile. Not sure if it will keep it frozen though?

Female
192 posts

vanley • 2 February 2017 at 9:40 PM

Something I just noticed was when I decided to buy a 5,000cc voucher it doubled when I sent it from my strongroom to my inventory so I ended up redeeming then both and now I have 15,000cc. Is anyone else having this problem?

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 2 February 2017 at 9:44 PM

@vanley I tried it out and not for me. The CC just went down for me. Did you use the cc voucher went you bought it like convert it back into usable cc?

Update:Redeemed the cc and still remained what I originally have.

Female
192 posts

vanley • 2 February 2017 at 9:46 PM

@poptarts Yes, after I sent it to my strongroom then to my inventory, two appeared instead of one. So I tried redeeming both and they both worked.