Version 3 Beta Testing: Official Topic

in General

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 3 February 2017 at 3:14 AM

@sodabearjess

About an hour.

@Ian

My Meritons still refuse to evolve, applied a bottle of 5500 views, nothing happened. Bought a potion to unfreeze my frozen Tific and it evolved to the last stage right away.
In a word, there's a problem with Meritons.

Female
192 posts

vanley • 3 February 2017 at 5:36 AM

I feel kinda productive since I actually found a problem XD

Female
538 posts

cala • 3 February 2017 at 6:23 AM

I haven't found any bugs yet.I like it.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 3 February 2017 at 7:33 AM

@Ian

I just found this random snowflake next to one of my creatures. Intentional or not? http://oi66.tinypic.com/2pzgo5x.jpg

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 3 February 2017 at 8:59 AM

@Ian

Managing a star is impossible on mobile. ☹️ Both positions don't work, and zooming out isn't an option. The pop-up is cut halfway, so I could sort of change the position and color, but I couldn't see the star on the creature since it was cut off. Getting out of the pop-up is not possible, so I have to exit the tab and go back.

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 3 February 2017 at 10:11 AM

Evolving works good for me. However, any frozen creature was frozen as an egg. I know the new version isn't linked to this one but now I have several frozen eggs on the test server that were frozen in specific stages.

@Ian

Female
12 posts

xxestherxx • 3 February 2017 at 10:56 AM

@nightmaremoon12 It's because you froze that creature. Unless you didn't freeze it, of course.

1,175 posts

crunchyoreo25 • 3 February 2017 at 11:07 AM

Evolving works fine, but creatures don't seem to be levelling up consistently -- some are at level 583, some at 1250, and some at 250, with the same number of each stat. Pretty sure this isn't usually the case.

Frozen creatures seem to gain the stats, but are still at level 1.

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 3 February 2017 at 11:59 AM

@Ian - OH MY, 2,900 NOTIFICATIONS. I guess this was worth the wait.

Evolving seems to work fine for me, anyway. Non-frozen creatures evolved, and the frozen ones - of course - didn't. Well, except Meritons... They are still in egg form (and my Meritons are unfrozen). I'll report any other strange evolutions if I notice them, as this is only through a quick scroll through my cove.

Deleted • 3 February 2017 at 3:50 PM

@Ian it worked!

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 3 February 2017 at 5:20 PM

@Ian

A kind of update of my last post that I meant to post when I did it, but forgot to hit the post button.

I used the Potion of Rebirth on one of my pets (Algerah the Aig). I then potion feed 250 to the first stage, which updated in seconds (Yay, although that may have something to do with the 4.30 am time slot), froze them, then feed another 1000. The creature froze in the first stage, so that worked that time. Amard the Meganox is still frozen in the egg stage, despite teh fact the freezer was applied when they had teh required stats to evolve to first stage when the freezer was applied, but I didn't wait for the evolution.

Now, on to a new issue. I got 2 new notifications. One at 3.21pm saying my Star Creatures gained 4 stats, another at 5.00pm saying the Star Creatures gained 6 stats.

Female
123 posts

mistishackleton • 3 February 2017 at 5:31 PM

@Ian

It continues to tell me that The credentials don't match the records.

I tried changing it and its still telling me that.

https://gyazo.com/6019defc7e0df96a268ec092a5324cf8?token=b39980824c521de2503e775a6fdbacf8

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 3 February 2017 at 6:42 PM

Stat boosters from the Cash Shop do not increase your monthly Leaderboard standings. Return to the Cash Shop

Does this mean that if I use the potions none of my creatures will have a chance of being placed on the leaderboards? If so then I used a bunch of them and still got placed onto the leader board.

@ian

Edit: Nvm, just realized there was a monthly leader board.

Female
116 posts

nap • 4 February 2017 at 7:53 AM

@ian

I bought potion of views,clicks and feeds and for some reason all frozen cretures become eggs?

9 posts

tigerlove • 4 February 2017 at 10:19 AM

I have the same problem as everyone else with the meriton not evolving.
I used the potion of rebirth then bought a stat potion. When you go to freeze a creature right from here even though it has stats to be evolved on the freeze screen it shows as an egg till to go to my creatures ( after doing this on the same creature the egg is no longer a problem. It shows right evolve for freezing.)
I'm not sure if it's just my tablet or site but when using potion of rebirth I have alot of images not showing.

Just the few I'll try more later.

Female
1,083 posts

bang14982 • 4 February 2017 at 11:06 AM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/cashshop/resurrection/566835/show

What I was trying to do: Resurrect a dead creature when my cove was already full.

What failed: I was able to resurrect the creature with no problem, but my cove capacity was 375. I now have 376 creatures total, which is beyond the cove limit. When I bought an extra space, it said the capacity was 100% though and I can't get any other creatures, so that seems to work fine.

Female
64 posts

mychelle1212 • 4 February 2017 at 11:16 AM

@Ian
I'm unable to log back into the test server after logging out yesterday. Whenever I try to click the login link the page displays a "This account is not eligible for version 3 beta testing. Please check back later and watch the Site Blog on eggcave.com for updates." message.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 4 February 2017 at 11:33 AM

Love what's going on here @ian! I did manage to find a little problem
Problem: Converting items from strongroom to inventory.
Link: http://egg-cave.us/inventory
Link2: http://egg-cave.us/strongroom/items
What happened:
It did give me the pop-up while converting full pages but when I clicked into my inventory, I had 71 items instead of 50.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 4 February 2017 at 12:29 PM

@asbe
Nope, Meritons only evolve in December no matter their level or amount of views. Hope that clears things up for you. 😊

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 4 February 2017 at 12:33 PM

@sodabearjess

In v2 my Meriton girl evolved to Stage 3 on 1.02.2017.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 4 February 2017 at 12:37 PM

@asbe

I wonder if that is some sort of delay due to V2 being a copy of the actually server. They are only supposed to evolve in December according to the archives.

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 4 February 2017 at 12:40 PM

@sodabearjess

I just speak from experience.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 4 February 2017 at 3:04 PM

Thank you everybody who has tested stuff in the Cash Shop Park over the last couple of days.

An update on evolutions: I apologize for the initial large delays that many testers experienced when purchasing stats boosts upon the initial announcement. Long story short… we (and I) ended up overloading the server with evolution requests that, under normal circumstances would never happen IRL. By me setting all creatures on the test server to 0 stats, I effectively “devolved” all creatures and the server had about 331,000 “devolve” requests to process when you guys began re-evolving, thus the huge delay with evolves.

Now, if you try evolving, while it still is minimally time-delayed, it should be instantaneous feeling. Meritons only evolve in the month of December, so that’s technically not a bug. Frozen creatures (Essence of Litsndats) will not evolve because they are frozen, even when using a stats boost item from the Cash Shop Park.

If you guys didn’t already see, I updated the change log yesterday and reinstated evolution notifications and daily stats boost notifications for star creatures. They had went missing and I’ve re-added them. ❤️

@vanley @polaroid: omg thank you for finding this item duping issue with the “Move All” button in Strongrooms. Working on a fix for this shortly.

@lailaluckyseal87: sure — send false reports by all means while testing. 😊 Haha. We do need to test this too. You won’t be penalized when on the test server.

@minnie298a: the duped stats boosts for star creatures was due to me testing stats boosts midday. Not a bug. 😊

@xxestherxx: thanks for catching this about not being able to send a non-friend an item. We missed this. I’m working on putting this back in.

@poptarts: thanks for your comments. You can still cancel auctions early by clicking “Cancel Auction” (upper right corner) when there are no bids. That feature has not went missing.

@cloudslay3r: if you’re having a “verify CSFR token” error like you did, this may mean that the page didn’t load all the way before you attempted logging in. I’m glad that you got it working, though. 😊

@lunar: on version 3, abandoned creatures now remain in your Cove until they are physically adopted by somebody else in the Adoption Center. They continue to occupy a cove space until they are adopted. It's a big change with v3. Thank you for reporting the other errors.

@nightmaremoon12: snowflake next to your creature images indicates that they are frozen in your Cove (Essence of Litsndats). It’s a visual indicator.

@bang14982: thanks for catching this error with the Resurrection Stone. Your cove space limits should apply there. Working on a fix!

Deleted • 4 February 2017 at 3:22 PM

URL: http://egg-cave.us/forums/topic/63230

What failed: Posting

It said I was double posting, though I didn't even post on it before. Is this a bug?

Another bug! 😱

URL: http://egg-cave.us/cdwc/rules

What failed: CDWC

I went into the CDWC, and realized that I could write a description. So I did. But then I looked in the rules and remembered that you needed to have a post count of 100. I only had a post count of 2! It said:

To enter, you must have at least 100 quality posts at our Forums. You meet this requirement, so you're all set!

So... yeah. Ehhh this is kind of weird...

Female
9 posts

yellow_egg • 4 February 2017 at 4:17 PM

I tested the potion of rebirth on several creatures and it worked every time.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 4 February 2017 at 4:33 PM

@Ian hey!!

i bought some stars from my creatures with the cc you gave and when i tried changing the colour it asked me to buy a star even though it already had one.

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 4 February 2017 at 5:20 PM

@Ian
Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/forums/topic/63232
What I was trying to do: Post a message
What failed: Said 'Please do not double post. Instead, click "Edit" on your previous post to add this new content.' even though I have never posted on this topic before.

Female
916 posts

evilyowling • 4 February 2017 at 8:52 PM

@ian

I just tested using a really big words on profile comments and on the forums (Title and content of post).

It looks like they stretch past the borders ): On the forum livepulse it pushes the post count and categories past the border as well.

Also, in long statuses words can be cut off when entering the next line.

Effected URL:
http://egg-cave.us/@evilyowling
http://egg-cave.us/forums/topic/63236
http://egg-cave.us/forums

I'm currently using firefox 😊

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 4 February 2017 at 8:56 PM

^word-break/word-wrap issue... *sneaks out again*

I can't be in this thread. It makes me go into work mode.

Female
166 posts

silverlite • 5 February 2017 at 8:55 PM

I like the way the new cove is set-up, and the way you can put creatures and items on the auctions 😊