Version 3 Beta Testing: Official Topic

in General

Deleted • 14 February 2017 at 7:32 PM

@Ian

This update is really great!! 😃 😃

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 14 February 2017 at 8:43 PM

I do like the fact that the sidebar makes it easier to navigate, but I also like how open and clean the new layout looks. I know people are saying they like the white space smaller, but I personally like it filling up most of the page.

But as far as the sidebar, I like it, makes it easier to navigate.

Male
660 posts

brad • 14 February 2017 at 9:34 PM

Reading some of these comments, it seems like a lot of you guys are trying to change it back to v2. 😋

@Ian
Looks good! I think it definitely could be a good thing. (I'm just hoping that the colors aren't final? 😉)
But I didn't think not having it was that bad. I feel like it was just a little bit of the whole fearing change thing?

I've spent quite a bit of time in v3 while playing around with different things while making some edits. And for sure, you definitely get used to it. I've got to the point where I like it a lot.

I have my main edit that has a lot changed, which I think looks pretty good.
But you don't need all that to make it look so much better, in my opinion.
I made another edit where I did barely anything to it. Just lowering the width a little bit (To about 1000px), and making the nav bar fixed helps it out so much.

The nav bar being fixed nearly eliminates the whole scrolling issue. You don't have to scroll all the way back up the longer pages to go somewhere else.

I seriously feel like just doing these couple things makes it 100x better.
1. Narrow the page. (Maybe about 1000px)
2. Make the navbar position fixed.
3. Lower the line-height. (From your 1.93 to about 1.3 or 1.4)

I'm serious. Just those few changes makes it so much better.
If you wanted to lower the padding and text size, it might do a bit more. It's not even necessary though. Just the first couple make such a big difference.

I feel like I'm only saying bad things about it. I don't want you to think I don't like it. 😋
I really do like it. There are so many things better about v3 than v2. I can't wait until the official switch.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 February 2017 at 9:48 PM

@Ian - very nice !!

Female
44 posts

falconair • 14 February 2017 at 10:03 PM

@Ian

The new layout looks much, much better! Thank you!

Female
32 posts

royal_heart • 15 February 2017 at 12:20 AM

@Ian

I really like version 3 so far but it's kind of confusing though...

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 15 February 2017 at 1:53 AM

@Ian
Niceee ;D And even a mobile one *O*

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 15 February 2017 at 3:52 AM

@Ian Definitely prefer the updated layout.

Female
12 posts

parona • 15 February 2017 at 8:16 AM

@Ian It looks great!

Female
1,179 posts

ahgirltc • 15 February 2017 at 9:10 AM

@Ian

It looks a lot better!

Female
313 posts

playdate • 15 February 2017 at 9:25 AM

I like it but if only it had less scrolling on the mobile version

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 15 February 2017 at 10:48 PM

@Ian

the sidebar appears on the main http://egg-cave.us/ page and it has all of our stats (EC, CC, Items etc.) but the name still says Ian xD. i click it and it goes to my profile, it's all functional, it just has your name on it still.

Female
28 posts

prettykitty13 • 16 February 2017 at 3:15 PM

@Ian

Looking fabulous 😃

Female
23 posts

firebreath5432 • 19 February 2017 at 12:39 AM

In Tims food shoppe once I clicked select all nothing happened then when I clicked it again all the creatures said they were selected even though the box was not checked and it would not let me pay for the food even though it said they were all selected.
Also why did all my creatures reset even though most of my creatures were full grown all of them are eggs again. All of my creatures don't even have all their views and clicks anymore.

Female
32 posts

royal_heart • 20 February 2017 at 12:36 AM

@IWhen is the version 3 format officially gonna start?😊

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 20 February 2017 at 7:25 AM

@Ian

I was just wondering if you could add a search bar at the item collection page of the creatures?

I was just looking through my item collection and I just wanted to find all the lovey heart toys, but needed to search through all the 190 toys my creature has used, and I think it's time-consuming and irritating :v

And, I just want to confirm whether there's a select all mortals button at Tim's.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 20 February 2017 at 6:23 PM

Hey guys!

Thanks again for your continued feedback. Right now, I'm putting my head down to try and get everything on version 3 over to the new, new design (2nd iteration). It's looking something like this and is TOTESAMAZES on mobile.

https://cl.ly/jEkY

^peak here.

I'm still reading feedback, even though I haven't done a direct response in a little while. Stay tuned! ❤️

Also... rumor has it that version 3 might be getting EMOJI SUPPORT. *shifty eyes* We'll see.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 20 February 2017 at 6:32 PM

@Ian SHWEET. Are we getting a closer approximation for release date?

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 20 February 2017 at 6:42 PM

@Ian
Looks awesome!
Looking forward to it.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 23 February 2017 at 9:54 AM

@Ian check my idea for quests in site feedback page the disscusion is named quests.as allways im full of ideas

69 posts

amysnow • 26 February 2017 at 1:32 AM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/egg/1943779
What I was trying to do: Buff view
What failed: It doesn't evole. Meriton need 1500 view to go to last stage, I had buff her 11k view but she still an egg.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 26 February 2017 at 2:24 AM

@amysnow If you read the Meriton description, it says that the Meriton only evolves in December.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 26 February 2017 at 3:02 AM

Error: http://egg-cave.us/friends?page=1
What's wrong: Friends list isn't alphabetically ordered.

Male
660 posts

brad • 26 February 2017 at 8:50 PM

Just curious, is there possibly going to be any work on a new livepulse type thing?
Would love to be able to sort out certain forums and such. If I'm not wanting to see roleplay and forum games, be able to sort them out from all other forums.
When there's a new post, get a "(1)" or something similar up in the tab title.
Maybe some other things, but that's just a couple ideas I had.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 27 February 2017 at 1:12 PM

@Ian i have an idea where the quest place shall be located it shall be in ark city map in the buiilding with the wizard hat on it.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 2 March 2017 at 5:57 PM

Thanks guys! We are getting VERY CLOSE to releasing the next design iteration for version 3.

STAY TUNED!

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 2 March 2017 at 6:28 PM

I'm so excited for the new design~!

And... I have some feedback. 😊

1) I can't find a link to the Adoption Center. I know you can get to it from Ark City, but I'm surprised there isn't a link up.

2) On the Click Exchange, could the icons for feeds preferred vs. clicks only vs. all stats be different colors? I know they're labeled, but when you're clicking fast, it's easier to know what to do if there's a color so you don't feed or forget to feed or something, kind of like how the current icons have different colors.

3) Would it be possible to make there be a "dark mode" option? Some websites have the option to make a dark background, which is easier on the eyes at night and saves electricity.

4) When abandoning a creature, I think the image of the creature should show up.

5) Could it be possible to introduce an option to buy more cove lists? I know we can buy more spots, but having additional lists would be helpful to some users.

Hope this helps! 😊

Thoughts on these ideas, anyone?

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 March 2017 at 7:06 PM

@lykhaos117 i think all of your ideas are great! Just, renaming creatures can be found in your Cove, now. Other than that, great thinking!

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 2 March 2017 at 7:54 PM

@jellifysh

Thank you so much! ❤️ I'm glad you like my ideas.

I don't remember mentioning renaming though. I think I was talking about the Adoption Center where you can adopt abandoned creatures. The new site doesn't have a link for it in the tabs, but it can currently be found under the Explore tab. 😊

Female
258 posts

spectaclenest • 2 March 2017 at 8:10 PM

if this is the place for feedback i would really like to ask for strong room searches including an option to view all our items from one shop at a time. i never use the drop down menu that has been added in V3 and can't think of a situation where i would want to sort by any of the methods listed. if these were replaced by the eight shops it would make my life on egg cave so much easier it's amaaaazing thank you!