Version 3 Beta Testing: Official Topic

in General

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 17 January 2017 at 9:06 AM

Cannot log in, either. I'm beta tester since 5.01.

In a case it may help - "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fn' of undefined".

I use Chrome.

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 17 January 2017 at 9:06 AM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/login
What I was trying to do: Log In
What went wrong: Failed to Log In, said: "These credentials do not match our records.
Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/password/reset
What I was trying to do: recover my password
What went wrong: Received message stating "We can't find a user with that e-mail address."

Female
443 posts

say • 17 January 2017 at 9:46 AM

@Ian

Can't log in too

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 17 January 2017 at 11:06 AM

Hey everybody!

The version 3 test server is temporarily offline as I'm attempting to fix these issues. Sorry for locking everybody out. It'll be back later this afternoon and we shall continue.

Thanks much! ❤️

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 17 January 2017 at 4:05 PM

@Ian
Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/cashshop/rebirth
What I was trying to do: See what I can rebirth with a potion of rebirth even though I only have 100 CC.
What failed: All of the creatures I have on-hand right now are eligible for rebirth.

I'm guessing that you copied the data from this version to that version, because my creatures are now up-to-date, and so is my CC, EC, inventory, and strongroom except for the EC I had stored in there.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 17 January 2017 at 4:23 PM

When searching the forums on the test server the results/posts appear, but the topic they were posted in doesn't.

Would it be possible for us to get creature headshots back? Also, could forum templates be a thing, or would that be too much? Just like how the staff has a yellow/gold temp on V2 in the forums to distinguish themselves, we could have various designs (similar to travels, but not travels) that could be brought from a special shop and the CSP. I think something of this nature would give the forums a bit more life. ❤️

Transmasculine
449 posts

shrimp • 17 January 2017 at 4:30 PM

Edit: never mind

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 17 January 2017 at 4:53 PM

@Ian

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/strongroom/items
What I was trying to do: Test limits of how much I could move into my inventory
What failed: I was able to move as much as I wanted over, ignoring the inventory limit of 50 rule

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/auctions/1/show
What I was trying to do: Bid in non-numerical signs to see what would happen
What failed: Unattractive error page result

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 17 January 2017 at 5:05 PM

Update: The test server is back online. Thank you for your patience. Please see the change log on the live server to see today’s changes… including the clock being moved!

KNOWN ISSUE ADDED: There are spacing issues when selecting items from your Inventory in various places around the site, most notably in auctions and trades. I’m working on fixing these layout issues. Please do not report this.

@asi: I just sent a mail to myself with the letter “k” in the content area. It didn’t get flagged for bad words. Is this exactly what you typed? What text field on the page was marked in red for bad words? Please be specific.

Also, what other areas besides Preferences do not have alphabetized egg names in select menus? Please advise.

What exact “string value” did you enter in the text box when bidding in an auction? I need the exact value to test.

Now displaying up to 18 characters of your username in the navbar instead of “You.” Thanks for your feedback overall.

@peachycupcake525: I see. Does the Rebirth fail when clicking “Rebirth” on a creature without sufficient CC balance? It should fail. Please confirm and ping back.

@jellifysh: on what part of the page did you see 89 new friend requests when you were signed out? Was this the little notification pop up in the corner?

@kittygirl2031: can you provide me more details about what you were doing with the Rebirth Potion? Did you attempt to click on or “rebirth” a creature? Did the page just re-load? Can you provide more details? I’m not able to replicate exactly what happened.

@foreigners: can you describe to me what order they are in? For reference, here is what I’m seeing. Leaderboards numbers are now horizontal format:

https://cl.ly/imrZ

@mastergemma: forum issues you have reported have been fixed. Thank you!

@saphira1oo: fixed the issue when seeing the Cove List on your profile. Can you verify and double-check that it’s working again?

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 17 January 2017 at 5:07 PM

@Ian Yes, nothing happens. They all are still in my cove as well.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 17 January 2017 at 5:08 PM

@peachycupcake525 thanks. I'll look into it. ❤️

UPDATE: Added the error. It now displays when you click "Rebirth" and don't have the CC.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 17 January 2017 at 5:18 PM

@Ian
@mastergemma
@jazzyleia
@orderedchaos
@meteoroid
@april__

Adding onto my other list XD
😊 Positives 😊
3. Transferring items to strongroom 😃
When I'm in a rush to buy a item and I have a full inventory, it sure is hard to transfer those items one by one... But now that new feature has changed that and I really love its convenience ;D
4. Transferring back to inventory 😊
This is sooo easy as well! 😱 In a click of a button your item is immedeatly transferred, compared to V2, where you have to click, scroll, and renumber 😊
5. If online, user turns green 😸
Sooo easy to spot if another user is online now *O* The blue guy here is a little, well, little and hard to see, but with this new feature it's so much easier 😊
6. Cove lists *O*
What can I say? 😱 I love the new cove list organising! 😃 It's sooo easy 😊 I love the bar when you type, creatures come up and you can easily select from the list, rather than V2, where only the names pop up, and the names are close together and there's a slight chance you'll pick the wrong one...
7. Notifications 😃
I love those new notifications! 😃 They look so nice, plus, it doesn't get in your way when you're like, for instance, buying a item or feeding your creatures 😊 Plus that x button is genius, sometimes, here on Version 2, no matter how many times I click away a notification, it stays there o.o
8. Leaderboard layout ;D
Sooo easy to read and such a cool design 😃 I love the new leaderboard 😊 Easier to read than scrolling through on Version 2 😃
9. Click Exchange 😃
Looks awesome! 😃 It's easier to quickly click and I love the modern look on it 😊
10. Cute Lil' Clock 😸
I love that when you click on the clock, it goes like "Tick tock", "poke", "pokes back" ect. 😊 It's just fun when you have nothing else to do 😃 It's sooo fun thanks for this new feature ;D
11. The bar with the cove health 😋
Really easy to see if you need to feed anytime soon XD Also, easy for users who just got on for the first time in ages to see if their creatures are fine or not 😊 I think that this would be very useful for me in the future 😃
12. Searching stuff 😊
I really hate changing 'User' to 'Creature' when I search stuff here on Version 2, but it won't matter on Version 3 since it comes out with creatures or users?! INSANE! 😃 I love love love love love love it as I search up stuff all the time X3 I also love the cool design of the pop up search bar 😃
13. he animations when you feed a creature 😊
Just fun 😃 I like it 😊
14. Auctions 😱
YOU CAN AUCTION OFF ITEMS AND CREATURES TOO OMG THIS IS INSANELY AWESOMEEEEEEEE XD

☹️ Negatives ☹️
8. I take back some of my negatives and I've run out of 'em XD

Overall, I really like Version 3 now XD Maybe I just explored more? I dunno 😋 But nice work ;D

Female
5 posts

mglamar • 17 January 2017 at 5:25 PM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/preferences
What I was trying to do: Pick my country
What failed: There are doubles of every country listed in the drop-down menu. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but its tedious to get through.

Transmasculine
449 posts

shrimp • 17 January 2017 at 5:25 PM

@Ian
Now it's better, but it's still out of order - just scattered throughout the leaderboards, in no particular order.
ex: (going by daily stats)
#1 - 676,676

#2 - 987,671

#3 - 971,616

Female
5 posts

mglamar • 17 January 2017 at 5:33 PM

This isn't one specific thing. Not really. I was traversing the forums when I realized that clicking on the forum title sends me to the back of the topic rather than the front.

Again, I can't be sure if some of these things are intended, but I appreciate being able to reading the original post without having to click back to it.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 17 January 2017 at 5:59 PM

@Ian Correct, I believe.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 17 January 2017 at 6:16 PM

@Ian

Sorry, I'm not sure now about the K thing. I did several tests trying to send long strings of gibberish to try and test the mail message character limit, but I kept getting the bad word notification instead. There's no way I could check to see if there were accidentally trigger words in the text (I used a bit of Lorem Ipsum), and with the K test, I suppose it's conceivable I mashed the keyboard?
It was the main text box of creating a mail message that got flagged for bad text, but unlike the (yeep) system we have currently, it just gives a sending failure notification, so it's hard to know what went wrong...

Sending items to friends, the list of friends is out of order- you're at the top and cloud-n-bolts is at the bottom:
http://egg-cave.us/inventory/1275807/show

I just noticed underscore (_) -named pets now come first in the alphabetical order rather than last, I see. Everywhere else looks good to me now (:

I tried entering hashtags (#), percentages (%), dollar signs ($)... These kinds of signs all result in an "InvalidArgumentException" coding page, if proper numbers are also entered into the bidding box that would result in a legitimate bid, e.g. a bid of "3020%" on:
http://egg-cave.us/auctions/2/show

Thanks! The username display is a great function- especially I imagine for those users who may switch between side accounts when everything goes live (:

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 17 January 2017 at 6:42 PM

@Ian I noticed a few things. Like I said, there is no limit on how long a blog post is (it just shows '(number of characters)/ ' So, you might want to reinforce this limit.

I noticed you got rid of the livepulse. Why is that? Is it harder to continue to V3?

And we are also not restricted to posting consecutive forum posts. Is this intentional?

It would also help to show the number of trades AND auctions from the Profile screen. Just me being OCD, as every other stat has a solid number.

EDIT: I saw that the "Random Creature" button was removed as of January 10th. What if there was a feature on your creature's profile that protected it from the Random Creature button? I feel it would be neat, but it would also have to consider the wants of everyone. The Random Creature button was, to me, an amazing new feature on V3. Without it, it doesn't really have that great of a shine in my eyes...

(just me getting emotional)

(Sorry)

475 posts

spell • 17 January 2017 at 6:45 PM

Love the snowflakes representing frozen x3

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 17 January 2017 at 6:52 PM

@Ian
Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/cdwc
What I was trying to do: Check out the CDWC
What failed: "There are not any creatures in the CDWC at the moment.
Check back soon!"

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/@asi
What I was trying to do: Post a comment saying "hello!"
What failed: This has been flagged for bad words and could not be submitted

Also, a ?. On the links for my profile, that link to my Wishlist, and 15 newest trades and stuff, they always link back to v2. Will the links i type in be switched to v3 or will i have to switch them to v3?

Female
452 posts

animegirlalways • 17 January 2017 at 7:54 PM

I love that we can now number our cove lists by what order we want them to appear in on our profile. 😃 ❤️

I've noticed in My Creatures that creatures such as Dragfer are showing what is needed for them to evolve even though The Archives show the stats needed to evolve and the evolved forms as a mystery.

Also, I don't see preference options for Mail (receive from all, friends only, none) or Friend Requests (enabled, disabled). Are those going to added to Version 3?

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 17 January 2017 at 7:59 PM

@jellifysh

The Livepulse is to the right in the main Forum page. I guess it's just not called the Livepulse anywhere anymore... CX

@spell

What's this? (Point it out to me?) *U*

@Ian

In creating new trade lots or auctions, pets already in trade lots or auctions still show up in the option box- they can't be made into new lots, as you get the "locked in pending transaction" message, but ideally they shouldn't show up at all, I think.

Also, on auctions, the necessary bid increment doesn't show on the bidding page.

If anyone is willing to test bidding on my lot:
http://egg-cave.us/auctions/6/show
I entered in a ridiculously high increment of "10000000000" or something, which I'd like to test...

475 posts

spell • 17 January 2017 at 8:01 PM

@asi
When you go to the CSP ==> Potion of Rebirth, they tell you whether a creature is frozen or not with a little snowflake 😸

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 17 January 2017 at 8:32 PM

@ian
Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/inventory
What I was trying to do: See how many items I could move before it stopped me
What failed: It didn't stop, I now have a huge inventory amount XD

Female
2,560 posts

dragrawr • 17 January 2017 at 8:44 PM

@stagfire @Ian @spell

TO me- I have seen pictures and what not and I'm NOT impressed with the new site-

It makes me mad that we have to change this community!!! T^T

Will all of our adopts get deleted and we have to make a new account?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 17 January 2017 at 8:47 PM

@dragrawr
You will not need to create a new account. This is just like the switch from version 1 to 2 (current version). The look will change and there will be new features but you will not lose anything that you currently have (creatures, items, ect.).

Female
2,560 posts

dragrawr • 17 January 2017 at 8:49 PM

@orderedchaos

and all of the shops are still there? I just wanna see it so bad-- all of it!

And trading is available still?

Friending and mail?

Reporting?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 17 January 2017 at 8:51 PM

@dragrawr
All features that are currently available on Egg Cave will still be there. The new version will still be Egg Cave, just with a new look and new code.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 17 January 2017 at 8:52 PM

@Orderedchaos will beta testers have to get new accounts?

Female
2,560 posts

dragrawr • 17 January 2017 at 8:53 PM

@orderedchaos so no changes to the cave? I'm so sad eggcave has to change- I wont be the same without version 2! ><

@jellifysh no