Female
35 posts

holted76 • 20 January 2017 at 1:55 PM

http://egg-cave.us
I tried to login in and got socket error 111 connection refused

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 20 January 2017 at 2:16 PM

UPDATE: Sorry for the socket troubles. All socket-related issues have been fixed.

It appears that all of the reported errors over the last day or so were socket-related. Working on improving the reliability of this, so that it doesn't fail.

QUESTION FOR OUR TESTERS

Hey testers, would you mind giving me some feedback to the following questions? Please post your responses below in this forum topic.

How would you feel if we split your Cove (http://egg-cave.us/cove -- not on Profiles) into multiple pages to improve page load times for bigger Coves? This means that you'd see numbers at the top and bottom of the pages (i.e. "<First 1 2 3 4 Last>"). Yes/No?

People with upwards of 200+ creatures are reporting very slow page loads on this page, for obvious reasons -- there are so many images and text!

Let us know! ❤️ Thanks all! Happy weekend. Change log has been updated throughout the day.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 20 January 2017 at 5:10 PM

@Ian No thanks! I like scrolling through and seeing my entire cove rather than having to click multiple pages.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 20 January 2017 at 5:11 PM

@Ian

eep, i dont think i will like this idea. I also might not like how the creature images load, could the loading transition (green circle) possibly be taken away? I would prefer to keep my cove on one page 😊

322 posts

chihiro_sang • 20 January 2017 at 5:11 PM

I agree with bunnyshadow, I prefer them on one page.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 20 January 2017 at 5:13 PM

@Ian I'm kinda separated on it. I like it, but I feel that I would start using the Filters a lot more. So yes, I like the pages idea.

But, can you add more filters? Like A-Z in terms of Species? Or Star creatures? That would help a lot. I feel those filters would be neat if we were to make it separated pages.

Thanks!

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 20 January 2017 at 5:13 PM

Page URL of error: http://egg-cave.us/cashshop

What I was trying to do: Buy a CSP
What failed: No CSP creatures.

Female
218 posts

sek • 20 January 2017 at 5:13 PM

@Ian

Me neither i find going through pages more exhausting and makes it too me more time consuming.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 20 January 2017 at 5:14 PM

@Ian
As much as I love infinite scrolling, I wouldn't mind having this as I see it being very beneficial. You have a yes from me.

I also find it easy to miss creatures when visiting very large coves with infinite scrolling.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 20 January 2017 at 5:14 PM

@Ian
I do get loading problems with the pictures, but I like the scrolling better. Maybe you could add it for those who have over 400 creatures, since then the scrolling takes too long.

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 20 January 2017 at 5:15 PM

@Ian, I actually don't mind that at all as long as sorting options are easy to navigate (i.e. being able to both select stage and happiness, if that makes sense at all)

Female
170 posts

nboez • 20 January 2017 at 5:16 PM

@Ian

no thank you, it is easier seeing the entire cove

This is just a suggestion, but say i'm in the inventory, i want to give my friend lots of gifts, but it is hard to send them 1 by 1. Could we add a select button to select various objects, and a scroll such as:

With selected:
move to strongroom
send to a friend
donate item(s)
use item(s)

That would be of great help,
Thank You

Deleted • 20 January 2017 at 5:17 PM

@Ian I think it would be quite a good idea to have multiple pages because it takes a long time to load and also to scroll down through all your creatures.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 20 January 2017 at 5:18 PM

I'm going to have to say I agree with everyone else. It'd be easier with one page. I can understand the frustration of the loading but a user would still have to wait for the next page to load. Personally I think it'd be more effective and handy for all of the creatures to stay together.

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 20 January 2017 at 5:18 PM

@Ian um... Kinda split on it. I like having them in 1 page, but it IS really slow. So I suppose I wouldn't mind the multiple pages because I could use filters too 😊

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 20 January 2017 at 5:19 PM

@Ian

I'm in favor only for coves with 200 creatures or more

Female
2,206 posts

thedarkarcher • 20 January 2017 at 5:19 PM

@Ian i think i like this idea slow loading pages annoy me a lot so a way to prevent this is great. maybe it could be an option for people instead of a 100% thing if thats possible 😋

Deleted • 20 January 2017 at 5:21 PM

@ian
Pages sound really good. I love anything that is lag reducing. There is always the problem with mass clicking an entire coce that you might miss one or two creatures. Even with feeding my own cove, I miss creatures and I have almost 300.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 20 January 2017 at 5:21 PM

@Ian, How would this affect our cove lists? Would they remain on page 1? I believe I like the infinite scrolling instead of multiple pages. Not sure that visitors would even bother scrolling through all of our pages to feed. Maybe that would be a question to ask.

Personally, I think our V2 profiles are beautiful and I hate to see them change. There's just too much white with all the big boxes.

No would be my answer at this time. I am flexible and will get used to whatever happens 😱

PS. I have a leaf of vaka, should my cove be at 100% at all times, not 99%?

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 20 January 2017 at 5:22 PM

@cloud-n-bolts
+1

Yeah user options always add to user experience rather than prefixed into something that can't be personally adjusted

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 20 January 2017 at 5:23 PM

@Ian
As someone with a giant cove, that I have never gotten to fully load on the cove page, yes please, give me pages.

Would it be possible to have this as a toggleable setting? Perhaps in profile settings.

Female
2,206 posts

thedarkarcher • 20 January 2017 at 5:24 PM

@veritaspunk yeah thanks for the support ❤️ hope our views will be considered at least 😋

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 20 January 2017 at 5:26 PM

@Ian
While it seems to be an uncommon opinion, I'm in favor of having multiple pages! My cove is huge, and it takes a long time for all of the images to load, so pages would be great.

105 posts

maleficent • 20 January 2017 at 5:30 PM

I'm kind of mixed about this as my primary use is computer so prefer to have my cove load on one page. Also could see the benefit to those on phones, tablets, etc.

I have no issues with my cove loading on V2 fast but as I said I'm on a computer mostly. It is awful on V3 why I don't really go on it.

Female
170 posts

nboez • 20 January 2017 at 5:31 PM

@Ian

It really depends if you have a large cove or not

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 20 January 2017 at 5:31 PM

@ian

I have many creatures with 3 coves and I like seeing them all on one page. I don't mind scrolling. The pages Idea would take me forever to feed coves and slowness is annoying but one page only please. I have more than 500 creatures in one cove, I like seeing them all there on one page and not have to hunt around for a specific pet. 😸

7 posts

silentwolf • 20 January 2017 at 5:32 PM

@ian

I think this would be a good idea. I don't have a very large cove right now, but I am slowly but surely expanding so I'm sure it will be useful in the long run.
I personally am not a fan of pages that take a long time to load because there's so many images/data/etc. to load. When this sort of issue crops up, I tend to get impatient which means I'm less likely to click everything.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 20 January 2017 at 5:32 PM

I agree with @Orderedchaos's idea. Possibility to pick the settings that suit the user best would be nice.

Personally I have no strong feelings for one way or the other, but pages are probably very useful on a huge cove to reduce page load.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 20 January 2017 at 5:34 PM

Actually went to visit my profile @Ian since the 'break down' and am really starting to enjoy my profile LoL See, it grows on me each day. I, really do like scrolling through my creatures on one page. I guess I do not have loading issues most of the time with my laptop.

I do not use a phone or tablet .. I use my laptop and i have no issues except during some of the Holiday events, but just occasional lag. So my answer is going to remain No on the question.

THANK YOU for all your hard work!