|~ Holiday Giveaway 2016 ~| COMPLETED

in User Contests & Giveaways

Deleted • 20 December 2016 at 9:57 PM

@mairbear thanks, my favorite is carol of the bells!

98 posts

flarrow • 20 December 2016 at 10:28 PM

@mairbear may i enter? .u. i really love something bout december by christina perri .u. it really makes me feel grateful for my family and friends and she's just so talented! .u. i'd love no.42 please!! .u.

and omg klaine is just yas ❀️so cute

Female
2,920 posts

mairbear • 20 December 2016 at 10:51 PM

@chicachicken

Erm you gotta pick a number πŸ˜‹

Deleted • 20 December 2016 at 10:55 PM

@mairbear that is right! Silly me, I will pick #50 and my favorite song is carol of the bells.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 20 December 2016 at 11:11 PM

@mairbear

Hi Mair, can I enter? #20 please
My song is probably..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuOkqk6clM

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 20 December 2016 at 11:31 PM

@mairbear
#38!

Jingle Bell Rock! I like it since it's so catchy! And it really brings swag and keep your spirits high for the Christmas season!!!

Female
469 posts

anniee • 20 December 2016 at 11:44 PM

@mairbear My favourite Christmas song is Santa Baby covered by Megan Nicole. The video is adorable as well. (:

If it's okay, can I have #22 or a random number please? Thanks!

Deleted • 21 December 2016 at 12:13 AM

@mairbear
Hi! This is so kind of you! Can I plz join? I don't celebrate Christmas so one of my favourite songs is Closer. I like it cause its catchy and its just good music. πŸ˜‹ About the # thingie, does it really matter which number we r?

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 21 December 2016 at 12:37 AM

@mairbear

I have a couple of favorite Christmas Songs, though I guess the one that has a bit of sentimental value (I think that's what it can be considered?) is Feliz Navidad, I hear this every Christmas. I remember when I was a kid and I was in the car with my mother and her friend and they'd all be head banging to the song while singing it as loud as they can. I also remember hearing this in the car with my mother and father and I remember them embarrassing me as they began dancing in the car at a red light. Then another time I remember my mom dancing to the song in the middle of the aisle at the store though she did that with a lot of songs. XD I do have other memorable songs that they would act weird to but this is the only Christmas song they'd do strange stuff over aside from my mom fake crying to silver bells and silent night lol. Though Feliz is my favorite non the less. 😸

Number 83?

Female
35 posts

holted76 • 21 December 2016 at 12:40 AM

66 with "Baby, its cold outside" written by Frank Loesser

Female
12 posts

thewinterleopard • 21 December 2016 at 12:45 AM

@mairbear
Can I have #23 since that's my birthday 😊
I really like the way penatonix sang Mary did you know! The acapella version they do just sounds beautiful the way they all harmonize together!

278 posts

birdboysplace • 21 December 2016 at 12:56 AM

@mairbear

I would like #18 - my birthday - if its avail. If not, a random number would be fine.

This is a Christmas song that I actually listen to when its not the holidays.. 😊

It's a great song and a sentimental one. Just hearing Elvis singing this song with his beautiful voice says it all. It's on YouTube if you wanna take a listen.

Have a wonderful Christmas MairBear!!

"Bird"
======

"If Every Day Was Like Christmas"

I hear the bells
Saying christmas is near
They ring out to tell the world
That this is the season of cheer

I hear a choir
Singing sweetly somewhere
And a glow fills my heart
I'm at peace with the world
As the sound of their singing fills the air

Oh why can't every day be like christmas
Why can't that feeling go on endlessly
For if everyday could be just like christmas
What a wonderful world this would be

I hear a child
Telling santa what to bring
And the smile upon his tiny face
Is worth more to me than anything

Female
2,920 posts

mairbear • 21 December 2016 at 11:29 AM

All entered up to here ~

@rainbowfantasy @poptarts

You can't really enter for specific things and the number you choose doesn't mean anything until after the raffle happens.

I explained how it works at the end of the prizes section but essentially, everyone that enters the raffle gets ordered randomly. And then they get a prize depending on where they end up in the generated list. So for example, the first person would get the Byte, the 6th person would get 100cc. Hope that clarifies it a little.

Also @rainbowfantasy, I just gave you #2, lemme know if you want to change it.

@holted76

Sorry 66 is taken, could you pick another?

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 21 December 2016 at 12:00 PM

@mairbear

Ah yes it does. X3 Sorry for the misunderstanding. 😸

Female
2,920 posts

mairbear • 21 December 2016 at 12:01 PM

@poptarts

No worries ^^

Female
2,415 posts

ida92 • 21 December 2016 at 12:35 PM

@mairbear may I have #9, please? 😊 One of my favourite songs is Let it Snow by Dean Martin. Every time I hear it I see myself snuggled up in a warm blanket, drinking a cup of hot chocolate in a nice, cozy armchair. 😊

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 21 December 2016 at 1:10 PM

@mairbear

#90 please

my favourite christmas song is Jingle Bell Rock by Hilary Duff and the main reason for that is much similar to many others - I sung it with my class during my last christmas at Junior School and the reason its so significant compared to all the other years - is because it was the last one, after that i went through some pretty rough times and so the song to me symbolises the calm before the storm

Deleted • 21 December 2016 at 1:36 PM

@mairbear

#74?? 😸
My favorite song is "Jingle Bell Rock" XD I really love energetic and fun songs, and for me, This song just adds to the happy mood I have on Christmas with my family. ❀️ Also, it gives me more energy overall. πŸ˜ƒ I just really love it/ X3

Female
35 posts

holted76 • 21 December 2016 at 3:08 PM

@mairbear
80. Any number really

Female
2,920 posts

mairbear • 21 December 2016 at 3:14 PM

~~~ Everyone Added ~~~

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 21 December 2016 at 5:01 PM

Hi! My favorite Christmas song..... I'd have to go with Carol of the Bells - my favorite version/artist is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but I also like Mannheim Steamroller's version.

Could I please enter and have the number 48?

****EDIT: 10:18 PM *facepalms* How could I possibly forget to make a ping? I'm so sorry @mairbear

Also pinging @ifi123

1,853 posts

purgatory • 21 December 2016 at 7:19 PM

@Mairbear

My fav. song is Feliz Navidad because it's so cheery and festival-ee XD

any number would work ^^

Male
128 posts

senpai • 21 December 2016 at 7:41 PM

@mairbear i can join?

my favorite christmas song is "Sing For You" from EXO

it's not about christmas, but it was released at christmas. it means a lot to me because a very special person sang to me on the christmas eve, when i was a little sad, and it made me very happy

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 21 December 2016 at 10:07 PM

@mairbear

Hey~ has anyone said Pentatonix's "That’s Christmas To Me"? *hums*

Ooh, I love Glee and the Klaine pairing too though, they did a lot of nice Christmas songs, and I think that ship got one nearly every year? But I think I'll steer clear of that scary dark pit of a song archive for now, ha... X3

Nice thing you got going her, huh! Mind if I take slot #77? ^W^

Deleted • 22 December 2016 at 1:15 AM

@mairbear
Ok, thx! 😊

Ping - @cguo7

Female
173 posts

soprano • 22 December 2016 at 2:55 AM

@mairbear
Can I join? If so, I would like #60 😊

Geez, I can't choose a Christmas song, I have so much favourites! Also because I listen to too much Pentatonix πŸ˜‹

So if it's classic christmas songs, my favourites are Carol of the Bells and Angels we Have Heard on High. If it's by Pentatonix, my favourites are God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and Coldest Winter.

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 22 December 2016 at 8:16 AM

@mairbear

May I join despite I still don't celebrate Christmas?
I celebrate Winter Solstice instead. It's a day earlier.

The thing is, I was born in a Northern country where pagan traditions are still strong. I remember participating in Solstice gatherings as a kid, and it was so much fun. People dress like animals (wolf and goat, usually), sing songs, play games and dance. And make bonfires, which means all the troubles must be burned away, and now space is made for the good things to come.

So pick any pagan winter song. Wherever it comes from, the meaning of Winter Solstice is very similar among all the cultures. The new Sun is born.
Oh, even Blood Axis - Lord of Ages will do ^^

Number? Well, 33.
Since my very fave 42 is already taken ^^

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 22 December 2016 at 9:53 AM

@mairbear

I celebrated 2 months just a week ago, glad I can enter.

My favorite Christmas song is "Hot Chocolate", featured on the Polar Express. The reason why is because every Christmas Day we would watch the movie. Plus, this year in Jazz Band, we performed "Hot Chocolate" and some other pieces. So, it was pretty neat to actually play along with the movie I grew up on.

Number: 57
Secondary number: 53

Female
2,920 posts

mairbear • 22 December 2016 at 12:04 PM

@asi @soprano

I love Pentatonix! I haven't looked into their christmas music yet though so Imma do that asap 😸 Thanks ^^

@asbe

Of course! Thanks for sharing that info about Winter Solstice. Lord of Ages sounds cool.... not something I usually listen to but I love discovering new things ^^ Do you listen to it around Winter Solstice time or is it part of day-to-day music too?

~~ Everyone Entered ~~

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 22 December 2016 at 12:10 PM

@mairbear

No, I listen to it anytime I want some Neofolk music ^^