Deleting comments.

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 30 July 2017 at 3:23 PM

The ability to check mark all the ones you don't want and delete with ease.

I don't really care for the whole refresh new page and pop up thing every time I want to delete a comment. D;

Your thoughts?

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 30 July 2017 at 3:33 PM

@dream-within-a-dream YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

it was so easier back in v2, and v3 is supposed to be "better" (and it mostly is, but this problem is worse going into v3) so... I love this idea! @meteoroid @mastergemma

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 30 July 2017 at 3:36 PM

@jello Haha, I love your enthusiasm - I could literally see jello wobbling excitedly. XD

- oh dear i must need sleep. maybe it's too early. XD

❤️ But definitely, it should be inputted.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 1 August 2017 at 2:18 PM

@dream-within-a-dream

MODS. DO THIS. I'm gonna rant now.

Deleting comments is VERY hard. Everytime you delete a comment, it refreshes the whole page, making you scroll down. And thats not even the worst! It sends you a popup notifying that the comment has been deleted. PLEASE, put a feature where you can use checkboxes to select the comments. And if for some reason, the user wants to use the feature we have now, there should be a place in account controls where you can toggle the checkboxes on and off. There should also be a feature that clears your whole wall. Why hasn't this been done yet?

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

@Ian notice us ;w;

1,029 posts

rowyn • 1 August 2017 at 3:22 PM

@dream-within-a-dream I support this so many times more than 100%, I don't even have a number for it ;-; My wall is so cluttered, it's driving me insane, but deleting comments is a pain and a hassle and it makes it not worth trying to declutter my wall >.< So I'd definitely be in favor of a change, even if it's just to get rid of the dang popup .__.

Deleted • 1 August 2017 at 3:50 PM

@dream-within-a-dream

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

We need this! I mean, I have such a cluttered wall I don't even know what I've replied too!

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 1 August 2017 at 4:28 PM

mods notice this! by now, it'll take me forever to clear my wall. like, 5 hours. just make a remove all comments button and a checkbox feature...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *puppy dog eyes*

@ammolite
@wigglytuff
@jello

support this noble cause >:0

3,399 posts

bun • 1 August 2017 at 4:33 PM

Please, for the love of all that is good, please implement something like this. Managing comments on v2 was a hundred times easier than it is now.

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 3 August 2017 at 4:40 PM

@_black3333_ @icesparkle22 @neko-sama @town @dream-within-a-dream @jello

Ctrl + click the delete symbol for all comments you want to delete on that page. Refresh and they'll all be gone, no notifications required. Ctrl + w to close all the tabs.

If ctrl + click doesn't work on your computer just right click and choose "open in new tab" and it'll do the same thing 😊

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 3 August 2017 at 8:21 PM

@ian
@Orderedchaos

Please please fix this, the whole page refresh to Comment/Delete posts is AWFUL and its doubly worse with the extra pop up notification that you did said action. It takes forever to comment/clear my wall ;____;

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 4 August 2017 at 3:05 PM

@luv I don't see it working. D; 3 But it was a really helpful tip! ^-^"

@_black3333_ @icesparkle22 @neko-sama @town @jello @momokie

Also yeah, same thing with posting comments. I don't want to keep refreshing and pressing ok just to comment. XD

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 4 August 2017 at 3:07 PM

@mastergemma

jump the bandawagon ;u;

@luv
it doesn't seem to work for me... ;^; almost broke my mouse rofl SCREW U COMPUTER

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 4 August 2017 at 5:23 PM

@dream-within-a-dream @icesparkle22
It may be your browser? It works for me on chrome but that's all I use. And on mobile I have to hold down the comments, if that'll help!

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 4 August 2017 at 5:30 PM

@luv

i use chrome too, but it doesnt work for me ;^;

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 4 August 2017 at 6:06 PM

@dream-within-a-dream hehe something ironic is with all this double click minutia over at Tim's you can cancel the service with one click ... something that should have a confirmation on it ... :/

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 5 August 2017 at 1:08 AM

@veritaspunk haha. >: I don't know haha, still a true supporter of V2! 😃 Though some parts of V3 is pretty sweet, V2 was much easier to manage. v.v"

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 August 2017 at 11:10 AM

@dream-within-a-dream

I stinking want this!!!! >:L
(I was actually thinking of making this topic awhile ago, same idea.)

It is just WAY to hard to delete stuff!!! D:
Especially with the page refreshing and telling you it deleted the comment successfully! 😋

It takes SO So so LONG to delete 2+ pages. T-T
They need to fix it.

I like the idea of check boxes, so you can select what to save easily.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 5 August 2017 at 12:32 PM

@dream-within-a-dream

OMG YES. It was SOOO easy to do back in v2 and now, what is this?? I hold down ctrl and click the trash can for each comment to delete faster, but i can't when i'm on my phone TT-TT

@ian
@mastergemma
@orderedchaos

plz notice us :'o

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 12 August 2017 at 10:47 AM

NO MORE POP UP BOXES!!!
They are ever so annoying.
Deleting comments should not be an event in of itself.