✔️ [Autumn]/[Thanksgiving] Creature Suggestion - Rociole

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 4 September 2017 at 7:42 PM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons, the leaves change colors and it is so much cooler outside! 😃
This season also lets many beautiful creatures come to Eggcave! Some of my personal favorites are the Gobbler, Piki, Plymowl, and Folaurum! This year, I decided to try out a Autumn theme pet. 😸

Here is the Rociole!:
The Rociole is one of the most beautiful Floral-decorated creatures in Ark. Decorated with a stunning Sunflower display, a Rociole's fur has been described to smell like a mix of ginger, oranges, vanilla and a musky floral scent. Rocioles also hardly need to eat a physical food source, as the sunlight and water gathered by their flowers provide them with their nutrients. You can commonly see Rocioles during the Autumn season, as the season is the time where their flowers can help pollinate other sunflowers. If you ever go to a farm in Ark, you will also likely see a Rociole present. This is because many farmers keep a tradition following a myth that Rocioles can bring good fortune in a plentiful harvest. Though this claim has yet to be proven by the SARC, farmers do believe that the creatures have helped them during the harvest season.

Rociole Eggs:
Rociole eggs let out a amazing autumn fragrance of ginger, vanilla, oranges and musky floral plants. These eggs are one or the most commonly owned eggs during Autumn and Thanksgiving, as many Arkians like to have them as house decorations and for their scent.
Unlike other creature eggs, Rociole eggs are more difficult to hatch with human supervision. This is because a Rociole egg's flower must be tended to by another Rociole who has the right pollen to let the flower thrive enough for the creature to hatch. However, despite this, Rociole eggs are possibly the easiest eggs on Ark to care for. All you need to do to keep the creature inside healthy is to keep the egg near a window and set it on a damp towel, which will give the plants their nutrients, which in turn gives the creature nutrients.

Picture:
http://fav.me/dbmewl2

Thank you for reading about the Rociole! 😃 I hope you have enjoyed it and would like to see it on the site! 😸 Please feel free to ping your friends!
Also, for those who are wondering how I came up with the name "Rociole", I took the Italian translations of Raccoon "Procione", and Sunflower "Girasole" and mashed the parts I liked into one.

EDIT: The Rociole (now named Asteran), is now a creature on Eggcave!! 😃 Thank you so much to the users who supported and the artist who drew it 😃

Starting Pings:
@jello
@purgatory
@disney
@dream-within-a-dream

Thanks for viewing! 😸
- @prairie and the Rocioles

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 4 September 2017 at 7:43 PM

@prairie The rocioole sounds great!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 4 September 2017 at 7:51 PM

@Jello
Thanks! 😃 I wanted to do something with Sunflowers for the longest time. 😋

More pings: (Sorry)
@poptarts
@wigglytuff
@liz85

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 4 September 2017 at 8:32 PM

@prairie

Looks amazing. ;o; I really love the 3rd stage of the Rociole. Did you use watercolor pencils or plain markers to color it? The blending is fantastic in my opinion. 😸 If this was real I would most likely own one since the fragrances sound nice. 😸 And I really love the expression on the first stage of the Rociole, looks adorable. X3

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 4 September 2017 at 8:46 PM

@poptarts
Glad you like it! 😃 I also like the last stage most. x3 It was also the most fun to draw. 😸
I used markers to color it. 😊
Haha!! I know if this was a real creature in RL, my mom would also wand some of these. xD

Female
5 posts

liz85 • 5 September 2017 at 1:03 AM

wow very cute 😊

Female
5 posts

omelettecat • 5 September 2017 at 1:07 AM

This is so cute! I absolutely love the sunflower tail design! It also sounds like it smells amazing lol

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 September 2017 at 8:35 PM

@Iiz85
Thanks! 😸 ❤️

@omelettecat
Thanks!! 😃 😃 I really wanted to do stuff with a sunflower, as I think of them as a fall flower, especially when they are more dark at the base. 😸
And glad the description of the smells appeals to you!!! 😊

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 5 September 2017 at 8:52 PM

@prairie

Very beautiful, sunflowers and fox/raccoon what more could you want ^-^

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 September 2017 at 8:59 PM

@sunfire103
Thank you so much!! 😃 I'm glad you liked it! 😸

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 5 September 2017 at 9:00 PM

@prairie

very vibrant and fantastic 😊

I know the egg/creature isn't quite to scale hehe ;p, but I'd prefer the sunflower to be less prominent. The sunflower placed more like the eggs of Hulae, Veema or Leyma design would be more suitable imo ...

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 September 2017 at 9:07 PM

@veritaspunk
Thanks! 😃
I guess I could've made it smaller and a few more. x3
At the time, I was honestly tired of drawing when I made it. xD I chose the easiest design I could color. 😋

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 5 September 2017 at 9:20 PM

@prairie

It's just more visually pleasing when nothing is bursting out of the eggs going in every direction ... but "busy" eggs seem to be the du jour of the current artists selected to make the eggs ...

It's very personalized I guess. Tentropy is one where it demanded "irregular" lines and fit quite well as chaos and busyness from a standard "eggular" confinement. .. but in general I'm a purist .. I loves me ol' fashion eggs ... It's amazing I don't have hundreds of Honks eh 😋

Deleted • 5 September 2017 at 9:24 PM

@prairie

Your description is right, the Rociole really is beautiful😊 It's so well drawn, colored, and shaded! I'm blown away that you were able to make it so neat with just markers. The stages look great but the first stage is my favorite, really looking forward to owning one❤️

Male
472 posts

lucas • 5 September 2017 at 9:28 PM

@prairie Everything about it is lovely! From the art to the descriptions! I could almost smell the scents from just reading them... ah! I really like it!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 September 2017 at 9:33 PM

@mccherry
Thank you! 😃 Glad the description worked well for you! 😸
And haha, I guess over 17 years of crayons and markers as toys, I guess I got a steady hand. :'D
( I still have yet to make a good dinosaur design though, I loved those as a kid.) x3
Hopefully I'll be able to join you in owning one someday! 😃

@lucas
Thank you!! 😃
And I'm glad so many people are able to imagine the smell of Rocioles! 😸 ❤️
(btw, congrats on the Seleni! 😃 I always loved them. 😸)

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 5 September 2017 at 9:35 PM

@prairie

Your creature suggestions are always awesome~! The way you describe the egg and the creature...The drawing of the creature...Its so cute and amazing! Love the last stage the most 😃

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 September 2017 at 9:37 PM

@cloudslay3r
Thank you so much!! 😃 ❤️
I'm so glad so many like the description I made! 😸
And yeah, I think the last is my favorite too. xD It was also the one I enjoyed drawing the most. 😊

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 5 September 2017 at 9:38 PM

@prairie

I wouldn't be surprised if you made best-selling books XD

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 September 2017 at 10:15 PM

@cloudslay3r
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ. ಠ_ಠ
I might be OK at writing, but I don't really enjoy it. xD

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 5 September 2017 at 10:18 PM

@prairie

In my opinion, its amazing! Keep up the creature suggestions~! ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 September 2017 at 10:33 PM

@cloudslay3r
Thanks. ❤️ 😸

More Pings:
@dusskfall
@ethereality
@rashka

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 5 September 2017 at 10:35 PM

really beautiful! 😃

Female
218 posts

dusskfall • 5 September 2017 at 10:36 PM

the just hatched stage is really cute

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 September 2017 at 10:56 PM

@rashka
Thanks! 😃

@dusskfall
😸 Thank you! 😃

Female
1,188 posts

gymnastics001 • 6 September 2017 at 3:23 PM

@prairie

This looks really nice! 😊 I really love the shading of the sunflowers!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 11 September 2017 at 11:55 PM

@gymnastics001

Oh wow, so sorry for late response. X< College has gotten me homework. D:

Thank you so much! 😃 I'm really happy you like the sunflower shading. 😸

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 12 September 2017 at 8:52 PM

@prairie

WHY R U SO GOOD AT SUGGESTIONS?! 😈 ❤️

I ❤️ It!!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 12 September 2017 at 9:36 PM

@Wild_wonders

Haha!! X3 Thank you so much!! 😃 Guess I just have a knack. 😊

Female
63 posts

zqerre • 15 September 2017 at 10:10 PM

SO CUUUUUUUTE! One question though (sorry it might be a stupid one). Where are the eyes in the last stage? I couldn't find them. Sorry. Otherwise, AWESOME!