Site slow/502 errors?

in Problems & Bugs

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 14 February 2018 at 5:53 PM

Feeding pets for chocolate is very slow and buggy today, takes forever to load pages and for feeds to go through, plus I'm getting lots of "502: Bad Gateway" errors. Making it difficult to participate in the event. :/

I'm assuming it's just the site being overloaded due to the event but wondered if it was just me? Not having problems loading any other sites.

Female
219 posts

mythlight • 14 February 2018 at 5:58 PM

@tehuti88
I'm having the same problems! I think there's something wrong with the site. I hope they fix this soon.

Female
1,730 posts

minnie298a • 14 February 2018 at 5:59 PM

I'm getting both those as well. When I first started getting the 502's it was on an abandoned looking account, and I was thinking maybe the creatures had died or something as they all had 0% happiness, but I can't even feed back as at least every second refresh there is resulting in the error as well.

Female
9 posts

lady_roseblade • 14 February 2018 at 6:01 PM

Same thing here, bad gateway errors and extreme slowness. Very Fustrating.

Female
796 posts

dragon_collector • 14 February 2018 at 6:05 PM

yeah, not sure what is is☹️

Deleted • 14 February 2018 at 6:06 PM

@tehuti88 same here that why taking me 4ever to send everyone back their chocolate box's I am sorry everyone

Female
6 posts

kat-jay-sparrow • 14 February 2018 at 6:21 PM

I'm having the issue big time. Every time I go to a new page of any kind I get the error and have to refresh to get it to work... I can't feed pets like this it takes way too long. ☹️ This is my first Valentine's day on egg cave and I'm not going to get to participate because of the bug.

Female
5,407 posts

Orderedchaos • 14 February 2018 at 6:35 PM

I've passed this along to Ian. Hopefully this will get resolved before too long.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 14 February 2018 at 6:54 PM

Having the same issue, and the chocolates # is still off by alot.

Female
110 posts

cosmia • 14 February 2018 at 8:34 PM

Same issues here. Nothing is loading right, if at all.

278 posts

birdboysplace • 14 February 2018 at 8:35 PM

Yeah, its the same for me also. Very frustrating when trying to feed! Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Until its fixed, I can not feed or send chocolates because it is just taking forever to do anything. I did send in a ticket earlier on this.

Bird

Female
5,407 posts

Orderedchaos • 14 February 2018 at 9:17 PM

Please have some patience, this will get fixed, I promise. Remember today is a holiday and that slows things down as some of us are spending time with significant others.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 14 February 2018 at 11:35 PM

@orderedchaos

I guess we’re just all impatient because of the slowness, and it’s an event. I hope this gets fixed.

Shoot I’ve been having these too, and right now.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 14 February 2018 at 11:44 PM

@tehuti88
Been getting them all day. I looked into it:

"The 502 Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status code that means that one server on the internet received an invalid response from another server." ( https://www.lifewire.com/502-bad-gateway-error-explained-2622939 )

I'm pretty sure its Eggcave's side, because everything in my house is working fine wifi-wise.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 14 February 2018 at 11:50 PM

@marner

Yeah, when I reload it always works. (Even though it takes a long time.)

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 15 February 2018 at 1:12 AM

@tehuti88
I thought it was just me.... but I was on a desktop this morning and it was ok- my phone though, is not.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 15 February 2018 at 1:47 AM

@tehuti88 @skyfall4

I'm on a desktop and it's not any better ... at best it'll seem to be getting better for like 5 creature feeds then I get the lag and/or 502 error ...

I'm already about 500-700 chocolates off my pace due to this 😱 ☹️

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 15 February 2018 at 8:20 AM

I'm getting a little lag sometimes when I try to feed creatures and load pages (which I thought at first was just my internet again, but it seems as though others are getting it) and a few 502 errors when clicking on pages. The errors seem to happen a lot whenever I try to approach creatures in the cave.

EDIT: I've noticed a lot of broken images as well, especially when editing cove lists. Various amounts of creatures will just appear as broken images. Refreshing the page does fix it sometimes, though, but it might not fix every image most of the time.
( http://prntscr.com/if4xek )

264 posts

snowwall • 15 February 2018 at 8:49 AM

Can't say about lag, it varies with Inet speeds (and that is far from constant around here), but "Me too" on the 502s. Cave approaches, feeding. Refresh sometimes yields another 502, but not often - "another lag" is far more common.

Sometimes I think site holidays should happen in the holes between world ones, to reduce holiday stress 😊 Maybe just extend the event by a day to make up for those unable to feed today, dunno?

Approached an egg at the Cave and then the Asteroid, one after another, to reduce waiting time. Asteroid said I've been there already. I keep thinking such a glitch will lose me an Asteroid egg, but can't reproduce it reliably enough ☹️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 15 February 2018 at 9:15 AM

Same thing as well here. 😋

I get a blank page with this centered at the top of the page: "502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.13.6"
Site is also lagging for me, and I've checked my internet speed which is fast as ever.😋
Chrome is up to date, and I have cleared my cache multiple times

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 15 February 2018 at 9:33 AM

@snowwall I also got the message saying I have visited the asteroid when I haven't, and a lot of creature images aren't loading for me on Chrome for both my Android and PC

--As well as other issues others have already stated such as 502 errors and site lag.

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 15 February 2018 at 9:52 AM

Things have gotten better for me. I also was experiencing terrible lag and gateway errors, as well as the creature image issue. As of the last 5-10 minutes or so, site has gotten faster and much less gateway errors.

Male
336 posts

ufo • 15 February 2018 at 10:15 AM

I hope this gets fixed soon. It's impossible to deal with this.

Male
38 posts

bigdust • 15 February 2018 at 11:04 AM

For the last 16 plus hours it has been basically impossible to participate in the Chocotravaganza event! If this lasts much longer, I just won't bother. I usually enjoy getting involved in all the events. I don't have the time to sit here waiting for pages to load just get an error page over and over. We just had one minor error and now there is a major one. Is there not someone out there watching for errors like this?

Female
365 posts

rowina • 15 February 2018 at 12:16 PM

Side is so slowly. Feeding is so slowly. And again and again error pages. And I can't see all creatures in the caves. Often there are only little squares ☹️

Female
114 posts

pooh • 15 February 2018 at 2:10 PM

People, it's no good. I can't collect my chocolates! I don't have enough time for this! 502 error is making me nerving...

Female
9 posts

shoku • 15 February 2018 at 2:13 PM

I feel like i am in 1998 again and using dial up AOL lol! Sorry :/ half an hour later i am only on my 50th out of 243 pets to feed...and atm i dont even care about the chocolates...i just want to feed my pets ;-;

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 15 February 2018 at 2:27 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one, and this isn't something on my end 😃
However, I do want to note that I never had any problems with lag on Eggcave. A lot of other sites, it's common, but I think that's a reason why I was unsure if it was something on my end, because I never experienced lag on Eggcave (so, props to the people running it 😊 ).

I do hope it'll be over soon thou, I'd like to spent a lot of effort in the Chocotravaganza Exchange (yay, events! 😸 ) xD

Deleted • 15 February 2018 at 2:40 PM

this site really making me mad still doing all of that stuff I won't be on for a while!

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 15 February 2018 at 3:16 PM

Darn, was hoping it'd be cleared up by now. :/ I agree this feels like being on good old-fashioned dialup Internet.