Click Exchange Issue

in Problems & Bugs

Male
682 posts

decay • 15 June 2018 at 10:49 PM

Hello everyone!

I just realized something and it's been irking me a bit. I realized that the Click Exchange has become pretty obsolete.

Let me give you some background. I gathered up like 500 points and it's lasted me all month I'm stuck at 244 points. The creature that I put into the click exchange like a week ago has like 10 clicks.

While giving everyone 10 points to prevent users from dominating the click exchange, it has been useful in that right but it has made the click exchange pretty useless.

I don't know if i'm the only that feels like this?

I need to see the if other people feel the same way too because I'm trying to immortalize but the click exchange isn't helping...

Pings:
@crown
@skyfall4
@jirachiwishmaker
@littlepuffyball
@chihiro_sang

Female
1,197 posts

littlepuffyball • 15 June 2018 at 10:50 PM

@dcmaster Yep. Same problem here. It just isn’t helping. We either need to get it started again or do something else.

Deleted • 15 June 2018 at 10:53 PM

@dcmaster Yeah I've been at the same for a while, but I don't really pay attention to my XC count. I have although, been noticing that my creatures in the Click Exchange have been getting clicks REALLY slowly....

Male
682 posts

decay • 15 June 2018 at 10:54 PM

@littlepuffyball Yeah! I think if many people click it could help continue the flow maybe some type of system which disables people's creatures from being shown after like a week. I know this has been suggested before though.

Pings:
@xenni
@rashka
@immortalraven

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 15 June 2018 at 10:55 PM

@dcmaster

IDK if I have the same issue or not, I'd have to really pay attention. 😋
But I have noticed the exchange is OBNOXIOUSLY slow. :l

I can't tell if people just stockpile 1,000 + points then never click/feed until it gets low or what, but I had gathered 2000 when the click exchange got its last big update, and I've been stuck in 1500s for at least 3 weeks now. :l

Male
682 posts

decay • 15 June 2018 at 10:57 PM

@prarie
Yeah, I did the same at the start I got like 500 points but at that time they were being used up because there was still a lot of excitement.
@crown I usually don't pay attention to it but I've noticed that I was stuck at like 250 for a while 😋

Pings:
@mairbear
@monsterprincess333
@mrsgiggles
@muzb

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 15 June 2018 at 11:01 PM

yes it is, people went crazy about the XC when it got better, but now they have WAY too much XC to care feeding there anymore!

i know what i'm talking about because i almost got to 14k XC like 2 months ago and i'm only down at 12,8k, and i know that contining clicking there will just get the XC up, without getting down!

Male
682 posts

decay • 15 June 2018 at 11:06 PM

@rashka Yeah, that's true! However, people probably won't won't do that willing to keep the system going 😋 Like I wouldn't do that willingly xD

Pings:
@dusskfall
@loveshapiro
@luv

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 15 June 2018 at 11:07 PM

@dcmaster

During the beginning of summer the click exchange has died down because of lack of users and ppl clicking and I've got so many credits, but they rarely get used up. It's pretty frustrating having to wait, but what more can you do when everyone is busy doing something as it's summer and they're not gonna really spend much time on here when they could do be doing other things like going swimming, going to the park, going to the mall, movies, etc. So many things to do, just so little time to do it. And you could try Yarold's but you're still stuck to how many ppl are on there still clicking things. There's a new click exchange from @grimwood you could ask them about it, and you just send grimwood your links, it's what I did, but that's the only other place I could think of.

Grimwoods click exchange

https://sites.google.com/site/officialclickingcove/

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 15 June 2018 at 11:08 PM

@dcmaster
Yeah, I feel pretty frustrated with the current state that the click exchange is at. :/ There are thousands of creatures to click, and almost no incentive to click them. Before the change, you had to click every day because your XC would be at 0 at the start of the day.

Now, since there are thousands of creatures to click, you can stockpile your XC without having to click every day. Since a lot of people do this (as I'd imagine they would), your XC doesn't drain as quickly and the cycle just repeats. I've been stuck at around 8k XC, and it only goes down at a minuscule amount each day, causing me not to bother clicking any creatures.

Thing is, I'm not sure if the click exchange has improved or not, since I was one of the users that benefited the most from the exchange.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 15 June 2018 at 11:08 PM

may be if XC couldn't go upper then 500 XC (max 1000XC) it would keep working at full potential.

Female
218 posts

dusskfall • 15 June 2018 at 11:12 PM

yeah i have almost 3000 xc built up..no one's clicking my creatures hardly at all, so it barely goes down. doesn't give me much incentive to click more

Male
682 posts

decay • 15 June 2018 at 11:15 PM

@jirachiwishmaker
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely contact them c: I created this discussion to see how others feels 😋 As Rashka just finished telling me, there's a life behind the screen and yes it's very true! I just want to find a system that will work in general for those that don't come often and those that do c:

@degong I feel the same way! When I first started using the click exchange I would click often and it would even launch me into the leaderboards c: Now, it's hard to get clicks in general 😋

@rashka yeah! Something like that would be helpful!

Pings:
@inkstrike
@starkdaiman
@cala

Female
207 posts

loved • 15 June 2018 at 11:21 PM

@dcmaster thanks for the ping!

I agree with everyone above. I’m already at 23k XC and I’m having trouble getting the motivation to click creatures when mine aren’t being clicked as much. I’ve also noticed that there are more and more new players joining the site, putting their creatures in the exchange, then going inactive again. I think that creatures from inactive accounts should get pulled out of the exchange after 1 month instead of the 2 months stated in this blog post. This way the active creatures can be clicked more often.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 15 June 2018 at 11:29 PM

they could still keep giving the 10 XC to those who have creatures in it but put a top number so it should be more usefull!

we should go and take a look at the post they made when V3 came and they talked about changing the XC

Female
99 posts

ratqueen • 15 June 2018 at 11:56 PM

yep same here i have over 200 points

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 16 June 2018 at 12:11 AM

@dcmaster
Ahh I have 28.5 k credits and my creatures that have been in there for a month only have, like, 70 clicks. I only keep clicking the "feeds" tab because of the EC and because I know people are starving for stats just as much as the rest of us. It's really hard to get creatures evolving or immortalizing anymore, without the smooth flow of the CX. Especially for those who can't get their hands on CC or don't want to run a click contest. (like my lazy bum).

@rashka

Here (at the very bottom) is where they talk about the different solutions to solving the Exchange crisis. I still think that what we selected was one of the better choices, but as of right now, I kinda wish we had 2 or 3.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 16 June 2018 at 12:25 AM

Ah, I agree. I thought the creatures would be removed after two months of inactivity, but it seems as if they are still in the system...?

Anyhow, I think it would be better than this current state if it switched back to the old system, but implement a cap so that it discourages users from stockpiling XC. (And maybe the extra XC could be redistributed or something, sort of like the 10 XC that is fed into accounts right now?)

It's become aggravating as it is now. Just 40 clicks in two weeks. Before, you could've gotten more in one day.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 16 June 2018 at 5:17 PM

@dcmaster
Same here. It's pretty annoying. I don't like clicking since I hardly get any clicks myself so I feel like I'm doing it for nothing ☹️

Maybe they should create a little shop that we can spend extra XC for like travels or a critter or something to make it a little more worth it to click and then hopefully more will click for the extra incentive. I know I'd have more of an incentive to do so as at least I'll get something out of clicking since I haven't been getting many at all back.

Hope that made sense o3o

Male
682 posts

decay • 17 June 2018 at 7:47 PM

Guys I have an update! My creature finally got two more clicks for a grand total of four!

Honestly, I don't know how to express this to the mods and Ian though? Like how do we actually get the click system to change?

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 17 June 2018 at 10:18 PM

@dcmaster
Congrats! Somehow, the few I added have got 7-11 clicks over two days, which is quite the feat!

Honestly, I don't know how to talk about it with mods, either. Like, "Hey, I'm not getting clicks. This feels pointless to me, can we discuss it? Is there any other tweaks and fidgets you can do to this to make it more efficient?" I'm bad at communicating anyways, but the EC team is very amazing and cooperative.

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 18 June 2018 at 12:04 AM

If there are accounts that are over 2 months inactive please do submit a ticket.
I have subscribed to this so you do not need to ping me and here's the blog from the click exchange remake just in case you guys want to take a look at it again:
https://eggcave.com/blog/click-exchange-updated

The best way to get our attention is to ping us or submit a ticket for issues that arises, we want to hear your frustrations and ideas to make Egg Cave better.

Female
12 posts

inkstrike • 18 June 2018 at 2:15 AM

@mastergemma Thanks! I'll double check to see if there are any late accounts to see if that helps.

I really think the problem started about 4-5 months ago before the bug fixes. Before then I could only rack up 10 XC or maybe even 20 if I clicked really really fast. I do agree that maybe focusing the newer members on that part of the website probably could help bring a steady stream of XC back. More incentive might work too like @immortalraven said, getting an extra feed point or what-not for feeding/feeding back in the exchange. Maybe the top 50 in the exchange could get prizes. I think possibly getting alerts for the exchanges for example which people owe you clicks and who you need to click back could help.

Female
3,756 posts

sparklefox • 18 June 2018 at 6:03 AM

@dcmaster - I've been noticing this, too. I can get about 200 clicks (or less) in a month from the CE, which is a really low amount - especially when you compare it to the CE before its update. I started this month with around 1,400 XC (although that's me guessing because I can't fully remember how much I had), and it's only reached less than 1,100 over the past couple of days. I've never really had the motivation to click due to the low amounts of stats gained, along with many different real life things and annoying technology reasons.

I kinda feel bad for (pretty much accidentally) stockpiling credits and never clicking, but oh well.

Male
682 posts

decay • 18 June 2018 at 6:41 AM

@mastergemma Thank you for replying to this topic, it truly means a lot to me because it means that the objective of the topic has been met. Thank you so much! Have an amazing day!

Also, thank you for the amazing advice!

Thank you for everyone who has expressed their frustration in this topic!
I'm glad i've heard all your stories and experiences! Hopefully, we can get this issue fixed!

15 posts

nairridian • 18 June 2018 at 6:42 AM

I wasn't here when the click exchange system changed but I do know that I have the same problem. I had around 20 xc a week and a half ago and right now that's gone down to about 8 xc. That's only about 2xc a day.
I used to play Eggcave before and know that I used to have to go and click creatures frequently because the xc I had was dropping really fast.

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 22 June 2018 at 2:38 AM

Okay I have a few possible solutions that come to mind: basically we need to encourage people to click more without just hoarding, right?

1) rank people in the exchange based on how many creatures they clicked the previous day. This way you encourage people to click more while preventing the "hoarding XC with only 1 creature in the exchange" mentality.
ie if on tuesday sally clicked 100 creatures, tom clicked 50 creatures, and joe didn't click at all, then on wednesday, sally's creatures would be displayed first, tom's creatures next, and joe's creatures would be last in the list.
possible downside: some people will take this so far as to click EVERY creature in the exchange (including all of the freeloaders) and you will have way too many credits in the exchange.

2) kinda similar to #1, but we rank people by clicks given divided by clicks received (over lets say the last 7 days). The people closes to 1 (or perhaps 1.2 would be better since we still have freeloaders? idk) would have their creatures displayed first.
ie over the past week, sally clicked 100 creatures and received 200 clicks, tom clicked 70 creatures and received 50 clicks, and joe was on vacation, clicking 0 creatures but receiving 20 clicks. tom at 1.4 would have his creatures first, sally with 0.5 is second, and joe with 0 is last.
possible downside: really this encourages people to click as much as they put creatures in the exchange and vice versa... but it would be hard for people who don't get off to a good start to increase their standings (like joe on vacation) because they will be ranked so low.

3) change the credit system and rank creatures based on the number of credits you have. for instance if you have 0-50 XC then each click is worth 5XC, if you have 100-500XC then clicks are worth 2XC, 500-1000XC then clicks are worth 1 XC, 1000-5000XC clicks are worth 0.5XC, etc you get the idea. Then the person with the most XC gets their creatures displayed first. for each click received, each person is still deducted 1XC.
ie. if sally has 3000XC, tom has 700XC, and joe has 3XC, then sally gets her creatures displayed first but each of her clicks are only worth half a credit, and joe gets his creatures last but each click is worth 10 times as much as sally.
possible downside: this really encourages people who don't click to click a lot more, and people hoarding clicks not to click as much. eventually, there will be fewer clicks in the exchange if most people end up in the <1XC section, or if most people hover in the >1XC area then we may have too much XC. It really depends on the brackets and I'm not sure how most people use the exchange and where they keep there XP number. I think ideally the 1:1 ratio should be somewhere around 1000XC.

Thought? comments? I'll brainstorm a bit to come up with better ideas but this was just a quick type of what I think the problem is and what the solutions are.

47 posts

rayray • 22 June 2018 at 6:09 AM

From a personal standpoint, I prefer this particular approach more where instead of redesigning the entire system, there should instead be more incentive to click/feed creatures. I'd imagine if there were more occasions where each feed yields more than just your average 100EC, you'd see more traffic in the click exchange. I'm talking about events like double feed day or annual events like Chocotravaganza. Now I'm not necessarily saying to 'implement more double feed days' a month but instead to have similar small events every month to complement double feed day.

Just my 2 cents on the take and I think if something like this was implemented, in addition to monitoring the inactive accounts in the circulation, we could definitely see more people using the click exchange.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 22 June 2018 at 8:36 PM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is having this issue. I don't remember all of the other options when this update rolled out so I can't really suggest what I think should be changed. I like the algorithm change because it means I can click more creatures in a single session, but right now if I were to click more creatures I would begin to start hoarding XC, which I don't really want to do. I feel stuck lol

Female
38 posts

klauenwolf • 23 June 2018 at 9:49 AM

I don´t think, we need a ranking system. Maybe we should set the creature count for each account down a bit. Today, we can let up to 20 creatures in exchange. Maybe we should stop here by only 5 creatures for each account or 10 would be ok.
The random system for exchange links is good for now.

Or we could go a bit to old things. If an account have no XC, then this creatures will not take place. That means, the starting XC points of 10 per day should be deleted again.

I have the same problems like you guys. Tried to grow up 10 creatures over the last 3 month and they just get maybe 20 clicks in this time. Really useless and brings people to use other sites to gather clicks.
That is not the right use of our click-exchange to prefer other "not eggcave"-sites...