Egg Cave Quests Beta: Suggestions & Feedback

in General

Female
1,285 posts

mejary • 14 September 2018 at 7:24 AM

I have a small question regarding Gourmand Quests. I noticed this one only asks us to bring one item instead of two like the other quests, wouldn't it be better if this quest is typed in singular verbs instead of plural? Like,

"To begin Hamilton's quest, click the button below. You will have 12 hours to gather all of the items and deliver them back here."

"Please fetch the following items for Hamilton and return them here..."

"I have these items!"

These are all in plural when Hamilton only asks for one item, or will he ask for two items like the rest in the future? o.o Also, why is he the only one that asks for one item to find? owo

310 posts

chihiro_sang • 14 September 2018 at 5:50 PM

@ mejary

I've been asking this question myself. I was hoping that the number of items that were asked for would vary throughout questing, but so far that hasn't happened. My best guess as to why Hamiton uses plural language is so all of the quest npcs have the same template.

Female
137 posts

dragongirl02 • 15 September 2018 at 2:08 AM

Seem I'm having the most trouble with Toy Box Quest. Both times it asked for something that currently not in stock anywhere the first time I think it was the white chip plush now it's asking for a Life Preserver. As for the second Item being asked for I do have that item.
One suggestion would be to make sure items asked will be in stock within an hour or less as I can't be on here 24/7.

310 posts

chihiro_sang • 15 September 2018 at 10:01 AM

Finally have enough tokens to try the machine, has anyone else tried it yet?

Yes, I was part of the original group chosen for testing. These quests can go from being fun to being an aggravating chore really easily. The quest that took me the longest was the speed reading.

I got a rhoull. I'll admit the roulette of getting the creature is actually kind of neat. I don't think I'm going to do anymore quests for the beta however, it's just too much of an ec sink for me right now.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 15 September 2018 at 10:13 AM

@chihiro_sang
Congrats!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

I haven't gotten one yet. xD I stopped trying for tokens, as I was depleting my ec WAYYYY to much. ^^"
And as someone who doesn't feed as much, it's too hard for me to keep a good EC amount while doing the quests. πŸ˜‹
The closest I was to doing the machine was before they changed it to 50 each. 😱 Still feel like the # of tokens should be smaller, or maybe less in some quests depending on difficulty. I found the speed reading to be the hardest. :l

Also, the VEND mark is cool on the creature, but it feels like it draws way too much attention to itself. πŸ˜‹ Maybe if it was marked by an image of one of the tokens, it'd be better?

310 posts

chihiro_sang • 15 September 2018 at 10:19 AM

@ prairie

I agree, I've been seeing a lot of posts that they should have kept the number of tokens at least in the 20's for the beta, and at this point I think just about all of the testers have run into the wall of having to few of the items in their strongroom or inventory and being too much of a pain/too expensive to search for them, but I'm just spit balling from seeing a bunch of complaints on the topic and getting progressively more annoyed at that minoete with every impossible quest. The ikamifoo is a pest as well.

Female
40 posts

secrety • 15 September 2018 at 10:42 AM

I'm enjoying these quests. It's helping me to remember to check in and feed my creatures. I do have a concern though. I'm not sure if I'm unlucky but I'm getting quests that are unobtainable. I end up failing a lot of quests and it's not a good feeling. I'm overly sensitive though. Lol. Anyway, i think this is pretty amazing. And a great way to keep EC moving in the site.

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 16 September 2018 at 5:17 PM

first time I am asked for something that isn't available, really sad I cannot complete a quest

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 16 September 2018 at 5:25 PM

Agree that 50 tokens per VEND machine is on the high side, especially for beta, but everything works so far!!

Male
11 posts

bi88819 • 17 September 2018 at 4:45 PM

I need to know how the vend machine works I got 10 food Qwest coins but don't know how to spend them so can someone tell me how

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 17 September 2018 at 5:01 PM

@bi88819 You need 50 of each type of quest token in order to use the VEND machine. Once you have 50 of each you will be able to spend them and you will be given one of the prize creatures at random.

Male
11 posts

bi88819 • 17 September 2018 at 8:16 PM

Dose that mean that it takes 200 to get one creature

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 17 September 2018 at 8:48 PM

@bi88819
That is correct.

Female
137 posts

dragongirl02 • 18 September 2018 at 3:29 AM

200 tokens seems way too much ( for CRW eggs from this year) since a lot of us work/have classes and can't be here 24/7 without a lot of risk taking involved with the smartphone possible being confiscated and not handed back to the end of the semester (hasn't happened to me but I do read/hear variation of that issues online). This is made even harder by some items being practically impossible to find quickly.
I think most of us would like a bit of a warning (prefer a few weeks in advance) before the tokens are wiped. Right now I have some real life class assignments to deal with may have a time for a few quests on here afterward.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 September 2018 at 5:17 PM

Personally I think te items are all tittle too hard to find.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 19 September 2018 at 6:43 PM

Thank you, everyone, for your continued thoughts and feedback. Here are the latest updates today.

KEEPING QUEST TOKENS AFTER BETA

We will allow users who participate in the Egg Cave quest beta to keep their Quest Token balances once beta concludes. We realize that a lot of you are spending your hard-earned Egg Coins on items (real currency!) to complete quests.

There’s really no logical reason why you can’t keep your Quest Tokens. So, you can keep them!

PRIZE POOL PRICES ADJUSTED

We’re getting some really valuable data from you all about how you complete quests and which ones are the hardest. It seems like books and toys are the hardest; that would make sense since they are, relatively speaking, the "newest" item types to Egg Cave.

In short, head over to The VEND Machine to see how prices have been updated.

PRIZE POOLS EXPANDED

In preparation for public release, we have added prize pools that feature more retired creatures. We hope that this gives you all a better idea of the power of The VEND Machine and what’ll be available there.

Imagine a Ghosty-like or Balrogipuwet-like species coming back at some point in time in the future. It’s what The VEND Machine is for. We think these creatures will continue to make questing worth your while.

ON ITEM CIRCULATION

We understand that some items are still hard to find. We’re hoping that these issues are eased once the public release happens; there will be more incentive to restock items in general from the main shops and resell them at a profit. We hope some users enjoy restocking by itself as a profitable venture.

UP NEXT

We expect quests to be released to the public in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more announcements.

Male
22 posts

username • 19 September 2018 at 6:48 PM

@Ian - On the vending machine page, the links on the creatures names are wrong. They're all missing the / before show.

Female
659 posts

eschla • 19 September 2018 at 7:36 PM

@Ian
I had a problem with category "Going Global" He asked for 2 travels, I gave them. I was rewarded with a token and a travel. And after that he didn't count the token and I didn't get my travel. I looked in the inventory and the 2 asked travels where in my inventory. He started again with a new quest after 5 minutes πŸ˜‰

Deleted • 19 September 2018 at 8:06 PM

Hi 😊
The creature links in the reward pool lead to a broken link.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 19 September 2018 at 9:52 PM

Yay I shall start participating again x'D
I didn't think I'd gain enough tokens to get a critter and didn't wanna waste my EC and such on items and unused tokens if we weren't gonna keep em, but now we can so here I go again lol x'D

Thanks 😊

Female
2,873 posts

mairbear • 19 September 2018 at 10:15 PM

I like how there are different prize pools now ^^ The numbers needed seem a bit random but overall I'm a fan of all the updates 😊 Thanks @ian

Time to start trying harder~

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 19 September 2018 at 11:30 PM

Hmm... a suggestion for the items shops

Someone has been buying out ALL the items every time it restocks, and I feel once the quests go public it'll be a common occurrence, so restocking times should be lowered for shops so that there isn't a shortage of items, or to ensure that prices don't become inflated in user shops.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 19 September 2018 at 11:44 PM

@newlife
I agree, it's a tiny bit annoying right now x'D
Every time I go there's either nothing or like 1 to 3 items o3o

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 20 September 2018 at 9:09 AM

@newlife
I've noticed that too. 😱 And I agree it kinda makes it difficult and a little annoying. πŸ˜‹
I've noticed it especially in the book store. xD

310 posts

chihiro_sang • 20 September 2018 at 9:40 AM

@newlife, @ prairie, @ immortalraven

I have been finding it a bit annoying that the shops keep being sold out. I managed to do a bit of restocking between my first vend use and now so I've had some luck with the quests, but trying to get items from user shops at the moment usually comes at a ridiculous price. Hopefully, restocking and pricing will improve when quests expand.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 20 September 2018 at 10:22 AM

Omg i need that hallowolf!😱 or if I don't get one, hopefully an abet 😊

Female
864 posts

sprite • 20 September 2018 at 11:45 AM

A page or two back I noted that about the shops before the update. Now with the better prize pool it's a given the shops that have the most popular wanted creatures will be sold out. With it being a bit annoying now once it goes site wide it's going to add to it. The average time for shops to restock is 13 mins. There is no sure thing what the shops will stock so people are grabbing what they can. ETA... People who don't want them will make the EC from selling those much wanted items.So demand is high.

Just now decided to go to Lelila Libray and here not a thing less then a minute after restocking. I have seen it happen even more within 30 secs tho.

Last restocked 51 seconds ago

Currently in stock...
We're out of stock!
Most shops restock about every 10 minutes or so.

Finally had a quest where I did not have the item and it was not in any shops.

I'm very excited to see the changes added and looking forward to more. Loving the step in the right direction with the much better creature pool.

Male
472 posts

lucas • 20 September 2018 at 5:15 PM

I see some amazing improvement in this latest update!

But I do agree, shops should rs more frequently. I haven't been able to complete a single toy quest so far :/

310 posts

chihiro_sang • 22 September 2018 at 8:44 AM

Well, I got a skrulline from the machine this time.

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 22 September 2018 at 12:37 PM

Yeah, I've been seeing an affect on the main shops as well, and that's only with beta players playing. I can see this being a major issue when everyone's able to do quests. I think the restocking time should go down, and/or more items included when a shop restocks. There could also be a short waiting period for buying items from main shops. Like, if someone buys something from the food store, they have to wait 15-20 seconds before buying another item from that store. A lot of people would probably complain about it though, but it'll help prevent users from buying out the whole store.