Egg Cave Quests Beta: Suggestions & Feedback

in General

Female
659 posts

eschla • 8 September 2018 at 12:52 PM

50 tokens for each category is too much I guess. However not every category is the same difficult to complete ๐Ÿ˜Š

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 8 September 2018 at 1:01 PM

I've been able to complete 12 quests from since the beta testing started (+1 if you include the quest I cancelled even though I had the items). I guess having 50 tokens each would really depend on how long the creatures would be available for. If I had, say, a couple of months, then 50 tokens wouldn't be too hard to achieve and wouldn't inflate the creature prices.

However, this is assuming 50 or less people are buying items in the user shops. If everyone was doing the same, it would be much harder to find the items you might need (I would assume, anyway. I can't know for sure).

I usually see if I can find an item, and if I can't, I cancel the quest since waiting an hour beats waiting 12. But it says that it counted as a loss, and I'm wondering what that is?

318 posts

chihiro_sang • 8 September 2018 at 1:28 PM

@ degong

I agree with you, where I already have a big stock pile of travels the travel quests are really easy for me, but some of the other quests I've only completed 2 or 3 for since I don't have many items of that type and there are so few items in user shops, and while I can understand that part of the event is to encourage users to expand their shops, I've had to cancel most of my quests.

I also agree that once it becomes public there's going to be a much bigger strain then the 50 users currently doing the quests so the 50 tokens each seems rather high. Maybe it should be like 20 of each? I didn't see anyone in the comments earlier that accomplished that in less than a day.

Female
36 posts

eggberts • 8 September 2018 at 6:53 PM

I didnot realize you could cancel quests. I have not completed my first 2 quests because the second quest item is not available. So knowing I can cancel quests will help I hope.

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 8 September 2018 at 10:59 PM

I was thinking that instead of needing 50 of every token, maybe just needing 50 of one or two categories? It can't hurt to try in beta, at least, to see if it's too easy. It's just that some quests are easier to finish than others.

Female
338 posts

love23bug • 8 September 2018 at 11:59 PM

I think the Gourmand quests are too hard - I haven't even been able to complete one! Maybe lowering the number of tokens needed for the VEND from 10 to 5 would be more fair?

Also, it would make sense if you could collect any number of tokens, but only redeem them when you have at least x-amount of each.

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 9 September 2018 at 10:08 AM

Seems a nice start to questing. It was easier the first day, but as the quest goes on there are less items actually in the user shops. Then even if you are refreshing shops regularly, its rare to find the specific item(s) for the quest.

Hopefully people can learn what to restock and keep their user shops filled. I'm sure this will take some time to get every adjusted to supply and demand.

318 posts

chihiro_sang • 9 September 2018 at 10:38 AM

Don't know if it's appropriate to ask here or not, but has anyone actually been able to use the vend machine yet?

Female
659 posts

eschla • 9 September 2018 at 10:45 AM

Yesterday I was near able to use the machine and then hoppa changed into 50 of each. So 1 minute to late to use โ˜น๏ธ

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 9 September 2018 at 11:50 AM

@chihiro_sang
Nope, not me anyways. xD
It would be nice to test it out to see if there would be any bugs there. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ If there is worry about the values of the 2018 CRWs going down, (which they are pretty much already low), Ian or the mods could always switch it out with the current and past cave monthlies, or heck, even cave commons. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Though currently to test it out, I'm nowhere near the 50 per quest needs. xD The closest I am to the original ten in them is 7 in Gourmand Quests, and 5 in Toybox Quests. The others are both at 2. ๐Ÿ˜‹

318 posts

chihiro_sang • 9 September 2018 at 11:52 AM

I was just asking as it seems like it'll be next week at the earliest before I might get the chance myself, so I was just wondering if anyone else was having any better luck. Thanks, @prairie and @eschla.

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 9 September 2018 at 12:08 PM

@prairie
I was actually thinking of that! I haven't been able to get many tokens too close to 10, much less 50. ๐Ÿ˜‹ They could either give the beta testers some tokens to try to work out bugs or lower the amount needed.

Also, I got a quest asking for both an SoB and a retired travel. Obviously not going to drop 4 mill on a quest, so maybe take out the SoBs?

Female
659 posts

eschla • 9 September 2018 at 12:32 PM

I'm now on this position so far:
19/50
12/50
12/50
19/50

318 posts

chihiro_sang • 9 September 2018 at 2:34 PM

Currently as far as tokens I'm at:

50/50
12/50
5/50
13/50

So I still strongly agree with earlier statements of how the quests themselves have extreme variability on how easy it is to get items.

Female
258 posts

spectaclenest • 9 September 2018 at 3:05 PM

hi! what a great addition this has been! i just failed my first quest and received a message about getting a strike on my record, is there any way we can view our record and how do strikes affect questing gameplay? thanks so much!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 9 September 2018 at 3:08 PM

@spectaclenest
We can't view that yet. I think they have plans for a leaderboard, though, so it'll probably show up there. In relation to the strikes, Orderedchaos mentioned on the site blog that failures don't mean anything.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 September 2018 at 11:59 AM

HOly moly, some of you are so dang fast!!! xD
I only stand at this right now on tokens:

8 / 50
8 / 50
2 / 50
5 / 50
Getting alot of items I don't have in my strongroom or find in user shops, so I usually gotta stalk shops. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Also, I just got a travel quest that asked for 2 retired travels: Tree of Sparkling & Giant Flowers ๐Ÿ˜‹
Of course I quit it, but I'd agree with others that this probably shouldn't happen unless it give you a much higher token reward, as some retired travels (such as ToS) are usually only sold for CC or very high EC values.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 10 September 2018 at 1:41 PM

MAJOR QUESTING UPDATES TODAY

The overall questing difficulty has been adjusted today. In short, completing quests should be easier. NPCs have been given more intelligence; they will now do a closer check on overall item circulation and availability when asking for items. In short, if an item is physically unobtainable in the gameโ€”located nowhere in auctions, trades, or user shopsโ€”it should not be asked for. Quest tokens will be easier to obtain as a result.

As a part of todayโ€™s update, retired items are no longer being asked for.

@spectaclenest

Yes, there will eventually be questing leaderboards where you can view your percentage of success on a monthly basis. You can see how this stacks up on your record. Coming soon!

Trying to gather feedback on: how does questing feel now? Are quest tokens a bit easier to earn now? Please submit your feedback here.

Female
338 posts

love23bug • 10 September 2018 at 4:14 PM

@Ian
MUCH better! Questing is a lot more fun and less frustrating. I do think 50 is still too much - maybe 25 - and that there should be no upper limit as to how many tokens we can hoard, but overall I'm a lot happier with what I'm seeing. Keep up the great work! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 10 September 2018 at 4:26 PM

@Ian
Have you decided to let us keep our tokens after beta or not yet?
I am afraid to keep doing quests if not ;-; [at least one other person is also]
I don't wanna waste my items and EC yet as cove expansions cost me a lot of EC so I don't wanna waste it on items for tokens I am not gonna be able to keep and I have so many 2018 CRWs that I don't wanna take more of those in because I'll probably have to end up expanding to take it in.
If we aren't gonna keep them then you can give my spot to someone else if you want since I know some were bummed that they didn't get there fast enough. I'd feel selfish for being in and not doing anything so that is why I am asking cause I feel really bad for not doing anything anymore :c

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 10 September 2018 at 5:24 PM

Quests are so much easier now! ๐Ÿ˜Š I have a much higher success rate - the ones that I decide to cancel are when users put up the item for more than I'm willing to buy. I did find a couple that weren't in the shops, but I'm assuming they could be found in auctions or trades and such. Nevertheless, I think it's an improvement! ๐Ÿ˜Š With this mechanic, I'd say that 50 might actually be a good amount. Otherwise, it might be too easy. Quests are a lot of fun, now! ;D

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 10 September 2018 at 5:39 PM

Lol guys I have like 5 frickin tokens

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 7:15 PM

THANK YOU for changing the difficulty. This has made this so much better. I'm actually finishing 70% ish of quests instead of 20%. Feels much more rewarding.

I said before that I don't think you should ask for retired/seasonal items -- however -- if you're going to reward them for completing quests then I don't see this as a problem.

As for a token cap, I see no reson to implement one so low at 100 tokens, That's only 8 creature tries in a pool of 8 creatures (at least right now it's 8). Maybe closer to 250 tokens of each color? If you implement one at all. It's a user's decision to spend them or not. (In my opinion)

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 10 September 2018 at 7:24 PM

@degong @lbowe_elbow
Where does it say token cap? I didn't think there was one. When it was only needing 1o each token, I had 11 in total on the travel one under the "My Tokens" tab o-o
Another person thought the same thing when we only needed 1o for each category, but they tested it also and under my tokens they had more than where it said in the Vend Machine section.

Did I miss somewhere saying there was a cap or has no one noticed this?

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 7:25 PM

@immortalraven naw it was just suggested

Female
258 posts

spectaclenest • 11 September 2018 at 1:15 PM

@ian thank you so much for the leaderboard
update! so excited to see it, and to try questing at this new difficulty level...hurry up work and be over already!! i am beyond thrilled retired items are no longer in the pools, i would actually love to see retired items as vend machine prizes! thank you so so much for making that change, and all the others!

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 11 September 2018 at 5:40 PM

Overall, this is seeming like a more enjoyable system for everyone. Quests are more fun when you're able to really do them well, right?! ๐Ÿ˜ธ

@immortalraven

No, you will not be able to keep your quest tokens after the beta concludes. Make your decisions accordingly.

@degong @wigglytuff @lbowe_elbow @spectaclenest

The "My Tokens" page does not have a token cap. Any token amounts you see under Reward Pools are the amount of tokens required, not capped. Hope that makes sense.

Female
158 posts

theonlypandora • 11 September 2018 at 7:44 PM

Thanks for letting me beta test!
I haven't run across any bugs yet, but I do have some observations/feedback ๐Ÿ˜Š

I've done a couple of rounds of quests and for the most part they're pretty simple, but I've also got a stock pile of items from over the years. The items that I did not already have on hand, I had to go to the shops for and it was as I expected - heavy price gouging. I have the EC to spend now that I'm not constantly paying for empty eggs (#thethiefshopisevil ๐Ÿ˜‹ ), so it's not that much of a problem for me, but if you have newer users that *don't* have a lot of EC to burn, this is not going to be much fun for them.

I'm not sure about the VEND machine. Do you have to have 50 of each token, 200 tokens total? That seems like a lot to be honest. But since it looks like you can keep doing quests I guess maybe it's not as bad as it sounds.

Overall, it is fun to have these quests to do! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
864 posts

sprite • 11 September 2018 at 8:43 PM

Love the NPC's art ๐Ÿ˜Š

Part of the charm with Quests is you will not complete every one mainly due to pricing. Happens on sites that have been doing them for much longer and is pretty common. Just like with trading you have to decide if the cost is too high or not for what you are getting. Right now since items weren't really in demand you will have to pay more or not. Having 12 hours to complete them that's more then long enough to feed to get EC for items or better yet amass the ec before and allot what you will spend on so many quests. May be a little slower but doable. Since there is demand for items now buying and reselling for a profit is another way too.

The one issue that stands out is the Shops restocking time average is 13 mins so that's 4 restocks an hourish. While that was all fine and good with demand not being high. Once every one is able to do them it's going to make matters worse and people are already worried about finding items. I'm not stating this to make Quests easier to complete just makes more sense. There is no sure thing with what the shops will restock. I do see more shops sitting with a lot less items now.

Like it so far no issues with doing the Quests. I have all the 2018 CRW's tho and since we can't keep the tokens out of beta I'll wait to do more if something new is added and etc.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 11 September 2018 at 9:24 PM

I think it would be nice to have the requested items have a link that can direct us to the usershop section that sells that particular item.

Plus think 50 tokens for a creature release isn't really worth it. "^-^ I'd rather see 50 tokens for a random pool of LE creatures from 2017 or 2018. Since I feel like the price you spend to obtain quest items becomes more than the possible worth of future CRW creatures (I could be wrong). If I already have CRW, what's the point of getting more unless I plan on starting a hoard.

Then again the same thing goes for the LE idea, If I already have them what's the point of getting another unless I plan a hoard, values would surly decrease over time for avid Quest players? Imo at least, unless there is a cap implemented.

I rather there be new creatures for the Egg Machine only. At least then it's worth the time to pursue since it's not something I already own. New creatures can be created every few months or so, so people don't lose interest. ๐Ÿ˜‹ When there gets to be too many created simply just release a random poll of obtainable ones each month or two.

Not something I'd really bother with since the CRW from this year aren't my favorite anyways.