Egg Cave Quests Beta: Suggestions & Feedback

in General

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 25 September 2018 at 2:50 PM

Updates for today

- Main shop restock times should be decreased by about 1-2 minutes on average
- Individual items will begin having higher stock quantities upon restock
- A haggle flood has been implemented that will say "Too many requests" if you flood haggle pages in a 5 second window (i.e. anti sweeping, anti Snaplinks on restock)

Female
1,741 posts

minnie298a • 25 September 2018 at 6:50 PM

Slightly random question that is, but isn't related.

Is there a way to sort your own shop by price? So, for example, all the items I just put in and have yet to price can be grouped together.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 25 September 2018 at 7:53 PM

Yes! It's a pain scrolling through several pages to find unpriced items
And perhaps an option for items that have been in your store the longest. The current Oldest Added/Newest Added sorts by the oldest/newest items introduced to the website rather than the store.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 26 September 2018 at 3:31 AM

I got to 11 in Speed Reader tokens and got happy before I remembered I need to have 50 of each to use the vend machine :”)

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 27 September 2018 at 1:30 AM

I FINALLY gathered 50 tokens on speed reading and toy box quests. 😋
That took awhile. And don't even want to know how much EC. :l
I'm going to try for the Scary & Spooky 2010-2013 prize pool on Oct 2nd (if it'll be around still?)

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 27 September 2018 at 2:48 PM

I've run the vend machine 3 times. I think I'm going to relax a bit more for now and only do the quests with items I have in storage or are in the main shops for a while. Since tokens are staying after beta it should give me a bit of leeway for next times' runs.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 27 September 2018 at 8:55 PM

Suggestion: when there are items in the store, I wish those were given more priority to find than what's current in the user shops. Yes, it'll narrow the pool, but it doesn't have to always to be from the shop, just a priority to make sure it's in the shop rather than user shops.

Edit: also letting us know the duration of the VEND machine prize pools, or giving us a 2 week+ advance warning

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 28 September 2018 at 12:25 AM

@newlife
I agree on letting us know the duration. 😊
I'm pretty sure that'd be a blog post, much like what they do for monthlies. 😱 But currently, it'd be really nice to have a timer/countdown to when prize pools change or something?

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 28 September 2018 at 9:20 PM

I got 50 tokens from Gourmand quests, and I'm trying to redeem them. But... I can't figure out how? I've been looking at The VEND Machine page, trying to figure out where I'm supposed to go to redeem my tokens. I've tried clicking on the Gourmand tokens, the creatures I can get, and on the VEND machine itself but nothing is happening. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 28 September 2018 at 9:29 PM

@smartie2742
You need all of the tokens listed. So, for the "Scary & Spooky" pool, you need both 50 tokens in Arkimedes' quests and 50 tokens in Julianne's quests.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 28 September 2018 at 9:29 PM

@smartie2742
Are you on this page? https://eggcave.com/quests/rewards
I don't see any creatures that require only 50 Gourmand quests, but I'm assuming you're trying for the Autumnal monthlies, which might mean you haven't completed enough Travel quests?

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 28 September 2018 at 10:21 PM

@icymuffin Oh, wow I'm an idiot. For some reason, I thought 50 of the travel quests would get you either the Qamarat or Boarage, and 50 of the Gourmand quests would get you either the Venafera or the Asteran. I didn't realize you needed a combination of the travel and food quests would get you one of the four. I think it's the way the tokens were spaced out underneath that confused me, because I thought the same thing for the Halloween 2010-2013 ones too (but by doing the reading and toy quests).

Time to do a bunch of travel quests now! 😃

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 30 September 2018 at 11:04 AM

I'm hoping and praying that people will be a bit more reasonable with prices before long. I keep seeing things in the Leila Library for 1,000 EC, and they're being resold in user shops for 30,000 EC.

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 30 September 2018 at 12:29 PM

I've seen it brought up already, but it really doesn't make sense to me for the Gourmand quests to have only one item to get, but all the others you have to get two. If anything, you should have to get two items for the Gourmand quests, and one for the others. Now that I've been focusing on travel quests, I've noticed a dramatic difference in the amount of EC I spend. I can find almost all food items in the low-mid 1000's. The most I've spent is 8K, and that's rare. But with the travel quests, it can go past 20K. Usually I'm lucky and only spend a little over 10K, but it's a huge difference to when I was spending 1K on a food quest. I imagine the book and toy quests are even bigger money sinkers. And like others have said, I'm starting to feel like it's easier (and cheaper) to just do a trade where you're guaranteed to get the creature you want. Personally, I think there should be two items to get for Gourmand, and one item for all the others.

Female
1,285 posts

mejary • 1 October 2018 at 3:53 AM

https://eggcave.com/quests/leaderboards

The leaderboards page is broken 😸 It sends me to the 404 Page Not Found error

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 1 October 2018 at 2:17 PM

@Ian
I'm starting to agree with @smartie2742 about price of quests. At first the travel quests were considered the easier one because it was one of the more used items to have been in user shops originally. Books and Toys were originally the hardest for me to get.

With the Stock increase, books are becoming the easier quest since stock prices are from 100 to 5k EC (with a couple of exceptions). Travel Stock prices are all over the place and some are even at 99k to begin with, making this quest much more difficult and expensive to complete. Toys aren't as bad as travels, but they can range over 20k Stock price - and these are the ones they seem to keep getting asked for time and again. Now my 2 lacking quests are toys and travels.

Maybe to help balance the quests out, the ones with a higher Stock price should ask for lower number of items.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 1 October 2018 at 6:54 PM

@mejary

Link has been fixed.

Thank you to everyone else for their feedback. We expect a public release of quests to happen in early or mid October. 😊 We think that the public release should continue to ease any type of item price and/or restocking problems. From there, we will continue to work with the community to ensure that quests are fun and not too difficult.

Female
659 posts

eschla • 3 October 2018 at 6:26 AM

@Ian
Just got a strange error/bug. I started up a new quest in Going Global. I have the travels in inventory, so said I have it all and got immedately the following message in red: Sorry! You were too late. This quest has already expired.
I have 12 hours before? Quick 12 hours in just 1 minute time ☚ī¸

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 3 October 2018 at 8:16 PM

Oh I got a super special travel as a prize from Going Global. Thank You @Ian. I'm hoping these are very rare as prizes, but that definitely helps the high stock price travel issue. Made it well worth it.

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 3 October 2018 at 10:31 PM

So, I spent the obscene amount of time and EC to get enough tokens to use the machine. Finally got a creature. ...Definitely not the one I'd have picked. I don't have the time or EC to do this repeatedly.

Female
5 posts

tiabeanie • 5 October 2018 at 9:43 AM

The Quests aren't entirely added to Egg Cave yet, right? Because it leads me to an error page when I click them...

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 October 2018 at 10:01 AM

Man oh man, I've been having trouble finding the needed items for the Toybox Quests. 😋
I'm having to cancel a lot because I'm starting to not be able to find the needed items in the user shops or toy store. 😋 (RIP, I should'a been smart and been stockpiling items since quests where first announced as something that might be coming to Eggcave.)

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 5 October 2018 at 10:41 AM

@tiabeanie
Quests aren't available to the public yet. If you are not part of the beta you can not currently access quests.

Female
40 posts

secrety • 5 October 2018 at 10:55 AM

I have a question or it might be a bug. I failed one of my quests and it immediately let me do another one. There was no wait time.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 5 October 2018 at 6:16 PM

@secrety was it a different type of quest? E.g. Toybox vs Speed Reading? If not, yeah it's probably a bug

Female
40 posts

secrety • 6 October 2018 at 12:58 AM

It was for the same quest. Speed reading if I recall correctly @wigglytuff

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 7 October 2018 at 11:29 AM

I was finally able to use the VEND machine for Autumnal Monthlies and didn't get the one I really wanted, though I'm not too disappointed cuz I would've been happy with any from that set. But I think the token amount for that specific set is too much. I could've gotten an Asteran for half of what I ended up paying in EC for quests. I think 25-30 tokens instead of 50 would've been a more fair amount for them. But it was fun and I look forward to seeing what creatures we can get next.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 8 October 2018 at 1:51 PM

@eschla

Did you accidentally press the submit button twice? This may have been the cause...

@secrety

This should be fixed now. Let me know if this happens again.

Female
659 posts

eschla • 8 October 2018 at 2:09 PM

@Ian
I guess that it happened, cause I have a very sensitive mouse 😊

Female
40 posts

secrety • 8 October 2018 at 8:27 PM

@Ian thank you so much!