Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

1,467 posts

robinn • 4 November 2019 at 10:42 PM

"Oh, sorry about that." Sirin replies.

Ralem's comment snaps Lyon back to reality. He realizes he hadn't payed attention to what anyone was saying. Now is not the time to zone out! He really wanted to keep an eye on the new avian, but trying to stay concentrated was mentally exhausting.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 November 2019 at 6:04 PM

"That's alright." Jaela says.

1,467 posts

robinn • 5 November 2019 at 6:33 PM

"But it's not like we can't walk and talk at the same time." Sirin says. "What about you guys? Where are you all from?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 November 2019 at 7:04 PM

Ralem rolls his eyes.

"I'm from just south of here, in the canyon. If you mean birthplace, I'm from one of the more populated human cities." Jaela replies.

1,467 posts

robinn • 5 November 2019 at 8:38 PM

"You were born in a human city?" Sirin asks.

Lyon's eyes widen. He never knew that before.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 November 2019 at 8:45 PM

Jaela noticed Lyon's reaction out of the corner of her eye and decided not to say that she had been born human as well. "Yeah. I wish I hadn't. It was horrible."

Ralem stared at Jaela. Why had she been born in a human city? What tribe would be that dumb? He looked over at Raina to see her reaction.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 6 November 2019 at 4:03 PM

"I was born in one too," Raina added, noticing the other's reactions. "Which one were you born in?" she asked Jaela.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 6 November 2019 at 7:05 PM

"I think it was called Enaria." Jaela says, tilting her head as she tried to remember.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 7 November 2019 at 3:52 PM

"Mine was called Arlin," Raina replies.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 7 November 2019 at 3:58 PM

"Hey, that's not too far from mine! Cool!" Jaela says happily.

1,467 posts

robinn • 7 November 2019 at 6:29 PM

Both of them were from human cities? How a I just finding this out now? Lyon wonders. "How did you guys survive in a human city?" He asks.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 7 November 2019 at 9:36 PM

"My parents kept me alive until they were killed by humans. I was next, but I managed to escape." Jaela says, looking down. It wasn't a memory she wanted to relive. "Oh. I just wore baggy shirts and thick sweaters to hide them."

"And how did you hide your wings?" Ralem added right as Jaela started talking.

1,467 posts

robinn • 8 November 2019 at 7:45 PM

"And how about you two?" Lyon asks Sirin and Raina.

"I mostly stayed in the blindspots. Like behind billboards and stuff. Also I would only come out at night." Sirin replies.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 7:54 PM

Ralem listens quietly. They sounded like they were humans, though they certainly didn't look like them.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 8 November 2019 at 9:29 PM

"Well...you could say I was kind of a late bloomer of sorts," Raina motioned to her wings, "they didn't come in until I was about uhhh.....ten or eleven. I thought I was a normal kid before then, I even went to school. My parents had been hiding my secret since I turned ten, and after my neighbors saw my wings, I've been on the run. I haven't seen my parents in...so long. I don't even know it they're alive anymore." She swallowed and turned back to the rest of them with a smile plastered on her face. "Anyways, I'm fine now."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 9:34 PM

Jaela's face had fallen halfway through Raina's story and by the time she had finished, Jaela was almost to tears. "You're way stronger than I am." She changed her expression back to a calm, cool and collected one before walking to Raina and giving her a quick hug. She let go quickly and returned to her earlier position.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 9 November 2019 at 2:17 PM

Raina giggled a bit sadly, "Don't give yourself that little credit. I'm pretty weak compared to you." She hugged Jaela back, then faced the others. "I'm pretty glad I met all of you guys."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 November 2019 at 7:59 PM

"I'm glad I met you too." Jaela says happily.

1,467 posts

robinn • 9 November 2019 at 10:18 PM

"I'm sorry I asked." Lyon mummers. "I must of brought back painful memories."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 10 November 2019 at 8:51 PM

(Alright, I just went back and read the beginning of this rp. Welp, wow. It's been a pretty long time. Raina was a pretty big jerk in the beginning, and I was just starting on rp)
"It's fine. We all have painful memories," Raina says, "What matters is that we're here now."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 November 2019 at 4:29 PM

(Wow... I just did too and I'm realizing that Jaela was a lot more of a jerk back then. This was one of my first rp's. It's been almost a year. On Dec. 18, I'm going to 'yell' in this thing "HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THIS ROLEPLAY... Unless I forget.)

Jaela nods in agreement. "I'm glad we're all here, anyway. None of us have died."

1,467 posts

robinn • 11 November 2019 at 5:04 PM

(Haha, basically everyone was a jerk.)

"And we're going to keep it that way." Lyon adds.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 November 2019 at 5:07 PM

"Hopefully we will, at least." Jaela finishes.

Ralem feels a little left out at all this. He had only joined the group yesterday. He hadn't lived through what it seemed like they had.

(Yup...)

1,467 posts

robinn • 11 November 2019 at 5:39 PM

Lyon stretches his wings. "I'm starting to feel better now, I think I'll be able to fly the rest of the way now."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 November 2019 at 8:31 PM

"Great! We should be able to get there before dark!" Jaela exclaims.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 11 November 2019 at 9:34 PM

(So true tho. Everyone hated each other in the beginning. Remind me to yell happy anniversary plz! lol)
"And we can finally get some rest," Raina says, "Well! To a future where hopefully no one dies!"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 November 2019 at 9:48 PM

"Wait, we actually need to toast on this. I have some Sprite from the last city in my backpack!" Jaela says, pulling it off her shoulders and over her wings. She opened it up and got out a box of them.

1,467 posts

robinn • 11 November 2019 at 9:50 PM

(I wouldn't say hated, but Lyon was way more self-serving.)

"Oooh nice!" Sirin says.

"What's that?" Lyon asks.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 November 2019 at 9:55 PM

"It's a human drink. Not all of the things involved with humans are that bad. I had it when I lived with-near one." Jaela caught herself.

1,467 posts

robinn • 11 November 2019 at 10:28 PM

Lyon looks at the drink suspiciously.

"I'll have one!" Sirin says.