Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 11 April 2020 at 7:41 PM

"Hey!" Raina flicks water back at Lyon, "Take that!"

1,467 posts

robinn • 15 April 2020 at 1:01 PM

Lyon tries to block the water with his wing. "At this rate, we're never going to dry off." He laughs.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 15 April 2020 at 5:03 PM

Jaela turns around. "Hey! Are you splashing each other without me?" She flicks water at them with her wings.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 15 April 2020 at 5:38 PM

(Ralem the one responsible one)
Raina splashes Jaela back and giggles, "We'd never think of doing that!"

Non-binary
20 posts

observerlotte • 15 April 2020 at 5:44 PM

(Could I join? I just read through the whole thread in one sitting and I think i'm dying. Here's my character submission, I've been wanting to use an avian character of mine for a while!

Name: Angel
Appearance: https://imgur.com/a/1PeWgM1/ Light blue hair, a humanoid body covered in feathers from the shoulders down, greenish wings for arms, and black bird talons/feet. Image was drawn by me.
History: A harpy from a civilization high up in the clouds, Angel has been sheltered from the world below and doesn't know about humans. It wasn't long until her curiosity led her to the ground below, where she decided to adopt a nomadic lifestyle, wandering from place to place, though she's tended to avoid large cities or villages, and forages for food- Berries, typically.
Personality: Childlike and innocent, she doesn't know much about humans or social norms, and is a bit nosy.
Power: Can use weak elemental magic, but is unable to fight with it.
Weakness: Gullible, noisy/weak flyer.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 15 April 2020 at 7:39 PM

(@observerlotte Of course you can! Reading the whole thing through? That's dedication! I applaud you! That's amazing art by the way. The artist in me appreciates the wing design 😊)

Jaela giggles to herself. "Good for you guys!" She says, flicking water at Raina. Her wings were almost too dry to do so now.

Ralem stops walking and turns around to watch.

1,467 posts

robinn • 15 April 2020 at 8:12 PM

"Water fight? I'm just trying to dry my wings off and Raina's not helping at all." Lyon flicks more water at her.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 15 April 2020 at 8:58 PM

"Oof maybe I can help then." Jaela rapidly flicked her wings at Lyon, showering him with little water droplets.

Non-binary
20 posts

observerlotte • 15 April 2020 at 10:51 PM

Angel stared at the group of avians flicking water at each other, perched in a nearby tree, poking her head out with a mischievous smile. She had never seen creatures like them before! Were they harpies, too? They definitely had wings like her! Either way...
"I wanna play, too!" Angel chirped, leaping out of the tree and dashing towards the group. She puffed out her feathers, flapped her wings, and using the little magic she knew to create a faint, staccato breeze that blew towards the group, making a happy trilling noise.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 April 2020 at 12:02 PM

Jaela turned around, flaring her wings. Was it another attack? A little avian with wings for arms and birdlike legs bounced out of a tree and ran towards them. Who was that... little squirt? A happy windy trilling noise reached her ears and she closed her wings, straightening. "This is possibly the worst sneak attack I have ever seen." She said. Or the best sneak attack... A small part of her thought. Her hand strayed slightly to the knife at her side, just in case.

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 April 2020 at 1:00 PM

"What is that?" Lyon whispers. He reaches for his dagger.

Non-binary
20 posts

observerlotte • 16 April 2020 at 1:36 PM

Upon realizing the suspicious glares and glances pointed at her, Angel raised her wings in surrender, her cheerful expression becoming a mix of anxiety and embarrassment. "W-Wait! I don't want to attack you guys! You all just seemed like you were having fun, and... I wanted to join in..." She shuffled her feet, keeping her wings raised, and continued, "My name is Angel... Are- Are you guys harpies, too?" She asked with a nervous stutter. Angel didn't know if other harpies lived on the ground, but she *did* know that these people definitely had wings, just like her.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 April 2020 at 2:53 PM

"I... Think it's a harpy..." Jaela mutters.

Ralem takes a step towards the stranger. "We're Avians. There aren't many harpies around here... Where did you come from?" He asks, trying not to sound threatening.

Non-binary
20 posts

observerlotte • 16 April 2020 at 3:27 PM

Cautiously, Angel let one wing drop to her side, the other pointing at the sky above. "The clouds..." She answered after a moment, her voice more serious. "I used to live in a place above the clouds, but I got curious on what the world below was like, so I came here!" She smiles again, and gives a friendly flap of her wings, attempting to indicate she meant no harm, yet again. "Buuuut... I'm not too great at flying. I can get off the ground, but I can't go high enough to reach any clouds... Ehehehe..."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 April 2020 at 3:37 PM

"Could you show us? I may be able to help with the strength thing." Ralem offered. The others were probably gaping at his fast trusting. It wasn't quite trust, more of an offer of help.

Jaela folded her arms. Her story sounded so familiar... Probably because she herself had left home partly form curiosity, and mostly because she would have gotten killed if she'd stayed at her home.

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 April 2020 at 4:57 PM

Lyon keeps his hand on his dagger. The last avian they ran into tried to kill them. He wasn't going let something like that happen again.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 16 April 2020 at 5:33 PM

Raina stares at the harpy, "Harpy....?" she blinks quickly and rubs at her eyes. She had only met avians before, "I'm not dreaming, am I?" she muttered under her breath. "Well. Hi. What's your name?" she says a bit cautiously. Even though some avians before tried to kill them, the harpy seemed nice enough.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 April 2020 at 6:17 PM

Jaela watched the stranger hesitantly. Why did she still feel a trap coming on?

Non-binary
20 posts

observerlotte • 16 April 2020 at 9:31 PM

((sorry for slightly late reply, i've been playing minecraft all day lolol))
At Ralem's request, (though she didn't know his name yet,) Angel noisily flapped her wings, just enough to be able to hover above the group for a few moments. Anxiously, as she landed, she looked around at the group, trying to keep her head up and eyes in contact with whoever else's they happened to meet- Though, it was more of... a stare. At home, she had picked up that looking people in the eyes was a sign that you weren't lying to them- that it was good! And the fact that most of them seemed distrustful, still... She wanted to let them know that all she wanted to do was join in their fun. They didn't seem like bad people, after all. "Um..." She mumbled, "so yeah! I'm Angel the harpy. I-It's nice to meet you all?"

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 April 2020 at 9:51 PM

"And what do you want with us?" Lyon asks Angel. His distrust was clear in his voice.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 April 2020 at 12:23 PM

Ralem looked at Lyon. "Try asking politely. That works sometimes."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 April 2020 at 2:01 PM

(Oof, Lyon got roasted)
Raina steps in front of Lyon, "Ignore him, he's a bit grumpy today. So, what brings you to us?" she asks.

1,467 posts

robinn • 17 April 2020 at 2:54 PM

(Lol)
"I am not grumpy." Lyon mutters. He couldn't see they could be so easily trusting.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 April 2020 at 3:28 PM

Jaela snorts loudly. "Sure." She mutters.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 April 2020 at 7:26 PM

Raina giggles a bit, then clears her throat, "C'mon guys, we have a guest. You guys can flirt later."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 April 2020 at 7:34 PM

Jaela shoots a venomous look at Raina. "It's. Not. Flirting." She growls.

Ralem raises a hand to his mouth to cover his grin.

Non-binary
20 posts

observerlotte • 17 April 2020 at 7:41 PM

Angel let out a small chuckle at seeing the friendly banter in front of her, and then said, "I just wanted to play with everyone else here is all! You guys looked like you were all having fun, and even now, everyone's smiling and having fun, too!"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 April 2020 at 7:49 PM

Ralem walked towards the harpy. "I'd be happy to let you join! Um, first, do you mind if I check your intentions?" He held out a hand. "It's one of my powers and it might put the others at ease." He smiled a little.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 April 2020 at 8:18 PM

"Suuuuuure," Raina drawls, "Yeah, that might be good. We've had a lot of bad experiences with avians lately."

Non-binary
20 posts

observerlotte • 17 April 2020 at 8:34 PM

"Go ahead," Angel chirped with a smile. "Umm... I'm sorry that you've had to go through so many bad experiences lately, though..." She mumbles, her smile fading.