Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

1,467 posts

robinn • 1 July 2020 at 7:10 PM

"I can say the exact same thing to you." Lyon says to Jaela.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 July 2020 at 7:34 PM

"I'm glad you can think for yourself, angel boy." Jaela replies, flipping her hair.

"Ship." Ralem whispers to Raina.

1,467 posts

robinn • 1 July 2020 at 7:58 PM

"Of course, someone has to do the thinking around here." Lyon says.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 July 2020 at 8:15 PM

"So unfortunate for us that it's you." Jaela sighed.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 July 2020 at 8:18 PM

(Here's my new character. I hope she's okay. I wrote her up fast, so it's not as detailed as I usually do.)

Name: Elsie, Cecily, Ines, or Penny
Appearance: She looks exactly like the picture. She is very small for her age.
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/966958e9-557d-4ffe-bcd4-213999ed0db3/d7y0di4-cf58898b-e585-4265-af28-371d870eb5cf.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOTY2OTU4ZTktNTU3ZC00ZmZlLWJjZDQtMjEzOTk5ZWQwZGIzXC9kN3kwZGk0LWNmNTg4OThiLWU1ODUtNDI2NS1hZjI4LTM3MWQ4NzBlYjVjZi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.knqXFuz4KIu9a3r3Cy37024UWadc8Btnf26pBhFE35M
Appearance of wings: Her wings look wispy and are soft to the touch. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f2/ec/3f/f2ec3f08df7eed78755d799319342851.png
History: She doesn't remember much about her past life. She has vague memories, that might be real or might be dreams. Who would know? Currently, she's all alone with a major headache. She remembers how to talk, read, and stuff like that. She doesn't remember her name or birthday, but she does remember her age.
Personality: She's shy and nervous around strangers. She's very flighty. It's easy to scare her. She's not brave, though she wishes she was. She wishes she was a lot of things she isn't. It's clear she doesn't have much self-confidence. Once she gets over her initial shyness, she gets a little friendlier and talks more. However, she isn't much of a talker to begin with. She's a naturally quiet person. Everything she does is quiet. She's good at sneaking around and hiding. She's the type of person people forget about in hide and seek. She only gets loud every so often. When she gets louds, there is something seriously wrong. She is likely to bond with one person and stick close to them. She's a super sweet and thoughtful person. She also has a large imagination.
Power: She doesn't know if she has any powers or what they might be. She assumes she has them. It seems most avians have them, and she is an avian.
Weakness: She's not a good fighter. She can't fight at all, really. Her idea of a weapon is a stick. She's not strong either. She's a weak flyer. She's very clumsy. She hurts herself a lot accidently. Her biggest weakest is she's very dependent on others. She needs someone with her. She doesn't make choices for herself often. She doesn't like to be alone.
Other: I couldn't decide what to name her, so I thought it would be fun to put a few names I liked and have your characters 'name her' by picking one of those, if you all want.

She's not much of an avian hunter, so would it be okay if she she joined Jaela, Lyon, Raina, and Ralem's group?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 July 2020 at 8:25 PM

(Oh my gosh she is a bean. Jaela is going to be way too overprotective of her... Yup, it's fine with me if she joined them! @summerglow, @shadowdragon, what do you think?)

1,467 posts

robinn • 1 July 2020 at 8:39 PM

(Yeah sounds good to me!)

"Well, I'm the best we got." Lyon replies. "Better me than you."

(So much sass right now)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 July 2020 at 8:42 PM

"You're right. I'd probably get eveyone killed." Jaela coughed. "LarkMalen." She coughed again. "No offense." She finished, clearly meaning offense.

(If they were on an alien planet I'd call them 'sass'-tronauts. Hehehe)

1,467 posts

robinn • 1 July 2020 at 8:50 PM

(Oh no she went there)

Lyon narrows his eyes. "Are you calling me an incompetent leader?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 July 2020 at 10:25 AM

(Yup, she did... Watch out.)

"No, I'm just saying that sometimes bad things happen, so Hakuna Matata." Jaela replies, smirking slightly. Lyon rarely lost his cool. She took this challenge head on.

Ralem started shipping them less and worrying about what was going to happen at this point more.

1,467 posts

robinn • 2 July 2020 at 11:50 AM

"Are you blaming these bad things on me?" Lyon's voice gets a little louder.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 2 July 2020 at 12:07 PM

Lana sunk back into silence. While they spoke more, she checked her supplies to make sure she had everything she needed. She glanced up once curiously when the avian showed the feathers. She gave her attention back to the group fully when Sirin asked his question. She wanted to know the answer too.

The girl let out a soft whimper as she gained consciousness. Her head was throbbing. She opened her eyes, only to shut them a moment later. The light was blinding and made her headache worse. She sat up, another whimper escaping her. The movement made her feel like a hammer had just hit her head. She reached for the area on her head that felt worse. Her hair was clumped in that area. When she brought her hand back, she saw flakes of dry blood. Her shirt was stained with dry blood too. She knew that wasn't good. She lay back down, suddenly feeling very sick. She let her thoughts wander for a moment before she realized one important thing... Her mind was completely blank. What happened? Where was she? When had her life started...? It was an unsettling feeling: to know nothing. She felt like she'd just been created right then and there, but she knew that wasn't how things worked. People weren't just created out of thin air. And yet, she couldn't remember anything past waking up... She didn't think that was supposed to happen.

(Alright! She's close to wherever they are then. If shadowdragon is okay with her joining them, they can run into her or she'll get desperate enough and call for help.)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 2 July 2020 at 10:50 PM

(Yaa she's so cute ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh 😊)
(oh god I miss Lark and Malen omg I remember them now ahhhhh)
"Uhh, guys, why don't we just calm down a bit and be friendly again," Raina says nervously. "They were killed by bad humans, not one of us."
(If only you knew, Raina lol)
"Uhh, yeah, they're causing a disturbance," Elias lies, "I've been requested to..apprehend them."

1,467 posts

robinn • 2 July 2020 at 11:41 PM

Requested? By who? Sirin wonders. "Hey, is it possible we could make a quick stop before we go avian tracking? I have a hideout nearby and I'd like to get some supplies."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 July 2020 at 11:14 AM

"I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I'm just saying. You and Lark were together when she died. What actually happened to her? You never told us even where her body was so we could give her a good funeral." Jaela tries to speak louder than Lyon. She mostly doesn't hear Raina.

"Though Jaela has a point, Raina's more right at the moment. We all need to take a step back." Ralem says.

MIkka hears some louder voices farther away. Those ones didn't sound friendly... And her powers wouldn't help either. She looked around for the quiet ones she'd heard earlier.

1,467 posts

robinn • 3 July 2020 at 12:10 PM

"Are you accusing me of murder now?" Lyon yells. "You know what? I get it now, you don't trust me at all. Maybe I should just leave!" He storms out of the cave after giving one final glare to Jaela.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 July 2020 at 12:18 PM

"That's fine with me," Lana replies. She looks over at the other avian. He was probably the one Sirin had been asking.

As she laid there in the quiet, the girl realized her mind wasn't as empty as she had thought. Memories of being held, someone brushing her hair, laughing at bad jokes, and splashing in water came into her. They felt strange. She didn't remember doing any of it. They didn't feel like her memories. They might not be. She didn't know. She also realized she knew her age. She was eight years old. She felt like that was very important. When she tried to think of her name, her mind went blank. She felt some panic surge through her but not much. It was strange to not even know her name but she didn't remember a time when she knew her name. She didn't feel any loss. How could one miss something they didn't remember?
The throbbing in her head was getting worse, not better. She knew she had to do something. Maybe she should find help? She heard voices. Maybe they could help her? Did she want them to help her? She forced herself to sit up and get on her hands. The voices were loud and scary. She felt like someone had told her once to stay away from scary people. She didn't know what she was supposed to do. The pain and stress made her feel like crying.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 July 2020 at 2:30 PM

Raina looks back and forth between Jaela and Lyon before deciding what to do. "Ralem, can you take care of Jaela?" she asks. "I'm going to go after Lyon and bring him back." She walks after Lyon. "Wait!" Raina yells, "I'm sure Jaela didn't really mean it. I know that you had nothing to do with Lark." But Jaela had a point, Raina thought. They never did figure out what happened to Lark, and she needed to ask Lyon about that later. But right now they had to stick together.

"Sure," Elias looks at the avian suspiciously, "Mind if I come with?" He didn't trust the avian one bit, and needed to keep an eye on him.

1,467 posts

robinn • 3 July 2020 at 5:43 PM

"Whatever, I don't want to be around her right now," Lyon says.

"Yeah, I don't mind. It's not like it's anything special." Sirin stands up and stretches. "Follow me."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 July 2020 at 1:49 PM

"But we need to stick together and get moving soon," Raina says, "otherwise the human's might find us. Please come back."

Elias nods to the girl avian, "Are you coming too?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 July 2020 at 10:15 AM

Jaela glares at Lyon as he left, then stomps to the back of the cave and sits down.

Ralem sits down next to her. "What was that about?"

"I have no idea." Jaela grumbles. "Why is he always so hostile over simple questions?"

"I don't know? Could you have been asking him if he, i don't know. Murdered Lark?" Ralem asks.

"No that's crazy. Of course I was." Jaela snorts.

"Maybe not the best idea to tick him off when the humans are chasing us. "

"No kidding." Jaela looks at Ralem. "But easy for you to say."

(Ahhh and here is where MIkka can meet up with the others,)

1,467 posts

robinn • 5 July 2020 at 11:17 AM

"Just leave me alone!" Lyon snaps, accidentally using his ability.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 July 2020 at 11:43 AM

(Crap)

"In what way?" Ralem asks.

"You're happy almost angel boy and everything's sunshine and rainbows for you." Jaela says sarcastically.

"Heh, I guess I am always positive, aren't I?" Ralem chuckles.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 July 2020 at 4:45 PM

(Uh oh)
Raina suddenly felt an overwhelming urge to listen to Lyon and get as far away from him as she could. "O-ok, if that's what you really want. But you can always talk to me." She flies back towards the cave and lands at the entrance. Why did she leave Lyon? It was like she wasn't thinking clearly.

1,467 posts

robinn • 5 July 2020 at 5:32 PM

Lyon was surprised how easily Raina listened to him. Then he realized why. "Wait! Raina!" He quickly flies back to her.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 July 2020 at 5:40 PM

Jaela and Ralem stood up when Raina landed. "Did you find him?" Lyon appeared flying towards her. Jaela scowled at him.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 July 2020 at 10:38 PM

Lana nods. “Yes, I’ll come.” She reaches down and grabs her bag, carefully placing the straps around her shoulder. She looks over at the others, ready to go.

The girl began to crawl over to where she heard the voices. She wasn’t supposed to talk to strangers and dangerous people, but her head really hurt. She was scared and didn’t know what to do. The thought of being along filled her with so much fear, she felt like she’d explode from it. The longer she was by herself, the more she felt like crying. Tears were already threatening to fall. “Hello?” she sniffled. She forced herself to speak louder. “Is anyone there?”

(Feel free to ignore her until you're all done with your current scene.)

Alvar was beating Shiva up about losing an ally. “You’re so hostile, she knew you didn’t like her.” Shiva shrugged. “I didn’t like her. It was the truth.” Alvar makes a huffing noise. She didn’t know it was possible for skeleton birds to make a noise like that. “I liked her.” “I didn’t, and I’m already stuck with you. It’s better that she left. I only have to deal with one annoying being.” Alvar seemed confused for a minute before he realized what she was referring to. “You can’t dislike me! I was created just for you.” Shiva shrugged. “Can’t change how I feel.”

1,467 posts

robinn • 6 July 2020 at 12:56 PM

Sirin exits the cave. He stretches his wings and winces in pain. He turns to the others. "Uh...I can't exactly fly at the moment. I guess we're walking."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 7 July 2020 at 9:58 AM

Jaela stares at the woods next to the cave, not wanting to look at Lyon. Why was he back so fast anyway? She spotted a hint of movement and frowned. She ignored Lyon and went to investigate it.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 7 July 2020 at 10:49 AM

Lana was relieved when Sirin said they had to walk. She felt bad right after. Him not being able to fly was because of his pain. That wasn't good. She was glad she wouldn't have to tell them about her wing right away. "That's fine," she says, following him outside.

The girl spotted a group of people in the forest. Her eyes widened a bit when she saw their wings. They weren't as dangerous as she thought then. People with wings were less dangerous... Hadn't she been told that? She stayed still and watched them. They looked tense and unhappy. Were they good or bad? It was hard to tell. She tensed with fear and got ready to try to run when she saw one of them, a girl with golden wings, walking near to where she was.